American Weed (program) Boulder, CO

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Apr 14, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Just saw a commercial on the National Geographic Channel for a show called "American Weed." It's airing on Wednesday, 9 pm ET...and this episode is in Boulder.

Let's see if I can find something online.

Here is a NG page with the schedule.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/schedule/ngc/?source=NavNGCHome

You have to put in the date for Wednesday, which is April 18, apparently, but here is the listing for two episodes, both in Colorado. The commercial I saw was for the 9 PM one and it mentioned Boulder.

I had no idea Colorado had legal medical pot. But then, I'm not up on the latest in such things. :grandma:

2. koldkase

Just wanted to bump this in case anyone is interested. In the commercial I saw last week, they actually mentioned Boulder. I got the impression the pot store that's "failing" is in Boulder.

I'm thinking it might be interesting, giving insight into why the good citizens of Boulder have never seemed to much care that they had 2 DAs who helped a child killer get away with it. Maybe they're against LE in principle or something--that certainly would explain how Alex Hunter stayed in office so long.

I'll try to watch it, if I don't forget...something I too often do with TV now as most of it is too pathetic to bother anyway...as I'm sure this show on its face will be, also.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Koldkase if it's the program I think it is I saw it one time. It is about 3 or 4 brothers who have a pot farm very high up in the mountains. The youngest brother is the stay at home gardner for the pot plants. He whines all the time because he is stuck there just tending the plants. The other brothers all in their middle 20's to 30's go to the store in town and do all the advertizing that is needed. The youngest took a day off and when he returned one plant died...and all hell broke loose because one plant died. There goes their investment. The youngest just blubbered and cried and complained about not being appreciated.

I watch a lot of NGO and usually enjoy the programs. This one just isn't my cup of tea. Whiny and yelling folks just get the channel changed as far as I'm concerned.

4. cynic

cynic Member

I’ve always suspected there was something fishy about Boulder…

BOULDER, Colo. -- Stinky fish fertilizer and two dozen law-enforcement officers kept pot smokers away from a grassy quad at the University of Colorado on Friday, but a few hundred protesters defied the crackdown and rallied on another field, where some lit up at 4:20 p.m.
    It was a far cry from last year's April 20 pot celebration, when more than 10,000 people gathered on the university's Norlin Quadrangle for the annual ritual of enjoying a smoke and demonstrating for legalizing marijuana.

That made the university the scene of one of the largest campus celebrations of cannabis in the nation – a reputation that prompted university administrators to take extraordinary steps to stamp out this year's rally.
    They banned unauthorized visitors from campus, and spread smelly fertilizer on the Norlin Quad and declared it off-limits. They even booked Haitian-born hip-hop star Wyclef Jean for a free concert timed to coincide with the traditional 4:20 p.m. pot gathering.
    Still, they were only partially successful. A few dozen protesters veered off a sidewalk bordering the university on Friday afternoon and marched through campus, holding signs and chanting, "Roll it. Smoke it. Legalize it."
    Others joined in as the marchers made their way through the campus, and after they halted on a grassy field near a science building, the crowd reached 300, with 400 more watching from the perimeter, campus police estimated.
    They counted down the seconds to 4:20 p.m., let out a cheer at zero and then lit up, exhaling a collective cloud of smoke that rose over their heads.
    A few police were on hand, some in SWAT gear, but they made no move to interfere. After about 15 minutes the crowd and the smoke dispersed.
    Jonathan Grell, a sophomore majoring in international affairs, said he joined the rally because it "mocks America's arcane drug laws."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/21/boulder-420-marijuana-_n_1442569.html

5. koldkase

Ha ha, cynic! You're so funny these days, I'm beginning to wonder whacha been smoking! :balloon: More about that "pot festival": last year's huge turnout was highlighted in this episode of American Weed.

Zoomama, I actually did watch this episode, or some of it. It wasn't about growers, but about sellers...of the legalized pot kind. It featured a couple of store owners struggling with their businesses for different reasons. Also, I noticed a lot of bloodshot eyeballs....

The show also featured some people on chemo in two episodes I half saw--they ran them consecutively, and I do feel that's a very legitimate use for pot. Telling people they can't smoke pot who are sick and who benefit from it is just plain wicked to me. Legal drugs used for pain management, anxiety, depression, etc., are potent and clearly addictive, so why the distinction? Not to mention, alcohol and cigarettes, if it comes to that. The money our government spends on chasing and imprisoning people over pot...but I digress....

Not that I'm advocating smoking pot in general: this Boulder episode featured a young man, around 22 or so, who was clearly a pothead gone wrong. He worked for the "medical marijuana" store. He was just plain silly. Every time he was on, I would think, Poster Boy for not using pot for recreation....

Since I didn't see the show start to finish...and I might have gotten a bit bored with it and focused on something more interesting, like that beige spot on my wall...I'm not sure what the point of it was.

EXCEPT...the store owner and employees closed the shop early to attend the 4/20, 2011, POT FESTIVAL ON THE BOULDER CAMPUS. Ha! They aired this program on Wednesday for the first time--April 18th.

So as the article you posted, cynic, demonstrated, CU and the BPD weren't amused when 10,000 people showed up last year. That's what this program ended with--all those people getting high on the CU campus.

HAHAHAHAHA! :floor:

Sorry, somehow it just hit my funny bone that Boulder and CU deserved this show very much.

6. cynic

cynic Member

It’s just the years of looking at this case that have done this to me. I was perfectly normal before.:crosseyed :beammeup:
    Getting back to weed in Boulder, I “found” this picture which might help explain some of “Spacey Lacy's” decisions.

[​IMG]

They do. It also helped explain why Boulder is called “25 square miles surrounded by reality.”

7. koldkase

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Oh, NO you DID-ENT!! AGAIN!! :floor:

Lordy, Tricia is gonna bust a gut when she sees that!

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Bwaahaaahaaaa! :floor: OMG, that DOES help explain Mary!

Can you say Mary Magic Mushroom? I bet she can't! lol

9. Elle

Elle Member

Oh good grief! Couldn't Mary Lacey come after you for this photo, cynic?
    Is it an original, or did you concoct it?

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

HAHAH Hair Curtains never looked better!

11. Elle

Elle Member

I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall, Thor! :)

Now! Just what is Mary Lacey doing with this contraption, cynic? I don't want to see you behind bars! :(

12. koldkase

Don't worry, Elle. In America we have something called Freedom of Speech, written into our Constitution. Freedom of artistic expression is included in the interpretation of that, according to our U.S. Supreme Court. Since Mary Lacy is a public figure, as well, doing a little "photoshop" on her is nothing more than cynic expressing in an editorial cartoon his comic opinion of her weird and unethical decisions as the elected DA in Boulder.

America does have an upside occasionally. :yes:

13. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

She's getting a hit off the biggest, baddest bong ever made! You talk about "420" - that's probably the number of brain cells Lacy has left after toking on that thing! :rolling:

14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This does explain so so very much. LOL

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, kk! I was genuinely concerned.

Cherokee! the biggest, baddest bong (???). Whatzat? [​IMG]

16. koldkase

I know nothing.... :whistle:

17. cynic

cynic Member

I'm out of control, someone stop me before I Photoshop again.

18. cynic

cynic Member

Thank you for mentioning an hallucinogen. I did say that weed would only help explain Lacy, hallucinogens such as mushrooms, mescaline or perhaps LSD would need to enter the fray to completely explain some of her more extreme actions such as those surrounding Karr.
    The weed may have only been a gateway drug. LOL

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  19. cynic

cynic Member

Elle, some things are worth the risk. LOL
    BTW, she’ll have to wait in line, Lin Wood, the cast of Night Court, John Ramsey, Jan Rousseaux, and Alexis Valoran Reich/John Mark Karr are all ahead of her.
    And besides, I plan to hold Cherokee responsible for starting all of this with her comment about Lin Wood, Night Court and zombies.
    (And yes, that picture is my creation.)

Actually, I wouldn’t try to hold Cherokee responsible, I wouldn’t need to.
    The way I see it, Lacy should thank me for introducing into the public arena a plausible alternative explanation for her actions other than the universally accepted explanation of extreme ineptitude.
    For example, when Governor Owens said the following about Lacy, she could have simply said she did it because she was high as a result of taking hits from the world’s largest bong.
    That would be better than leaving everyone to wonder how any human could be so completely clueless in their natural state.
    "I find it incredible that Boulder authorities wasted thousands of taxpayer dollars to bring Karr to Colorado given such a lack of evidence."
    "Unfortunately, the hysterics surrounding John Mark Karr served only to distract Boulder officials from doing their job, which should be solving the murder of JonBenet Ramsey,"
    "Mary Lacy should be held accountable for the most extravagant and expensive DNA test in Colorado history."
    -Governor Owens

Instances where Lacy was either high or grossly incompetent:
    • …the body language of John and Patsy wasn't suggestive of deception, ...men were not in a position to judge Patsy Ramsey's demeanor.
    • Judge Carnes' opinion was "thoughtful and well reasoned." "I agree with the court's conclusion."
    • "We had probable cause to arrest him" (Karr)
    • “…it is appropriate, given the circumstances of this case, to state that we do not consider your immediate family including you, your wife, Patsy, and your son, Burke, to be under any suspicion in the commission of this crime.â€
    • Alex Midyette was charged with four counts of Child Abuse pursuant to § 18-6-401(1)(a), C.R.S. and Molly Midyette was charged with three counts of Child Abuse pursuant to § 18-6-401(1)(a), C.R.S., all class 2 felonies, pursuant to § 18-6-401(7)(a)(I), C.R.S.
    I’ll let Bill O’Reilly comment on the Midyette travesty:
    Of course child abuse charges carry lesser penalties than murder, but there's no question that this baby was brutally beaten to death. So what's really going on here?
    Boulder, Colorado —the home of Ward Churchill — is a secular-progressive enclave, a college town run by a few rich people and some far left ideologues. Alex Midyette's father is one of the richest guys in town. And he and his wife were able to make bond totaling more than a million dollars.
    D.A. Lacy is simply incompetent, a woman who has embarrassed the state of Colorado time and again. But she was elected by the SP voters of Boulder.
    So there you have it. It takes Lacy 14 months to bring charges that could have been brought in hours. Somebody beat baby Jason to death in a horrific way. But that somebody isn't facing murder charges tonight. After all this time, it is now a child abuse case.
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreil...tice-baby-jason-midyette?page=2#ixzz1susJTHZs

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  20. cynic

cynic Member

LOL. I’ve also heard that her hash brownies are to die for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice