Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    ...s...i...g...h...

Thanks so much for that quote, but I have to admit after seeing Dr. Spitz testify in the Casey Anthony trial, he is no longer someone I find credible.

Unfortunately, the (mentally challenged) jury in that case somehow missed his extreme incompetence.

I guess it could be due to his advanced years now, but I find him neutralized as far as the weight of his "expert" opinion is concerned. I always look for another, or at least a corroborating, source.

Having said that, I'm sure LE agencies and labs had more than Dr. Spitz to determine what the birefringent material source was. The paintbrush splinters next to the paint tray would be a huge clue, as well. Surely they were compared microscopically with that found in the vagina.

I mean, how easy would that be for a lab? Of course they know.
    Spitz was one of the “good guys” in the OJ Simpson civil trial but that may have been his last outing with his mental faculties intact.
    He was a disaster on two legs at the Phil Spector trial and backed that abysmal “liar for hire” performance with his appearance at the Casey Anthony trial.

Werner Spitz may be a forensic pathologist. He may even be a good one. But after today’s completion of his cross examination, he gets a new certificate of competency – he can now be called the “King of Evasiveness”. I think he lied to Alan Jackson yesterday – he doesn’t get paid by the day, he gets paid by the word, and he’s determined to squeeze every “da doo run run” penny out of Phillip Spector.
    And Spitz will not concede a thing. He won’t even concede petty stuff like “Lana was long legged, right?” No, Spitz prefers to ramble, to evade, to say, “well, it’s a possibility” to the point where you are quite convinced that if Jackson asked the Dr. if his name was Werner Spitz, Spitz would not concede that, either, rather responding with “Well, that is what my parents they tell me, and when I was in the first grade, this is what they called me, but, without seeing the documents, sir, I can only assume that this is so….”
    [SNIP]
    Jackson asks him “You aren’t testifying as an advocate, are you? You have no vested interest in this case, do you? That $45 thousand dollars isn’t going to sway your testimony, is it?”
    The good doctor sputters and spurts and shoots back that of course it isn’t going to sway his testimony. “I don’t need the money, sir!” he says. I don’t care about money – I do pro bono work all the time!”
    And Jackson shoots right back – “Well, you didn’t care enough to do this case pro bono, now did you?”
    [SNIP]
    Jackson is incredulous when he asks that doctor “You don’t think it’s plausible that if someone has a gun in their face in a threatening manner that they would retreat, that they might slip down in the chair, that they might cower away?”
    The doctor then shares the most bizarre exchange of the trial yet when he says to Jackson: “She doesn’t look defensive – she is in a peaceful position in the photos”.
    Jackson then almost blurts out “Well She’s DEAD Doctor! She’s peaceful NOW! I’m talking about the few minutes before she died.”

http://thedarwinexception.wordpress....tor-shes-dead/

At the Casey Anthony trial, his most ridiculous assertion was, IMO, that the duct tape must have being placed on Caylee prior to full decomposition because there was no evidence that Caylee’s DNA was on it. He goes as far as to make the comparison that if he placed duct tape on his own arm it would have his DNA on it. Well of course it would, but not if he and his arm and the tape were submerged in a hot Florida swamp, decomposing for months.
    The court should have insisted that Spitzr be submerged in a swamp for 6 months with duct tape on his arm to check the validity of his theory.

So what happened to Dr. Spitz?
    In November of 1996 he was on the stand articulately and intelligently testifying in the OJ Simpson civil trial.
    He squared off against the defense “expert,” Dr Michael Baden.
    Baden asserted that Ron Goldman would have fought with his attacker for some 15 minutes, while Spitz estimated the fight would have lasted about a minute.
    I believe Spitz was absolutely correct because one of the wounds that Goldman had sustained was to the abdominal aorta, causing massive and rapid internal bleeding, leading to loss of consciousness in seconds rather than minutes.
    In 1997 he was called on by the BPD to offer his expertise and from the description of his work, it would seem that his conclusions were sound.

Something happened between 1997 and 2007 when he appeared in the Spector trial.
    Either he became a soulless liar for hire or perhaps Mary Lacy invited him to one of her famous Boulder bong parties, and the rest is history.
    Never underestimate the bong.

BTW, since we are on the topic of “expert” witnesses at trials, let’s not forgot some classics:

Henry Lee at the OJ Simpson criminal trial identified what he testified were footprints from “the real killer.” It was proven that these were marks embedded in the concrete from years prior to the crime.

Dr. Michael Baden at the Phil Spector trial said that Lana Clarkson could have continued to breathe for several minutes after a gunshot wound to the head which TRANSECTED her spinal cord.

Then we have perhaps the King of Liars for Hire, Dr. Vincent DiMaio.
    In 2003 Colonel Philip Shue died during the early morning hours when his 1995 Mercury Trace crashed into a group of small trees. The responding officers noted that he had duct tape around his ankles and both wrists. The autopsy noted a large 6 inch incision down the midline of his chest, the excision of both nipples, multiple other incisions on his chest, a missing earlobe, an amputated left digit finger, multiple head injuries, contusions, abrasions, and a puncture wound in his right calf.
    DiMaio ruled this death a suicide.

I was actually referring to the photo of the end of the cord on the "handle" which doesn't appear to have been "burned" at all. I noticed your burnt cord ending did have a tell-tale singed appearance.

I guess my point was I don't think that cord end on the "handle" was burned, so I favor Cherokee's explanation of some kind of chemical treatment at the factory which secured that end from fraying and kept it pristine.

I think it's a good comparison to the other, very frayed ends. I also think Dr. Meyer's cut on the neck ligature is a good comparison, as he certainly had very sharp utensils to cut it, though he had to delicately work his way under it as it was so tightly embedded into the skin of the neck.
    What puzzles me about the picture you are referring to, and it underscores the fact that I dislike looking at low resolution crime scene pictures, screen captures, scans etc., is that what many people have long considered to be a cut end appears to be round. This is a FLAT cord, not a round rope. Why is it then that it looks round?
    Could the low resolution, lighting, exposure and other issues be masking the possibility that itís not a cut end but yet another wrap around the paintbrush.
    In the pictures below I swapped two areas of the picture to show that because of quality issues we may have been fooled. Just spitballing, comments?

Original picture:

Areas to be swapped:

Final result after correcting for differences in lighting:

Two pictures of some of my climbing webbing with factory treated ends:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

The pictures are confusing. I actually don't think the area of the cord in question (within the two circles) are the ends. I think they are simply a BEND in the cord. At least that is what it looks like to me.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    The pictures are confusing. I actually don't think the area of the cord in question (within the two circles) are the ends. I think they are simply a BEND in the cord. At least that is what it looks like to me.
    I don't think cynic meant to imply there were two cord ends. There is only one end tied onto the wood and that's clear, to me, at least.

Here's a negative which might make things more clear:

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I don't think cynic meant to imply there were two cord ends. There is only one end tied onto the wood and that's clear, to me, at least.
    In the following post the red circle denotes what people think is a cut end, correct?
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...6&postcount=18

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    The two "black holes" are areas that I swapped. I think everyone would agree that the lower area is a bend, while quite a few people believe that the upper area is a cut end. I swapped the two to show that quality issues may mean that both are bends in the cord, just as you think they are. I suspect you are right because as I said, I don't see how a flat cord can appear round if cut other than the possibility of severe quality issues with the picture.
    Last edited by cynic; May 6, 2012, 8:52 pm at Sun May 6 20:52:41 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The two "black holes" are areas that I swapped. I think everyone would agree that the lower area is a bend, while quite a few people believe that the upper area is a cut end. I swapped the two to show that quality issues may mean that both are bends in the cord, just as you think they are. I suspect you are right because as I said, I don't see how a flat cord can appear round if cut other than the possibility of severe quality issues with the picture.
    Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you questioned the cut end being an actual end.

Well, I think it has simply flared a bit--the picture is quite enlarged...by me. I agree the quality of the photos are horrible. They're screen captures, I believe. At least, as far as I remember, nobody has put the digital photos themselves online. I could be wrong--long time ago when these started leaking out. Maybe someone leaked them online in such small frames the quality gets muddied when we enlarge them so much.

There have to be two ends to the cord, though, so let's see if we can put these together.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by koldkase; May 6, 2012, 10:20 pm at Sun May 6 22:20:47 UTC 2012.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Cynic, I see what you mean that the alleged sealed "end" of the cord may just be a bend in the wrapping of the cord that goes under the knot on the stick.

I took the photo and adjusted the dark exposure to lighten the areas around the stick. From the angle of the photo, it's hard to see if the cord goes under the other strands on the stick, but it's a possibility.

Do we know how Stansport seals the ends of their cords? Do they make them flat or round? There are flat tennis shoe strings that have round ends that are either sealed chemically or with a plastic cover. Would Stansport do something like that or make a "flat" seal like that on your webbing rope?

Now don't laugh, cynic. I've already admitted I'm a computer graphics dud....

But maybe this will explain what I mean by "two ends" to the ligature cord:

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

And here is the composite of the two pieces of broken paintbrush you helped me with, Cynic, but I rotated it so the section that is bent, flattened, and twisted shows up better. Maybe it gives us a better idea of how this was all done, piece by piece.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    [snip]
    Something happened between 1997 and 2007 when he appeared in the Spector trial.
    Either he became a soulless liar for hire or perhaps Mary Lacy invited him to one of her famous Boulder bong parties, and the rest is history.
    Never underestimate the bong.

It's all becoming clear now, cynic...how this case got so screwed up. It must have been one huge, Pentagramsey bong party, 24/7, in Boulder.

I think you have quite a collection of photographs, there, Tabloid Cynic! My, you must have enough to blackmail all of Team Ramsey.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Cynic, I see what you mean that the alleged sealed "end" of the cord may just be a bend in the wrapping of the cord that goes under the knot on the stick.

I took the photo and adjusted the dark exposure to lighten the areas around the stick. From the angle of the photo, it's hard to see if the cord goes under the other strands on the stick, but it's a possibility.

Do we know how Stansport seals the ends of their cords? Do they make them flat or round? There are flat tennis shoe strings that have round ends that are either sealed chemically or with a plastic cover. Would Stansport do something like that or make a "flat" seal like that on your webbing rope?
    It is difficult to tell, although I would think that Stansport would treat the flat cord with a flat seal. There is one way to find out, buy some. And that's what I did, I have some on order and I will take some pictures of the end when it arrives.