Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    This doesn't really look like cord. It is too rigid. It looks more like some kind of vinyl coated wire.
    As far as the window photos- there seem to be two different kind of basement windows in the house. One type opened awning-style and the other was a smaller style that had a wood grill or muntin separating the panes of glass and opened casement-style. I don't know which was in the train room, but the awning type would be almost impossible for an adult to get under. I seem to recall reading long ago that some of the basement windows had been replaced at some point. The problem with some of the photos is that some of the interior shots were obviously taken that day and some were taken after the Rs house had been emptied and whitewashed. I would hope that police did take photos of the window wells that day, but again- we don't know for sure.

Here is a graphic of the layout of the basement with teensy photos pointing to this and that. You'll notice in the upper right is a photo of that window which raises horizontally. I should have it somewhere in the original, larger version, but until/if I can find it, this is in our case library.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    ... until/if I can find it, this is in our case library.
    There is a picture over at ACR:

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    When you look at the narrow entrance to that window, one thing is for certain. Police would have been able to determine if someone had entered through there, just a few hours earlier, within seconds. You have to literally sit down in that space before entering the window ala Smit's demonstration. The intruder would have disrupted the dirt with his or hers hands, butt and legs. There is no nimble way to enter because it's so narrow. You, literally, would have to rest much of your lower half in the well and then scoot through the window thereby disrupting the debris resting there.

Obviously, the police were looking for an entrance since they noted the intact cobweb. ST notes the dirt was undisturbed so that should end the discussion. That dirt would have been strewn all over the place. Smit had to know this and, yet, he pushed the window theory.
    There's another consideration, Learnin: it was winter, snowing that night. If an intruder went to the Ramseys with a pre-planned attempt at whatever wild story Team Ramsey can conjure up, he still would have had some kind of coat on, or at least a jacket or outer vest. He would need pockets, would he not, to bring in tape, cord, and the "stun gun" Smit coveted so. Don't forget the ROPE! And the paper bag...oh, lord, what didn't that intruder bring? Other than a ransom note, flashlight, garrote, and a plan on how to get the child out one of the half dozen doors he passed going in and out (all unlocked, by the time the Ramseys finished changing their stories.)

My point is he would hardly have ventured to the crime scene without layered clothing. So add some kind of outer, cold weather apparel with pockets full of stuff...and squeezing through that window is without leaving plenty of fibers and other evidence he'd been there is even less believable.

If that string/wire/whatever figure in the well was there that morning, I can't believe LE wouldn't have collected it. Maybe it's in the search warrants?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Thank you! You da MAN, cynic!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

So not knowing how authentic these "crime scene" photos are, I'm left pondering if this little "string doll" was in the window well the night JonBenet was murdered, or was it something that got inside there later?

If it was in there the night JonBenet was killed, then was it something that came from the Ramseys? Or did it just blow in off the street?

And man, would I love to see that cord close up to compare to the cord used on JonBenet.

It looks like something from the Blair Witch project.

There's another consideration, Learnin: it was winter, snowing that night. If an intruder went to the Ramseys with a pre-planned attempt at whatever wild story Team Ramsey can conjure up, he still would have had some kind of coat on, or at least a jacket or outer vest. He would need pockets, would he not, to bring in tape, cord, and the "stun gun" Smit coveted so. Don't forget the ROPE! And the paper bag...oh, lord, what didn't that intruder bring? Other than a ransom note, flashlight, garrote, and a plan on how to get the child out one of the half dozen doors he passed going in and out (all unlocked, by the time the Ramseys finished changing their stories.)
    And a bag of freshly cut pineapple! And a packing peanut! And a red jacket that matched Patsy's and a blue Israeli-wool shirt like John's! Add ONE GLASS CASE WITH PILLOW for the ransom note to explain its lack of folding or bent corners!

By the time the intruder got all THAT in their pockets and under their coat, they'd have looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man!

Of course we know an intruder could only have brought the totally uncreased, pristine, ransom note with them IF he or she had been in the Ramsey home BEFORE that night and took the time to practice and write it with Patsy's pad and Sharpie pen, THEN left the house with it when he or she planned to return with his or her butt-load of accessories that happened to be EXACT matches of what the Ramseys already owned! :balloon:

Honestly, to believe in the Ramsey "intruder" you have to leave your brain at the door and believe the most ridiculously convoluted and twisted thinking imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewitch1 View Post
    It looks like something from the Blair Witch project.
    It does! Patsy did a lot of crafty projects for the kids' school stuff, no doubt for the church, as well. It makes me think of pipe cleaners, which sell in any craft store or dept. for all kinds of children's activities. But I don't think these are pipe cleaners.

Deedee, are you thinking specifically of a wrapped wire of some kind you have seen yourself? I can't think of something like that off the top of my head, but it sounds reasonable.

I don't guess we'll ever know what this is made of, if the crime scene techs collected it, or how and why it was constructed. But it seems rather important on its face, from a speculative POV. To me, anyway.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

This is only to clear up any confusion about this window's location in the basement:

The graph I posted above had me confused, at least, because it puts the photo in a general area with only ONE window indicated in the corner. But that window is perpendicular to a wall, not a door. Another similar window was in the so-called boiler room, next to the cellar room where the body was found, but it abutted the hot water heater and had one pane replaced by the "duct" from which the ghost scream was or was not heard by the neighbor.

So I went looking for where this window could actually be located. Here's a link to the Post's graphic illustration of the layout of the Ramsey basement, which I believe puts this window in the storage room at the top right room in this diagram. This window appears to be in that corner room, but not IN the corner of that space; rather it seems to be the one along the north wall: notice the window is beside a door, which in this diagram appears to go to a small closet.

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jonhouse1016b.htm

Wonder what was in that closet, BTW.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    And a bag of freshly cut pineapple! And a packing peanut! And a red jacket that matched Patsy's and a blue Israeli-wool shirt like John's! Add ONE GLASS CASE WITH PILLOW for the ransom note to explain its lack of folding or bent corners!

By the time the intruder got all THAT in their pockets and under their coat, they'd have looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man!

Of course we know an intruder could only have brought the totally uncreased, pristine, ransom note with them IF he or she had been in the Ramsey home BEFORE that night and took the time to practice and write it with Patsy's pad and Sharpie pen, THEN left the house with it when he or she planned to return with his or her butt-load of accessories that happened to be EXACT matches of what the Ramseys already owned! :balloon:

Honestly, to believe in the Ramsey "intruder" you have to leave your brain at the door and believe the most ridiculously convoluted and twisted thinking imaginable.
    Of course Intruder was visiting the house routinely. That's how he managed to sexually abuse the child for months in advance. In fact, I'm sure he has felt very guilty all these years for what he did, after the Ramseys went to so much trouble to cover for him by obstructing the investigation and attacking LE to discredit them at every turn. Boy, would the defense have loved THAT when Intruder was on trial! Reasonable doubt was a done deal for ANYONE other than a Ramsey after Haddon and Wood got done.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    While the bong has explained the twisted thinking of some IDIís such as Lacy, it was good of Lou to volunteer this story about his head injury which I believe explains a great deal of his thinking.
    Detective Smit joined the Colorado Springs Police Department in 1966. At the time, he fell a half-inch short of meeting the 5-foot-9 height requirement. He persuaded his cousin, who was on the force, to hammer him on the head with his nightstick, The New York Times Magazine reported in 2007. The resulting welt allowed him to meet the requirement when he was re-measured.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/14/us/14smit.html

So not knowing how authentic these "crime scene" photos are, I'm left pondering if this little "string doll" was in the window well the night JonBenet was murdered, or was it something that got inside there later?

If it was in there the night JonBenet was killed, then was it something that came from the Ramseys? Or did it just blow in off the street?

And man, would I love to see that cord close up to compare to the cord used on JonBenet.

I initially thought that DeeDeeís suggestion that this was vinyl covered wire was the most plausible explanation, but there does appear to be a narrowing in the red circled area that may be better explained with a flat cord edge. As always with these pictures, itís hard to be certain.

While the bong has explained the twisted thinking of some IDI’s such as Lacy, it was good of Lou to volunteer this story about his head injury which I believe explains a great deal of his thinking.
    Detective Smit joined the Colorado Springs Police Department in 1966. At the time, he fell a half-inch short of meeting the 5-foot-9 height requirement. He persuaded his cousin, who was on the force, to hammer him on the head with his nightstick, The New York Times Magazine reported in 2007. The resulting welt allowed him to meet the requirement when he was re-measured.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/14/us/14smit.html
    Bwaaahaaahaa!

OMG, I'd forgotten about that! Oh yes, my friends, that is a perfect example of Lou Smit's logic and critical thinking skills at work!

"Say, I need a half-inch added to my height. I think I'll have my cousin give me a good beat down on the head with a billy club until it raises a 1/2 inch welt, brain damage be damned!"
    Last edited by Cherokee; May 24, 2012, 10:44 pm at Thu May 24 22:44:51 UTC 2012.