Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    You have been busy cynic!
    Hi Elle, I suppose I have been taking a few pictures lately and yes that cord is indeed hollow as was the shoelace that I used over in KK’s thread.
    The Stansport cord is extremely similar to a hollow shoelace, at least the one that I was using.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...14&postcount=6
    The hollow shoelace:

The hollow Stansport cord:

Default What the ligature (erroneously called a garrote) looked like

While going through some old threads, I found this graphic I made several years ago trying to show what the ligature tied around JonBenet's neck looked like in totalilty. When viewed as a whole, the amateurish construction is evident.

One question that has been asked is why there was so much of JonBenet's hair caught in the knot of the ligature. Considering there were no fingerprints found on the Ransom Note, the Maglite flashlight (and batteries) had all been wiped clean of prints, and no other real fingerprint results have been released, it would lead to the conclusion that the perpetrator wore some type of gloves.

Could those gloves have been some type of disposable latex (or rubber) gloves used to help dye hair? That could explain the fumbling and tangling of JonBenet's hair in the ligature knot as it would be more difficult to tie the cord using gloves instead of bare fingers.

Obviously, Patsy would have had latex or rubber gloves in the house to dye JonBenet's hair and/or touch up her roots. JonBenet's normal hair color was light brown. Patsy had JonBenet's hair dyed platinum blonde. In the photos taken Christmas morning 1996, you can see JonBenet's dark roots showing through.

Latex gloves would also help disguise a person's handwriting, especially if they were semi-ambidextrous and wrote with the other hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 5, 2012, 2:07 pm at Tue Jun 5 14:07:39 UTC 2012.

To add to the Stansport collection - a photo of the loose cord ties around JonBenet's wrists. Note the ragged ends of the cord where it was cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    While going through some old threads, I found this graphic I made several years ago trying to show what the ligature tied around JonBenet's neck looked like in totalilty. When viewed as a whole, the amateurish construction is evident.

One question that has been asked is why there was so much of JonBenet's hair caught in the knot of the ligature. Considering there were no fingerprints found on the Ransom Note, the Maglite flashlight (and batteries) had all been wiped clean of prints, and no other real fingerprint results have been released, it would lead to the conclusion that the perpetrator wore some type of gloves.

Could those gloves have been some type of disposable latex (or rubber) gloves used to help dye hair? That could explain the fumbling and tangling of JonBenet's hair in the ligature knot as it would be more difficult to tie the cord using gloves instead of bare fingers.

Obviously, Patsy would have had latex or rubber gloves in the house to dye JonBenet's hair and/or touch up her roots. JonBenet's normal hair color was light brown. Patsy had JonBenet's hair dyed platinum blonde. In the photos taken Christmas morning 1996, you can see JonBenet's dark roots showing through.

Latex gloves would also help disguise a person's handwriting, especially if they were semi-ambidextrous and wrote with the other hand.
    Good point about the hair dye gloves. Also, there could have been some rubber dish washing gloves in the house which would, also, have been cumbersome.

I think the hair in the knot could, possibly, indicate panic and not a cold blooded sex fiend. I would think a cold blooded killer would have the wherewithal to brush the hair aside to tie the knot cleanly. Of course, if there was some sort of sex game going on before the head blow then that could explain it, also.

Just to keep relevant evidence discussion threads handy, here's a thread where about the cord ends being cut, etc.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ad.php?t=10084

Chero, if you don't mind, would you add your excellent composite of the garrote photos to the case library? I think it needs to be there for reference.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.