Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Your long list of coincidences is precisely why ST could look Patsy straight in the eye, on LKL, and say: "You know, Patsy, you could have been charged."
    Absolutely. And boy, did John Ramsey get red in the face and about bust a blood vessel over that. Never in 14+ years has John Ramsey ever gotten angry at the intruder on TV like that--the "man" who, they say, brutally attacked, bludgeoned, sexually assaulted, and strangled their baby to death. Not even close. Sued Thomas, too.

Ha! That's who the Ramseys really are, when the mask slips.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Absolutely. And boy, did John Ramsey get red in the face and about bust a blood vessel over that. Never in 14+ years has John Ramsey ever gotten angry at the intruder on TV like that--the "man" who, they say, brutally attacked, bludgeoned, sexually assaulted, and strangled their baby to death. Not even close. Sued Thomas, too.

Ha! That's who the Ramseys really are, when the mask slips.
    Absolutely right! The carefully constructed facade falls away quickly with the Ramseys are confronted with the truth. Unfortunately, they have controlled all interviews and their lawyers have controlled all questioning, so they have been able to hide behind that facade.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    We've always thought that the Ramsey's best defense was the difficulty of proving who struck the head blow, strangled the child, etc. But I'm wondering if it could have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt [duh] that Patsy helped in the cover up by writing the ransom note, using the prior molestation as proof the child was being abused before that night, as well, and therefore Patsy was negligent in not getting help for JonBenet that night: 16 years minimum like Molly?

Any thoughts?
    BBM

Do you ever recall this kk?

Darnay Hoffman:
    Myth #4: Identifying the ransom note writer still doesn't mean the district attorney can get a murder conviction.

This is not only wrong, it is the closest thing to a "Big Lie" being perpetrated by the district attorney's office. This "Whopper" goes something like this: Even if we know the ransom note writer, how can a jury convict them of a murder without more evidence of their physically participating in the actual killing of JonBenét? Simple. Colorado's felony murder statute makes anyone participating in such dangerous crimes as kidnapping equally responsible for any murder resulting from such activity. Much like the get-away-driver to a bank robbery where a guard is killed (who is later found guilty of murder despite not even being in the bank during the robbery and murder) the JonBenét ransom note writer can be charged with first-degree murder even if the police can't prove the writer actually killed JonBenét. Yet Alex Hunter persists in naively stating that even if the ransom note writer were identified and arrested and jailed, they would be immediately eligible for bail. This is also not true because felony murder is not a bailable offense in Colorado. The ransom note writer would have to sit in jail until they went to trial or made a deal to reveal JonBenét's murderer to the district attorney.

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/1...man/5myths.htm

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    BBM

Darnay Hoffman:
    Myth #4: Identifying the ransom note writer still doesn't mean the district attorney can get a murder conviction.

This is not only wrong, it is the closest thing to a "Big Lie" being perpetrated by the district attorney's office. This "Whopper" goes something like this: Even if we know the ransom note writer, how can a jury convict them of a murder without more evidence of their physically participating in the actual killing of JonBenét? Simple. Colorado's felony murder statute makes anyone participating in such dangerous crimes as kidnapping equally responsible for any murder resulting from such activity. Much like the get-away-driver to a bank robbery where a guard is killed (who is later found guilty of murder despite not even being in the bank during the robbery and murder) the JonBenét ransom note writer can be charged with first-degree murder even if the police can't prove the writer actually killed JonBenét. Yet Alex Hunter persists in naively stating that even if the ransom note writer were identified and arrested and jailed, they would be immediately eligible for bail. This is also not true because felony murder is not a bailable offense in Colorado. The ransom note writer would have to sit in jail until they went to trial or made a deal to reveal JonBenét's murderer to the district attorney.

This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

BBM

Darnay Hoffman:

Welcome to our little corner of the world cynic!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    Welcome to our little corner of the world cynic!
    Thank you, great to be here.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Thank you, great to be here.
    Hey! Glad to see you here!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Hey! Glad to see you here!
    Thanks DeeDee, you make me feel right at home.

Thanks DeeDee, you make me feel right at home.
    Happy to see you here too, cynic. Quite a few of the old familiar names have vanished for me. I wonder where they have all gone(?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Happy to see you here too, cynic. Quite a few of the old familiar names have vanished for me. I wonder where they have all gone(?).
    Thank you.
    Many have dropped off, that’s true. I was shocked, (but happy,) to see Jayelles post recently (March 5, 2011)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=324

Thank you.
    Many have dropped off, that’s true. I was shocked, (but happy,) to see Jayelles post recently (March 5, 2011)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=324
    Welcome to FFJ, Cynic!

Yes, many posters have gone on with their lives (as they should) since the Ramsey case will never be brought to a conclusion. There was no intruder, the ransom note writer is dead, and the Ramseys lawyer, Lin Wood, threatens to sue anyone who speaks or publishes the truth about what happened that night. John Ramsey will take that truth to his grave. The case will remain "open" into eternity, so the case files will never be released. That is not only to protect the Ramseys, but also to protect those who protected the Ramseys and saved them from prosecution. So many backroom deals, so little time. And that doesn't include the absolute idiocy and gall of Mary Lacy and her bogus "exoneration" of the Ramseys.

I do hope I live longer than John Ramsey and Lin Wood so that perhaps an excellent investigative reporter will be able to write and publish the definitive book on the Ramsey case and proclaim the truth of the Ramsey's involvement in JonBenet's death and the subsequent cover-up. I hope that same reporter excoriates the current media, their fawning worship of the Ramseys, and their lack of interest in discovering the truth instead of reading from a Ramsey/Lin Wood-approved cue card. Until then, the Ramsey case will remain perpetually in limbo because the perpetrators escaped justice, but no one in Boulder, Colorado is willing to admit they let that happen.

So all that's left is us old die-hards, the ones who have fought in the trenches together all these years. We can't let go of the comraderie, or the faint hope that, eventually, the truth of Ramsey involvement will be made known to the general public, even if the case is never prosecuted. We do what we can to keep case knowledge and discussion available to those who seek it, and Tricia has graciously continued to provide life for FFJ. Without it, a lot of of documentation and excellent posts would be lost.

So welcome to the show that never ends! It's been a circus from the beginning. None of us knew that when we signed on, but 14 1/2 years later, we all know we were taken for a ride.
    Last edited by Cherokee; May 10, 2011, 6:13 pm at Tue May 10 18:13:40 UTC 2011.

No one could have stated this any better, Cherokee! Well said!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.