Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Hi WY!!

That was my take as well. Besides the cold and possible critter infestation, would rain also get in? It's not like this window is a big issue or anything, but it just struck me as a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Hi WY!!

That was my take as well. Besides the cold and possible critter infestation, would rain also get in? It's not like this window is a big issue or anything, but it just struck me as a bit odd.
    Hey, Bob. In a good rainstorm (or snowstorm), yes, the rain and snow could get in. Did I ever tell you that I've had experience going through a basement window when I locked myself out of the house? I didn't have to break the window, because it wasn't locked, but I can tell you I was one dirty piglet when I was done, because the window well was full of dirt and bugs and cobwebs galore that got into my hair and all over me. Furthermore, I was scraped from rubbing against the rough surfaces of the concrete as I went through the window opening. I looked as if I had done battle with someone and lost - even my hair was yanked out, and I left enough DNA to prove I'd been there. There were even nails I scraped myself on. Trust me - no intruder went through Ramseys' basement window that night.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You View Post
    Hey, Bob. In a good rainstorm (or snowstorm), yes, the rain and snow could get in. Did I ever tell you that I've had experience going through a basement window when I locked myself out of the house? I didn't have to break the window, because it wasn't locked, but I can tell you I was one dirty piglet when I was done, because the window well was full of dirt and bugs and cobwebs galore that got into my hair and all over me. Furthermore, I was scraped from rubbing against the rough surfaces of the concrete as I went through the window opening. I looked as if I had done battle with someone and lost - even my hair was yanked out, and I left enough DNA to prove I'd been there. There were even nails I scraped myself on. Trust me - no intruder went through Ramseys' basement window that night.
    Gosh, thanks for this first person account of how ridiculous it would be for anyone to believe an intruder went through that window without leaving all you did: clothing fibers, hair, tissue and blood.

It's good to see you posting again, WY. I was worried a bear had dragged you off. Of course I was feeling sorry for the bear.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I am so far behind on reading these threads, but I do want to put my two cents in on the broken window in the basement.

I live in snow country in WNY, and I know if basement windows get broken in this part of the country, it is guaranteed that water pipes would freeze and the basement would be very cold. Even the laziest person on earth would at least cover the window with wood or plastic to keep the cold air out as much as possible until they could get it replaced.

JR's explanation why the window wasn't fixed is nothing but a fairy tale.
    From the first moment I read about John's basement window story, I thought it was a bunch of garbage. If I so much as leave my door cracked, in the fall for 15 minutes, I will have a house full of mice. Then I took a look at the video on DB, saw the pig sty of a basement, and started second guessing my first impressions. Still, as messy as they were, would they have endured an infestation of rodents?

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Hi WY!!

Boulder doesn't get a whole lot of rain, even in the spring and summer, it would be just intermittent showers. But normal people would have at least boarded it up until it could be repaired. However the Ramsey household doesn't seem to have included any normal people, except perhaps dear little JonBenet.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Wy IT SO GREAT TO SEE YOU
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Gosh, thanks for this first person account of how ridiculous it would be for anyone to believe an intruder went through that window without leaving all you did: clothing fibers, hair, tissue and blood.

It's good to see you posting again, WY. I was worried a bear had dragged you off. Of course I was feeling sorry for the bear.
    Funny you should mention bears, KK. We now have the distinction of having the only "Watch for bear crossings" signs on our road. Haven't seen any bears, lately, but I did tell you the story about the priest who was jogging on the river trail near the university a few years ago, didn't I? He saw ahead of him a group of students who were jogging toward him. They were gesturing to him, waving their arms, etc, when they turned around and went the opposite direction. He turned around to look at what they might have been warning him about, and there was a bear jogging along behind him.

I ordered a copy of this book. Am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Wy IT SO GREAT TO SEE YOU
    Hi Sweetheart. I miss all of you and especially think about you often and wish I had more time to spend on the forum.

---Kahlil Gibran---

So nice to see your black cat back here again, WY. We have all missed you!
    That was a good bear story!

I'm thinking of printing KK's pages from Skolar's book until I receive my copy. It will keep me filled in until it comes.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Funny you should mention bears, KK. We now have the distinction of having the only "Watch for bear crossings" signs on our road. Haven't seen any bears, lately, but I did tell you the story about the priest who was jogging on the river trail near the university a few years ago, didn't I? He saw ahead of him a group of students who were jogging toward him. They were gesturing to him, waving their arms, etc, when they turned around and went the opposite direction. He turned around to look at what they might have been warning him about, and there was a bear jogging along behind him.

I ordered a copy of this book. Am anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    That's quite a story! I hope the priest was a fast runner! LOL
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

JR's explanation why the window wasn't fixed is nothing but a fairy tale.
    He tried hard to "explain away" that broken window. And the train room in general, for that matter. Remember his story about the chair etc supposedly blocking the train room door (his interview with Smit, I think)?

It's as if JR didn't want that room/window even considered as part of the crime scene scenario, not even for an intruder. If that's where the initial attack on JB happened (by a family member), it's obvious why JR was trying to divert attention away from it.

I studied the new video and the broken window, wondering if the cobwebs were evidence that it was an old break. I don't think they are. The broken glass has a couple of cobweb fragments clinging to it, but they could've simply been left stuck to the glass after the break.

I think the window was broken that night, e.g by a golf club, or otherwise directly connected to the crime. It's the only reason I can think of why John Ramsey wanted to divert attention away from the window. Or perhaps it was an initial lame attempt at staging that was re-thought. Either way, an "inside job."

Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    I think the window was broken that night, e.g by a golf club, or otherwise directly connected to the crime. It's the only reason I can think of why John Ramsey wanted to divert attention away from the window. Or perhaps it was an initial lame attempt at staging that was re-thought. Either way, an "inside job."
    I can't help but think the same thing. The individual pane seemed small enough, so why just kick a hole in it, especially a softball-sized one? Why not just kick out all the glass so you don't risk cutting yourself when reaching your arm through it?