Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't believe a word John Ramsey says. I highly doubt Burke didn't tell his parents he talked to police at the Whites. I really highly doubt JR and PR didn't ask him what went on when he was at the Whites that day.

Who was at the Whites house that day who was old enough to pass as Burkes grandma? And why didn't Burke tell the police it wasn't his grandma? Were Fleet and Priscilla already so suspicious of JR and PR that they asked an older female houseguest to claim to be Burkes grandma so there would be someone there to give permission for an interview....without JR and PR knowing about it?

This whole story about Burkes interview at the Whites leaves a whole lot of questions.
    Karen I believe the Whites and the Ramseys were no longer friends after this incident. I am surprised this interview did take place with Burke, with John Ramsey thinking his son Burke was in good hands.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Karen I am with you. John Ramsey is liar and you can't trust a thing he says.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    LOL, ITA.
    "we didn’t learn about this interrogation until Burke was subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury in 1999."
    Puh-leeze, try to make it at least a LITTLE believable.

I certainly wouldn't mind hearing from the Whites on this one!
    I really wish we could hear from them on everything. I understand why they've been quiet, but good God it's been so long and I bet they've got a lot to tell.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    So you have the book and are reading it? Because I was just thinking about the section on Barbara Fernie's questions about Burke: she knew he was an early riser, as you stated, and she wondered if John was upstairs in his bathroom how he heard Patsy scream, but Burke did not?
    Oh, yes, I have the book. Only on page 151 as of now.
    Barbara Fernie's statment has changed my mind about maybe Doug
    had a sleep over with Burke.
    kk (kay)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I really wish we could hear from them on everything. I understand why they've been quiet, but good God it's been so long and I bet they've got a lot to tell.
    Geez Thor. we seem to have been here for many years. I was already a Senior when I got involved. I remember being quite indignant when I went to Florida for the first time in my late 50's and being considered a Senior. :( Now, I have more whiskers but geez, how much longer can I keep on going, I want to hear an ending to this case!? With all you younger ones, I am amazed at what you all come up with. Wouldn't it be wonderful if James Kolar has really opened the door for a second time and this time around John Ramsey won't get away with it!?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I don't remember anything about getting "his" grandmother's permission--she was in Georgia, right? But I could have just missed that or forgotten it--one thing I like about this book is Kolar goes over all the stuff we've known for years, but has gotten lost in my crowded memory when it comes to this case. (I'm not half way through, though, so still have lots to go.)

At any rate, Burke was questioned at the White's by a police officer--I think that's what I remember.

The Ramseys were incensed to learn that! He didn't have their permission! Team Ramsey has jumped on this like LE was doing something sinister. In fact, it was not illegal, as a kidnapped child is exigent circumstances and questioning Burke as a WITNESS without parental presence or permission, ow without legal representation, was not illegal.

This is a perfect example of how the Ramseys were lawyer crazy and always have given the impression of not cooperating with LE. Their child was "missing" and certainly in danger if the ransom note was in fact written by someone who had kidnapped her (not to mention by the time they were blaming LE for everything they could think of, they had already buried their brutalized and murdered child). But they're all indignant that SOMEONE FINALLY ASKED HER BROTHER QUESTIONS. He was down the hall from her room, one of three remaining WITNESSES in the house, and up to that point, NO ONE HAD ASKED BURKE ANYTHING.

Kolar reports that White said he and Burke said little to each other on the trip to White's house, including Burke asked no questions about his sister.

Anywho...I'm pretty sure that the Ramseys deliberately did not want Burke questioned--by anyone. I think he was awake and talking to John that morning at the end of Patsy's 911 call, and I am beginning to think a lot worse.
    I've always thought the worse.. wasn't it right after the death of JB
    the R's went on TV? (for thr first time) I just knew PR had just told, who did it.
    I can't recall what the question was. I think it was JR that said,
    no one has been cleared, PR interruptrd, and said "except Burke".

What would make a mother say something like that? Why would she want to make sure everyone knew Burke didn't do it. There had to be a reason
    for her to say that.
    All these years that has played over in my mind.
    kk (kay)

So you have the book and are reading it? Because I was just thinking about the section on Barbara Fernie's questions about Burke: she knew he was an early riser, as you stated, and she wondered if John was upstairs in his bathroom how he heard Patsy scream, but Burke did not?
    I know, kinda through me for a loop.
    Some of the people there thinking like we have been.
    Odd, no one has talked. (anyone who was there)
    Yes, I have the book but only on pg 151
    kk (kay)

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Oh, yes, I have the book. Only on page 151 as of now.
    Barbara Fernie's statment has changed my mind about maybe Doug
    had a sleep over with Burke.
    kk (kay)
    kk I ordered the book but won't have it until Aug. 3. Could you please tell us what Barbara Fernies statement was and why it changed your mind about Doug and Burke and a possible sleepover on Christmas night?

PLEASE???????????????? (I don't see an "on my knees begging " smilie so just pretend I posted one.)

She must be seeing something that I'm not.
    The closest thing I can find is much further into the book.

Stine appeared to Kaempfer to have been disturbed by the conversation and had listened to Burke and Doug talk about how JonBenét had been strangled. Based upon Kaempfer’s statement, it appeared that Stine had over overheard the boys discussing whether or not manual strangulation had been involved in JonBenét’s death.
    Stine described the conversation as being “very impersonal,” and it struck her that the discussion about the details of JonBenét’s death was like the boys were “talking about a TV show.”

Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 353
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 26, 2012, 4:37 pm at Thu Jul 26 16:37:16 UTC 2012.

On the same page as the above quote, there is this rather amazing tidbit:

When asked again what he thought had happened, Burke advised without hesitation that he knew what had happened to JonBenét and that she had been killed. He stated that he thought someone had quietly carried her downstairs to the basement and that person had then either stabbed JonBenét or struck a blow to her head with a hammer.
    A chill ran down the back of my neck as I watched Burke twice physically imitate the act of striking a blow with his right arm during his casual discussion of this matter.

Thanks cynic for the excerpts. I'm a little surprised Susan Stine had anything even a little bit negative to say about a Ramsey since her nose was lodged so firmly up Patsys butt.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    On the same page as the above quote, there is this rather amazing tidbit:

When asked again what he thought had happened, Burke advised without hesitation that he knew what had happened to JonBenét and that she had been killed. He stated that he thought someone had quietly carried her downstairs to the basement and that person had then either stabbed JonBenét or struck a blow to her head with a hammer.
    A chill ran down the back of my neck as I watched Burke twice physically imitate the act of striking a blow with his right arm during his casual discussion of this matter.

Wow. I'm back b/c I just found a blurb for the book on the Denver Hose website, which I am stuck on today b/c of the shooting in Aurora (shooter's apartment is about 10 minutes away by car from my old neighborhood). I came here IMMEDIATELY to find out what is going on. I pray that this will really bring the truth to light.

It looks, from just a quick skim of this thread, that the suspicion might end up on Burke after all.

Glad you all are still here.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!