Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I think I found one of the toys in the cellar room photo Kolar included in his book, one of Burke's birthday toys. It makes me wonder if JR was confused about the toy he said he helped Burke put together that might; he once called it a "garage" and then a "robot" toy. The photo in Kolar's book is dark, but here is a color photo of the original toy, released in 1994. It seems to have been a hot item and reading reviews or comments, people/kids seem to have really liked it. One said he got it about 15 years ago, cost was about $300.

Here is the youtube video of this set--it hurts me just to watch it "built" as I have spent more than one Christmas all-nighter putting together these kinds of torturous toy kits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEnRY...eature=related But this was for Burke's birthday, remember, so I guess it can't have been the "garage" or "robot" JR worked on that night, if he worked on anything at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Cherokee; August 9, 2012, 1:14 pm at Thu Aug 9 13:14:00 UTC 2012. Reason: re-post to thread

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

That's not a parking garage, it's a space base! Shows how little John really participated in Burke's world. Then again, maybe Burke didn't want this Lego set specifically and Patsy bought it because it was the biggest and most expensive one she could find.

That set could take HOURS to assemble. There is no way Burke and John could finish it in half an hour.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

I'm not sure I even believe the whole story of John helping Burke with the toy. The lies started before that as we know so why should we believe that part of his events of the evening?

If Kolars timeline is correct, at about the same time JR claimed to be helping BR with his toy is about the same time JB was getting her head bashed in by ???

It makes sense to lie about Burke being occupied doing something at that time.
    That way his whereabouts and activities are fully accounted for, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm not sure I even believe the whole story of John helping Burke with the toy. The lies started before that as we know so why should we believe that part of his events of the evening?

If Kolars timeline is correct, at about the same time JR claimed to be helping BR with his toy is about the same time JB was getting her head bashed in by ???

It makes sense to lie about Burke being occupied doing something at that time.
    That way his whereabouts and activities are fully accounted for, aren't they?
    The part I DO believe about that scenario is that Burke wouldn't go to bed unless he had finished assembling the Lego. But it wasn't THIS set, because that box was found in the basement.

People with Asperger's can be very rigid and have trouble with giving up their goals, despite any conflicts caused by their lack of flexibility.

But in his interviews, Burke said he got home, brushed his teeth and got ready for bed, and went to bed. He doesn't mention any other activity such as putting together a Lego set or other toy, or getting a snack or a glass of tea.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    The part I DO believe about that scenario is that Burke wouldn't go to bed unless he had finished assembling the Lego. But it wasn't THIS set, because that box was found in the basement.

People with Asperger's can be very rigid and have trouble with giving up their goals, despite any conflicts caused by their lack of flexibility.

But in his interviews, Burke said he got home, brushed his teeth and got ready for bed, and went to bed. He doesn't mention any other activity such as putting together a Lego set or other toy, or getting a snack or a glass of tea.

And Jonbenet walked up the stairs when they got home.

No, I don't believe JR helped Burke assemble a toy, or anything else about that night. I don't really believe anything they say concerning Burke anymore.

[/B]

And Jonbenet walked up the stairs when they got home.

No, I don't believe JR helped Burke assemble a toy, or anything else about that night. I don't really believe anything they say concerning Burke anymore.
    I don't either. I think both of them protected Burke and lied on his behalf, and I suppose are still lying, but also to protect themselves because someone put that noose on JonBenet's neck.

Do you suppose that Burke could have even done that?

I don't either. I think both of them protected Burke and lied on his behalf, and I suppose are still lying, but also to protect themselves because someone put that noose on JonBenet's neck.

Yes I suppose he could have. I mean, I think he was fully capable. Too bad we'll never know.

I'm to the part in the book where Kolar wanted to see Burkes "psychiatric records" but the family denied access. Bryan Morgan said the family deserved "an island of privacy". I'm not sure if Kolar is talking about Burkes psychiatric records from before the murder or after. I hope he makes it clear at some point soon.

Yes I suppose he could have. I mean, I think he was fully capable. Too bad we'll never know.

I'm to the part in the book where Kolar wanted to see Burkes "psychiatric records" but the family denied access. Bryan Morgan said the family deserved "an island of privacy". I'm not sure if Kolar is talking about Burkes psychiatric records from before the murder or after. I hope he makes it clear at some point soon.
    I think he was interested in ALL of the medical records - JonBenet's, and Burke's for sure, Patsy's and John's as well.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

It has always angered me that the Rs refused to allow access to JB's medical and school records. And the pediatrician swore he'd never allow access either. I mean, this is the MUDRER, not just the death, of their daughter and his patient. EVERY bit of information will help. There are a few things that scream "parental involvement and coverup" This is one of them. Unless there is something to hide, there is simply no excuse.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Yes, I do think BR could have done that. She couldn't resist after her skull
    had been crushed.

I think if PR would have found her just unconscious they would have called 911.

But, seeing what BR had done ... that's when the cover up began.
    They had to figure out how to explain why she was found in that
    condition.
    JMO, brenk

Quote Originally Posted by brenk View Post
    Yes, I do think BR could have done that. She couldn't resist after her skull
    had been crushed.

I think if PR would have found her just unconscious they would have called 911.

But, seeing what BR had done ... that's when the cover up began.
    They had to figure out how to explain why she was found in that
    condition.
    JMO, brenk
    I have had a very hard time believing that Patsy or John could have actually pulled that cord taught around their beloved daughter's neck...and managed to fake the kidnapping after that. I can see Burke doing the whole thing, including poking JonBenet with the train tracks to see if she would respond. The paintbrush could have been done by him as well, not to cover up, but to just hurt her more at the end. After all, she wasn't bleeding or anything, so for all he knew, she might recover. Well, the cord finished that.

I have had a very hard time believing that Patsy or John could have actually pulled that cord taught around their beloved daughter's neck...and managed to fake the kidnapping after that. I can see Burke doing the whole thing, including poking JonBenet with the train tracks to see if she would respond. The paintbrush could have been done by him as well, not to cover up, but to just hurt her more at the end. After all, she wasn't bleeding or anything, so for all he knew, she might recover. Well, the cord finished that.
    I find it hard to imagine too...but then I think it's possible that Patsy discovered what had happened, and in her grief and panic realised that she would lose not just one child, but both, if the truth came out. Perhaps she decided that no matter what, she would protect Burke so that she didn't lose him too. If that meant doing something awful to cover up his actions, perhaps she was prepared to do that, no matter how horrific it was. The alternative was to lose both children in one night.

I know it seems unlikely, but then so does most of what happened :(