Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Interesting photos

I found these on a website recently and I can't remember seeing them like this before--with a "heart" table at the foot of the bed. Maybe I've seen the cropped version, with the beds stripped, but for the life of me I can't remember that table.

I think it's rather interesting how hearts are always popping up in this murder case. Thoughts?

Here are a couple of side shots of the room taken at what looks to be the same time. The table can been seen, though darkly. I am thinking these shots look like those published in a tab way back when. Believe it or not, I didn't buy tabloids for the first few years of this case. Took the Ramseys' to break down my wall of shame on this.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Another interesting photo from that website--again, hearts on the gown, as well:

I have no idea where this photo orginally came from, as it had no caption on a JBR website where I found it. Since I looked for a long time trying to locate a Barbie nightgown that might be similar to the one found in the basement with the body/blanket, and this looks like it might be from that time period, I thought I'd post it.

The cloth it's lying on is curious. Almost like the way clothing that's evidence might be handled to collect forensic evidence? Maybe it's a vintage piece wrapped in cloth to preserve it? I have no idea.

Is it the one found with the body? Again, I have no idea, but I'd be really surprised if it is because I've never even seen a reference to such a photo, which would be from the case file, obviously. I'm sure such a photo would be in the case files, but they didn't show it to Patsy that I can see in the 1998 interview where she was shown many photos and one of the gown in plastic, as I remember.

As far as I know, few people would actually know what the original gown that belonged to JB looked like, outside the investigation and family. There must have been many styles available to purchase in 1996.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I finally see the stripes on that Barbie nightie now. Thank you for posting that enlargement!
    As far as the heart table, I suppose the reason we haven't seen it before is that the photos show the other twin bed next to JB's bed, but not the area beneath it. I have never seen the first 2 photos before, including the small, dark rectangle where a piece of JB's bedroom carpet was cut out by LE for testing. I assume this is where the fluoroscope indicated urine.
    I wouldn't make too much of the "hearts". They are a common theme for a lot of little girls, both clothing and room decor. And little girls also like to draw them! My daughter drew hearts on everything when she was young.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I finally see the stripes on that Barbie nightie now. Thank you for posting that enlargement!
    As far as the heart table, I suppose the reason we haven't seen it before is that the photos show the other twin bed next to JB's bed, but not the area beneath it. I have never seen the first 2 photos before, including the small, dark rectangle where a piece of JB's bedroom carpet was cut out by LE for testing. I assume this is where the fluoroscope indicated urine.
    I wouldn't make too much of the "hearts". They are a common theme for a lot of little girls, both clothing and room decor. And little girls also like to draw them! My daughter drew hearts on everything when she was young.
    Well, I wouldn't make so much of the hearts, but you know...heart on hand?

Patsy and John both denied seeing the heart on JB's hand at any time before she was found the next day. They said they discouraged JB from marking on herself, etc. Went into a lot of detail about that. When the Ramseys went into a lot of detail to deny something trivial, it makes me suspicious.

This is the same heart Patsy told Haney in her '98 LE interview she saw "that morning" and considered was "well drawn"; and then she came back to the interview the next day and brought up first thing that she was mistaken about that and wanted to clear up that she hadn't really "seen" the heart, that she'd probably just read about it in the autopsy. You know, the autopsy she said she didn't read...unless it suited her to have read it, then suddenly she had. (Good catch, Armistead. I bet he couldn't wait to read her the riot act on the fact that she just told LE she had seen her child's hand that morning. MAJOR confession, but luckily for Patsy she was talking to the BDA "detectives" and she could have described how she murdered the child and they'd have helped her out of that one, too.)

Another thing we can see in photos: JonBenet had a set of pavé diamond (fake?) earings she wore in pageant competition that were large hearts.

Oh well. You're probably right. None of it matters anyway now.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

It still matters. I didn't mean to be dismissive. Just that I don't make much of a connection between the heart on her hand and the hearts on her table or clothing.
    I know Patsy "slipped" when she mentioned that "pretty good little heart". She SAW it. In the basement.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    It still matters. I didn't mean to be dismissive. Just that I don't make much of a connection between the heart on her hand and the hearts on her table or clothing.
    I know Patsy "slipped" when she mentioned that "pretty good little heart". She SAW it. In the basement.
    I don't mean to sound petulant, DeeDee. They don't have a icon here on my behalf. I don't know if I'm more frustrated at this point because we still have these questions or because I still think about them.

It's not even certain the drawing on the hand is a heart. Looking at the photos in the case library, who knows? There even seem to be other marks on the hand.

I do wonder what caused those bumps in the palm. It's seldom that the palm will show a rash like that. I keep trying to think of what would cause it. Some kind of chemical? Maybe something she got on her hand from her necklace/bead kit she'd been playing with that day/night?

Or maybe someone tried to remove the heart/marks? Alcohol? Nail polish remover? Turpentine? Those might do it.

I don't know about the section of carpet cut out. I vaguely remember discussions about it, but can't recall exactly what the testing revealed. Same with JAR's bedroom, which had sections like that cut out of the carpet. I'm thinking we never heard those results? Or I've forgotten, at any rate. Maybe someone else remembers more specifics?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I seem to remember reading in PMPT about how when Patsy was going through her chemo and she would come home and invaribly in up in the hospital in Boulder because of infections or fatigue or something like that. Some kind of complication. Anyway, that is where Patsy started drawing the heart in Jonbenets hand. When the kids would come visit her in the hospital there she would draw a heart in Jonbenets palm and tell her it's because she carries her heart with her when they are apart or something like that. Of course Patsy denied EVER doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I seem to remember reading in PMPT about how when Patsy was going through her chemo and she would come home and invaribly in up in the hospital in Boulder because of infections or fatigue or something like that. Some kind of complication. Anyway, that is where Patsy started drawing the heart in Jonbenets hand. When the kids would come visit her in the hospital there she would draw a heart in Jonbenets palm and tell her it's because she carries her heart with her when they are apart or something like that. Of course Patsy denied EVER doing that.
    Oh, thanks for remembering this. I was thinking I read somewhere that Patsy wrote on JonBenet's palm, but at this point I can't remember the details at all. Have you ever read "JonBenet's Mother"? I'm wondering if it could have been in that?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Another interesting photo from that website--again, hearts on the gown, as well:

I have no idea where this photo orginally came from, as it had no caption on a JBR website where I found it. Since I looked for a long time trying to locate a Barbie nightgown that might be similar to the one found in the basement with the body/blanket, and this looks like it might be from that time period, I thought I'd post it.

The cloth it's lying on is curious. Almost like the way clothing that's evidence might be handled to collect forensic evidence? Maybe it's a vintage piece wrapped in cloth to preserve it? I have no idea.

Is it the one found with the body? Again, I have no idea, but I'd be really surprised if it is because I've never even seen a reference to such a photo, which would be from the case file, obviously. I'm sure such a photo would be in the case files, but they didn't show it to Patsy that I can see in the 1998 interview where she was shown many photos and one of the gown in plastic, as I remember.

As far as I know, few people would actually know what the original gown that belonged to JB looked like, outside the investigation and family. There must have been many styles available to purchase in 1996.

I don't know where it came from eithor but it does look like the one found in the basement and the reason I say this is because when it was shown to Patsy she said she remembered a big Barbie head or face on the nightie JB had and this one has her whole body. Patsy distancing herslf once again, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Oh, thanks for remembering this. I was thinking I read somewhere that Patsy wrote on JonBenet's palm, but at this point I can't remember the details at all. Have you ever read "JonBenet's Mother"? I'm wondering if it could have been in that?
    I'm almost positive I read it is PMPT KoldKase. I have read all the books but I read PMPT first and I remember that standing out to me. One of the women friends told about it but I don't remember who it was. Guess I could look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm almost positive I read it is PMPT KoldKase. I have read all the books but I read PMPT first and I remember that standing out to me. One of the women friends told about it but I don't remember who it was. Guess I could look it up.
    Oh, thanks, Karen! What a good idea! YOU look it up.... Perfect!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

There is mention of pineapple here too! Steve Thomas mentions the heart on her hand.

Steve Thomas - "JonBenét" Courtesy of Little

than a twisting garrote. The broken paintbrush used as the garrote
    handle had Korea printed on it.
    When Meyer clipped the nails of each finger, no blood or tissue was
    found that would indicate a struggle. He used the same clippers for all
    the fingers, although doing so created an issue of cross-contamination.
    For optimal DNA purposes, separate and sterile clippers should have
    been used for each finger. Furthermore, we later learned that the coroner's
    office sometimes used the same clippers on different autopsy subjects.
    A heart was drawn in red ink on the palm of the victim's left hand,
    she wore a gold ring on her right middle finger, and a gold bracelet was
    on her wrist. It was a gift from her Aunt Pam, engraved "JonBenet
    12-25-96."
    The long underwear and a pair of oversized floral panties with
    Wednesday printed on them were both stained by urine, and the panties
    had red stains in the crotch. Meyer found the vagina slightly discolored
    and noted an abrasion at the seven o'clock position of the hymeneal
    opening, along with some red liquid consistent with blood. It appeared
    that the vaginal area had been wiped, and small dark fibers were collected
    from her pubic region.
    Detective Trujillo then scanned the body with ultraviolet light and
    saw fluorescent markings along the thighs. Such light is useful in ob-
    serving fluid not visible to the naked eye, and Trujillo thought he saw
    traces of semen. Samples were taken for testing. Any presence of semen
    on the victim would indicate a male attacker.
    The stomach was empty, but the coroner found what appeared to be
    chunks of pineapple in the upper digestive tract. This also would be
    tested in an effort to determine to what extent the food had been
    digested, a key indicator in helping establish the time of death. Police
    would need to identify what she had eaten the day before, when, and
    where.
    Abrasions were noted on the face and shoulder, as were two small
    rectangular ones on the back, a triangular abrasion on the neck, and a
    scratch on the lower left leg.
    There had been a surprising lack of blood for such a violent murder.
    The child did not seem to have been beaten, and when the coroner
    examined the eyelids, he found the pinpoint petechial hemorrhaging
    that indicated she was still alive and her heart pumping when she was
    choked. The garrote was the most obvious cause of death.
    So the viewers at the autopsy were astonished when Meyer peeled
    back the scalp and discovered that the entire upper right side of her

skull had been crushed by some enormous blow that left a well-defined
    rectangular pattern. The brain had massively hemorrhaged, but the
    blood had been contained within the skull. The caved-in skull was a
    second, and totally unexpected, possible cause of death.
    Meyer concluded that JonBenet was alive at the time her head was
    struck and was still alive when she was choked. Either attack would
    have been fatal, but he officially called it asphyxia due to strangulation
    associated with massive head trauma. He could not establish a time of
    death.

elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.