Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Darnay Hoffman Committed Suicide

NY Post, Cindy Adams' column, 5-11-2011
    ...Lawyer Darnay Hoffman, Mayflower Madam Sydney Biddle Barrows' hus band until a quiet divorce some years back. I knew both. They just grew apart. His career wasn't hot. Money was tight. Health not good. Still friends, he'd stay at times in her west side apartment, where he just killed himself.
    *snip*.
    This is tragic news.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cind...gRwmUq9navAhRM
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Arrow

How sad for all concerned. He must have suffered greatly. RIP
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Wow, that's too bad.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...cide_at_6.html

Goetz lawyer Darnay Hoffman, who 'was there for the underdogs', commits suicide at 63

BY RICH SCHAPIRO
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 4:00 AM

Debra DiPeso for News

Noted defense lawyer Darnay Hoffman, whose high-profile clients included subway vigilante Bernhard Goetz and infamous child-killer Joel Steinberg, committed suicide last week. He was 63.

Hoffman stabbed himself in the heart May 2 inside the Manhattan home of his ex-wife, "Mayflower Madam" Sydney Biddle Barrows, authorities and friends said.

Hoffman died at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell about 4:25 p.m, the city medical examiner's office said.

In recent years, Hoffman was beset by financial and health woes, friends said.

"At the end, you couldn't help but notice he had deteriorated quite a bit," said Chaunce Hayden, an editor at Steppin' Out magazine whom Hoffman successfully defended in a libel case this year.

While Hoffman made headlines for defending Goetz and Steinberg, the self-styled "attorney of last resort" devoted most of his time to penniless clients outside of the spotlight, friends said.

"He was there for the underdogs who couldn't afford to defend themselves," Hayden said. "He was an angel."

His actress mother, Toni Darnay, appeared on Broadway and in several daytime TV series. His father, Bill Hoffman, was a playwright. Prior to taking up the law, Hoffman earned a master's degree in marketing and worked as a television producer.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

OMG, stabbing yourself in the heart?? Is there a gorier, painful and more bloody way to go? How do they know it is suicide? Doesn't sound like suicide. Did he leave a note?

RIP Darney. Another one gone.

Wow
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Karen, I thought it sounded suspicious, too. It is very difficult to stab yourself in the heart. In order to push through the sternum, and muscle in the way, great force must me used, and the pain would probably stop you, regardless of whether you wanted it too.
    But, apparently he had made at least one other attempt in the past. It just seems like this particular method would have needed "help".
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Most of us have posted our criticisms about Darnay but no matter what he truly did try and help the underdog.

From JonBenet to that scuzz bucket Joel Steinberg he did his best.

(Here is what I posted on WS)

Actually spoke to Cyril Wecht about the topic of weird suicides.

Here are some of the ways he listed people committed suicide, cases he actually worked on;

-Ballpoint pen through the eye

-Cutting off a breast (female) then stabbing through the chest

-knife in the skull

That's all I can remember but there were many more.

Darnay must have been in so much pain that he felt this was his only choice and the only way he could go.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

A person in great internal torment can have pain that is much greater than physical pain. I knew a woman who used to go into such deep bi-polar depressions, she would take cigarettes and burn her legs just to feel something and know she was still alive. She had burn scars all over her legs because she didn't just touch the cigarette to her skin, she held it there for a long time before she felt anything.

Darnay's death is definitely a suicide. It has been confirmed through private sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Most of us have posted our criticisms about Darnay but no matter what he truly did try and help the underdog.

From JonBenet to that scuzz bucket Joel Steinberg he did his best.

(Here is what I posted on WS)

Actually spoke to Cyril Wecht about the topic of weird suicides.

Here are some of the ways he listed people committed suicide, cases he actually worked on;

-Ballpoint pen through the eye

-Cutting off a breast (female) then stabbing through the chest

-knife in the skull

That's all I can remember but there were many more.

Darnay must have been in so much pain that he felt this was his only choice and the only way he could go.
    Oh good grief, Tricia, this is a first for me reading these! Sorry to hear about Darnay Hoffman. Poor man must have been tormented.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Not news that I enjoyed finding out, but to me, none of it was a surprise, especially the manner that he choose to be his Grand Exit from this Life.

RIP Darnay - You Will More than Be Remembered.

RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Unhappy

I'm shocked. Just shocked. I am so sorry he was in so much pain that he thought this was the only way to deal with it.

RIP Darnay.

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.