Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Wow! Are you ever sharp, Learnin! I agree with all you're saying here, and I would put my money on Patsy too!
    Why thank you, Elle. Didn't think about it the first time I viewed the video but the second time around, I noticed that framed picture in the closet and thought it looked just like the frame enclosing the Officer and a Gentleman poster. Then I began thinking along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickii View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the poster in the police-video was the sentence "The GENTLEMEN watching over your daughter do not particularly like you ..." from the ransom note.
    Yes, and the phrase "two gentlemen," used in the ransom note, was also used by Patsy in her spontaneous note written for investigators on May 20, 1987! This was a year and a half after JonBenet's death when the Ramseys finally agreed to be interviewed, and Patsy had tried to change her handwriting from previously known samples. It's obvious Patsy started out the spontaneous note in cursive, but she was then told she needed to stop and print the rest of it. I believe Patsy was trying to get by with writing the note in cursive because she KNEW the ransom note was printed, and she was hoping to minimize any similarities.

Patsy wrote:

"Two gentlemen from the C.B.I. are on my right."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Scarifier View Post
    Although I watched the video footage yesterday, I didn't make the connection in my head this morning, and when I saw the thread title I thought it was a complimentary reference to either Jim Kolar or Steve Thomas
    And it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Ah! I saw that poster and didn't know what it was about. So, now we have three movie posters and a drop down projector screen in the parents bedroom.
    Someone in the Ramsey family was definitely a movie buff! In conjunction with that, it is interesting how many movies (and what parts) are quoted or used in the ransom note.

The following is taken from Analysis of the Linguistics and Handwriting in the Ramsey Ransom Note, post #7.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6404

There is another component to this section containing the words “she dies.” As has been discussed in other analyses of the ransom note, there are phrases and ideas within it that seem to have been taken directly from three different action movies, “Dirty Harry,” “Ransom” and “Speed.” The next few sentences continue that association.

Following is a list of the various story lines and phrases from these movies which match the ransom note.

“DIRTY HARRY” –

Story Lines
    Specified denomination of bills and type of container for delivery of the ransom
    The delivery of the ransom requires extreme physical exertion
    The kidnapper employs counter-surveillance

Phrases
    "If I even think you're being followed, the girl dies."
    "If you talk to anyone, I don't care if it's a Pekinese p i s s ing against a lamppost, the girl dies."
    "... that's the end of the game. The girl dies."
    "Now listen to me carefully."
    "Now listen. Listen very carefully."
    "It sounds like you had a good rest. You'll need it."

“RANSOM” –

Story Lines
    Specified denomination of bills and type of container for delivery of the ransom
    The child is bound with his hands placed above his head
    Duct tape is used on the child
    The child's parent is a wealthy businessman

Phrases
    "Do not involve the police or the FBI. If you do, I will kill him."
    "Do not inform the media or I will kill him."
    "No tracking devices in the money or the cases or I will kill him."

“SPEED” –

Story Lines

Phrases
    "You know that I'm on top of you. Do not attempt to grow a brain."

It is obvious the ransom note writer had seen these three movies at some time in their life. Their amateur attempt at posturing as a kidnapper made them search for ways to appear criminal in thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Someone in the Ramsey family was definitely a movie buff! In conjunction with that, it is interesting how many movies (and what parts) are quoted or used in the ransom note.

The following is taken from Analysis of the Linguistics and Handwriting in the Ramsey Ransom Note, post #7.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6404

There is another component to this section containing the words “she dies.” As has been discussed in other analyses of the ransom note, there are phrases and ideas within it that seem to have been taken directly from three different action movies, “Dirty Harry,” “Ransom” and “Speed.” The next few sentences continue that association.

Following is a list of the various story lines and phrases from these movies which match the ransom note.

“DIRTY HARRY” –

Story Lines

Phrases
    "If I even think you're being followed, the girl dies."
    "If you talk to anyone, I don't care if it's a Pekinese p i s s ing against a lamppost, the girl dies."
    "... that's the end of the game. The girl dies."
    "Now listen to me carefully."
    "Now listen. Listen very carefully."
    "It sounds like you had a good rest. You'll need it."

“RANSOM” –

Story Lines
    The child is bound with his hands placed above his head
    Duct tape is used on the child
    The child's parent is a wealthy businessman

Phrases
    "Do not involve the police or the FBI. If you do, I will kill him."
    "Do not inform the media or I will kill him."
    "No tracking devices in the money or the cases or I will kill him."

“SPEED” –

Story Lines

Phrases
    "You know that I'm on top of you. Do not attempt to grow a brain."

It is obvious the ransom note writer had seen these three movies at some time in their life. Their amateur attempt at posturing as a kidnapper made them search for ways to appear criminal in thinking.
    Incredible! I was re--watching PMPT last weekend and I noticed the movie had movie posters hanging everywhere in that basement...I counted at least 5! Do you suppose there were even more movie posters hanging in the basement?

At any rate, the Rams were movie buffs and the ransom note was written by someone who seemed to have a thing for movies.

At any rate, the Rams were movie buffs and the ransom note was written by someone who seemed to have a thing for movies.
    Correct! If they were no movie buffs at all, why would they have such a five-star-Television-Set installed in their master bedroom.

Incredible! I was re--watching PMPT last weekend and I noticed the movie had movie posters hanging everywhere in that basement...I counted at least 5! Do you suppose there were even more movie posters hanging in the basement?

For what it is worth, yes, there was at least one more framed movie poster in the basement. A very early photo from the old maketoast site shows the very top of a poster from the movie Gone With The Wind, leaning on a basement wall in, I think, the train room.

Quote Originally Posted by Why_Nut View Post
    For what it is worth, yes, there was at least one more framed movie poster in the basement. A very early photo from the old maketoast site shows the very top of a poster from the movie Gone With The Wind, leaning on a basement wall in, I think, the train room.
    Extremely interesting and pertinent! And to think all posters are of movies that a child would not care a lick about.