Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I get what you are saying, but I do know from my background working with knots, rope, webbing etc. that for reasons of aesthetics and neatness, you will often tuck loose ends in. I'm not saying definitively that's the case here, but I'm not entirely convinced that the crime scene picture is showing a treated end.
    Also, we may not be seeing the correct side of the handle and cord with the "end."
    You may well be right, though, who knows?
    Looking at the link with your cord illustrations on the other thread, I do notice the weave of the cord in the two sections of the photo of the "handle" you're comparing seem to be different. See if that makes sense:

Attached Images Attached Images  

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Also, the giant enlargement shows a shadow under the "end" piece of cord that looks to me like it's straight, rather than curved around the wood.

Here's a negative I did which may better illustrate this, if you follow the white line under the piece which may be the "end":

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Looking at a smaller picture of this cord on the handle, it may actually be able to better see the "flat" quality when the details aren't blurred into the white of the cord wrapped around it:

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Here are three photos we have of the garrote handle wrapped with the cord, all from different sides/angles:

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Let us into the evidence room I say. That would clear up a few things!

One end of my cord was sealed but had an irregular edge and yes that could, depending on lighting, picture angle, and resolution explain the crime scene picture.
    Overall, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the seals; my climbing equipment has far better seals.
    Excellent, excellent experiment, Cynic! Thank you.

I'm with you and KK on the evidence room soiree'! We could close this case in a New York minute if we were allowed to actually see what the Boulder DA has been hiding all these years, PLUS we wouldn't be hamstrung by only entertaining scenarios that include an intruder with the Ramseys innocent.

THAT is what has hampered this investigation from DAY ONE! Only evidence that would lead to letting the Ramseys off scot-free was given any weight, and that's what frustrated Steve Thomas (besides all the Ramsey back-room deals and shenanigans). Boulder buffoon, Mary Lacy, took Hunter's stalling a step further and ACTIVELY campaigned for only intruder evidence to be looked at, while anything that pointed to the Ramseys was shunted aside. Lacy was determined to find a way to exonerate the Ramseys, and by gum, she did it before she left office with a Hail Mary pass of the bogus "touch DNA." Oh man, now I'm mad all over again!!!

The first thing I want to see in that evidence room is the "touch DNA" report that Mary Lacy REFUSED to release to the public! Yes, REFUSED! She exonerated the main suspects and REFUSED to release any evidence to back up that exoneration!

Could it be Lacy's exoneration won't stand up to scrutiny? Could it be that the "touch DNA" allegedly found by Bode Labs is contamination and the DNA results can't be duplicated by an idependent lab? Why hasn't the media DEMANDED to see the DNA results that we have been REFUSED, and why haven't they DEMANDED Lacy's reasons for the REFUSAL?!!

Very good work, Cynic and thanks for sharing. I wonder why the perp tied the handle so close to JBR's hair that her hair got entangled? There's enough slack for the thing to be tied away from her head, no?

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Well, we know the Ramseys had sailboats, but those were in Charlevoix.

However, John had two planes in Boulder, counting his private plane and AG's private plane. I imagine there are uses for cord in securing things in a plane or hangar?

Of course, JAR, Burke, or John might one or all have been into camping. John took Burke fishing after his testimony to the Grand Jury, didn't he? Or something Burke did that John wanted to reward him, more or less, if memory serves. I'm thinking the Ramseys wrote about that in their book, though I wouldn't swear to it as I was in altering states of anger and catatonia while reading DOI. -->>-->>

Patsy did go into her "please be diverted by my rambling nonsense" mode in the '98 LE interview where she went on and on about how UPS and the US Mail didn't use that "gooey" tape anymore for packages blah blah blah.
    It says on one side of the Stansport package that the cord was:

Ideal for tents, hammocks, tarps
    boats and many other uses

The other package side reads:

All Outdoor Use
    Boating
    Camping
    Crabbing
    Awnings
    Tents

Hmmm, who do we know that has a nice big BOAT? And both sons were skilled Boy Scouts, with the older son even making Eagle Scout? And they did a lot of camping? And they liked to go fishing? Could it be .......
    THE RAMSEYS?!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've already offered my services to Tricia for a break-in :cowboy: but she didn't respond, so I'm guessing that's a No.
    Perhaps she's busy working out the logistics?
    Here's another issue with a currently manufactured cord similar to that used in the ligature: it's been 15 years, so no doubt some things have changed in the manufacturing process. The glues could be different. I know in the housing industry, materials are much different because of stricter environmental laws.
    In this case I'm pretty certain it was heat crimped.
    But this gives us a good idea about the source for that cord, as well as you have done the first recreation of that "wrap" and knot on the handle that I've seen. Exactly how did you do that? It's so similar to the original, minus a few wraps.
    My lawyer has advised me to not speak further on the issue , but between you and me, I just looked at the crime scene picture and played around until it looked right.
    It is definitely not a knot, although there are people who claim it resembles a prusik knot or other types it's not true in my opinion. It is a relatively random series of wraps, that's all.
    Maybe you could try to do that wrap with the cord end under the other wraps and see if that's possible? I mean, I know you have nothing else to do but obsess over this case with me....
    You pretty much have me pegged.

Looking at the link with your cord illustrations on the other thread, I do notice the weave of the cord in the two sections of the photo of the "handle" you're comparing seem to be different. See if that makes sense:
    It does look different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Excellent, excellent experiment, Cynic! Thank you.

I'm with you and KK on the evidence room soiree'! We could close this case in a New York minute if we were allowed to actually see what the Boulder DA has been hiding all these years, PLUS we wouldn't be hamstrung by only entertaining scenarios that include an intruder with the Ramseys innocent.

THAT is what has hampered this investigation from DAY ONE! Only evidence that would lead to letting the Ramseys off scot-free was given any weight, and that's what frustrated Steve Thomas (besides all the Ramsey back-room deals and shenanigans). Boulder buffoon, Mary Lacy, took Hunter's stalling a step further and ACTIVELY campaigned for only intruder evidence to be looked at, while anything that pointed to the Ramseys was shunted aside. Lacy was determined to find a way to exonerate the Ramseys, and by gum, she did it before she left office with a Hail Mary pass of the bogus "touch DNA." Oh man, now I'm mad all over again!!!

The first thing I want to see in that evidence room is the "touch DNA" report that Mary Lacy REFUSED to release to the public! Yes, REFUSED! She exonerated the main suspects and REFUSED to release any evidence to back up that exoneration!

Could it be Lacy's exoneration won't stand up to scrutiny? Could it be that the "touch DNA" allegedly found by Bode Labs is contamination and the DNA results can't be duplicated by an idependent lab? Why hasn't the media DEMANDED to see the DNA results that we have been REFUSED, and why haven't they DEMANDED Lacy's reasons for the REFUSAL?!!

Oh, great! Now you've got me hopping mad again, too!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Here are three photos we have of the garrote handle wrapped with the cord, all from different sides/angles:

The first picture (above) is a blurry mess. You could have the missing pages from Patsy's notepad folded up and hidden in there and you wouldn't see them.
    However, after taking another look at your last picture and comparing it to the orientation of the second picture, it looks as if I will have to concede defeat and agree with you that we are seeing a cord end. (Besides, crow with the right seasoning tastes pretty good, yes, it tastes like chicken.)

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I wonder why the perp tied the handle so close to JBR's hair that her hair got entangled? There's enough slack for the thing to be tied away from her head, no?
    It just goes to show you that this was NOT the "perfect murder," but it was the "perfect town."