Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 36
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Question Question?

    For lots of reasons old age being the most popular I had forgotten that JBR had twin beds in her room. Now my question is this: why would she go crawl into Burkes bed after she wet hers if she had the twin right there? I would guess that by her doing that Burke would know she had wet the bed and not welcome her into his if she had wet undergarments.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    For lots of reasons old age being the most popular I had forgotten that JBR had twin beds in her room. Now my question is this: why would she go crawl into Burkes bed after she wet hers if she had the twin right there? I would guess that by her doing that Burke would know she had wet the bed and not welcome her into his if she had wet undergarments.
    Good question ZM. Why indeed would she? Funny how other thoughts come to us after a long spell of having gone over everything! (?). Trying to tie loose ends, probably!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  3. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    For lots of reasons old age being the most popular I had forgotten that JBR had twin beds in her room. Now my question is this: why would she go crawl into Burkes bed after she wet hers if she had the twin right there? I would guess that by her doing that Burke would know she had wet the bed and not welcome her into his if she had wet undergarments.
    Before both of her beds in her room were stripped and collected as evidence...JB had TONS of stuffed animals on her other bed...maybe that is why she went into Burkes room, after wetting her bed. There wasn't any room on the other bed (in her room). This is where the "Santa Bear" was kept, that was such a "mystery" to Patsy.

  4. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    Before both of her beds in her room were stripped and collected as evidence...JB had TONS of stuffed animals on her other bed...maybe that is why she went into Burkes room, after wetting her bed. There wasn't any room on the other bed (in her room). This is where the "Santa Bear" was kept, that was such a "mystery" to Patsy.
    Also, Burke had twin beds in his bedroom, as well.

    You know, now I'm wondering if JonBenet wouldn't have pulled off her own wet bottoms.

    Of course she would have, if she had awakened and realized she'd wet the bed. Patsy said JB put her own clothes on, so she'd take them off, as well.

    She wouldn't have just gone to another bed with the wet bottoms on, would she? She was six, she was used to being dressed in ways most of us adults have never been dressed, with hair, makeup, and costumes since she was four. Surely she knew to pull off wet pajama bottoms and panties.
    Last edited by koldkase; January 16, 2011, 11:47 pm at Sun Jan 16 23:47:00 UTC 2011.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  5. #17

    Default

    I was re-reading Patsy's '97 LE interview and yes, Burke also had twin beds in his room. They discuss JB sleeping in there sometimes. Then Patsy is asked directly about Christmas:

    ST: Do you recall on December 24th into the morning of December 25th, whether or not JonBenet slept in her bed or over in Burkes room?
    PR: I, I just don’t remember exactly, but it seems like she was in her bed, but I don’t remember exactly.
    ST: How about on the, uh, night of the 25th when you and John put her to bed, would it have been unlikely for her to have then moved to another location in the house to have slept, your bed or Burke’s room?
    PR: Yeah, it would have been unlikely.
    ST: Okay.
    PR: The reason I can’t remember whether they, where she slept on the 24th were, not cause it seemed like they were conspiring about what time they were going to get up in the morning and I can’t remember whether they, it seems like there, that she did, they did talk about her sleeping in his room, but I can’t remember whether that really happened or not, but I remember they were conspiring about what time to get up and . . .
    ST: On the night of the 25th after John put JonBenet into her bed, she’s zonked out sound asleep, did not awaken, um, you got her changed um, may have left the nightlight on, may have left the door cracked uh, you don’t know what John did for the 30 minutes or an hour that he remained up in the house prior to coming to bed. I that right?
    PR: Well, he was, I remember he was, was with Burke playing with something. I don’t know what they were playing with, but . . .
    ST: But he never mentioned to you that he re-awakened JonBenet for any reason.
    PR: No.
    ST: Take her to the bathroom so she didn’t wet or anything like that?
    PR: No.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  6. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Also, Burke had twin beds in his bedroom, as well.

    You know, now I'm wondering if JonBenet wouldn't have pulled off her own wet bottoms.

    Of course she would have, if she had awakened and realized she'd wet the bed. Patsy said JB put her own clothes on, so she'd take them off, as well.

    She wouldn't have just gone to another bed with the wet bottoms on, would she? She was six, she was used to being dressed in ways most of us adults have never been dressed, with hair, makeup, and costumes since she was four. Surely she knew to pull off wet pajama bottoms and panties.
    Yeah, most likely she wouldn't have wanted to keep wet PJ bottoms and panties on. My three year old takes her own wet stuff off....when she has an accident, certainly JB would have done the same...at 6.

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    In some photos, both beds are seen in BR's room, each with identical blue bedspreads. Much less messy than JB's room. In addition to all the stuffed animals on JB's bed, there were a lot of clothes on BOTH beds. Patsy was packing for her trips, and that was one reason, but their housekeeper said the house was always very messy. Even Patsy's mom Nedra used to complain to Patsy to keep it picked up so LHP could actually CLEAN it. The house did not have a hamper. There was a laundry chute that emptied in the basement near the laundry area, but LHP said the kids (and sometimes Patsy) just left their dirty clothes on the floor wherever they took them off.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  8. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    In some photos, both beds are seen in BR's room, each with identical blue bedspreads. Much less messy than JB's room. In addition to all the stuffed animals on JB's bed, there were a lot of clothes on BOTH beds. Patsy was packing for her trips, and that was one reason, but their housekeeper said the house was always very messy. Even Patsy's mom Nedra used to complain to Patsy to keep it picked up so LHP could actually CLEAN it. The house did not have a hamper. There was a laundry chute that emptied in the basement near the laundry area, but LHP said the kids (and sometimes Patsy) just left their dirty clothes on the floor wherever they took them off.
    I found this in the '97 LE interview with Patsy. She says JB would remove her wet clothes and leave them in the bathroom on the floor:

    PR: Yeah. But she had a lot of dry nights, but she would wet the bed probably once a week.
    TT: When she wet the bed, would she come up and tell you guys, or would she just crawl onto the other bed, crawl into Burke’s spare bed, what was the routine if she actually wet the bed?
    PR: Well, ah, sometimes she would get up and get into the other bed or sometimes she really wouldn’t wake up and until morning when she normally would wake up and maybe she’d change her nightgown or something and I’d find her things and pajamas in the bathroom floors and…

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  9. #21

    Default

    I'm not speaking about this particular quote by Patsy but it seems to me one of the "bugaboos" to solving this case is one has to decide whether or not to believe Patsy. Should we pick and choose what to believe? Maybe she told the truth about some things and not others. I don't know. There is a long list of Patsys lies simply based on the crime scene photographs we've seen.Thank goodness we have SOME of the crime scene photos to decipher things. Steve Thomas, in private, outside the interrogation room, said " she can'tt tell the truth...."(I don't remember the rest and I don't want to misquote him. I will look in my book tomorrow and quote him because I think it's important.) A lot of people are using everything Patsy says as evidence and I don't see how that can solve anything. IMO.

  10. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm not speaking about this particular quote by Patsy but it seems to me one of the "bugaboos" to solving this case is one has to decide whether or not to believe Patsy. Should we pick and choose what to believe? Maybe she told the truth about some things and not others. I don't know. There is a long list of Patsys lies simply based on the crime scene photographs we've seen.Thank goodness we have SOME of the crime scene photos to decipher things. Steve Thomas, in private, outside the interrogation room, said " she can'tt tell the truth...."(I don't remember the rest and I don't want to misquote him. I will look in my book tomorrow and quote him because I think it's important.) A lot of people are using everything Patsy says as evidence and I don't see how that can solve anything. IMO.
    I agree. With Patsy, it's always was she lying then, or is she lying now?

    But I remember having a six year old in the house and a bed-wetting accident included the child pulling the underwear off immediately upon waking. So I posted what Patsy said because it was something that seems reasonably truthful on this point...?

    BTW, I am going to get to the Bonita Papers, I promise. Just got caught up with the "pillowcase" issue and went off on that tangent because it finally got through my thick skull that Burke could not have carried JonBenet down two flights of stairs to the basement if she were unconscious.

    You're also right on this score: one reason we can't get a handle on the most mundane things, so spin our wheels for 14 years just trying to figure out when the bedclothes were last changed, when did JB last take a bath, where and when did JB eat the pineapple, where did the size 12-14 Bloomies package and the size 6 underwear JB was actually wearing earlier in the evening go, etc., is because Patsy lied as much as she told the truth. John was pretty good at lying himself, IMO. John had an easier time passing the polygraph, after all...eventually.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  11. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I agree. With Patsy, it's always was she lying then, or is she lying now?

    But I remember having a six year old in the house and a bed-wetting accident included the child pulling the underwear off immediately upon waking. So I posted what Patsy said because it was something that seems reasonably truthful on this point...?

    BTW, I am going to get to the Bonita Papers, I promise. Just got caught up with the "pillowcase" issue and went off on that tangent because it finally got through my thick skull that Burke could not have carried JonBenet down two flights of stairs to the basement if she were unconscious.

    You're also right on this score: one reason we can't get a handle on the most mundane things, so spin our wheels for 14 years just trying to figure out when the bedclothes were last changed, when did JB last take a bath, where and when did JB eat the pineapple, where did the size 12-14 Bloomies package and the size 6 underwear JB was actually wearing earlier in the evening go, etc., is because Patsy lied as much as she told the truth. John was pretty good at lying himself, IMO. John had an easier time passing the polygraph, after all...eventually.
    Hey no worries! I'm off looking into other things too. We can visit that topic as it comes up.

  12. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm not speaking about this particular quote by Patsy but it seems to me one of the "bugaboos" to solving this case is one has to decide whether or not to believe Patsy. Should we pick and choose what to believe? Maybe she told the truth about some things and not others. I don't know. There is a long list of Patsys lies simply based on the crime scene photographs we've seen.Thank goodness we have SOME of the crime scene photos to decipher things. Steve Thomas, in private, outside the interrogation room, said " she can'tt tell the truth...."(I don't remember the rest and I don't want to misquote him. I will look in my book tomorrow and quote him because I think it's important.) A lot of people are using everything Patsy says as evidence and I don't see how that can solve anything. IMO.
    Karen, I think you make a very good point about not putting any stock in Patsy's interviews. I made a similar post, just today, on the pillow thread.
    I agree. I just look at the crime scene photos and try to decipher myself what it tells me....be darned if I'm going to pay attention to her....."uhh...ahhh....well, you know......I can't remember......".



Similar Threads

  1. Interesting DNA article (from Orphan)
    By Elle_1 in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: October 28, 2006, 12:35 pm, Sat Oct 28 12:35:21 UTC 2006
  2. This could get interesting
    By Barbara in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: August 22, 2006, 7:29 pm, Tue Aug 22 19:29:49 UTC 2006
  3. An Interesting Look Back--'98 FW Letter
    By Deja Nu in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 21, 2003, 3:24 pm, Sun Dec 21 15:24:39 UTC 2003
  4. P.I. uncovers interesting clue.
    By Tricia in forum Laci Denise Rocha Peterson
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 6, 2003, 2:03 pm, Thu Mar 6 14:03:03 UTC 2003

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •