Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

And yes, Cherokee I would like to say thanks for your thoughts also on Patsy. That is as clear as can be and brought a visual to mind of her sitting at the little desk in the kitchen writing that ransom note...the mother of all ransom notes. It is so clear that it is spooky for me to think of it as you have worded it.

Thanks.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    And yes, Cherokee I would like to say thanks for your thoughts also on Patsy. That is as clear as can be and brought a visual to mind of her sitting at the little desk in the kitchen writing that ransom note...the mother of all ransom notes. It is so clear that it is spooky for me to think of it as you have worded it.

Thanks.
    You're welcome, Zoo. I can not only see Patsy writing the ransom note, I can feel her sense of hurried and shaky desperation to make everything right. Patsy had to explain her child's dead body in the basement without giving up family secrets, as well as maintain the image of perfection she'd always wanted. It was a tall order to fill, but Patsy had made a life of exceeding expectations.

After that night, Patsy said she was comforted JonBenet would never know cancer or the loss of a loved one. (Patsy didn't mention another blessing; that JonBenet wouldn't continue to be sexually abused.) In Patsy's mind, JonBenet became an angel; eternally pure and perfect. Whether JonBenet's death began as some kind of accident or not, the end result was the same, and so was the rationalization. For Patsy, the reason for JonBenet's death must be that she had fulfilled her time on earth and would be spared the vissitudes of life. All of Patsy's guilt and grief and remorse was swept away in a tide of self-cleansing religious delusion. JonBenet had attained a great "Victory"! S.aved B.y T.he C.ross! Our Heavenly Father is "watching over" her, and she is "safe and unharmed"!

The only way Patsy could live with the fact of JonBenet's death was to turn it into "God's plan," and all of Patsy's actions before and after were forgiven. According to Patsy's thinking, it erased any culpability on her part and therefore, brought peace of mind. She could leave the Boulder house and never look back. She could go on with her life and live the intruder lie, naming former friends and associates, knowing it was all for a higher cause and greater purpose. Hallelujah! Victory indeed!

I'm thinking I might see all of you on a special TV show! You are all right on target with what you're saying here about this case! I agree with all I'm reading here.

It's time we had for JonBenét Ramsey!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    You're welcome, Zoo. I can not only see Patsy writing the ransom note, I can feel her sense of hurried and shaky desperation to make everything right. Patsy had to explain her child's dead body in the basement without giving up family secrets, as well as maintain the image of perfection she'd always wanted. It was a tall order to fill, but Patsy had made a life of exceeding expectations.

After that night, Patsy said she was comforted JonBenet would never know cancer or the loss of a loved one. (Patsy didn't mention another blessing; that JonBenet wouldn't continue to be sexually abused.) In Patsy's mind, JonBenet became an angel; eternally pure and perfect. Whether JonBenet's death began as some kind of accident or not, the end result was the same, and so was the rationalization. For Patsy, the reason for JonBenet's death must be that she had fulfilled her time on earth and would be spared the vissitudes of life. All of Patsy's guilt and grief and remorse was swept away in a tide of self-cleansing religious delusion. JonBenet had attained a great "Victory"! S.aved B.y T.he C.ross! Our Heavenly Father is "watching over" her, and she is "safe and unharmed"!

The only way Patsy could live with the fact of JonBenet's death was to turn it into "God's plan," and all of Patsy's actions before and after were forgiven. According to Patsy's thinking, it erased any culpability on her part and therefore, brought peace of mind. She could leave the Boulder house and never look back. She could go on with her life and live the intruder lie, naming former friends and associates, knowing it was all for a higher cause and greater purpose. Hallelujah! Victory indeed!
    I agree with Zoomama and Elle: you have cracked the psyche of Patsy as clearly as can ever be.

She fooled so many people with her religious hoohah, didn't she?

To me, she was as wicked as it's possible to be. She lied, she covered up the truth and willfully, deliberately hurt countless people to save herself and her family from accepting responsibility for WHAT THEY DID TO HER OWN DAUGHTER.

It makes me sick just to think about it.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    For many years, I've known that Patsy wrote the ransom note. It is what has kept me involved with the case all this time. People and theories and alleged evidence has come and gone, but that one fact remained the same. As a parent, what I could not reconcile was how Patsy could have possibly brought herself to write that note with her child's dead body in the basement. Finally, the answer came to me after seeing Patsy's last public interview (conducted in April 2004). Patsy stated unequivocably that at six years old, JonBenet had fulfilled her purpose on earth. Patsy went on to emphasize there had been so many people who had been touched by JonBenet spiritually, and expounded on her belief that JonBenet had brought them to salvation. How this actually took place, Patsy never explained. It was obvious from Patsy's words that she was totally convinced of her rationalization for JonBenet's death. In Patsy's mind, it was worth it! That glimpse into Patsy's psyche helped me see the Patsy who practiced, and then wrote, the mother of all ransom notes. Patsy could justify ANYTHING, even the death of her little girl, whether it was hours or years previously. Perfect Patsy in her perfect life could put shinola on any situation. It was her way of survival.
    BBM
    Patsy said:
    "and JonBenet had a mission in her life, and all the cards, and letters and e-mails we've received of people coming to Christ because of JonBenet, you know, even after her life on this earth was over, she's still ministering to people, and people are still coming to Christ because of her, and God willing, by anything that we can impart, and uh, so that's her legacy."
    I agree with you that this is an important glimpse into Patsy’s psyche.
    As you say Patsy never elaborated on how exactly JonBenet’s life was a mechanism for bringing people to Christ. Now that would have been very interesting to hear.
    IMO, it is entirely inexplicable insofar as any means of leading someone to Christianity.
    Typically it involves some sort of conversion experience on the part of the individual whose life is put forth as an example, and that is completely absent here.
    If Patsy really believed this, then either she had some sort of significant mental health issue (which was probably the case) or she had an extremely serious, and dangerous, misunderstanding of salvation within the Christian context.