Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 338
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Since this new information will cast doubt on the Ramsey intruder theory, and since the unsourced DNA is what their intruder theory stands upon, I believe the new revelation might be that they have sourced the unknown DNA and there is an innocent explanation for it such as contamination or transfer.
    I completely agree that the only shaky, atrophied leg that IDI has to stand on is the much-hyped, much-misunderstood, Lacy-spun DNA.
    I don’t believe, however, that it will ever be sourced because I think the most probable source is a decedent that was autopsied by John Meyer prior to JonBenet.
    (Although there are a number of innocent explanations, contrary to Lacy’s ridiculous assertions.)

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Welcome to the club.
    Please add me to the Cynic Club.

    Whatever Tricia's news is, it doesn't come from Burke Ramsey. He's too busy hiding behind lawyers and doing what Mommy and Daddy taught him to do; compartmentalizing his life so he doesn't have to think about JonBenet and what happened Christmas 1996.

    Burke is living the life of a typical twenty-something and, unsurprisingly, is interested in only continuing that life. Why would he give that up to suddenly reveal "the truth"? Being the sibling of a famous celebrity is a tough job. Your life is always overshadowed by theirs. If anything, Burke resents the imposition of anything case-related in his life. That's the main reason he slammed the door in the detective's faces. Burke isn't going to revisit that part of his life willingly.

    I've seen photos of Burke and John laughing and dancing away at a Christmas Dance the year Patsy died. At a Christmas dance. Just six months after Patsy died in 2004 and exactly eight years after JonBenet was supposedly killed by a stranger in the Ramsey home.

    I understand that people do different things to assauge their grief, and that you can't sit in sackcloth and ashes forever, but for me, it was somewhat disturbing. John looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. I've never seen him look more natural or happy. Burke is having a whale of a time with his girlfriend and other friends.

    That's what I mean by compartmentalization. That was then, this is now. There is no great remorse or feelings of guilt or sadness. The way the Ramseys deal with what happened to JonBenet is to keep it at arm's length, or at the arm's length of their attorneys. John doesn't even keep up the pretense of looking for "the intruder" any more. He's done. It's over. He hopes.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Please add me to the Cynic Club.
    Gladly.
    Whatever Tricia's news is, it doesn't come from Burke Ramsey. He's too busy hiding behind lawyers and doing what Mommy and Daddy taught him to do; compartmentalizing his life so he doesn't have to think about JonBenet and what happened Christmas 1996.

    Burke is living the life of a typical twenty-something and, unsurprisingly, is interested in only continuing that life. Why would he give that up to suddenly reveal "the truth"? Being the sibling of a famous celebrity is a tough job. Your life is always overshadowed by theirs. If anything, Burke resents the imposition of anything case-related in his life. That's the main reason he slammed the door in the detective's faces. Burke isn't going to revisit that part of his life willingly.

    I've seen photos of Burke and John laughing and dancing away at a Christmas Dance the year Patsy died. At a Christmas dance. Just six months after Patsy died in 2004 and exactly eight years after JonBenet was supposedly killed by a stranger in the Ramsey home.

    I understand that people do different things to assauge their grief, and that you can't sit in sackcloth and ashes forever, but for me, it was somewhat disturbing. John looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. I've never seen him look more natural or happy. Burke is having a whale of a time with his girlfriend and other friends.

    That's what I mean by compartmentalization. That was then, this is now. There is no great remorse or feelings of guilt or sadness. The way the Ramseys deal with what happened to JonBenet is to keep it at arm's length, or at the arm's length of their attorneys. John doesn't even keep up the pretense of looking for "the intruder" any more. He's done. It's over. He hopes.
    BBM

    As he said in an interview some 15 years ago (January 8, 1997,) “I kind of forget about it. I just kind of go . . . ” and he lapsed into sounds similar to Nintendo beeps.
    I hate to wax philosophical, but in a sense he’s been making “Nintendo beep sounds” ever since, eventually replacing children’s toys with adult distractions, all the while continuing to forget about “it.”

    The boy remembered his sister as being “nice” but added, “Sometimes she bugged me.” JonBenét would tickle him and rummage through his desk to find candy and baseball cards. Bernhard asked how he was dealing with his sister’s death, and Burke replied, “I kind of forget about it. I just kind of go . . . ” and he lapsed into sounds similar to Nintendo beeps.

    What do you think happened to your sister?

    I know what happened to my sister. She was killed.

    But what happened?

    I know what happened.


    How was she killed? Have you talked to your parents about it?

    I asked my dad, Where did you find her body? He said, In the basement. I think someone took her down in the basement . . . took a knife out [losing words, he made a slashing gesture] or hit her on the head.

    He said the house was usually always locked.

    His descriptions were flat and indifferent. Bernhard detected no fear that the killer might come back for him or that Burke thought the family was in danger. The psychologist said it was very unusual for a child to feel safe when a sibling had been violently killed.

    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 123 -124

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Interesting that his parents said they NEVER talked about JB's murder or the events of that night with BR.

    So here we have yet another comment from BR that differs from what his parents have said.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Was thinking about this. It has to be something that Tricia might know about via any contacts she has, yet something the media have not yet gotten hold of.

    I think that rules out any development on the DNA.

    Could it be that the Vidocq Society are going to do a cold case review?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  6. #66

    Default

    One thing that I think is probable: this "exposé" will reveal that Patsy was the killer.

    I'm fairly sure that no one wants to come out revealing it was John or Burke, because Lin Wood would be doing the happy dance if that were it. Even if the evidence were clear and irrefutable, Wood would sue, and a law suit is expensive even if you win. A lawyer like Wood would make good money, no matter what the outcome.

    But Wood can't sue on behalf of a dead person. Well, I guess he might try--he said he'd love to, after Patsy died--but it would be thrown out of court soon enough. I doubt there's any judge who wants to overrun the court systems with lawyers representing dead people.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I want it to be Fleet White, but I’m afraid he has been intimidated into submission.
    Forgot to reply earlier ...

    Cynic, I see your point and agree. I wouldn't blame FW for not wanting to draw attention to himself at this stage in the game. He and his family have been through the mill. Thanks to the Ramseys, Mame , and a few other crazies, FW has been persecuted beyond belief.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    One thing that I think is probable: this "exposé" will reveal that Patsy was the killer.

    I'm fairly sure that no one wants to come out revealing it was John or Burke, because Lin Wood would be doing the happy dance if that were it. Even if the evidence were clear and irrefutable, Wood would sue, and a law suit is expensive even if you win. A lawyer like Wood would make good money, no matter what the outcome.

    But Wood can't sue on behalf of a dead person. Well, I guess he might try--he said he'd love to, after Patsy died--but it would be thrown out of court soon enough. I doubt there's any judge who wants to overrun the court systems with lawyers representing dead people.
    Ha ha, your last sentence gave me a visual that looked something like "Zombieland" meets "Night Court"! And of course, Lin Wood was riding high through the carnage!

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post

    I've seen photos of Burke and John laughing and dancing away at a Christmas Dance the year Patsy died. At a Christmas dance. Just six months after Patsy died in 2004 and exactly eight years after JonBenet was supposedly killed by a stranger in the Ramsey home.
    As annoying as I may be, I'm a stickler for details so I had to correct this.
    Patsy died in 2006, not 2004 so that would make it 10 years after JBs death.

    Sorry. Carry on.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    One thing that I think is probable: this "exposé" will reveal that Patsy was the killer.

    I'm fairly sure that no one wants to come out revealing it was John or Burke, because Lin Wood would be doing the happy dance if that were it. Even if the evidence were clear and irrefutable, Wood would sue, and a law suit is expensive even if you win. A lawyer like Wood would make good money, no matter what the outcome.

    But Wood can't sue on behalf of a dead person. Well, I guess he might try--he said he'd love to, after Patsy died--but it would be thrown out of court soon enough. I doubt there's any judge who wants to overrun the court systems with lawyers representing dead people.
    You’re right KK, because the dead don’t have “feelings,” they can’t be slandered or libeled, and no one can take legal action on their behalf if they feel the name of the deceased has been impugned.
    However, those who are family members, or others who by their close association, (eg. Burke and John,) with the deceased feel that their personal reputation or name has suffered as a result of what was said about the deceased may sue.
    That would be the opening that our “friend” LW would use.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitewitch1 View Post
    As annoying as I may be, I'm a stickler for details so I had to correct this.
    Patsy died in 2006, not 2004 so that would make it 10 years after JBs death.

    Sorry. Carry on.
    Whitewitch, I appreciate you taking the time to correct my mistake. Thank you! I'm a stickler, too, and I should have made sure I had my dates right.

    Patsy died June 24, 2006, not 2004, and the Christmas Dance photos were taken six months later in 2006.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Ha ha, your last sentence gave me a visual that looked something like "Zombieland" meets "Night Court"! And of course, Lin Wood was riding high through the carnage!
    Well, it wouldn’t be scruples that would stop LW from taking advantage of the dead.




Similar Threads

  1. Listen to James Kolar talk about new book on Tricia's show tonight! (July 18, 2012)
    By Cherokee in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 19, 2012, 8:43 pm, Thu Jul 19 20:43:59 UTC 2012
  2. Great Synopsis of the JBR Case - "Doll Parts: For JonBenet, The Pageant Isn't Over"
    By Amber in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: February 18, 2007, 12:38 am, Sun Feb 18 0:38:10 UTC 2007

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •