Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 75
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Sadly, I am friendless on YouTube. I edited and uploaded those clips.
    All kidding aside, this was a lot of work cynic, and we do appreciate your efforts. It was also nice to hear your voice when you were talking to Tricia recently. Not an easy task!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I've arrived late on this one and have to catch up by listening to these recordings. Thanks for putting them up, Cynic. KK, this is a very interesting exchange that you have brought to our attention. Thanks for catching it.

    Just a few preliminary remarks. If this caller is being truthful, and it rings true just from what we already know about this case, then, here's my interpretation. I say it rings true because Patsy was calling everyone that morning. It's not far fetched to think she called the mayor especially if they were friends. My interp.

    Patsy called Durbin but did not say, "we're guilty". She simply called Durbin to tell her about the "kidnapping" and tried to gain sympathy from her so the police would go easy. This would explain why the police were steaming. Kidnapping case and mayor asks police to go easy on these folks especially after French already thought something was screwy from the git go as soon as he arrived. In other words, police think somethings darned fishy and then, later that morning they get a phone call from the mayor asking them to tread lightly.

    If true, this is just another thing that casts suspicion on Patsy's actions. Heck, it's hard telling how many phone calls were made that morning.
    I agree with all you're saying here, Learning!

    The Ramseys had a "contamination" gathering of friends that fateful morning. It was well planned!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  3. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Hey KK, it is a shame that PB didn’t run with the ball because the lack of details makes it extremely difficult to judge the plausibility of Rick’s story.
    As it stands, it would take someone like Steve Thomas to rubber stamp the account.
    I agree that this would fill in many blanks, and Rick does appear to be at least superficially believable, but then again there have been many kooks spouting a whole lot of nonsense over the years. Actually, that’s probably the reason why Peter Boyles was a bit dismissive with Rick because he has listened to a lot of tall tales from a lot of weirdos calling in, after a while being dismissive probably becomes a reflexive action.
    I do find it difficult to reconcile Rick’s account with the general tone of Steve Thomas’ book. Fear, incompetence, politics and philosophical views are all presented as working together to derail the case and all primarily with respect to the DA’s office with very little directed at the upper echelon of the BPD contrary to what Rick was implying with the call to Koby. (Steve does attack the “hippie” philosophy of Koby which he blames for crippling the BPD.)
    However, some of the elements of the case seem so incredibly inexplicable that an explanation such as the one offered by Rick provides a plausible explanation. How else do you explain the debacle regarding financial transactions and telephone records in this case? Even fear coupled with incompetence doesn’t begin to explain it; it is quite simply, obstruction of justice.

    I decided to read through Thomas’ book and resignation letter noting areas where he administers blame. He does not use the word corruption even once in the entire book which I would be tempted to use if I was aware of an early morning phone call that derailed the case. It would seem that if Thomas was aware of the Durgin – Koby connection he kept his cards close to his chest, perhaps there was too much at stake, who knows?

    From, “Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation,” Steve Thomas:
    [snip]

    Excerpts from ST’s resignation letter:
    The primary reason I chose to leave is my belief that the district attorney's office continues to mishandle the Ramsey case. I had been troubled for many months with many aspects of the investigation. Albeit an uphill battle of a case to begin with, it became a nearly impossible investigation because of the political alliances, philosophical differences, and professional egos that blocked progress in more ways, and on more occasions, than I can detail in this memorandum. [snip]

    Regretfully, I tender this letter, and my police career, a calling which I loved. I do this because I cannot continue to sanction by my silence what has occurred in this case. It was never a fair playing field, the "game" was simply unacceptable anymore. And that's what makes this all so painful. The detectives never had a chance. If ever there were a case, and if ever there were a victim, who truly meant something to the detectives pursuing the truth, this is it. If not this case, what case? Until such time an independent prosecutor is appointed to oversee this case, I will not be a part of this. What went on was simply wrong.

    Pages 374 - 384
    This is heart-wrenching to read again. What we see is Thomas coming to grips with a fact in his career as a police officer: Boulder law enforcement was simply a corrupt organization working under the color of the government. Thomas may not have used the word "corrupt" but there is no other way to describe it. Either the police and the DA work under the law, without prejudice, and follow the law to seek blind justice, or they don't.

    In Boulder, they don't. We saw this pattern in Hunter's long DA career there, in Lacy's continuation of that special privilege for the rich and disregard for the law and justice for victim.

    Thanks for taking the time to post this text, cynic. You are amazing, as ever.

    Of course there are so many questions about what this caller said to Boyles and I doubt we'll ever get any answers. That's how it's gone for 15 years now, so it won't be a shock, sadly.

    Just another injection of myth or truth in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case: it does ring true, but without a will in Boulder LE to seek the truth and at least try for justice, and without good people who know the truth coming forward to name names--THAT'S YOU, RICK THE CALLER, BLESS YOU--it will ever remain myth or truth undetermined.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  4. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    BBM
    Absolutely, consider the case that was his “claim to fame,” the Heather Dawn Church case. It wasn’t Lou that found the crucial piece of the puzzle; it was actually a crime lab tech by the name of Tom Carney.

    El Paso County got a new sheriff, John Anderson, a former Colorado Springs police sergeant. Anderson soon hired an old partner, Lou Smit, as head of investigations. Smit, who has a knack for solving old homicide cases, made Heather a top priority again.
    Shortly after starting work last January, Smit reviewed Heather's file, a process he calls "messing with a case." He asked his investigators to come up with something new, something that hadn't been tried.
    Tom Carney, a crime laboratory technician, immediately thought of the prints. "We knew those fingerprints had to be from the suspect," he said.
    A better approach, he figured, would be an exhaustive mailing of quality photos of the prints to every police agency with an Automated Fingerprint Identification System. Like the FBI's system, AFIS compares fingerprint images electronically. AFIS computers aren't interconnected, but each one may contain prints that aren't in the hands of the FBI.
    So Carney made 100 sets of photos of the three fingerprints and began sending them to 92 agencies with AFIS. Carney remembered thinking, "If this doesn't work, that's it.
    On March 24, someone from the Louisiana prison system called to report a match between the prints from the Church home and prints in its data base. The prints belonged to Robert Charles Browne. He had spent time in Louisiana prisons for various crimes, including auto theft, in the early and mid-1980s. He moved to Colorado in 1987 and, after living at several addresses, settled into a home just down the road from the Church residence.
    August 6, 1995: Colorado Springs Gazette

    Now watch how the above reality morphs into Lou "The Legend" Smit:

    Smit first displayed talent for getting to the bottom of cold cases in the 1980s with Colorado Springs police, then later with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. In 1991, four years after the murder of 13-year-old Heather Dawn Church, Smit dredged up old fingerprint evidence from a windowpane at the Church home, sending it to dozens of agencies in hopes of finding a match. The effort paid off. The print belonged to a man who lived about a quarter-mile from the girl. The man was subsequently arrested and convicted.
    http://www.csindy.com/colorado/getti...nt?oid=1127733
    Thank you, Cynic, for posting more of the real story behind the Lou Smit "legend."

    Reading your post, I realized I had mistakenly said "DNA" instead of "fingerprints" in regards to the Heather Dawn Church case. Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for posting hurridly, late at night, off the top (or bottom, as it were) of my head!

  5. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Zoomama, you and I are dear friends, but we will have to part ways about Lou Smit being a "good detective" with an "impressive 'solved' record." Lou Smit was not that good (according to LE who worked with him), and he tended to put on blinders, only going with information and clues that already matched his preconceived notions. Yes, Lou did submit DNA that solved a high-profile case, but his true record as a detective is somewhat abysmal when you actually look at the facts. I had a conversation with an investigative reporter from CO who told me Lou was something of a joke among real detectives, and that his "grey fox" moniker was also considered a joke.

    I believe Lou Smit probably had good intentions at one time, but his siding with the Ramseys no matter what evidence was presented (including his self-named "bugaboo" - the pinapple), his blackmailing of the Boulder DA to obtain the power-point presentation, his getting into video bed with Michael Tracey to frame innocent victims to promote Ramsey innocence, and a hundred other things Smit did, erased all of that. For a detective to declare, after praying with a suspect, that they are innocent, evidence be damned, does NOT show that detective to have any sort of critical thinking skills or the necessary objectiveness that a good detective should have.

    Lou Smit was a legend in his own mind. I think he saw himself as a knight errant who would right the wrong done to the fair damsel, Patsy Ramsey, and her family. He would not, could not, admit he was wrong. Because of his own bias, he helped to effectively sink the Ramsey case and keep it from ever being successfully prosecuted. Smit was also the conduit between Susan Bennett (Jameson) and private case information. He gave away files to Michael Tracey, Susan Bennett and anyone else who said they were there to help the Ramseys. Patsy Ramsey was Lou Smit's achilles heel, and he NEVER was able to rid himself of the delusion of her innocence; primarily, because he didn't want to.

    I do think there were people in power who helped keep the Ramseys from being investigated, indicted and prosecuted, but I don't believe they had that much control over Lou Smit. He was on his own mission. He attached himself to the case and wouldn't let go. Lou's purpose was not to find JonBent's killer, but to prove Ramsey innocence. He failed to do that because it couldn't be done, but he did succeed in helping muck up the case so horribly, it could never be prosecuted.

    Lou Smit was written up in a couple of interviews, sounding like God's gift to LE. The reality behind those fawning reports is very different from what was printed. We've all been led to believe Lou had a great reputation as a wonderful detective, when the truth is, he was an average detective, if that good. As I said, some in LE thought he was probably a decent person but felt his detective work was sub-par, and at times, laughable.
    BRILLIANT post.

  6. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I’ve never seen it but that is something I would be willing to pay money to see.
    It would be interesting to see what gems are actually out there in the general public.
    Other than perhaps Why_Nut, I doubt anyone here would have it.
    I do have more information regarding that video, though, I found this interview with Don Wrege from Vinnie Politan and Lisa Bloom’s Court TV Radio show, August 31, 2006
    At about 2:23 in part two of the clip below Wrege says “The Ramseys were forced to sit in front of a video deposition and talk about Patsy’s handwriting versus the ransom note and when you get high profile, as you probably know, people come out of the woodwork and hand you things. There was a Boulder investigative journalist by the name of Peter Fotopoulis that puts a video in my hand that blew my mind and this is smuggled footage out of the Justice Center”

    Don Wrege
    Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K947FmFMhCs

    Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2sf0MkdWk

    Thank you! These two 10 min. segments are BRILLIANT! Guttah gang, you HAVE to listen this this. It's not only fun, with a couple of the parody songs played in short excerpts, but Don rips Lisa Bloom's Team Ramsey talking points to shreds! YEAH, DON!

    To your point, cynic, where Don mentions he was "handed" a video spirited out of the [Boulder?] Justice Center where the aforementioned matches to Patsy's writing were revealed, I'd like to say:

    WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THIS TAPE?

    I'm sorry. I know Cina worked hard on her handwriting analysis in this case and only got ripped by Team Ramsey--including the Judge "DISINFORMATION" Carnes--and got her work ripped off, as well; having said that, dear god, why are people STILL HOARDING INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE IN THIS CASE?

    For example: THE ENHANCED TAPE OF THE 911 CALL GERALDO PLAYED ON HIS NIGHTTIME SHOW? I've been attacked relentlessly for having seen it and speaking about that. Why? Because obviously it was illegally obtained--which works fine if you're Team Ramsey, but when it's incriminating to the Ramseys, Boulder LE and Team Ramsey will come for you like banshees out of hell. So Geraldo's producers not only pulled the segment of the show where it was played and discussed, but erased it from any transcript of the show. Scores of people have said they saw it or knew people who did, but to this day, bring it up and wait to be attacked.

    I know there was a lawyer from Boulder, one of the talking heads regularly on the shows back then, who was on and discussed it. But this was during other famous cases and a couple of years after the murder, so it was anti-climactic because what we heard was garbled, as far as the actual words; we could hear two voices, one obviously a man's, the other a child-like voice, pleading in tone. So a few minutes of discussion, with "iffy" subtitles as the tape was played several times, and on to the next topic. How common is it for 911 calls to be released? At that point, it wasn't even clear that this was an ENHANCED copy of the segment of the 911 tape with unidentified voices.

    It took me YEARS to figure that out myself, because Thomas's book hadn't come out yet when I heard this, and I wasn't online, so I never saw or had any discussion about it until some time later when I went online. On the forum Justice Watch I saw a discussion where people didn't seem to know that yes, there were actually unidentified voices on the call; I [timidly--yes, when I first came online, it was scary to post at a forum like JW where people seemed to know so much more about the case than the general public and some would slice you up good if you weren't part of the mean girls club] piped in that I'd heard the tape played. Since I was new and it was so clickish, I was summarily ignored. I wasn't aware it was a surprise anyway, so no big deal, on to other discussions.

    Woe is me, I had no idea what a hot topic that would become over the years. But I heard what I heard, others did, as well, and one even said she'd gotten ready to tape it on the "repeat" a couple of hours later, but when the show came on there was a message stating there were legal problems with the broadcast and it would be edited blahblahblah. No more enhanced 911 tape segment.

    I recount this for the 100th time for this reason: in the context of this "privately circulating tape" we're just hearing about now, like many other "privately circulating copies of evidence" in this case, I'd like to say KISS MY GRITS TO ALL OF YOU WHO PROTECT THIS CHILD MURDERER, FOR WHATEVER REASON.

    Look, MARY LACY EDITED AND RELEASED THE 911 CALL TO THE PUBLIC. WHY DOES THE MEDIA LET HER GET AWAY WITH THIS?!

    LOU SMIT, AS A PRIVATE CITIZEN, WAS GIVEN A CONTRACT TO CONTROL, EDIT, AND USE THE POWERPOINT HE WAS PAID BY THE CITIZENS OF BOULDER TO CREATE AS WORK PRODUCT FOR THE DA, THEN STOLE AS A PRIVATE CITIZEN TO WIELD AS PROPAGANDA FOR THE RAMSEYS! WHICH HE DID, WITH IMPUNITY, FOR OVER A DECADE! HOW DO THESE CROOKS GET AWAY WITH THIS?!

    IS THERE NO ONE WHO HAS THE POWER, MONEY, AND MORAL INTEGRITY TO CHALLENGE THIS 15 YEAR COVER-UP IN BOULDER?

    BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW, HAVE SEEN EVIDENCE SEALED TO THE PUBLIC BUT BARTERED IN PRIVATE CIRCLES, YET STILL THINK THEY OWE THEIR SILENCE TO SOMEONE WHO IS ALIGNED WITH THE BOULDER CROOKS WHO OBSTRUCTED THIS MURDER INVESTIGATION, SPIT ON THE U.S. CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY, ABUSED THEIR POWER, AND MANIPULATED EVIDENCE AND THE MEDIA, ALL ARE PROTECTING A CHILD KILLER!


    Ah, crap, now I'm pizzed. Going to time out.
    Last edited by koldkase; February 9, 2012, 3:07 pm at Thu Feb 9 15:07:33 UTC 2012. Reason: Because I done got myself started....

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  7. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Exclamation

    My Dear Cherokee, I bow to your superior research skills as I do to Cynics. And I stand corrected.

    That'll teach me to do my own research! heh!
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  8. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Here's some more...
    People are using patience
    By Chuck Green
    Denver Post Columnist

    June 25 - Six months ago tonight, someone saw JonBeneÚt Ramsey alive for the last time - someone who crushed her skull with a harsh, violent blow, and someone who pulled a cord tight around her neck, choking the life out of the 6-year-old beauty queen on an innocent child's Christmas night.

    And while the world waits and watches for an arrest, whoever murdered JonBenet is still walking free.

    From the start, the investigation into the little girl's murder seemed to be in disarray, and six months later it continues to be troubled by internal bickering and political squabbling.

    Even one of the police department's strongest defenders, and one of the Ramsey family's most sympathetic supporters, Boulder Mayor Leslie Durgin, now has openly voiced frustration.
    "I have questions about whether there is going to be sufficient evidence to successfully prosecute," she recently told The Denver Post. "The community has gone through this evolution, from extreme sympathy for the family, to some distancing, to frustration about the attention from the media. Now I know people who have started to be both suspicious and angry about how the family has handled this."

    Criminal experts in Colorado and from around the nation, with precious few exceptions, say it is unlikely that a conviction of JonBenet's killer will ever be attained - unless someone confesses to the crime.
    http://extras.denverpost.com/news/green66.htm
    Ha. Six months in, just HOW did they know this? SIX MONTHS IN? "Criminal experts in Colorado and from around the nation, with precious few exceptions, say it is unlikely that a conviction of JonBenet's killer will ever be attained - unless someone confesses to the crime."

    Looking at how much of this case has been waltzed around by Team Ramsey, selectively revealed and sealed by Team Ramsey, censored by Team Ramsey, buried by Team Ramsey, manipulated by Team Ramsey, twisted, manufactured, and FUBAR by Team Ramsey, there's no doubt in my mind that these "experts" are the same people who got copies of sealed tapes, evidence, interviews, whatever Team Ramsey was handing out with blood contracts of secrecy, in collusion to publish only approved propaganda favorable to the Ramseys.

    Once Hunter, Lacy, and Wood had the BPD gagged, it was a clear path to arresting some freak Tracey groomed to take the fall and writing an exoneration letter from Queen Lacy to the Ramseys.

    ROTTEN CROOKS, ALL OF THEM! YOU DID MORE TO DESTROY OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM THAN 10 OJ'S! AT LEAST WE COULD UNDERSTAND THE JURORS' PAYBACK FOR CENTURIES OF GOV'T. SANCTIONED CRIMES AGAINST PEOPLE OF COLOR. BUT YOU'RE GOING TO USE YOUR OFFICE TO COVER UP A CHILD MOLESTATION AND MURDER? AND GO AFTER POOR, VULNERABLE PEOPLE AND ANYONE WHO CALLS YOU OUT ON IT?!! YOU LOWLIFE, EVIL....


    Crap. Back in time out.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  9. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    My Dear Cherokee, I bow to your superior research skills as I do to Cynics. And I stand corrected.

    That'll teach me to do my own research! heh!
    I love you and Cherokee to bits, but I'm going to strongly disagree with both of you.

    Lou Smit was a stupid, egotistical, ignorant jerk who used this case to get another power-fix, one last hoorah he rode to his grave. He not only wasn't a good detective, he was no detective at all.

    I've never seen another police detective break his contract and steal copies of evidence from the DA/People for whom he worked for the sole purpose of aiding suspects in getting away with a horrific crime--all while smiling like the grim reaper for the camera as he did so.

    Smit is just one more corrupted human being who sold his soul to the Ramsey Devil and never looked back. It had nothing to do with being a good detective--which clearly he wasn't. It had to do with being an old man with connections who used them to promote his own agenda, which obviously had to do with being famous, like so many sycophants in this case.

    Oops. Like I said before, Cherokee, if you want me to shut up: Because I'm too old and cranky to pull punches when so much injustice is bleeding all over our broken justice system.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  10. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitewitch1 View Post
    BRILLIANT post.
    Thank you, Whitewitch1. It's good to see you posting here again.

  11. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    My Dear Cherokee, I bow to your superior research skills as I do to Cynics. And I stand corrected.

    That'll teach me to do my own research! heh!
    Forget the bowing, Zoomama, how about a hug? That's more my style!

  12. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I've arrived late on this one and have to catch up by listening to these recordings. Thanks for putting them up, Cynic. KK, this is a very interesting exchange that you have brought to our attention. Thanks for catching it.

    Just a few preliminary remarks. If this caller is being truthful, and it rings true just from what we already know about this case, then, here's my interpretation. I say it rings true because Patsy was calling everyone that morning. It's not far fetched to think she called the mayor especially if they were friends. My interp.

    Patsy called Durbin but did not say, "we're guilty". She simply called Durbin to tell her about the "kidnapping" and tried to gain sympathy from her so the police would go easy. This would explain why the police were steaming. Kidnapping case and mayor asks police to go easy on these folks especially after French already thought something was screwy from the git go as soon as he arrived. In other words, police think somethings darned fishy and then, later that morning they get a phone call from the mayor asking them to tread lightly.

    If true, this is just another thing that casts suspicion on Patsy's actions. Heck, it's hard telling how many phone calls were made that morning.
    Good point, as usual, Learnin. You've made me think about this in a different light.

    The caller Rick specifically said "first thing" Patsy called the mayor. Since Rick was essentially sharing gossip--he'd heard this from officers he knew, he implies--we don't know if his source(s) told him a specific time when this call was made or just "first thing," more or less.

    But I do believe we can agree we've never heard or read from the various credible sources we have--books, interviews, etc.--that Patsy called anyone after the BPD arrived.

    I remember John called his pilot that morning--I believe he stated he called Archuleta to cancel the morning flight and to request Archuleta call the "big kids" who would be waiting in Minneapolis for them, but I'm not clear on exactly when this call was made. It seems it was after LE got to the residence, though. Then JR also called his pilot again after he "found" the body; this is a rather infamous call because he was ready to fly the family out of town and the BPD stopped him.

    But I don't recall any report Patsy called anyone after her initial 911 call and those to her many friends she invited over to hold vigil while the terrorists beheaded her child--they were monitoring the house closely, remember?

    So when could Patsy have called the mayor but before LE got there?

    Okay, let's start there, since it's all speculation anyway.

    So did Patsy call the mayor and ask for HELP calling off the BPD BEFORE police got there?

    I ask because think about that: she thinks her child is kidnapped, not in the home, and she calls the mayor to hamper LE in getting her child back alive from terrorists?

    See where this goes?

    How could Patsy possibly have called the mayor BEFORE LE even arrived and reasonably made that request? How could the mayor have asked the BPD to go easy on the Ramseys when so far, the Ramseys were the victims, not the perps? After all, a child's life was in the balance, complete with terrorists and a ransom note.

    Let's walk through it:

    Mayor: [just waking up] Hello?

    Patsy: Leslie, it's Patsy Ramsey. We have a kidnapping! My little girl--she's six years old, blonde--has been kidnapped! I've called 911 and the police are on their way! Can you help us?

    Mayor: Oh no! What can I do? Anything!

    Patsy: Can you call Chief Koby? Ask him to go easy on us, because we're so distraught!

    Mayor: What do you mean, go easy on you? What are they doing to you?

    Patsy: Oh, they're not here yet, but I just know they're going to be mean to us! Make them be nice!

    Mayor: Nice? I'm confused. They aren't there yet? What's going on?

    Patsy: Oh, a group of terrorist kidnapped JonBenet--it's all in the ransom note! They want money or they'll cut her head off!

    Mayor: Gosh! Let's get the FBI in on this!

    Patsy: NO! Um...I mean, the note says not to call police or they'll kill her. They're monitoring our house and our phones!

    Mayor: I thought you just said you called 911 and police are on their way?

    Patsy: Look, it's complicated! Just call Koby and tell him to cooperate with us! Okay? You're my cancer buddy! I'm counting on you! We need your help! Just tell Koby to do what we say and we'll take it from there! VICTORY!

    Mayor: Oh, alright. Anything for my rich friends.

    Patsy: Campaign contributions to come! Sorry, my Kidnap Party guests are arriving! Love you! [click]

    Mayor: [Hangs up. Calls Koby.] Chief Koby, so glad I got you. Have you heard about this kidnapping at the Ramsey house?

    Koby: No. Where did you hear this?

    Mayor: Patsy Ramsey just called me. She said her child has been kidnapped by terrorists who left a ransom note. She's called 911, so your guys should be there soon.

    Koby: Oh, chit! I better get dressed and get over to the department. We'll have to get the FBI in on this immediately. Thanks for calling me.

    Mayor: That's the thing, Kobes; don't call the FBI. There's a note threatening to kill the child if they call the police. She says they're being monitored.

    Koby: But you said they called 911 already.

    Mayor: I know. It's complicated, Patsy said. That's why I called you, because I have a favor to ask. Patsy is a close personal friend of mine. Her family has been through so much, so I want you to go easy on them.

    Koby: Of course, we're very sensitive to victims. But you say the child is missing? Kidnapped by terrorists? This doesn't sound good. It's going to get ugly, Leslie, one way or another, if that's true.

    Mayor: Just treat the Ramseys with kid gloves. They are powerful people; John works for Lockheed Martin and they'll tell you what to do. I'll owe you one.

    Koby: I see. We'll just let them handle it then.

    Mayor: Thanks. I'll catch up with you later. [Click.]

    Koby: [Click. Dials his dept.] Hello? This is Chief Koby. Who's in charge of the shift this morning? Put me through. [Busily getting his coffee made in background.] Hm...that donut looks good.... Hello, Chief Koby here. You got a call about a kidnapping at the Ramseys? Um huh.... Well, you tell French when he gets there, just park his marked car in front because the terrorists are monitoring the house and threatening to kill the baby, but the Ramseys already know what to do. You called who? When the FBI gets there, tell them to stand down, we're taking this one. Yeah, as a personal favor to the mayor. John Ramsey is a powerful man in this town, he works for Lockheed Martin, so just try to be helpful and they'll tell you what to do. I'll be there after I've had my breakfast and workout. No, don't sweat it, I'm sure the Ramseys have it all under control. Plus, we may get the office remodel we've been after for years. We might even get some new baseball team suits. Later. [Click.]

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So is this how it might go in the People's Republic of Boulder? I'm afraid to say it's not that far-fetched from what we've seen.

    Or should we actually think these highly educated, very successful public servants might have a brain in their heads and ask intelligent questions? In which case, Patsy might have to come up with a better story than the way this one plays out in my head.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.



Similar Threads

  1. Peter Boyles talks about the recent Grand Jury revelation (Jan. 28 & 29, 2013)
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: January 21, 2017, 5:38 pm, Sat Jan 21 17:38:04 UTC 2017
  2. Peter Boyles 2
    By koldkase in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: August 25, 2006, 10:27 am, Fri Aug 25 10:27:00 UTC 2006
  3. Good News. Peter Boyles will feature New Times article on Wed. show
    By Tricia in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: August 24, 2006, 7:48 am, Thu Aug 24 7:48:33 UTC 2006

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •