Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonita Papers

Hey, Karen? Did you give up on me? Don't blame you if you did. I got waylaid with personal stuff. But I've printed out The Bonita Papers tonight and will be reading them and posting anything I find interesting. So if you wander in, let me know if you're still interested.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Hey, Karen? Did you give up on me? Don't blame you if you did. I got waylaid with personal stuff. But I've printed out The Bonita Papers tonight and will be reading them and posting anything I find interesting. So if you wander in, let me know if you're still interested.
    I'm here KoldKase! i've been busy lately too. I'll keep checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well I am skimming over the Bonita Papers again and I find myself sqirming around in my seat and frowning all the time. There are just so many things in there that are incredible (unbelievable) and that are never discussed. Does anybody want to go over this document again and pick out some of the things that don't seem true? I've been wanting to do this for a very long time because there are just so many things that I question. I put this here instead of the Bonita Papers thread because i thought we could just go read over there and post back here. So anyway if anyone is game please go read them over and then join in. I'll start with one thing I'm having trouble believing.
    Not a quote, just from what I remember:

Patsy's chin had started to recede so she had chin reconstruction surgery in the summer of 1996.

First of all I wonder if this is true at all. It seems like just having been declared healthy from stage 4 ovarian cancer and going through all that heavy chemo and whatever else she had to do I wonder if Patsys receding chin was really so important to her that she would go through a medical procedure to correct it. Now I know everything about Patsy and her family had to perfect but to go this far after the cancer treatments seems a bit extreme to me. And I have never read about this anywhere else. But the biggie to me is this happened in the summer of 1996?? Is that the summer she went to Texas and came back with a big diamond ring on her finger?( I think I'm going to go look at some Patsy pictures and compare the old chin with the new chin.) I'll post back here tomorrow with my opinion because it's getting really late and I need to go to bed. If anybody else cares to go look let me know what you think. But in the meantime, what say you all to this revelation?
    Thank you for this thread Karen! I did not think anything about Patsy would surprise me anymore, but a chin lift at that age is absurd. That is about the craziest thing I've read that she did. I was born 2 years before Patsy and I have not noticed to this day whether my chin still looks like it did in my 20's or if it's receding. I have never thought about it. Patsy's ego is off the charts as far as I'm concerned!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

If you look at the photo of Patsy kneeling at JB's grave, she has quite a pronounced receding chin in that photo. She looks very different from photos from 1996. If she'd had surgery in 1996, I'd be surprised. Maybe the date was wrong. In the graveside photo, (to me) Patsy has the distinctive moon face and body of someone who has been on extended prednisone or other steroid treatment. This is typically given to cancer patients, and by the time that photo was taken, Patsy's cancer had likely returned.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    If you look at the photo of Patsy kneeling at JB's grave, she has quite a pronounced receding chin in that photo. She looks very different from photos from 1996. If she'd had surgery in 1996, I'd be surprised. Maybe the date was wrong. In the graveside photo, (to me) Patsy has the distinctive moon face and body of someone who has been on extended prednisone or other steroid treatment. This is typically given to cancer patients, and by the time that photo was taken, Patsy's cancer had likely returned.
    I agree DeeDee. That's one reason why I started this thread. I don't believe all of the information in the Bonita papers is true. So here we have a place to pick it apart a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    Thank you for this thread Karen! I did not think anything about Patsy would surprise me anymore, but a chin lift at that age is absurd. That is about the craziest thing I've read that she did. I was born 2 years before Patsy and I have not noticed to this day whether my chin still looks like it did in my 20's or if it's receding. I have never thought about it. Patsy's ego is off the charts as far as I'm concerned!
    Somewhere around here, maybe up on this thread somewhere, someone said after Patsy beat cancer she treated herself to a full facelift. I don't think she looked like she had a facelift in any of the pics I've seen. Maybe she had a really good doc? If that is true there are sure a lot of Hollywood actresses she should have shared that phone number with!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Somewhere around here, maybe up on this thread somewhere, someone said after Patsy beat cancer she treated herself to a full facelift. I don't think she looked like she had a facelift in any of the pics I've seen. Maybe she had a really good doc? If that is true there are sure a lot of Hollywood actresses she should have shared that phone number with!
    I don't remember Patsy having a face lift. She didn't look that changed to me, she seemed kinda of puffy for a bit after the cancer. But I could be wrong.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
    I don't remember Patsy having a face lift. She didn't look that changed to me, she seemed kinda of puffy for a bit after the cancer. But I could be wrong.
    That puffy look is a fairly universal result of chemotherapy, specifically the steroids (usually prednisone) given to ease inflammation and increase appetite. Patsy looked like had "chemo face" to me in later years. Not in 1996 when she was in remission, but her cancer did return and she likely had another round of chemo then.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I agree with you DeeDee about the puffy look re: prednisone. Remember when Jerry Lewis was taking that for a back problem and he looked like a blown up balloon ready to pop?

Patsy's face lift would have been before any of us ever heard of her, at the end of her chemo/surgery in 1994...? Right?

I am reading and taking notes on the Bonita Papers. I have so many.... So many questions, some things that I believe are mistakes, some others I want to know the source because they could be critical. Got to run right not, but I'll be back later to make some comments and see what ideas y'all have.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I have been reading the Bonita Papers. It makes me crazy, because with all the years we've been looking at these sources, evidence, etc., I have a better perspective on what I'm reading and I simply cannot bear the injustice of no one being arrested in this murder when clearly the evidence was sufficient to bring it to trial.

It's late so I'll just write a few short notes for now.

1. I notice a lot of the information Bonita wrote came from the LE and BDA interviews with the Ramseys. I feel like I know much of this by heart, I've read it so many times now in so many sources.

2. Bonita took her notes from the actual case files, if memory serves. What part of the case files has never been specified, but it doesn't seem like it can only be the LE interviews we have, because she does write about some things not in the LE interviews of the Ramseys. For example:

3. Bonita starts out with the "child's scream" we read about in PMPT and Thomas' book. Ramsey neighbor Melody Stanton stated to LE she heard it between 12 and 2 am, and that it was a child's scream that "lasted three to five seconds and stopped as abruptly as it started."

Thomas wrote that Stanton later recanted her statement, saying she could have heard a "psychic" scream. That was enough to effectively paint her as a flake, so...court testimony avoided for her.

For the sake of argument, which we've been having a discussion about JonBenet being first attacked, her head injury being sustained near or in her bedroom because of her blood being on the pillowcase, let's say Melody did hear that scream just like she said. Let's say it was a child's scream and it lasted seconds and then stopped abruptly.

Would that indicate JonBenet saw the attack coming and then screamed, abruptly stopping when her head was bashed in?

If she was attacked on the second floor and not in the basement, as some people like to believe, how would the family not hear her scream from there? I can't imagine they wouldn't have.

Of course, we don't know what Melody Stanton actually heard, if anything, but it is something to ponder because Bonita wrote that Stanton in fact worried about the child, imagining that the parents were taking care of her, whatever had happened.

If Bonita got that info directly from Melody Stanton's original statement to LE, documented in a police report, I think the timeliness and detail carry a bit more weight than I have been giving this info.

I'm going to think about this some more. Any ideas?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Where'd everybody go? Is it my breath? Deodorant?

FFJ to Karen! FFJ to Karen! Are you there? Hello?

Well, I'll keep checking back.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~