Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "An Officer and a Gentleman" & other movie posters in Ramsey basement

I was wondering how posters feel about the Officer and a Gentleman framed poster hanging on the wall in the basement? It was seen in that police video of the basement.

Did anyone notice there was a second movie poster in that messy closet where the wrapping paper was, I believe. I couldn't see which movie it was but, it was framed just like the Officer and a Gentleman poster.

Now. I don't know about you but people, who have movie posters hanging in their house, have someone living in the house who is a movie hound..buff...call it what you will. Since the ransom note included phrases similar to movies, I thought it was more than a coincidence that movie posters were hanging in the house.

We're not talking about little kid movie buffs. We're talking about adult movie buffs because An Officer and A Gentleman is an adult movie. I wonder who thought enough about that movie to hang a poster in the basement? JAR? Patsy? I think An Officer and A Gentleman would appeal more to Patsy or John than JAR.

Thoughts?

Lightbulb

What came to my mind about that poster is that Patsy could have given it to John as a gift because he had been an officer and she probably thought of him as a gentleman. Sort of as a gag gift but nice too.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    What came to my mind about that poster is that Patsy could have given it to John as a gift because he had been an officer and she probably thought of him as a gentleman. Sort of as a gag gift but nice too.
    Good point. But there's another poster leaning up against the wall in that messy closet. Someone, I believe, was a movie buff in that house. I wonder if police know what movie it advertised?

Obviously, the framed poster in the closet is turned so we can't see it, but there is another poster on the wall of the basement. It is shown after the closet door is shut and the camera moves on to the left of the closed door. It is a movie poster, and the name of the movie is "Death On the Nile." The movie was released in 1978. "An Officer and a Gentleman was released in 1982.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    We're not talking about little kid movie buffs. We're talking about adult movie buffs because An Officer and A Gentleman is an adult movie. I wonder who thought enough about that movie to hang a poster in the basement? JAR? Patsy? I think An Officer and A Gentleman would appeal more to Patsy or John than JAR.
    I agree. John Andrew Ramsey was born in 1976. "An Officer and A Gentleman" was released in 1982. JAR would have only been six years old. Not his kind of movie at that age.

Neither would "Death On the Nile" be little JAR's kind of movie. It would have been Patsy's kind of movie, just like "An Officer and A Gentleman." I can't see Patsy's husband, John, getting excited enough about either movie to make sure they had a framed movie poster, but it's the kind of thing Patsy would have done to decorate the basement or spare room.

Interesting thought, Learnin.

From a woman's point of view, and only a few years older than Patsy was, An Officer and a Gentleman was a really romantic movie.

But I remember that my husband--and he's not the sentimental type at all--liked the move. It was the "officer" part that appealed to him: the fighting, the service stuff...oh, he loves that fighter pilot stuff, too. Also, it had a Southern flavor if memory serves. Gosh, it's been a long time since I saw it.

You're right, though. I had favorite posters I framed when I was young, too. But they also ended up discarded, though at the dump or as a donation, etc. I doubt very much that John was the one who had these framed.

You know, I have always had an understanding of Patsy's "inner actor" because of her impressive record of VICTORY! in high school and college competitions where she won awards for her skills--even in the Miss America competition. I taught drama at the high school level when I was younger, so I know the kind of talent that took.

I think she used those acting skills to their fullest after this murder.

Of course she loved movies. And one IMPORTANT skill of a good actor: MEMORIZING LINES.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Obviously, the framed poster in the closet is turned so we can't see it, but there is another poster on the wall of the basement. It is shown after the closet door is shut and the camera moves on to the left of the closed door. It is a movie poster, and the name of the movie is "Death On the Nile." The movie was released in 1978. "An Officer and a Gentleman was released in 1982.
    Ah! I saw that poster and didn't know what it was about. So, now we have three movie posters and a drop down projector screen in the parents bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    I agree. John Andrew Ramsey was born in 1976. "An Officer and A Gentleman" was released in 1982. JAR would have only been six years old. Not his kind of movie at that age.

Neither would "Death On the Nile" be little JAR's kind of movie. It would have been Patsy's kind of movie, just like "An Officer and A Gentleman." I can't see Patsy's husband, John, getting excited enough about either movie to make sure they had a framed movie poster, but it's the kind of thing Patsy would have done to decorate the basement or spare room.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Interesting thought, Learnin.

From a woman's point of view, and only a few years older than Patsy was, An Officer and a Gentleman was a really romantic movie.

But I remember that my husband--and he's not the sentimental type at all--liked the move. It was the "officer" part that appealed to him: the fighting, the service stuff...oh, he loves that fighter pilot stuff, too. Also, it had a Southern flavor if memory serves. Gosh, it's been a long time since I saw it.

You're right, though. I had favorite posters I framed when I was young, too. But they also ended up discarded, though at the dump or as a donation, etc. I doubt very much that John was the one who had these framed.

You know, I have always had an understanding of Patsy's "inner actor" because of her impressive record of VICTORY! in high school and college competitions where she won awards for her skills--even in the Miss America competition. I taught drama at the high school level when I was younger, so I know the kind of talent that took.

I think she used those acting skills to their fullest after this murder.

Of course she loved movies. And one IMPORTANT skill of a good actor: MEMORIZING LINES.
    Couldn't have stated it better. I, too, liked An Officer and A Gentleman but my wife liked it much better. She still watches it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I was wondering how posters feel about the Officer and a Gentleman framed poster hanging on the wall in the basement? It was seen in that police video of the basement.

Did anyone notice there was a second movie poster in that messy closet where the wrapping paper was, I believe. I couldn't see which movie it was but, it was framed just like the Officer and a Gentleman poster.

Now. I don't know about you but people, who have movie posters hanging in their house, have someone living in the house who is a movie hound..buff...call it what you will. Since the ransom note included phrases similar to movies, I thought it was more than a coincidence that movie posters were hanging in the house.

Thoughts?
    Wow! Are you ever sharp, Learnin! I agree with all you're saying here, and I would put my money on Patsy too!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the poster in the police-video was the sentence "The GENTLEMEN watching over your daughter do not particularly like you ..." from the ransom note.

Although I watched the video footage yesterday, I didn't make the connection in my head this morning, and when I saw the thread title I thought it was a complimentary reference to either Jim Kolar or Steve Thomas