Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    My wait is finally over! I am holding the book in my hands right now. Cannot WAIT to start.

Just in the acknowledgments, he mentions a law firm right after he mentions his editor. That tells me that he had good legal advice about what was going into this book. So Lin Wood may be out of luck for any lawsuits he might feel inclined to file.
    I think Wood and the Ramseys are finding themselves in a true dilemma: if they sue, Burke will be deposed under oath, and Kolar knows this case inside and out, as well as the law. It would be the best thing for the case, as I expect we'd get answers we're never going to see any other way.

Also, if they go on a lawsuit rampage against Kolar, it will sell more books than Kolar every dreamed of selling, probably getting that major network coverage that so far is missing. Kolar's book is very convincing about how the Ramseys, Lou Smit, and Mary Lacy lied with no remorse or conscience about the murder of JonBenet. This would hardly be better for the Ramseys.

If they say nothing, just dig in and wait for what is relatively a ripple in the case history, as time and patience have run down after 15 years and so many red herrings, then Kolar gets the last word.

We'll see.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I think Wood and the Ramseys are finding themselves in a true dilemma: if they sue, Burke will be deposed under oath, and Kolar knows this case inside and out, as well as the law. It would be the best thing for the case, as I expect we'd get answers we're never going to see any other way.

Also, if they go on a lawsuit rampage against Kolar, it will sell more books than Kolar every dreamed of selling, probably getting that major network coverage that so far is missing. Kolar's book is very convincing about how the Ramseys, Lou Smit, and Mary Lacy lied with no remorse or conscience about the murder of JonBenet. This would hardly be better for the Ramseys.

If they say nothing, just dig in and wait for what is relatively a ripple in the case history, as time and patience have run down after 15 years and so many red herrings, then Kolar gets the last word.

We'll see.
    Good points - it's between a rock and a hard place for the Ramseys and lawyers, for sure. Probably they will lay low and hope it goes away. I almost wish they WOULD sue!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Got my book today and have been reading all afternoon. All I can say is OMG.

There is one tidbit I'd like to discuss but it is revealing new never before known evidence (at least not to me) and I don't know if I should discuss it yet. I'm just not sure what I can say and if I should wait until everybody has the book.

Can someone please advise me?
    Um...are you saying what I posted were SPOILERS?!

Uh oh. Please don't tell Moab! She'll kill over spoilers!

Clearly I'm not the one to ask.

Because I'd say it's a book, people are reading it, and it's a true crime case, not fiction. We already know the ending, so to speak.

Full disclosure: I am a well-known bad influence who can get into a mess of trouble.

Edited to add: Oh! I know! I know!

Put this in five point letters: SPOILER!! SPOILER!!Then post your questions/info?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Um...are you saying what I posted were SPOILERS?!

Uh oh. Please don't tell Moab! She'll kill over spoilers!

Clearly I'm not the one to ask.

Because I'd say it's a book, people are reading it, and it's a true crime case, not fiction. We already know the ending, so to speak.

Full disclosure: I am a well-known bad influence who can get into a mess of trouble.

Edited to add: Oh! I know! I know!

Put this in five point letters: SPOILER!! SPOILER!!Then post your questions/info?
    No koldkase what you posted were absolutely NOT spoilers. They just served to tide us all over until we got our own book. They probably sold a few more books for Chief Kolar too since not everybody that reads here actively posts.

Can I PM you? This info I read today may only be new to me and I might be making a big deal out of something everybody already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    No koldkase what you posted were absolutely NOT spoilers. They just served to tide us all over until we got our own book. They probably sold a few more books for Chief Kolar too since not everybody that reads here actively posts.

Can I PM you? This info I read today may only be new to me and I might be making a big deal out of something everybody already knows.
    I might not have bought the book right away had I not returned to the forum and seen all the new posts! I didn't even know it was out.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

whoopeedoo KK! I just received my Book and no one is talking about Chief Kolar! Are the discussions all over? Looks like it to me by what everyone is posting here! Just wanted to thank you for all the information you posted from his book and updating me! I can
    always go back and check your posts.

My husband pows his way through books, but has never shown any interest in the Ramsey case all the years I have been involved, but this afternoon I was in the garden reading "Foreign Faction" and when I put it down, he picked it up and started reading it. He has heard me talking about you, Cherokee, and Chief Kolar being on Tricia's show. He said he would read it so now I have a human being in close proximity to discuss Chief Kolar's book. How lucky can you get!?

What a fine handsome man Chief Kolar is. What happened to the women on this web site, KK? Never heard one cheep about this?
    I may be a Senior, but I sure know a fine big handsome man when I see one!
    Last edited by Elle_1; August 17, 2012, 6:59 pm at Fri Aug 17 18:59:19 UTC 2012.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    whoopeedoo KK! I just received my Book and no one is talking about Chief Kolar! Are the discussions all over? Looks like it to me by what everyone is posting here! Just wanted to thank you for all the information you posted from his book and updating me! I can

My husband pows his way through books, but has never shown any interest in the Ramsey case all the years I have been involved, but this afternoon I was in the garden reading "Foreign Faction" and when I put it down, he picked it up and started reading it. He has heard me talking about you, Cherokee, and Chief Kolar being on Tricia's show. He said he would read it so now I have a human being in close proximity to discuss Chief Kolar's book. How lucky can you get!?

What a fine handsome man Chief Kolar is. What happened to the women on this web site, KK? Never heard one cheep about this?
    So glad you got your book, and a book partner, too! This is a great one for your hubs to read, as Kolar does a good job hitting the main points of the case and evidence from the beginning.

Yeah, Kolar is a handsome man, but I don't want to embarrass myself as I may have to be on Tricia's show with him again, so I'll just leave it at that.

Cherokee just got her book, so I'm sure she'll be hot to talk about it, too.

Anything you want to discuss, just post about it. We'll jump in, no doubt.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Glad you got yours Elle, and glad to hear Jim is joining in on it. I got mine yesterday and am not real far along yet. I'm getting there tho. Fascinating, so far.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post

You just calm down there, Missy!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Thank you all girls, You are all very kind! Truthfully, I don't read as many books as I did when I was much younger. I read more on the net I really did enjoy reading whatever KK, cynic and others who posted from Kolar's book, and all the wonderful posts relating to whatever was posted. In a way, I feel justice is now being served to young JonBenét Ramsey,thanks to Chief Kolar!

Pleased to hear you are in the same boat as I am, Thor; just receiving the book. I like Kolar`s style of writing, and it`s good this book has opened this case up again.

It was a bit strange Thor reading the first part of the book relating to the intruder theory, written in the way the Ramseys wanted us to believe how it happened!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

That was a strange beginning Elle. I agree, almost like this was the fairy tale Ram version of things. So far, I have no complaints and can't wait to being again.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    That was a strange beginning Elle. I agree, almost like this was the fairy tale Ram version of things. So far, I have no complaints and can't wait to being again.
    As I read through it, I thought, "Well, now the IDI people are going to be coming out of the woodwork to say, "See, it DID happen this way," but as the chapter went on, I realized that what Kolar is attempting to show is that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY an intruder, let alone SIX intruders (because of the 6 discrete DNA samples at the scene) came into the Ramsey home and tried to kidnap JonBenet.