Ramseys said "no anger" towards JBR's killer; JAR said killer deserved "forgiveness"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Consider this:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/11/slain....ranscript.html

Aired January 1, 1997

RAMSEY, P: And if anyone knows anything, please, please help us. For the safety of all of the children, we have to find out who did this.

RAMSEY, J: Not because we're angry, but because we have got to go on.

----------

http://thehistoryvault.tripod.com/02291999feedingfrenzy-bw.htm

February 29, 1999

Diane Hallis, who worked at Access Graphics, recalls that John Ramsey would look out the third floor windows of the offices trying to spot reporters. "He hated them," she says. "His anger was directed toward the media, but never toward the killer. He never mentioned the killer."

----------

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0930test.shtml

September 30, 1999

According to a story published in the October 1997 issue of Vanity Fair, John Andrew Ramsey was asked in a videotaped police interview what punishment he thought JonBenet's killer deserved.

"Forgiveness," was his answer, according to that article. Police then detailed for him the barbarity of the crime against JonBenet , and posed the question a second time. Again, he said, "Forgiveness."

----------

Less than a week after JonBenet's lifeless body was found, John went on national television to say he and Patsy were not angry at the "creature" who invaded their home and was supposedly responsible for JonBenet's murder.

John Ramsey NEVER expressed any anger toward JonBenet's killer, only anger toward the media AND Steve Thomas, who blew the whistle on the corruption behind the case, as well as the Ramsey's non-cooperation with the investigation. You can FEEL John's anger toward Steve Thomas just reading the transcript of the Larry King Live show aired May 31, 2000.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/31/lkl.00.html

Add to John and Patsy's lack of anger at the killer the fact that even when confronted with the horrible details of JonBenet's death, John Andrew Ramsey, son of John Ramsey, and older half-brother of Burke and JonBenet, said TWICE her killer only deserved, "forgiveness."

Why would the Ramseys not be angry with their child's killer immediately after her gruesome death? Why would they continue not to be angry or mention the killer? Why would John's son, John Andrew Ramsey, say "forgiveness" when asked by detectives (soon after JonBenet's death) what the killer deserved?

Was JonBenet's death caused by a sex-crazed, psychopathic, intruder, kidnapper, ransom-note writing, foreign faction or accidentally, in a rage, by a family member?

The forensic evidence, and the behavior of the Ramsey family, says it was the latter.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Cherokee--as always, you present your theories intelligently and back your views consistently with facts. I think you'd make a great prosecutor. Better than Lacy, that's for sure.

3. BobC

Not that that's saying much...

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

In Lacy's defense, I want to say that she's a WORLD-CLASS ASSWIPE, and Cherokee isn't even in that sport.

5. Cherokee

Ha ha ... no, that's not saying much!

A one-celled amoeba with a hangover would make a better prosecutor than Lacy, and they'd also be more ethical and have more critical thinking skills!

6. heymom

heymom Member

I got a call from the one-celled amoeba union, Cherokee, and they were incensed that you would imply that 1) they drink and 2) they would be interested in Lacy's job - they have higher standards!

7. cynic

cynic Member

You don’t want to be seeing this in your microscope.

[​IMG]

8. heymom

heymom Member

:rotfl::laughup:

9. Cherokee

Ha ha, mea culpa! Of course they have higher standards! NO ONE and NOTHING has lower standards than Lacy! :sperm:

10. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you here, Bob!

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:spit:

Oh. My. God.

Someone better take that image program away from cynic NOW! Before I run out of Depends!

:floor: :laffbig: :rolling::laughup:

12. heymom

heymom Member

What happened to JAR?

Just wondered what John Ramsey's older son is doing these days.

13. Cherokee

Go here and start with post #24:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10046&page=2

I recently tried to track down JAR, but there is scant mention of his present whereabouts on the internet, so I asked if anyone knew where he was. I was hoping Why_Nut might know. Cynic related that John mentioned (in his recent book) they called JAR and family in Colorado two years ago during Christmas 2010.

14. Cherokee

I don't believe JAR was at the Ramsey house on Christmas night 1996, but I think he was told later, or guessed at what happened. In my opinion, JAR's comment could have been made about his younger half-brother, Burke.

If the initial head injury was done by Burke and was accidental; as in, done in a moment of anger and passion and not premeditated, then Patsy (and possibly John) helped cover it up because they feared the consequences of what Burke had done, plus the recent discovery of sexual molestation of JonBenet. JAR would have been sympathetic to his family's position and understanding about Burke, especially early in the investigation when he was questioned and before the Ramseys started throwing friends and others under the bus.

15. Karen

Karen Member

I remember reading somewhere, maybe one of the police interviews or ST's book, that John Ramsey said he didn't believe JAR said this. He said it didn't even sound like him. Does anybody else remember this?

I guess that's pretty much our proof that JAR did say it! lol!

16. BobC

I'm with you, C. Imagine the horror of having already lost one daughter, and walking in on another daughter who is dead or close to it, and having to make a decision as to what to do in that situation if your son did something out of a violent rage. All your options are ugly.

These things happen. Remember that 10 YO red-headed kid (I'm going off memory here) who just led that 4 YO boy into a field and smashed his head in with a rock? Today he is still incarcerated, and he really didn't have a good reason for what he did. He was picked on at school and was mad. Why he did what he did, and why he picked that little boy, is a mystery even to him. The little boy was "handy." that was about it.

17. heymom

heymom Member

Where did that happen, BobC? I don't remember that case. Did they try the boy as an adult? Is that even possible?

I am pretty sure some phone calls were made in the middle of the night from the Ramsey house...and possibly advice given about the best course of action to take.

P.S. If JAR really DID say that "forgiveness" was what should be offered to the killer of JonBenet, that could simply mean that he takes his Christian faith very seriously. It would be difficult to be so forgiving immediately after such a horrendous event, but some people are more anchored in Christ and can do it. Then again, it could have meant that he did know more or less what happened and could forgive because he loved the perpetrator(s).

18. BobC

19. heymom

heymom Member

20. Tez

Tez Member

I remember watching the famous CNN interview. I still remember my initial impressions...Picking my jaw up off of the floor, thinking that Patsy was drugged to the gills, and then thinking what kind of parents are ready to move on a week later?

I can't wait to read this book. I've already got my refills for my anxiety meds and blood pressure meds, because I am sure I am going to need them.

It's been seven years since my first BIL drowned, and it's taken me that long to let go of the anger over the stupidity of the whole situation. And he was my BIL. If it were one of my children, I'd probably still be in basket weaving 101, because I don't think I could move on. And if I could, I would probably never be the same again. But yet, these "parents" were ready to move on less than a week after their baby was murdered in their home....WTF????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice