Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The wire is the clear winner over the Stansport cord, and there is another reason why I say that.
    In order for there to be four ends you have to tie two pieces of the cord together in some fashion. Once you do that, regardless of how simply you tie the two pieces together, (and I tried a few different ways,) it adds quite a bit of “bulk” the joined area in comparison to wrapping two pieces of wire together. That "bulk" is not there in the crime scene picture.
    IMHO, vinyl-covered wire is the best candidate for the mystery object. It is difficult for any rope-like cord to maintain the straightness of the prong-like extensions shown in the photo unless there is something that reinforces the rigidity. Wire under the white vinyl coating would provide that.

The Ramseys bought the house on 15th Street in November 1991 and Patsy had the ugly stucco addition put on the original Tudor brick in 1992. There was lots of re-wiring done for the remodel, and it's conceivable the mystery object was some kind of wire left over from that project.
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 3, 2012, 10:08 pm at Sun Jun 3 22:08:21 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Cynic, thanks for your photo of the covered wire versus Stansport cord. Here's a rotated comparison of your covered wire and the mystery object. Opinions?
    Clever girl, Cherokee! A good comparison!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Clever girl, Cherokee! A good comparison!
    Thanks, Elle. Hopefully, it makes it a little bit easier to see the results of Cynic's excellent experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    This doesn't really look like cord. It is too rigid. It looks more like some kind of vinyl coated wire.
    As far as the window photos- there seem to be two different kind of basement windows in the house. One type opened awning-style and the other was a smaller style that had a wood grill or muntin separating the panes of glass and opened casement-style. I don't know which was in the train room, but the awning type would be almost impossible for an adult to get under. I seem to recall reading long ago that some of the basement windows had been replaced at some point. The problem with some of the photos is that some of the interior shots were obviously taken that day and some were taken after the Rs house had been emptied and whitewashed. I would hope that police did take photos of the window wells that day, but again- we don't know for sure.

Good for you, DeeDee, you nailed it!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Thanks, Elle. Hopefully, it makes it a little bit easier to see the results of Cynic's excellent experiment.
    It does! You are all so good with these photos Cherokee! If I was a real detective working on this case, I would come here and copy all your posts!
    Just my opinion.

Pack yourself off to the FBI, cynic. You're wasting your time here!
    Shh! We need him more than the FBI!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Sounds exciting. LOL

I'll give it a try.
    Here is a comparison of the Stansport cord and vinyl covered wire:

Here is the same shot but with a blur filter applied:

Oh, that Stansport cord you bought is handy! Clearly the mystery figure is much more narrow. Good job, peeps!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Shh! We need him more than the FBI!
    You can pack up and go too KK! You will be of great assistance to them! I would pin a medal on you if I had one! btw
    these little string figures remind me of the little stick figures I like to draw.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Just popped into my head after seeing the picture one more time! How about that being drinking straws? While I have a bundle of them at home now that are plastic material, I've seen straws made of a waxy type coating over paper. Maybe I'm just old enough to remember them that way but they did exist once upon a time. And they would have looked like that pinched or folded bit at the tip of the loop.
    After comparing cynic's photos to the original, I'm thinking it's too small to be a straw? But you make a good point about the pinch at the top. I don't think an electrician would let a wire crimp like that, would he/she?

Of course, if someone was using it for something else, maybe kids playing with some leftover...?

Add this to our list of things to check out when we break into...I mean, when the case is solved....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

You can pack up and go too KK! You will be of great assistance to them! I would pin a medal on you if I had one! btw
    these little string figures remind me of the little stick figures I like to draw.
    Oh, you're sweet, but I'd never make it in the FBI because I ask too many questions.

I agree on the stick figures. That's why I was thinking it looked like something kids might make in a craft exercise at school or something.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Could the white vinyl-coated wire thing have been used as a means of training a plant so that its branches grow a certain way?

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me View Post
    Could the white vinyl-coated wire thing have been used as a means of training a plant so that its branches grow a certain way?
    That could certainly be one use for that type of coated wire.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.