Ramsey house in Charlevoix

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Here is some minor news for you. John Ramsey had said that he was painting his house preparatory to selling it. Welp, it has gone on sale, and we can get a good solid gander at the excessive decorating legacy Patsy left behind. She seemed to have decided that a tiny house in Charlevoix could be turned in Versailles, Jr. I can only hope that someone can tell me whether or not a good, simple, modest Christian couple ordinarily finds it appropriate to decorate their dining room with a pair of giant, bronze, nude boy statues.

http://www.realestateone.com/content/PropertyDetail.asp?listingNumber=h420034

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

hahahahaaa...good grief...even the kitchen breakfast bar has Louis something type furniture!

I suppose their are people who find this gaudy style attractive....I think it looks like a museum...not a home.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I would never describe the Ramseys as a good, simple, modest Christian couple, Why_Nut.

4. Why_Nut

Hmmm, I think we can see a lead forming before our eyes as to John Ramsey's plans for his future. We know he has put the Charlevoix house up for sale. But where would he move to? Why sell it in such a bad economy when he claimed to have loved Charlevoix and Michigan sooooooo much he dared to suggest to the taxpayers that they support him in his love by electing him to a government office? Why not stay put in Charlevoix if it was worth buying a total of THREE homes there over time?

The penny drops. I noticed recently that John has resumed his frequent flights to the Adams Field, Arkansas airport. Why that location, one which was not associated generally with his family history in any way?

Ahhhhh. Right. When was the last time he spent a great deal of flying to Adams Field? Correct -- it was the period of time from August to December of 2007, when he was courting Beth Holloway Twitty rather vigorously. Now, let us put another piece into the puzzle. John also made a visit to Rochester International Airport in November of this year, just as he did in November of 2007 during his frequent visits with Beth. That airport seems to be associated with only one reason John goes there -- to visit the Mayo Clinic. Last year the visible result was a blepharoplasty, an eye job, cosmetic surgery.

So, shall we speculate a little? Maybe John has tried to ignite some sparks with Beth again, has had his physical features tweaked a bit more to make himself look good for his sweetie, and is now ready to move to Arkansas to live near or even WITH Beth? Could this be an indication that John has truly decided that JonBenet's and Patsy's legacies are of no interest to him either sentimentally or personally?

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Well, if anything could be OVERDONE, Patsy overdid it ... from ransom notes to alleged decorating. Those Louis XIV bar stools are ridiculous, and that dining room is a full frontal assault on good taste. The whole thing looks like the bastid child of Southern Living magazine and Marie Antoinette on crack.

Poor Patsy. She tried so hard, but she tried TOO hard. And what is it with Patsy's fantasy French pretentions? JonBenet, Jacques, JonBenet taking French, attache', and hellishly ornate Louis XIV furniture, to name a few.

Perhaps Patsy had a Marie Antoinette complex - the beauty queen and the French queen; one writes about beheading, the other lived it; one loves scarves and things about her neck, the other lost hers.

"Let them eat cake, pal. I'm not answering those questions."

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  6. Cherokee

Oh my goodness. John living in Arkansas? Away from his beloved Charlevoix. Say it ain't so!

Thanks, Why_Nut, for the above photos and the flight information. I was just thinking this past week I needed to check John's flight logs to see what he'd been up to recently.

I wonder what "tweaking" John had done this time. He'd better be careful. He'll end up looking like Burt Reynolds or Joan Rivers, and his eyes will be pulled so tight, they'll meet in the back of his head. Of course, that might be an improvement.

Maybe he had a tongue tuck. We can only hope. It would be great if they could sew half of that ugly thing in his mouth so it didn't come out past his chin every seven seconds. I still have nightmares.

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Ouch, my eyes, my eyes. Good grief, what was it with that crazy Patsy????

Could it be any uglier?????? I just love it; thanks WN, I needed that laugh even though I thought I would have to poke my own eyes out.

As far as John and Beth Holloway Twitty, perhaps she refused to continue their relationship until he was cleared by Lacy. Just a thought. And the plastic surgery sure helps his cause too

Nude boys and the mammy lololololol Oh, I just can't stop laughing...oh make it stop

8. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

what...

What the heck is that hood ornament over the stove? I guess every surface needed something.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

It certainly is early American ugly, isn't it?

I've said it before and I will say it again...all of Patsy's taste was in her mouth!

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I guess we've all got different tastes but what I'm SURPRISED about more than anything is the fact that the wall units are totally different from the base units - is that a design feature in the US?

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

If he is back "seeing" Beth is is probably more along the lines of offering support to Beth over the new Joran Vandersloot interviews about how he sold Natalie into prostitution or whatever the He11 story Joran is pedaling this month!

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Not that I've ever noticed before, Jayelles. Of course, people can do what they choose. I wouldn't dream of breaking up the color scheme for the cabinets that way, but Patsy was on the cutting edge of home decor, I suppose.... Tres trashe! :floor:

Yes, Rat, those bar chairs at the kitchen counter/table are a nightmare. It is really too much. They match nothing. It will be interesting to see if they sell this house quickly. I can see the mother/daughter team on HGTV going through this house, evaulating the decor. "Those chairs HAVE to go! And the nubian-tacky statues...OUT! A mammy lamp? NO WAY. What happens if a black family comes to view the house? Oh...they probably don't HAVE black families in ChrarleVOIX...AND THAT'S A FRENCH NAME AS WELL, n'est-ce pas? Surely Patsy didn't choose CharleVOIX because of its name...like JonBenet? :yes:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~micharle/cx-01.htm

13. koldkase

I canNOT imagine Beth being so naive, after all she has been through, as to imagine John Ramsey isn't even SUSPCIOUS for the cover up, at least, of his own child's murder. Poor Beth has been through hell. I truly hope she isn't borrowing trouble by aligning herself with Ramsey.

14. koldkase

Okay, my mind not being what it was once--probably a good thing--when exactly did the Ramseys sell their "cottage" they bought, the one bathroom, modest little home? Maybe they just bought that one for the "sympathy" of it. Poor Ramseys, living in an ACTUAL SMALL HOME, with ONE BATHROOM. I remember wondering how precious Patsy was going to manage THAT. She didn't, I guess, not for long, as you say they sold it? I was looking at the photos on the "for sale" site for this latest home thinking, I don't remember their "cottage" being 3600 sq. ft..... I totally missed it when they sold that one, I guess....

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

KK - we saw how Patsy treated the kids that were selling Scout Cookies in her Boulder neighborhood.......tossed right under the bus as being out of place just because the kids were black. The Mammy Lamp does surprise me, but NOT the nude child statute.....

I just have to ignore the possibility of John and Beth......to me, that is like Robert Blake hooking up with Tricia!!! Not in the realm of reality!

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Actually, it is. Around my area, (the greater NY/NJ/Metropolitan area) it is done quite often. Sometimes a center island will be a different color than the cabinets, and sometimes it will have a different material as a countertop. I know someone with an exquisite kitchen (not fussy or faux-Versailles) where the center island/counter has carrera marble and cream glazed wood base, and the rest of the kitchen has the top cabinets cream glazed wood and the bottom cabinets are dark cherry. The countertops on the rest on the counters are granite. The effect is beautiful, and it all works together.
    No Mammy lamps, though. Thank God.

17. Why_Nut

John Ramsey sells Charlevoix home

Not knowing where else to put this at the moment, a tangential bit of news is in seeing John Ramsey has found a buyer for his Charlevoix house according to property records. So ol' John will be on the move soon.

18. Cherokee

Thanks for this information. Do you have the closing date for the house?

I wonder where John will end up now. Arkansas?

WhyNut, do you have anything else on John's financial records? With all of the economic upheaval right now, and the government investigating overseas tax loopholes and accounts, I was wondering where John might be in all this. He used to take all those trips to Europe when he was with Lockheed/Access Graphics. I mean, the guy has been unemployed for over 12 years now, and he has no employment possibilities for the future. He claims to be broke, but he still has his plane and lives fairly well. Where does all the money come?

19. Why_Nut

Well, now, let us see.

On June 27, 2006, three days after Patsy died, John took out a mortgage on the Charlevoix house for $120,600. Nothing much seemed to happen after that until this year. January 20th, a couple by the name of Schodde bought the house and took out a mortgage of 286,400 on it. John then paid off his mortgage on February 18th. I think we can all expect that John's days of million-dollar abodes is over. He probably moved to Little Rock (as that newspaper article stated) because the cost of living is less than in a pricey vacation town like Charlevoix.

That, as yet, is all I have on John's finances with regard to his presumably largest investment at the moment. What can have an eye kept on it, though, are two leads. First -- monitor his pilot's certification. Right now John and Burke both have their licenses listed with the 213 Elm Charlevoix address. John's license expires November of 2009. He might change that before his license expires, and certainly would have to if he does renew it. This would give a lead as to his address, which can then be explored for the purchase price, which would be a further indicator of financial health.

Second, keep an eye on his plane's tail number, N2059W. If he sells it, we would probably see the for-sale notice pop up somewhere. If not that, at least we would see a change in address and ownership info on the part of whoever would have bought it. If nothing changes at all re: the plane, then we can also figure John is keeping at least enough dollars coming in to feed the plane its fuel and keep it stored somewhere.

Oh, and another fun little fact about John's plane -- you can see John piloting it for yourself. A photographer in Atlanta took some pictures of John's plane on December 21, 2006, though I have no idea whether John knew this was happening or not. Check this out:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/057269L.html

20. Elle

Elle Member

That's a real nice plane!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice