Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Quote Originally Posted by fr brown View Post
    I'm including a photo of Psalm 57 in the 1985 NIV Study Bible, the Bible (and edition, I think) that was open on the desk in the study adjoining the bedroom. Visible is Patsy's magical verse and nearby is the cross-reference to Ps 35:17. It's a cross-reference to a similar line in Psalm 35 describing enemies as lions. Visible also is the verse about the pit digging, net spreading and pratfalling of enemies into the pits they've just dug. While there's no cross-reference in 57 to that same imagery in Psalm 35, it does exist there.

(Psalm 35 doesn't include any cross-references to Psalm 57.)

Attachment 5305
    Some of the cross-references for Psalm 57 are up at the top of the page instead of near Psalm 57 where you'd expect them to be. I think that's why I overlooked them before. The line 57:1 (with superscripted n) just above Patsy's so-important line about taking refuge in the shadow of God's wings is cross-referenced to
    Ps 34:22, which is the last line of Psalm 34--and that's the line before the first line of Psalm 35, which is the line starting with Contend. That, of course, is the word containing the C in SBTC.
    Last edited by fr brown; January 19, 2019, 9:33 am at Sat Jan 19 9:33:56 UTC 2019.

Here's a photo of Psalm 57 in the 1984/85 NIV Study Bible which includes the cross-reference to the last line in Psalm 34, 34:22, in the top middle of the page.

Name:  Psalm-57-half-page.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  61.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    Just for some visual clarification:
    The Bible referenced in the 98 exchange between Patsy and LE (Haney) was photographed and enhanced by Whynut and Cherokee....

Attachment 5319
    Looking at this photograph, with the bookmark carefully placed, it seems to me that the open Bible was intended to be seen as significant. In '98 Patsy is asked at length about the Bible: whose is it, who reads it, where was it kept, was it ever left open? But Patsy never asks why they're asking all these questions about the Bible. Have they found something in it?

She does know there's something important in it though:

"PATSY RAMSEY: I have always thought that perhaps while we were gone, that the person or persons came into the house and were there when we got back.

TOM HANEY: What makes you think that?

PATSY RAMSEY: Because we were gone several hours, and they could have had their way with the house. Have known where flashlights were, where pads of paper were, where bibles were, where Christmas cards were, where -- you know. If we are gone three or four hours. No one knows for sure."

Elsewhere in the interview she says that it's John's Bible, he kept it closed and only he reads it.