Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

J. Kolar, "Foreign Faction", p. 64:
    "As pressure increased, swelling was causing the medulla of the brain to push forward through the foramen magnum, the narrow opening at the base of the skull."
    I was asked on Topix where it says that in the autopsy.

Valid question imo. But a complete autopsy file consists of many more pages than the 9-page report accessible via the net.
    Kolar therefore may have gotten the info from the larger file.
    It is strange though that the short report doesn't make any mention of this crucial piece of information.
    Last edited by rashomon; August 2, 2012, 4:41 pm at Thu Aug 2 16:41:39 UTC 2012.

Back when the autopsy report was made public I said, this is it? I have always felt there was more to it than what the public was allowed to see. Now I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Back when the autopsy report was made public I said, this is it? I have always felt there was more to it than what the public was allowed to see. Now I'm sure of it.
    Yes, although Chief Kolar has given us a few more facts about the case, and lots of behind-the-scenes info. about the investigation and the DA's office, still - there's a lot we will never know. What I would give to get my hands on all those files! Ah, well, then again, it might end up souring me on the .005% of humanity I feel I can still trust...
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    The train is a toy. The tracks are part of the system which is, in its entirety, a toy, a minature version of an actual train, which children often play with.

Perhaps you're relating to these trains as hobby or miniature replicas. In point of fact, some adults do construct them as hobbies, with great detail.

But they initially were sold as toys. I've actually had one myself at one point or other in life.

The track is sold in sections or pieces, in different lengths. You can get various sizes and shapes, to create curves or straight lines. The "prongs" you see are inserted, female into male endings, to hold them together. The electricity runs through them to move the toy train.

They are electric, by the way, and you can see the electric box which runs the train in Burke's "train room" in a picture I think I've already posted, on the floor and/or table? This was a screen capture from the basement crime scene videos LE took on Dec. 26th at night.

I hope this helps.
    Sorry, I am just interested in the two marks KK from part of the train track. How does Kolar think they were embedded in her skin? The marks which Lou Smit thought were made by a stun gun?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Sorry, I am just interested in the two marks KK from part of the train track. How does Kolar think they were embedded in her skin? The marks which Lou Smit thought were made by a stun gun?
    He never does say, Elle. But if the ends of the track are the perfect distance apart, a 1 to 1 match, then it would argue that the ends of the track were poked or stabbed into JonBenet's back and neck at some point during the night. I wonder if the person who hit her on the head tried to get her to respond to pain by poking the ends of the train track into her back. I can't imagine JonBenet allowing something sharp to be stuck into her back and neck without making noise, can you? So that is why I suspect it was done after she had collapsed and was unconscious. This is conjecture on my part.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Default John's shirt fibers in JonBenet's underwear?

Did I miss this in Kolar's book? I can't find it. Does he mention those fibers from John's black wool shirt that were supposedly found on JonBenet's size 12 underwear (which JR was asked about in the August 2000 interviews)?

Default Timing of the acute vaginal injury

So I'm trying to figure out how close to JBR's time of death the acute vaginal injury was inflicted.

From Kolar's book:

"[Dr. Meyer] observed that there was fresh trauma located at the 7:00 o'clock position at the hymeneal opening. The area was inflamed and had been bleeding, and it appeared to Dr. Meyer that a foreign object had been inserted into JonBenet's genitalia at or near the time of her death." pp. 57-58

And Dr. Spitz's opinion: "Inflicted perimortem with her death, was the insertion of the paintbrush handle into JonBenet's vaginal orifice. The presence of inflammation and blood in the vaginal vault indicated that she was still alive when this assault took place, but it was believed that this took place at or very near the actual time of her death." pp. 65-66

"At or near the time of her death"... how near? Inflammation means there had to have been at least a little time between the injury and death, doesn't it? WHY was it "believed" that it happened around the time of death (versus, say, an hour or so before)?

If someone has already done a medical analysis, can you pretty please point me to it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    He never does say, Elle. But if the ends of the track are the perfect distance apart, a 1 to 1 match, then it would argue that the ends of the track were poked or stabbed into JonBenet's back and neck at some point during the night. I wonder if the person who hit her on the head tried to get her to respond to pain by poking the ends of the train track into her back. I can't imagine JonBenet allowing something sharp to be stuck into her back and neck without making noise, can you? So that is why I suspect it was done after she had collapsed and was unconscious. This is conjecture on my part.
    I did see a photograph of the train track against these marks, heymom, and they were a pretty good match. Maybe she was being poked to see if she was still alive by brother Burke (?). Something I could see a ten year old doing if he was in the habit of pestering her at every opportunity, although this one had gotten out of hand. Yes, I agree, she had to be unconscious!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out how close to JBR's time of death the acute vaginal injury was inflicted.

From Kolar's book:

"[Dr. Meyer] observed that there was fresh trauma located at the 7:00 o'clock position at the hymeneal opening. The area was inflamed and had been bleeding, and it appeared to Dr. Meyer that a foreign object had been inserted into JonBenet's genitalia at or near the time of her death." pp. 57-58

And Dr. Spitz's opinion: "Inflicted perimortem with her death, was the insertion of the paintbrush handle into JonBenet's vaginal orifice. The presence of inflammation and blood in the vaginal vault indicated that she was still alive when this assault took place, but it was believed that this took place at or very near the actual time of her death." pp. 65-66

"At or near the time of her death"... how near? Inflammation means there had to have been at least a little time between the injury and death, doesn't it? WHY was it "believed" that it happened around the time of death (versus, say, an hour or so before)?

If someone has already done a medical analysis, can you pretty please point me to it? Thanks
    That's a point I'm extremely interested in getting an answer to too Britt.

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who thinks Burke may have purposely molested and killed his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Kolar does say that his officer who did the demonstration for the pictures poked and jabbed the ends of the track into her hand, maybe with a twisting motion?

Let me see if I can find it again.

See if this helps you, Elle:

Foreign Faction; pages 285-6

One of my female officers, Christine Sandoval, volunteered to be a “beta”’ tester the following week, and I videotaped her jabbing and slightly twisting the head of the track into the soft flesh of her palm.

The pins of the track left red marks when sufficient pressure was applied, and I suspected that the twisting motion of the twin outside rails could have been responsible for the appearance of an abrasion, especially when considering that the target area was the soft skin of a 6-year-old girl’s back. It was my observation that the twisting motion of the pins could have created the round and slightly rectangular aspect of the abrasions as noted by Dr. Meyer during the autopsy.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That's a point I'm extremely interested in getting an answer to too Britt.

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who thinks Burke may have purposely molested and killed his sister.
    No, it's something to consider.

I just haven't figured out how to determine this.

DeeDee has some good info about the nature of the "watery" blood which she is better at explaining. It has something to do with the capillaries bursting or leaking after decomp starts after death...or maybe not.

Hopefully she'll show up and she can whip it out for you verbatim, cause she's got that kind of skill.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Did I miss this in Kolar's book? I can't find it. Does he mention those fibers from John's black wool shirt that were supposedly found on JonBenet's size 12 underwear (which JR was asked about in the August 2000 interviews)?
    I don't remember any mention of it.

Put it on your list of questions to ask, just in case we get to have a Q&A with Kolar.

My list is pretty long, and I guess I won't get to ask all of them.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~