Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    As of 10 a.m. this morning, Kolar's book and news article has been picked up by 104 media sources and is being spread all over the internet!!!

Just a few of the major media organizations now carrying the story:

The Associated Press
    Huffington Post
    CBSNews
    Washington Post
    Vancouver Sun
    Modesto Bee
    Denver Post
    Arizona Daily Star
    Seattle Times
    Miami Herald
    Philadelphia Inquirer
    Minneapolis Star Tribune
    Washington Times

Oh goody.

Well, at the least if people want to know the truth and read his book, or even come to the forums for info and discussion, Kolar has done what he hoped: informed the public, as I believe he wrote, to move us closer to the truth.

Sometimes all you can do is tell the truth, wherever good people are listening.

Congrats to Kolar, Tricia, and Carol. A job well done.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Another "Daily" weighs in, this time a Camera rather than a Beast.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...et-ramsey-book

Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book

By Mitchell Byars Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 07/18/2012 09:34:53 PM MDT
    July 19, 2012 4:11 AM GMTUpdated: 07/18/2012 10:11:38 PM MDT

[SNIP]

In "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" Kolar draws upon his access to records, interviews, photos and video to make his argument against an intruder kidnapping JonBenet.

"My theory definitely went against an intruder," Kolar said. "There was strong physical evidence that discounted the intruder theory as it existed."

[SNIP]

"I left with the understanding and impression that the DA's office was totally sold on the intruder theory in spite of the evidence I pointed to," he said.

Investigators have pointed to unmatched DNA found on JonBenet as evidence of an intruder. Kolar said it's "false hope to think DNA samples point to an actual perpetrator."

"Too many people have hung their hat on that," he said.

[SNIP]

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Kolar sent him a copy of the book, and he's read about 55 pages so far. Beckner was a commander in October 1997 when then-Chief Tom Koby assigned him to take over management of the Ramsey investigation.

Beckner said he doesn't think Kolar's theory will be new to anyone familiar with the case.

"I think, you know, if you go back to the history of this case, that has always been one of the theories of the case that has been investigated and been out there," Beckner said. "So I don't know why that is a surprise at this point."

Beckner said the Ramsey case remains open but is not actively being investigated. Detectives follow up on fresh tips occasionally or look at evidence again when someone comes up with a new idea on how to approach it, he said.

"I'd classify it as a cold case," Beckner said.

Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he is not specifically concerned about Kolar's book.

"One of the problems with the Ramsey case has been the extensive public debate in a very unfocused environment," he said. "So this is not any more significant than any of my concerns about public discussions of the Ramsey case."

Garnett said he has received a copy of the book but has not read it yet, "so I can't say if it is mainly speculation or not."

[SNIP]

Garnett said the case is a Boulder police investigation, and unless new evidence comes up, his office's priority must remain on current cases.

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

"We're very interested in cold cases if we have evidence," he said. "We're not going to file charges on theories or books or people speculating back and forth, but is there admissible evidence, and I don't think there is in the Ramsey case."
    Thank you for posting this Cynic! Listened to the broadcast for the first two hours last night. It was good you got the chance to express your concerns, but James Kolar had to watch what he said very carefully, didn't he? So we are not really any further forward in arresting any of the Ramseys, are we?

[SNIP]

Garnett said the case is a Boulder police investigation, and unless new evidence comes up, his office's priority must remain on current cases.

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

"We're very interested in cold cases if we have evidence," he said. "We're not going to file charges on theories or books or people speculating back and forth, but is there admissible evidence, and I don't think there is in the Ramsey case."
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Years ago after JB was murdered, word was, the marks were
    made from JB's weaving toy. The kind you make potholders.
    It has little prongs that matched the marks on her body.
    The little loops that was found in JB's room was what was used
    to make the potholders.
    The stooges called them hair ties.

Most of the early information about this case is gone.
    Now, I see why.

kk (kay)
    I remember reading about those marks from the weaving toy kk(kay).
    Crafty having the earlier information removed. Dirty digits at work!
    Just my opinion.

[SNIP]

Beckner said he doesn't think Kolar's theory will be new to anyone familiar with the case.

"I think, you know, if you go back to the history of this case, that has always been one of the theories of the case that has been investigated and been out there," Beckner said. "So I don't know why that is a surprise at this point."

[snip]
    This explains a lot: Beckner has been in a coma for the last 10 years.

Who knew?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    And isn't it sad that no one is looking?

Just as we always thought- NO ONE is investigating this case, despite the blah blah lip service from the "new" DA. Same as the OLD DAs IMO. The RST got to him too. Don't they realize it is so obvious WHY they won't/can't investigate the Rs?

Patsy is dead and BR is not prosecutable. The END.

But at the very least we could have hoped for witness tampering or obstruction of justice.
    I don't know where we go from here, DeeDee (?). I'm at a loss as to what really happens now (?). Obviously James Kolar's book is being sold like hot cakes. He seemed a bit afraid to come right out and say what he wanted to. Hesitated and then said he preferred not to talk about that part.
    Good grief, we've waited for months to hear it!
    I think the Ramseys are now "The Untouchables!" :( The DA is not going to do a damn thing!

Kolar's book will at least inform the world the Ramsey's were responsible, NO INTRUDER!
    Just my opinion.

Exclamation

Here is a quote that I found most impressive and perhaps a bit scary from the book: Page 423 in Chapter THEORY OF PROSECUTION

"The conclusion voiced about what likely occurred in the home that evening were based upon my analysis of the behavioral clues, family statements, and physical evidence that had been gathered over the course of the investigation. The theory outlined a suggested motive for the cover-up of JonBenet's death. I found the totality of the circumstances comprising the investigative theory to be rather disquieting and too disturbing in my opinion, to express in a public forum...Some portions of the theory regarding the behavioral aspect of the crime were of a highly speculative nature, and I felt they are better reserved for a presentation to a trained law enforcement audience."

I thought of asking Chief Kolar that very question last night but then since he couldn't put it in print I thought he wouldn't answer it on the air either. It is a scary thought of what that might be. But I suspect we could flesh it out hopefully some day.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I remember reading about those marks from the weaving toy kk(kay).
    Crafty having the earlier information removed. Dirty digits at work!
    From what I've heard, I believe Kolar says in his book that it wasn't the loom that was responsible for the marks on JonBenet's cheek and back, but toy train tracks.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 22, 2012, 4:18 pm at Sun Jul 22 16:18:47 UTC 2012.

He certainly didn't want to talk about Burke.

I ordered his book last nite, but it will be the first or second week of August before I get it.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    He certainly didn't want to talk about Burke.
    No, he didn't. I think there are several reasons for that.

It's interesting to make a list of what the Ramseys don't want to talk about or have tried to distance themselves from:

• Prior sexual abuse to JonBenet before the night she was killed
    • Burke possibly injuring JonBenet, even accidentally
    • Patsy's handwriting/linguistics matching the ransom note

That kind of behavior very much matches the staging of the crime scene with its similar pattern of, "Look! Over there!" in order to deflect interest from real evidence and the truth of what happened to JonBenet.

Based on the evidence he has seen, Kolar says he has a theory of what happened the night JonBenet was killed, but he does not divulge it in his book, nor would he reveal it in our discussion on Tricia's radio show. I'm sure that is for legal reasons. Kolar does say he was a fence sitter when he began working the case, but after two years, he came down off the fence on the side of there being NO INTRUDER and that the family should be looked at more closely. Kolar does not believe JonBenet's death was premeditated.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 22, 2012, 4:21 pm at Sun Jul 22 16:21:31 UTC 2012.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Angry This...

[SNIP]

In "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" Kolar draws upon his access to records, interviews, photos and video to make his argument against an intruder kidnapping JonBenet.

"My theory definitely went against an intruder," Kolar said. "There was strong physical evidence that discounted the intruder theory as it existed."

[SNIP]

"I left with the understanding and impression that the DA's office was totally sold on the intruder theory in spite of the evidence I pointed to," he said.

Investigators have pointed to unmatched DNA found on JonBenet as evidence of an intruder. Kolar said it's "false hope to think DNA samples point to an actual perpetrator."

"Too many people have hung their hat on that," he said.

[SNIP]

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Kolar sent him a copy of the book, and he's read about 55 pages so far. Beckner was a commander in October 1997 when then-Chief Tom Koby assigned him to take over management of the Ramsey investigation.

Beckner said the Ramsey case remains open but is not actively being investigated. Detectives follow up on fresh tips occasionally or look at evidence again when someone comes up with a new idea on how to approach it, he said.

"I'd classify it as a cold case," Beckner said.

Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he is not specifically concerned about Kolar's book.

"One of the problems with the Ramsey case has been the extensive public debate in a very unfocused environment," he said. "So this is not any more significant than any of my concerns about public discussions of the Ramsey case."

Garnett said he has received a copy of the book but has not read it yet, "so I can't say if it is mainly speculation or not."

[SNIP]

This in bold makes me LIVID...Garnett first blames some false "very unfocused environment" with the extensive public debate as one of the problems with this case. Seriously, Stan?! Pay attention to case facts rather than adding to them!!! Then he throws the citizens of Boulder under that Bus as so callous that they don't want to even hear about this case so therefore he has other important matters...wow...I would be even more offended if I was the victim's Father...oh wait, that would be John Ramsey so guessing he is overjoyed to hear this news.

What A Mess. That said, Thank you, Chief Kolar We will do our best to continue our very focused public & extensive debate now with the help of more facts that you, your morals and conscience have provided!

RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default Omg !!!

Holy Chit !!!

Wow, Wow, Wow !!

Hello everybody!! I feel like a stranger here, sorry, I haven't been in good health, which unfortunately has kept me from keeping up on many of the cases online that I've been following over the years, but my heart has always been with seeking Justice for JonBenet.

I am blown away by that police video posting on the Daily Beast!!

OMG, to think of all those videos they tried to shove down our throats over the years, between Michael Tracey's crap, and Lou Smit and his $40,000 shadow talking about that window. Unbelievable that we can now see exactly what that window looked like that morning. Popcorn, my A$$!!

I know many of the newer people following this case can't begin to imagine all the crap team Ramsey tried to ram down our throats over the years, but I've never wavered not for one bit on any theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet.

OMG, and now, after 15 years, to see the cob webs on that window !!

Thank you James Kolar for your book, and Steve Thomas before you.
    And everybody else who fought for truth and justice for JonBenet!!
    If there's an obsession, it's an obsession with wanting to know the truth.

Unfortunately, several years ago I had to take a large section of my JonBenet case archive files off line due to finances but I'm going to try and find a way to get them back online, especially the hundreds of screen captures I did of the multitude of videos and media shows.

ACR
    ACandyRose (aka ACR)

ACandyRose Timelines:
    Erica Lynn Parsons Case Timeline Index
    http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm
    JonBenet Ramsey Archive still here after 17 years !!
    http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm
    http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    This explains a lot: Beckner has been in a coma for the last 10 years.

Who knew?
    You should have warned me before that post, now I need a new keyboard.

It's great the truth is coming out, and I'm glad that someone has the guts to tell it.

I've been told over yonder I'm unbalanced, so I guess you can take anything I say with that in mind.

BobC, I totally agree with you about Lacy. We've discussed her fondness for not prosecuting sex offenders so I guess it shouldn't surprise us that she didn't do anything but apologize to the Ramseys because they killed their daughter. The Karr mess was something else. She should have been thrown out of office for that. Well, she should have never been in the office to begin with, but I digress.

KoldKase, are you telling me to get my Klonopin filled before I read this book? Maybe ask for a few extra refills for everyone? LOL

O/T: I've missed you all and hope everyone is well. Been busy fighting cancer and raising the grandbabies. So, I'm sorry I haven't been around much.

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.