Peter Boyles looks back

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Feb 4, 2012.

1. cynic

cynic Member

Longtime Denver radio (KHOW 630) talk show host, Peter Boyles, looked back at the case during his December 28, 2011 show.
    http://www.khow.com/main.html

I remember one of the FBI agents in a conversation saying to me, “this ain’t no whodunit.”
    -Peter Boyles

Guests:
    Julie Hayden
    Don Wrege
    Peter Fotopoulos

Seven segments, total time: approximately 63 minutes.
    Part One:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CWu3MFSN5c

Part Two:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bXkQQOpPgM

Part Three:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ci1eBKPd8

Part Four:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykr4GOnxfGs

Part Five:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZL8k6GE3M

Part Six:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6rDbiIk3k

Part Seven:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDjayIrUmgE

Parody songs featured during the show:
    Paula the Brown Nosed Newsie (Re: reporter, Paula Woodward)
    Werewolf of Boulder
    Big John “They were playing every citizen for a fool.”
    Only in Boulder “Only in Boulder, Key evidence, Is shared with the prime suspects”
    The (Ransom) Letter “Start off the first sentence "Listen carefully," Misspell some words so they don't think it's me. Use your other hand, make an odd demand. We'd better write us a letter.”
    (Hang Down your Head) Tom Koby “Turn in your badge Tom Koby, You probably let 'em get away”

Listen to all 14 parody songs here: (Full lyrics included.)
    http://www.simulstream.com/mp3.html

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OMG! Thanks so much, Cynic! Another hour of my life I'm going to waste on this case which I'll never get back, but oh well, it's not like I'm curing cancer or anything. :winko:

Here I go! Back later with some thoughts on it. :gavel:

3. koldkase

This segment goes over Patsy's, "Crazy" Aunt Pam's, and Nedra's obsession with pageants. It's interesting because Peter and his guest, reporter Julie Hayden, do a good job of capturing how weird the pageant videos appeared to the general public in 1996. The word "creepy" was used more than once.

4. koldkase

Okay, this segment is PRICELESS! Around 4:40 (video timer in minutes/seconds) they talk about Michael Tracey "grooming" PERV Karr. Peter calls Tracey a punk...A PUNK!...and tells a story about Tracey trying to get Boyle on camera for one of Tracey's Ramsey propaganda crocumentaries. Peter also gives Tracey credit for the Colorado U School of Journalism being dumped, and I believe he's right on this; remember Tracey's "dept." being given $100K by The GLOBE'S tabloid company? Oh, yeah, that actually HAPPENED, and the reason is more scandalous than anything anyone with the faintest ethics can imagine: IN LIEU OF BEING TRIED IN COURT, AS WAS DOC MILLER, A PROFESSIONAL HANDWRITING ANALYST WHOSE EXPERT OPINION THAT PATSY WROTE THE NOTE NEARLY LANDED HIM IN PRISON, BUT FOR A JURY OF ACTUAL HONEST CITIZENS WHO SAW THE POLITICS BEING USED AS EVIDENCE TO CONVICT, THE GLOBE EDITOR WAS ALLOWED TO DONATE THE MONEY TO MICHAEL TRACEY...I MEAN, HIS SPECIAL JOURNALISM PROJECT.

Oh, yeah, I am NOT making this up. There is no corruption that Boulder and Colorado wouldn't exercise vigorously to keep the murderer of JonBenet Ramsey out of prison, and that's a FACT. Did I mention that THE RAMSEY'S LAWYERS were the FACTUAL, DOCUMENTED POWER who got Doc Miller INDICTED AND TRIED for a bogus charge? Yep, ONE even TESTIFIED IN THE TRIAL! I read the transcript, and it was simply more proof that Team Ramsey was running the anti-investigation of this murder and playing hard ball with anyone who got in their way. Take that to your holy prayers, John Ramsey, since obviously they're answered by the Devil.

But there I go, getting started.... sigh

Anyhow, you must hear this segment. It's only 10 min's, and the parody song at the end is about how JOURNALISTS...oh, so many...completely abandoned their professional ethics to shill for Team Ramsey. The fortunes made on this dead child's back are astounding, but the selling of one's soul does have its unanticipated costs: ask Alex Hunter about that. Or Michael Tracey, who by his own account had a nervous breakdown of sorts. Unfortunately, neither has the courage to face the truth or tell it about their dirty parts in this murder's history, so on their duplicities go.

Of course, for those who miss it at the bottom of every post of mine, this is just my private opinion. Based on...oh...15 years of studying this case, etc. :justice:

5. koldkase

This was a short segment with Don Wrege, the man who co-wrote the parody songs with Boyle which cynic linked for us. It sets up the next segment, which Boyles says he will play some of the songs. Good stuff, as it proves once again that Team Ramsey fooled no one who has any intelligence and isn't biased with some personal agenda. It takes intelligence to appreciate humor, even in such a grim case as this. To use it against those who are committing unspeakable acts of evil--brilliant.

One thing they discuss briefly is how Patsy was the PERFECT person to carry out this cover-up. They bring up her professional Public Relations background, something some people may not know about her. They also may not know that Patsy was an AWARD-WINNING ACTOR in high school and college: she won state and national titles in Dramatic Presentation in high school--for a monologue from The Prime of Miss Jean Brody, no less--ironically (or not) a story about a middle-aged woman who sacrificed her minor student to seduce her lover-by-proxy. Patsy also won scholarship money for the monologue she wrote in a few days to perform at the Miss American Pageant, as the Miss Jean Brody piece was not cleared because of copyright issues. Patsy worked in public relations for an ad company when she and John were first married--I'm not making this up, it's record. That's where she met Judith Phillips and her first husband, who also worked for that company.

Could Patsy have been more perfectly suited for this, obviously her best performance, pulling together all the skills and experience she'd learned over her lifetime? I have visions of Patsy, sitting before her pad, with her Sharpie pen, practice-writing her ransom note, then the final draft: she knew it was her destiny, and she was up to the task of covering up her daughter's molestation and murder. At least, with the help of some very powerful, well-connected help, she was up to being the public face of lies.

6. cynic

cynic Member

It was bizarre and weird at the time and I hope that shows like “Toddlers and Tiaras†and “Dance Moms†don’t have the effect of desensitizing us to the “weirdness.â€

7. cynic

cynic Member

LOL, Peter certainly gives Tracey the “respect†that he deserves.
    BTW KoldKase, if you are interested in a further stroll down memory lane I have some more from Peter.
    This is right in the middle of the Karr mess and it’s hilarious to hear Peter read out emails calling him names, asking for his resignation because of what he’s said about the Ramseys, etc, etc. It was truly an IDI feeding frenzy!
    (Carol McKinley is his guest.)

4 segments, total time: approximately 36 minutes
    Part One:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCony7h-dmQ

Part Two
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN58i0prDL8

Part Three
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHkbwM9Me4

Part Four
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0Wunqs9Go

8. Little

Little Member

Thank you cynic!

9. koldkase

Yes, thanks again, cynic. I got sidetracked--Superbowl Sunday family fun--and still have to finish the first links. Thanks for the second set, as well--Peter Boyles was at ground zero and is himself like the Greek chorus in this travesty of justice. When going after the corrupt, he takes no prisoners. Unfortunately, neither does Boulder. :floor:

10. koldkase

This segment starts with the "Werewolf of Boulder" song--it's so hokey, so badly produced, it's PERFECT! The lyrics are good satire in their absurdity...which simply highlights the absurdity of this case.

Boyles then introduces guest Peter Fotopoulos: they discuss the absurdity of the case, starting off with the Ramsey's absurd stories. They point out some key elements of evidence, including the "Rosetta Stone" of the case, the ransom note.

Cynic, they bring up something that I don't believe I've seen: Peter says he's got a video of Darnay's depositions of Patsy and John, and in the family photo album, of which Patsy declared she had no idea who wrote the photo captions under her own photos of her children, letters from the ransom note were laid directly over those captions with a transparency and they matched exactly. Is this Cina Wong's work? I've seen that, but is this video online? Sorry, I may have just forgotten.

Does anyone have this video? Cherokee? I do remember seeing parts of the video of those depositions, but only short segments, possibly released by Lin Wood, which means they wouldn't have included ANYTHING he considered damaging to the Ramseys. (Fortunately, Wood's "blinders-on" defense lawyer position kept him for seeing how damaging everything the Ramseys said truly was, because they lied, evaded, and obfuscated every time they spoke.) But I don't remember this particular ransom note demonstration.

11. koldkase

I don't think there is any chance of that, since that sick demonstration of child exploitation only highlights the mental issues of mothers who abuse their children in this "industry."

12. koldkase

This is really good because it has one of those rare, but insightful, "encounters" with Team Ramsey--Pasta Jay, John Ramsey, and "a big guy." (Could this have been a bodyguard?) This story comes from a call-in listener, and he's probably been arrested, interrogated for days in a bare room with a single light-bulb, strapped to a polygraph machine, has a few bruises from "resisting arrest"--okay, kidding...but not.

Yet another example of the UNLAWFUL VIOLENCE practiced by Team Ramsey--with impunity in Boulder, no less.

13. koldkase

Now THIS has something in it that has my HEAD SPINNING!

Oh my god. It answers SO MANY QUESTIONS I've had!

A call-in listener says he worked for Boulder City for 39 years; he worked there during the time of the murder.

He says he knew the BPD investigating this case, including those who were at the Ramsey home that morning, and they were all angry about something.

They were angry because "first thing" Patsy Ramsey called her DEAR FRIEND, SHARED-CANCER PATIENT BUDDY, IN FACT, MAYOR LESLIE DURGIN. This man claims that very same mayor--you may remember her publicly telling citizens of Boulder not to worry, there was NO CHILD KILLER RUNNING AROUND--called then POLICE CHIEF KOBY AND TOLD HIM THIS WAS A PERSONAL TRAGEDY AND TO GO EASY ON THE RAMSEYS!

Stating up front that that I've never heard this story before, don't know the man telling it, and thanks to Peter Boyle's one flaw as an interviewer--he hardly lets others get a word in edgewise--we only get the bare bones of this story so have no other corroboration that I've ever seen: think about the implication of this, if it's true.

* This would explain why Hunter doggedly refused to get those Ramsey phone records, as this certainly would go a long way to proving the Ramseys were guilty. I'd also possibly owe Lockheed Martin a big apology--oh, how I hate eating crow. :sick:

* This would explain why the BPD "screwed up" the case so spectacularly: showing up in marked cars, allowing a dozen friends to roam the house, leaving Arndt alone when she was calling for help. It was a done deal before they got there--Koby would have known what happened, more or less, and that's why standard protocol was ignored, including interviewing the Ramseys separately.

* Hunter's obstruction would be explained, as he surely knew the mayor and of course, as politicians in the same county of privilege, it wouldn't be much of a stretch that they would "scratch each other's backs."

*Since none of the players in this had any idea that morning this would go beyond Boulder, it wouldn't have occurred to them they'd spend the rest of their lives defending and obscuring what they did. So protecting their rich, close friends probably wasn't even something they thought about carefully--they just made the calls and figured from there it would be buried quickly.

Okay, I'm still in shock about this. How I wish Boyle's would have SHUT HIS MOUTH and let the man talk. sigh

Thoughts, anyone? Cause this is HUGE. MAJOR. A BREAK IN THE CASE--for us, at any rate. No doubt if it's true, many, MANY LE in Boulder knew all about it, yet to this day, this is the FIRST I've heard, and I've spent a little time on it. :rolleyes:

Notice I'm still saying IF...so many things to think about.

But this feels at this moment like the one piece of the puzzle that would fill in a critical spot.

14. koldkase

And now back to the beginning and google.

Found this article which quotes Leslie Durgin about the case. Also some other "interested parties." I'm reading things in light of, what if they knew the Ramseys did it up front and were in on the cover up, all of them? Circling the wagons to protect "their own," so to speak?

Leslie says something very disturbing. Quoting from the article: "Ethical questions arose. She never wanted to lie to the media or anyone else about what she knew about the case. 'So there were times when I just told (Police Chief Tom) Koby, "I don't want to know." ' ''

She didn't want to know because she didn't want to lie to the media? What didn't she want to know? And why would she feel she had to lie about it to the media? Was she afraid that she'd get caught "lying" to the media? If she helped cover up this murder did she actually commit a crime? Like "obstruction"? Any lawyers around?

Was she inadvertently saying she didn't want to know what the evidence was telling them because perhaps it wasn't what the Ramseys told her that morning? Like that JonBenet was being molested before the night of her murder and being strangled by garrote wasn't exactly an accident? I'm just speculating, but looking at Durgin's statement in the context of what the caller to Boyle's show said, one has to ask, if true, what did Patsy tell her happened in the phone call asking for help in this "personal tragedy"?

I can't tell you how my heart is pounding. IF this is true, it's been right there under our noses the whole time--and even when revealed, it's completely missed because everyone is so invested in their own vision of this case. :banghead:

I wonder if Steve Thomas knew of this. Why did he leave that out of his book? Because he didn't want to run the bus over his fellow law officers? Get sued for something he couldn't prove? If he knew this, knows this, I can only imagine it's like a stone in his heart.

Well, I'm probably beyond making sense right now. Anyone else seeing any of this, or am I in need of a good shrink? Cause how many times through the years has something seeming to be so profoundly important ended up being completely a red herring?

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon157.htm

15. koldkase

I decided to do a quick/rough transcript from the section of the radio show in which the caller "Rick" says Patsy called Mayor Leslie Durgin at home and Durgin then called Chief Koby that morning, for further discussion.

As best as I could hear it, it went like this, beginning at marker 6:35. (Any corrections of typos or transcription are welcomed, and thanks in advance.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6rDbiIk3k

Peter Boyles [PB]: Let's go to Rick; Rick, you're on a radio show, good morning.

Rick: Hey, good morning Pete. How you doing?

PB: [Hello/Hey] man, I'm good, thank you.

Rick: I worked for the city of Boulder for 39 years, and I was working for them at the time, and I knew pretty much every cop that showed up that day, and I was talking to them later and a couple of things they were very upset about...

PB: Let me do...[stutters a bit]...I wanna' talk to you...close to a traffic break, I want to give you plenty of time. Can I put you on hold?

Rick: You got it.

PB: Ricky, hang on everybody....

[break]

PB: [This started with the end of a word, sentence, or maybe a name?]...curt, I had to put you on hold, I apologize, and you worked in Boulder and you knew the cops, so if you would pick it up, please.

Rick: Okay. I knew pretty much all the police that were involved with that and the thing that really bothered them was as soon as this evidently started Patsy called Leslie Durgin, the mayor...

PB: Right.

Rick: ...and told her what had happened.

PB: I dubbed her the Great Leslie.

Rick: You betcha'. Well, Durgin immediately called [Chief] Koby at home and according to a very good source said, "Look at: these are personal friends of mine," because they were in cancer treatment together, "and please handle them with kid gloves. This is a terrible tragedy." That's why the place was immediately opened and the crime scene was destroyed. And many of the police there, including Rick French, Tom Trujillo, bunch of them, the officer--I just spaced his name--who wrote the book, were so enraged. They couldn't believe it, cause it went right out the door, the whole case.

PB: [interrupts] Yeah, but I don't know, that's pretty far-fetched....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quit transcribing here because Boyles went into a long diatribe about how the police were incompetent and this should have happened and blahblah, which had little to do with what the caller was talking about. Boyle has the same weakness a lot of us do: he has his version he believes in and so he has a hard time hearing anything contrary to that. Too bad, because Boyles had an amazing caller with an astonishing story that needs to be investigated NOW, and how he missed that is beyond me.

Oh well. I'll be interested in hearing others' thoughts on this. I personally am thinking, did a Southern Belle from W. Virginia and a woman who was mayor fool LE across the world and destroy this case because they bonded over cancer? That would be almost hysterical, except for...dead child.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  16. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

KK, that part of the video deposition was never released by Lin Wood for the very reason you mention, it was extremely damaging to the Patsy Ramsey.

And yes, it is Cina Wong's work. No, the video is not online (as far as I know). I'm sure if someone tried to upload it, Lin Wood/the Ramseys would be all over it like a cheap suit, demanding it be taken down under threat of law suit and the plague.

There's a double standard here. Lin Wood/ released segments of that video deposition he considered favorable to the Ramseys, but he wouldn't allow anything released that was UNFAVORABLE to the Ramseys. That's why the full deposition was never publicly released.

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Hold the presses and start breathing again! Holy baloney! KoldKase this is something to really think about. I'll tell you the first thing that came to my mind...well the second thing really was that would explain away the reason for no phone records. Holy shint! Then the first thing that I thought of was that would explain all of the craziness of Lou Smit and his invention of an intruder. He could have been told to come up with something to help out the Ramseys. WE have all maligned him for years. But really he was a good detective and had an impressive "solved" record for homicides over his career. So why then did he seem like a goofy fool with this case? Perhaps this is why.

In fact if this is true it would explain all of the goofy things like the friends coming over and cleaning up the house, destroying evidence along the way and so forth. OMG this is something to think about. And the grand jury with no verdict after all those months of investigating. No one in authority could or would move forward. That would also explain Woody's obsession with stopping everyone in their tracks from saying anything about the Ramseys in print or TV. Protect and misdirect as much as possible. You know what? They sure did their jobs didn't they.

OOOOH Koldkase that is a bombshell (ala Nancy Grace!) Thank you.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you Cynic. Will take my time and work my way through it and read what you all have to say about it at the same time.

No relation to the case. I just finished listening to the first tape and wanted to say I enjoyed listening to Peter Boyle's voice. He has a very good speaking voice and I will enjoy listening to the other tapes. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  19. koldkase

Excuse me while I KICK SOMETHING INANIMATE, POSSIBLY BREAKING MY FOOT AND A FEW OTHER THINGS IN THE PROCESS. :curse:

I'm guessing the reason DARNAY didn't release this video is because he couldn't pay to get a copy?

I swear, someone from the U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE should be investigating this case for obstruction.

Oh, wait--they're in on it. Rich people protecting rich people.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/10/u...as-police-press-on.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Never mind.

Thanks for your answer, Cherokee. This case was so fixed from Day One, I now see all of Patsy's "monologues" about her fear of being arrested, etc., as pure performance art. I guess all we can hope for is someone who has a copy leaking this stuff one day. It's possible, with the Internet. Like someone said, when JR dies, we may finally see the truth unobstructed.

20. koldkase

Appreciate the thanks, but it isn't my scoop. It would belong to Peter Boyles, if he could have gotten his head out of his...well, if he'd noticed his caller was handing him some important info which was at least worth a follow-up question or two. Egads, how did he miss that?

Anyway...yeah, if true, it would explain so much. Even if the mayor was only called by Patsy and told there was a "kidnapping," it's still mind-blowing if she was the one putting the BPD into "protect the Ramseys" mode, thereby starting an injustice that will go down in the history of unsolved murders next to Jack the Ripper and Lizzie Borden.

Yet another stroll down memory lane:

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/10/u...as-police-press-on.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Also, from the ever-interesting "Bonita Papers":

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4502

I am thinking the "friend of a friend" began with Judith Phillips: From a transcript stored at ACR's site, the interview Judith Phillips did with Mame (typos and mistakes as transcribed):

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02062000judithphillipsinterview.htm

Judith is speaking of Patsy's philanthropic work after her cancer struggle:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice