Westword: Michael Tracey, CU prof in JMK debacle, gets negative job evaluations!

Discussion in 'The Truth About Colorado University Journalism Pr' started by Cherokee, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...ey_john_mark_carr_negative_cu_evaluations.php

Michael Tracey, CU prof in Ramsey family-John Mark Karr debacle: Negative job evaluations

By Michael Roberts
    Wed., Jul. 18 2012 at 6:54 AM

Remember Michael Tracey? He's the CU journalism professor whose obsession with the JonBenét Ramsey murder helped lead to a media frenzy over false confessor John Mark Karr back in 2006. Could his apparent disinterest in actual student instruction have finally caught up with him? One possible indication: two consecutive negative job evaluations, which will trigger what's termed an "extensive post-tenure review."

The info comes to us courtesy of CompleteColorado.com's Todd Shepherd, whose report, headlined "CU Professor Involved in John Mark Karr Arrest Rated 'Below Expectations'" features the pair of evaluations; they appear below. Shepherd also spoke with CU Boulder spokesman Bronson Hilliard (disclosure: a longtime friend of yours truly), who confirms that two consecutive below-expectations evals typically trigger a review of the individual in question.

[snip]

(Read the full article at link provided above.)

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

But he seemed so competent and thorough. I never saw this one coming.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:floor: Ha ha, always have loved your sense of humor, Bob!

Yeah, and if you read the rest of the article, CU is even in the process of shutting down their School of Journalism. Hmmm, what are they going to do with Tracey then?

From the article:

"Since then, the CU journalism department has officially shut down, with a transition underway that's intended to ready graduates in the field for its changing demands. Does Tracey have a place in this new paradigm?"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I spied on him one afternoon at the Hungry Toad Tavern. He was such a pompous Jack-- that I couldn't stand listening to him yammer for more than a minute of two. Speaking of yammering, is Miss Jameson still slithering about? Or has she gone to that Great Oil Slick in the Sky?

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm sure she'll slither back to join the RST cry against the truth.

And JOB Ramsey was so close to complete control of how we get our news....

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Yes, she is still slithering about. She is now a member at ForumMotion, a new JBR forum that was started by a topix poster, Mama2JML. Luckily, it is closed to the public for reading so the IDI and RDI bashing propaganda is shared only amongst themselves. They convene to plan their attacks and then go directly to topix to implement them and bash Tricia and anyone else that they don't like, so it's the same old, same old with different names/hats.

Jams has been posting there and possibly other places too. Mame is also a member there as is Old South/mBm and even biz and more, too many to name all in one post. In order to bash FFJ, they even befriended Candy, even after she was calling them hillbillies LOL, so yes, it's the same old, same old.

Like Moab said, cream will always rise to the top and Tricia's work will always rise to the top, which is wonderful for JBR and other victims

Thanks Tricia

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

She is dashing off "Companion" books as we speak to both the Whitson and Kolar books...she just didn't expect one of them to write 530 pages!
    :floor:

8. heymom

heymom Member

:wtf: I don't get it, what do these people get out of sticking up for the Ramseys, this long after the case and when they haven't really benefited from doing so??? I mean, it's not like they are paying these freaks off or that they are gaining in any way from this, so why go on with it? Why not move on to something else...

Oh never mind, it's the internet, there are trolls in every subject, on every forum, and some people really have nothing better to do than antagonize and oppose others who are trying to do good work.

Buncha freaks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice