Now I know how it would have ended

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Karen

Karen Member

Now that the Casey Anthony case is over I can see how a Ramsey case would have ended.
    The jurors said they needed to know the time and cause of death. In the Ramsey case we don't have an official time and there is dispute over what actually caused her death. Throw in some foreign DNA and viola no conviction. There was just as much evidence in the Anthony case as in the Ramsey case, yet, no conviction.
    I think those jurors were twelve of the stupidest most lacking in common sense people I've ever heard of in my lifetime. BUT the things they claim to have considered they say were in accordance with the judges instructions and the Constitution. Are they right? I don't know. But if this is the typical jury of peers in this day and age I doubt anybody would have ever been convicted in the Ramsey case.
    When I heard the verdict I felt like I just lost 15 years of worthy sleuthing. Now I feel it was and will be all for naught. I'm not done with this case yet, but I fear I will never have any kind of closure. Not because Patsy is dead. Because I think our system of justice is sorely lacking in the justice part.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

I feel exactly the same way as you Karen. Some of these same thoughts went through my head after the trial. I couldn't help but think about the Ramsey case all through this crapola.

3. cynic

cynic Member

I certainly understand, and share, much of your disappointment and frustration.
    The jury wanted to be hit over the head with evidence, in other words, they were lazy. It was a circumstantial case involving dots that required connecting, but they refused to take the time to review the evidence and connect the dots. The short “deliberation” time of ten hours spoke volumes with regard to their attitude.
    With respect to the outcome of a hypothetical trial involving the Ramseys, I believe that if someone with the brilliance of Alan Jackson had tried the case in front of a non-sequestered, “Scott Peterson jury” in a non-televised trial and in front of a no-nonsense judge outside of Boulder, (perhaps Denver,) that there would have been a good chance of a conviction.
    There would be no chance, whatsoever, in front of a “Casey Anthony” jury regardless of the other circumstances that I listed above.

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Cynic, You've put into words what I couldn't express very well. So here is hopefully my last thought on the Casey Anthony mistake. When you mentioned that the jury wanted to be hit over the head with evidence or the hot and smoking gun they were just to lazy to connect the circumstantial dots. Even if they had returned after those 10 hours with a guilty verdict I wouldn't have thought they had put much effort into it. The dots were there and they missed the point of a "CIRCUMSTANTIAL" case in my opinion. They were very foolish and will now pay the price. when the years go by and they begin to understand what they did I hope they choke on their oatmeal. But to take it one step further I feel they missed the point of 'REASONABLE DOUBT'. Not all doubt but reasonable. so now it is over and done with not only this case but my thoughts on it. Why oh why did I waste so many hours watching this trial and now end up with frustration but no doubt whatsoever.

5. cynic

cynic Member

Don’t get me started on “reasonable doubt.â€
    Zoomama, you probably would enjoy Wendy Murphy’s book, And Justice for Some.
    Here is a bit from a chapter entitled, Picking Dumb Jurors.
    The sad fact is that in jurisdictions around the country where common sense is in limited supply, the jury system is in deep trouble – and no one is doing anything about it. No, that is not a comment on wealth, race, or any other easy sorting mechanism. One thing I know for sure, from my years of experience in the courtroom, is that people in all types of communities, wealthy or poor, educated or not, can lack basic logic skills.
    For example, I had a case in which a teacher-juror voted to acquit on one of several charges in a child-rape case because he thought the victim learned how to lie about being raped after the first couple of assaults.
    An educated juror, yes, but clearly an idiot.

And Justice for Some, Wendy Murphy, page 111

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Cynic, Yes, I have Wendy Murphy's book and have read it. See my signature line at the end of my writings? That was actually from a TV show she did during the Scott Peterson case but was repeated in her book. but thanks for bringing that up.

7. cynic

cynic Member

I saw the quote, but didn’t realize it was from the book. I was considering rereading her book, now you’ve given me some more motivation. :)
    BTW, were you a bit disappointed/surprised by some of her comments regarding the Anthony case?

WENDY MURPHY: Anthony verdict was right…
    *snip*
    The style of Caylee’s death was more mob hit than parental homicide.
    *snip*
    As Casey’s brother Lee testified at trial, Casey was told that Caylee was taken to “teach her a lesson.” If, as I wrote in an earlier column, Casey knew the people who had Caylee, and stayed quiet in the hope they would give her child back, her failure to report Caylee missing makes sense.

http://www.patriotledger.com/archiv...ct-was-right-but-we-re-not-done#ixzz1TFwT8gLw

To which I say, what?????

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Cynic, All I can say at this point about WM is that in recent months she has fallen out of contention for being my hero! I've heard her on some programs and I was amazed that she had such a differing tone from earlier. I say this with tongue in cheek but I fear she has gone over to the dark side. LOL Can't say much more than that.

Oh just read the blog from The Patriot Ledger. So many photos and documents still under seal? Good grief I guess we will never know the truth about anything to do with this case.

9. cynic

cynic Member

She does appear to be teetering on the edge.
    It’s a bit unnerving when people that that have made so much sense in the past say things that make it seem as if someone has taken over their body.
    Fred Goldman did it as well. :steamed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_34OpbHMs

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm definitely with you guys on this one. A lot of us for a lot of years have taken solace in the idea that Boulder is just an aberration. But now it's obvious that it's merely the tip of the iceberg, an iceberg that began forming generations ago with Supreme Court rulings like Miranda.

Simply put, the jurors have gotten stupider, the cops have become more restricted, and the defense lawyers given too much power.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Absolutely, too true.

I read a comment the other day that summed it up so well ... they call it the "criminal justice" system because it favors criminals. They own it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice