Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Okay, I"m going to answer my own question: what else is in this book?

I actually got a copy, so I've read some of it. I'm sure Tricia thinks I'm going to have something to add to the drama on her program tonight, but right now, I'm stuck on STUTTERING!!!

I'm only through about 80 pages and I can't believe how we've been duped. Well, not all of us, but it wasn't for lack of them trying.

The book is easy to read and in fact, starts with an intruder scenario so well written in terms of sheer entertainment, I saw it like a movie in my head. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if I didn't always know where Kolar's depiction was originating, the evidence he was using to set up what clearly is a Lou Smit-like attempt to explain how a foreign faction committed these crimes. It's so well written, I even enjoyed it--as fiction.

Then Kolar gets into the case proper: bits of evidence we've wondered about for years start tumbling out. He's put together an excellent summation of the crime from the beginning, streamlined and succinct, yet rather complete for all the distractions he could have gotten lost in. It's a good revisiting of the case without all the BS we have waded through for 15 years.

By the chapter on the autopsy, my jaw was on the floor.

What it took us ordinary, non-expert citizens 15 years of our lives to dig out of all the conflicting information, LE knew in Boulder on Day Two. No wonder the word most often used to describe the Ramseys by the confused public in the early years was arrogant. I don't know when Patsy and John figured out they were untouchable, but my guess is it was when Hunter announced no indictments.

It's just my opinion, but there is no reason at all that the Ramseys shouldn't have been arrested the moment they set foot back in Colorado, if for nothing else but to nail them for child abuse. Kolar may have a different take on that, but I'll have to keep reading to find out.

I will say Kolar is a good storyteller. He's straightforward and has an eye for the simplest detail that gives the people peppered into this case a humanity. Whether it's the setting or a personal element that gives perspective to what is going on around them, he draws you in, which is what good writing does.

I have peeked ahead and some things that have popped out at me had my blood boiling.

So I highly recommend the book, but only if you get yourselves to the doctor for some blood pressure meds and anxiety pills.

Because if what I've read so far and the video Carol put up for us today is any indication, I'm booking a month at the Last Resort for People with a Conscience.

Until I can get a copy, I sure would appreciate you posting what you've read so far, such as this. TIA, KK.

Prior sexual abuse was affirmed.

In Kolar’s book, he says he reviewed transcripts of police intervews with at least five physicians and forensic pathologists from around the country who were shown photographs of injuries taken from JonBenet’s autopsy report. Their conclusion, writes Kolar, was that JonBenet had been “subjected to sexual intrusion” some time before her death, and that “digital penetration was consistent with this type of injury.”
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post

In Kolar’s book, he says he reviewed transcripts of police intervews with at least five physicians and forensic pathologists from around the country who were shown photographs of injuries taken from JonBenet’s autopsy report. Their conclusion, writes Kolar, was that JonBenet had been “subjected to sexual intrusion” some time before her death, and that “digital penetration was consistent with this type of injury.”
    We all suspected this JC, didn't we? What will John Ramsey's reactions be with this latest book, I wonder(?). Will he try and sue him?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post

Oh good grief, JC! I'm speechless!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewitch1 View Post
    Until I can get a copy, I sure would appreciate you posting what you've read so far, such as this. TIA, KK.
    I'll be happy to have that discussion, as I'm not trying to be a tease.

But I do want to give Kolar his thunder tonight on Tricia's program first. He may not care, but I don't want to step on toes.

Some things Carol wrote about though, that are pretty important:

After years of waiting for fresh leads in a case that has seemingly dried up, Ramsey watchers will either rejoice or be repelled by Kolar’s book, depending on who they think killed her. It puts forth a supposed trove of investigative leads Kolar says undermines the theory that there was an intruder the night of the murder. He details his theory that a child’s toy, rather than a stun gun, was the possible source of two marks on JonBenet’s back. He discusses other DNA evidence found at the crime scene, including on the murder weapon, a garrote made from cord and used to strangle her. And then there’s the cobweb.
    I haven't gotten to the DNA on the murder weapon yet. Can't WAIT to read that.

And also I haven't gotten to the "marks" which are NOT from a stun gun. ARG. Maybe Zoomama or cynic can talk about that?

Truly, I've had such an information overload the last two days, my brain hurts.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Lightbulb

Oh and me too! the courage it has taken for both of these women to hang tough over these past months and years is wonderful. Now let's all hear what news Chief Kolar has to tell us. Can't wait.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Sorry--I was busy and couldn't post.

I'll tell you what the huge thing was that I noticed--over all these years, I have never heard anyone definitively say that investigators knew what the murder weapon was--yes there were theories about the flashlight or JBR smashing her head on the bathtub. This article talks about DNA found on the MURDER WEAPON AND the rope around JBR's neck. Yes we knew about fibers, but DNA? Does this mean the investigators know now for sure what the murder weapon was, and that a certain IDENTIFIED person's DNA was recovered from it? This is HUGE, if true.

I will share something that I learned from someone "close to the case" but not directly involved, very early on. I was told that DNA was taken from the back of the duct tape, and it matched a certain person who said they never touched the duct tape. About a year after I got this information, a story came out in one of the tabs that fibers from Patsy's vest were found on the back of the duct tape. I always wondered if my friend got that mixed up with DNA, and I just forgot about it. Now this article seems to be saying there was DNA found in the garrote, the murder weapon, and "other places." Let's just say I am curious. We knew about fibers, but if DNA was found on items Patsy couldn't have touched if she wasn't involved--then that is BIG

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

That video alone is AWESOME.

The hole is not only so large, but so JAGGED it would be a shock to find someone dressed in thick clothing to fight off the cold of winter would not leave a massive amount of fiber evidence on the edges as their hand and arm scraped past all those edges to reach for the latch inside.

Hey, wait. There were cobwebs actually strung between different jagged edges of the pane glass? And somehow this putative intruder managed not to scrape them off onto their sleeve when reaching through the hole?

Ordering Kolar's book now.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

KK--you noticed the same thing I did!

Smile

Quite by accident I found the book on Amazon about 2 weeks ago, ordered it then called Tricia to tell her about finding it. She had sworn me to secrecy and threat of beating me to a pulp if i spoke about it. I haven't until this very moment. I've read all 506 pages and loved it from start to finish. While many answers are there for all the questions we have asked over these many years it is best to read from beginning to the end and not skip around in the chapters. It reads better that way.

In the video on DB the "toy" that caused the marks is seen. That is just a hint and I really don't want to spoil it for Chief Kolar or Tricia on the show which is about to start.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 18, 2012, 7:42 pm at Wed Jul 18 19:42:11 UTC 2012. Reason: clarification
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by fr brown View Post
    I'd like to know what kind of a toy Kolar thinks made the back marks.
    Years ago after JB was murdered, word was, the marks were
    made from JB's weaving toy. The kind you make potholders.
    It has little prongs that matched the marks on her body.
    The little loops that was found in JB's room was what was used
    to make the potholders.
    The stooges called them hair ties.

Most of the early information about this case is gone.
    Now, I see why.

kk (kay)

I think it needs to be emphasized that James Kolar went into the investigation with a totally open mind. He had no preconceived notions about Ramsey innocence or guilt. Kolar started working for the DA's office as a "fence sitter" in the Ramsey case.

Several times on Tricia's radio show, Kolar used the phrase, "when he came down off the fence ..."

Kolar worked in the DA's office for two years and saw ALL of the evidence. What he saw in those evidence files made him come down off the fence on the side of there being NO INTRUDER and that the family had to be looked again.

That is a very powerful statement.