Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Calling Why_Nut

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I was going to mention this in my earlier post, but I wasn't certain so I checked the passage in TOSOS today at the book store.
    As of December 2010, JAR was still living somewhere in Colorado...

“Christmas carols float through the rooms of Melinda’s home with her husband and three boys. The children sit on the floor with their dad and Burke playing Monopoly in their cozy living room. I sit on the sofa with Melinda, enjoying the warmth and ease of my family. We’ve been skiing and sledding, and we’re all pink-cheeked and exhilarated.
    Outside the wind blows tufts of snow, forming waves, ridges, and gullies across the property like the underside of a mammoth white sea. Snowplows have cleared the roads and streets, creating high snowbanks, so that as far as the eye can see, the world is buried in white. “The children love days like this,” Melinda is saying, “fresh snow to slide and play in.” She is dedicated to her children, just as Patsy was to ours.
    I hum with the music. “Hark the herald angels sing…”
    One of the boys gives a shout. He just bought Boardwalk. The others groan.
    We’re having Christmas dinner – marinated grilled elk steaks. Melinda passes me an appetizer: antelope sausage and crackers. I joke that this is like the Wild West in the old days when everybody hunted and trapped for their food. We’ve talked to John Andrew and his family in Colorado by televideo conferencing. I was able to see and wish his children a Merry Christmas (me, a proud grandpa of five children!).
    I’m a blessed man. Each of my children is doing well, and my grandchildren are healthy, delightful and happy. My brother Jeff, called to wish me a “Merry Christmas” and to say that his family is healthy and happy.
    It’s been a long journey to this December twenty-fifth, 2010, here in my children’s home, where I feel at peace sitting by the Christmas tree and am able to sing along with Christmas carols and laugh and eat elk steak and lemon cake, and share presents with my loved ones. It’s the first Christmas since 1996 when I feel like things are happy again.

The Other Side of Suffering, John Ramsey, pages 240-241

Sounds like he's happier now that Patsy is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewitch1 View Post
    Sounds like he's happier now that Patsy is gone.
    I agree. It appears that way from John's book promo interviews as well.

Like I said in another post ... the photos of John dancing at a Christmas party, only six months after Patsy's death, show a man who is carefree and feels no longer attached to a ball and chain. I think John is also relieved he doesn't have to watch Patsy's every word and action to make sure she doesn't slip up somewhere. He KNOWS he can keep a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    I agree. It appears that way from John's book promo interviews as well.

Like I said in another post ... the photos of John dancing at a Christmas party, only six months after Patsy's death, show a man who is carefree and feels no longer attached to a ball and chain. I think John is also relieved he doesn't have to watch Patsy's every word and action to make sure she doesn't slip up somewhere. He KNOWS he can keep a secret.

I could not agree more.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

JR knows he has dodged a bullet. Patsy is dead, his sons will NEVER talk, and the only other person in the house that night is buried near her mother.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.