Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Hey guys ..been awhile

It was funny today when I woke up after vacation....to see Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.............After 16 years....I feel I knew what happened. Knew what happened then, over and over. He still lives, doesn't remember stuff. OK. Why would they not protect him? He hit her over the head, she was convulsing...he watched, got scared and ran and told them.....and so the cover-up starts.
    Jamie

Life is a journey, always learning what you can, always loving the best you can and realizing you are never alone.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Cherokee and Elle, I wish I could defend those who set themselves the task of defending the Ramseys at all costs for 15 years, but I can't. Lacy and Smit were so egregiously corrupt and incompetent, I don't know how they managed to succeed so spectacularly in destroying this case and making sure that the Ramseys were never held responsible for the crimes committed against JB.

I long ago realized most people really don't want to know the truth; most have no interest in anything but confirming their own weak beliefs, whatever they encounter. I guess it's a defense mechanism designed to keep us from jumping off bridges.

As we've seen for 15 years, telling the truth will get you some powerful enemies in Ramseyland. Luckily for Kolar, Lacy destroyed her own credibility long before she could go after his.
    It's a sad day when we have Male and female District Attorneys being led astray by Corporate business men like John Ramsey who seem to have some magnetic attraction for many women and men not in their league. I feel this is what happened to DA Alex Hunter and DA Mary Lacey. Throw Lou Smit in there with the Ramsey belief in Christianity and Lou's and you had a close threesome! They were well bonded! It happens Koldkase when some people have a special magnetism. They can pull quite a lot off because of their personal connections!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Koldkase,

It's 5:30am and I'm up. Couldn't sleep. It's hard to switch this case off sometimes.

The Ramseys may never be put before a judge for the murder of little JonBenét Ramsey, but we have to thank Chief Kolar for having the courage to write his book and state his thoughts on this case, and make all of us take a second look at what happened. Thanks for keeping us updated KK.

I can't see Mary Lacy putting her head on her pillow and sleeping well at night now Chief Kolar's book is out of stock, and hundreds of people are now reading the JonBenét case again through his eyes.

I haven't seen any news on John Ramsey's reaction to Kolar's book.

elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The latest about Kolar from Today.com

While popular understanding of the case led the investigation toward looking for an intruder responsible for the child beauty pageant queen's death, Kolar is not so sure. He evaluated lab reports, police reports, witness statements and other information, after being asked to take over the investigation for the DA’s office, which at that time was led by former DA Mary Lacy. Kolar’s conclusions deviate from the direction the Boulder DA’s office had been taking.
    In the book, Kolar discusses the condition of the cobwebs and the glass in the basement window, where police allege an intruder may have entered. Police footage was recently revealed on The Daily Beast. Kolar is also skeptical of the primary DNA evidence that was found on JonBenét’s underwear: “I don’t think we should be letting the course of the investigation be run by one single artifact that may or may not necessarily be involved in the actual crime of the kidnap or murder.”
    “We needed to look back at the family, the people who were in the home that night to determine what motive, what opportunity, what could have caused this situation to occur and eventually be reported to police on the morning of December 26th,” Kolar explained.
    JonBenét’s murder is now a cold case, but Kolar wanted to “try to clear the air” and give people accurate information.
    “It was clear that the prosecution was not going to be able to be pursued and that this extremely widespread murder mystery might just fade into oblivion,” Kolar said.
    [SNIP]
    “I thought it was necessary to move the public perception to the case closer to the truth,” Kolar told TODAY.com.
    [SNIP]
    When asked by TODAY.com, the office of current Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said he had no comment, since he has not read the book.
    The case was moved over to the Boulder Police Department in 2009. Current police chief Mark Beckner said last week that he’s about 100 pages into reading the book himself and “it seems pretty accurate.” In 1997, Beckner was assigned to take command of the JonBenét Ramsey investigation for the police department.
    But Beckner said Kolar’s theory in the book is nothing new and unless new information becomes available, the case will remain cold and is not actively being investigated.
    The Ramsey family’s attorney, L. Lin Wood, told TODAY.com he has not yet read the book, but that he thinks the book is “nonsense” if it suggests there was no intruder responsible for the murder.
    Wood noted that he believes Kolar self-published the book for reasons of “public notoriety” or “fame.”
    “I am troubled by the idea that a former member of the law enforcement investigation would choose to take information gained from the investigation and publish it for his own personal reasons, at a time when the case has not yet been solved,” said the attorney.
    Moving forward, Wood is hopeful DNA evidence in the FBI’s possession is what will bring the killer to justice, just as DNA exonerated the Ramsey family.

Kolar hopes “Foreign Faction” could eventually spark something that could solve the case. “It might trigger someone to be willing to come forward and share information about statements or information,” he added. But Kolar admitted he believes a prosecution is not possible at this point.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/483364.../#.UBGbZZgsE20
    Gee, I wonder if Wood thinks Bob Whitson and John Ramsey wrote and published their books for “public notoriety” or “fame.” I'm betting "no."

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Koldkase,

It's 5:30am and I'm up. Couldn't sleep. It's hard to switch this case off sometimes.

The Ramseys may never be put before a judge for the murder of little JonBenét Ramsey, but we have to thank Chief Kolar for having the courage to write his book and state his thoughts on this case, and make all of us take a second look at what happened. Thanks for keeping us updated KK.

I can't see Mary Lacy putting her head on her pillow and sleeping well at night now Chief Kolar's book is out of stock, and hundreds of people are now reading the JonBenét case again through his eyes.

I haven't seen any news on John Ramsey's reaction to Kolar's book.

I know, Elle. If we could switch it off, we would have left long ago.

I agree. Chief Kolar is a man with a set of steel balls.

Pardon my vulgar metaphor, but I was thinking today that Hunter, Lacy, and now Garnett have none. If they did, they'd have done what they took an oath to do, what they were elected to do, and what they should have done as good citizens, much less officers of the court.

I have been comtemplating putting two letters up here from the book. One is from Chief Kolar to the Governor, after Lacy ignored Kolar's written request to show HIS Power Point to Micheal Kane and others who originally investigated this case, with an actual intention of moving the case forward at long last, possibly to a resolution of some kind. Lacy not only didn't want that to happen, she attacked the Chief like he was some kind of criminal. She even vaguely, but clearly, threatened him with a lawsuit.

And that beotch had the nerve to take this case and bury it like JonBenet was not worthy of justice in this country because it would lead to Lacy's "friends" finally having to answer for what was done to her.

Oh, the evidence Kolar uncovers, reconsiders, and lays out with surgical precision like no investigator has been able to in this case, is stunning.

Lacy should have been kissing the man's feet.

Instead, she tried to bury HIM.

Ha. Dumb move, Mary "Karr" Lacy. Dumb move.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I received my book on Thursday and I must say it was well worth the wait.
    Tricia, you were absolutely correct about the tremendous importance of this book.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I must say that it clears up so many things for me. How many times have we wished that the police files would be opened up??? Well, this is the next best thing and maybe even better because Kolar does a fantastic job of interpreting human behavior because human behavior, in the absence of eyewitness or fingerprint, DNA matches, becomes one of the most important things in finding truth.

Kolar, IMO, is very astute at catching red flags as he sorts through the vast case material. Well, I have to finish the book but I just wanted to put my two cents in on the value of this book.

This case may never be prosecuted but the one thing we can do, with the aid of good people like Kolar, Thomas, et.al., is keep whittling away at the falsehoods and nonsense so that only fools could refuse to see that, like O.J., someone got away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I received my book on Thursday and I must say it was well worth the wait.
    Tricia, you were absolutely correct about the tremendous importance of this book.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I must say that it clears up so many things for me. How many times have we wished that the police files would be opened up??? Well, this is the next best thing and maybe even better because Kolar does a fantastic job of interpreting human behavior because human behavior, in the absence of eyewitness or fingerprint, DNA matches, becomes one of the most important things in finding truth.

Kolar, IMO, is very astute at catching red flags as he sorts through the vast case material. Well, I have to finish the book but I just wanted to put my two cents in on the value of this book.

This case may never be prosecuted but the one thing we can do, with the aid of good people like Kolar, Thomas, et.al., is keep whittling away at the falsehoods and nonsense so that only fools could refuse to see that, like O.J., someone got away with murder.
    My book should come today. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and waited 1.5 hours to see the doctor - if I'd had the book I could have made some good headway during that time! Oh, well. I can't wait to get started! The excerpts that KK has been posting have just served to tantalize!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    My book should come today. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and waited 1.5 hours to see the doctor - if I'd had the book I could have made some good headway during that time! Oh, well. I can't wait to get started! The excerpts that KK has been posting have just served to tantalize!
    You'll have to force yourself to put it down and take a rest. I'll finish mine tonight and then I'll start re-reading it again to try and digest all the info.

I'm waiting for a notification from Amazon to tell me my estimated delivery date. I'm 2/3 of the way through re-reading the Steve Thomas book, though, and I'm eagerly reading everything that is posted on here - when it arrives I have a feeling my family will have to feed and clean up after themselves for a few days

Default It's here!

My wait is finally over! I am holding the book in my hands right now. Cannot WAIT to start.

Just in the acknowledgments, he mentions a law firm right after he mentions his editor. That tells me that he had good legal advice about what was going into this book. So Lin Wood may be out of luck for any lawsuits he might feel inclined to file.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarifier View Post
    I'm waiting for a notification from Amazon to tell me my estimated delivery date. I'm 2/3 of the way through re-reading the Steve Thomas book, though, and I'm eagerly reading everything that is posted on here - when it arrives I have a feeling my family will have to feed and clean up after themselves for a few days
    You chose the right book to read before Kolar's. Don't be surprised if you end up feeling deja vu all over again....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Got my book today and have been reading all afternoon. All I can say is OMG.

There is one tidbit I'd like to discuss but it is revealing new never before known evidence (at least not to me) and I don't know if I should discuss it yet. I'm just not sure what I can say and if I should wait until everybody has the book.

Can someone please advise me?