Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Just wondered what John Ramsey's older son is doing these days.
    Go here and start with post #24:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...t=10046&page=2

I recently tried to track down JAR, but there is scant mention of his present whereabouts on the internet, so I asked if anyone knew where he was. I was hoping Why_Nut might know. Cynic related that John mentioned (in his recent book) they called JAR and family in Colorado two years ago during Christmas 2010.

I don't believe JAR was at the Ramsey house on Christmas night 1996, but I think he was told later, or guessed at what happened. In my opinion, JAR's comment could have been made about his younger half-brother, Burke.

If the initial head injury was done by Burke and was accidental; as in, done in a moment of anger and passion and not premeditated, then Patsy (and possibly John) helped cover it up because they feared the consequences of what Burke had done, plus the recent discovery of sexual molestation of JonBenet. JAR would have been sympathetic to his family's position and understanding about Burke, especially early in the investigation when he was questioned and before the Ramseys started throwing friends and others under the bus.

I remember reading somewhere, maybe one of the police interviews or ST's book, that John Ramsey said he didn't believe JAR said this. He said it didn't even sound like him. Does anybody else remember this?

I guess that's pretty much our proof that JAR did say it! lol!

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

I'm with you, C. Imagine the horror of having already lost one daughter, and walking in on another daughter who is dead or close to it, and having to make a decision as to what to do in that situation if your son did something out of a violent rage. All your options are ugly.

These things happen. Remember that 10 YO red-headed kid (I'm going off memory here) who just led that 4 YO boy into a field and smashed his head in with a rock? Today he is still incarcerated, and he really didn't have a good reason for what he did. He was picked on at school and was mad. Why he did what he did, and why he picked that little boy, is a mystery even to him. The little boy was "handy." that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I'm with you, C. Imagine the horror of having already lost one daughter, and walking in on another daughter who is dead or close to it, and having to make a decision as to what to do in that situation if your son did something out of a violent rage. All your options are ugly.

These things happen. Remember that 10 YO red-headed kid (I'm going off memory here) who just led that 4 YO boy into a field and smashed his head in with a rock? Today he is still incarcerated, and he really didn't have a good reason for what he did. He was picked on at school and was mad. Why he did what he did, and why he picked that little boy, is a mystery even to him. The little boy was "handy." that was about it.
    Where did that happen, BobC? I don't remember that case. Did they try the boy as an adult? Is that even possible?

I am pretty sure some phone calls were made in the middle of the night from the Ramsey house...and possibly advice given about the best course of action to take.

P.S. If JAR really DID say that "forgiveness" was what should be offered to the killer of JonBenet, that could simply mean that he takes his Christian faith very seriously. It would be difficult to be so forgiving immediately after such a horrendous event, but some people are more anchored in Christ and can do it. Then again, it could have meant that he did know more or less what happened and could forgive because he loved the perpetrator(s).
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

My memory was off a bit--he was 13 when he killed the 4 YO

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/sto...oq3bpwOBg.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    My memory was off a bit--he was 13 when he killed the 4 YO

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/sto...oq3bpwOBg.cspx
    Wow, that's horrible. He's now 32 and has been in prison since he was 13 - I wouldn't recommend parole either. I'm afraid that as a 13 year old, he DID know better and is probably a sociopath.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

I remember watching the famous CNN interview. I still remember my initial impressions...Picking my jaw up off of the floor, thinking that Patsy was drugged to the gills, and then thinking what kind of parents are ready to move on a week later?

I can't wait to read this book. I've already got my refills for my anxiety meds and blood pressure meds, because I am sure I am going to need them.

It's been seven years since my first BIL drowned, and it's taken me that long to let go of the anger over the stupidity of the whole situation. And he was my BIL. If it were one of my children, I'd probably still be in basket weaving 101, because I don't think I could move on. And if I could, I would probably never be the same again. But yet, these "parents" were ready to move on less than a week after their baby was murdered in their home....WTF????

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    I remember watching the famous CNN interview. I still remember my initial impressions...Picking my jaw up off of the floor, thinking that Patsy was drugged to the gills, and then thinking what kind of parents are ready to move on a week later?

I can't wait to read this book. I've already got my refills for my anxiety meds and blood pressure meds, because I am sure I am going to need them.

It's been seven years since my first BIL drowned, and it's taken me that long to let go of the anger over the stupidity of the whole situation. And he was my BIL. If it were one of my children, I'd probably still be in basket weaving 101, because I don't think I could move on. And if I could, I would probably never be the same again. But yet, these "parents" were ready to move on less than a week after their baby was murdered in their home....WTF????
    So sorry about your brother-in-law Tez. How Sad!

As for the Ramseys they were such a callous pair!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post

I thought the same thing, Tez, that Patsy looked like she was on heavy doses of Valium, and that both of them had to be lying. No parent could lose a child like that and be talking about "moving on" in less than a week. I would NEVER be able to move on, and would probably have to be institutionalized. Patsy and John's behavior makes more and more sense if we consider that it may have been Burke who delivered the blow to JonBenet's head. They would want to "move on" in order to keep the one child they had left.

I too, am sorry to hear about your BIL. It must have been a horrible thing to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    No parent could lose a child like that and be talking about "moving on" in less than a week. I would NEVER be able to move on, and would probably have to be institutionalized. Patsy and John's behavior makes more and more sense if we consider that it may have been Burke who delivered the blow to JonBenet's head. They would want to "move on" in order to keep the one child they had left.
    My thoughts exactly, especially the sentence I bolded.

Patsy and John had a reason to "move on" with their lives; the protection, and raising, of Burke. They didn't want to lose him also. All the lies, all the misdirection, all the rehearsed answers, and all the innocent people thrown under the Ramsey bus, happened because Patsy and John had to shield Burke, and later, had to shield themselves for participating in the cover-up of what really happened to JonBenet.

What the Ramseys didn't realize in their cover-up was the ransom note was too long, and the crime scene was too staged; but, they still might have gotten away with it if Steve Thomas hadn't been brave enough to write a book exposing the corruption and unethical actions in the case, starting with Boulder DA Alex Hunter's office.

Another thing the Ramseys, and the Boulder DA, didn't count on was how the internet, in its infancy, would play a huge part in the dissemination of evidence and information from the case. JonBenet's death was no longer was a local case that could be hushed up by local lawyers, politicians and back-room deals, as has been done since time began. Once the Ramsey case went worldwide on the web, the Ramsey's cover-up was seen for what it was.

Thanks to James Kolar, another courageous detective who saw that Boulder DA Mary Lacy, Alex Hunter's replacement, had no interest in pursuing the truth and evidence about the Ramsey case because it might "hurt her relationship with the Ramseys," we now know more of the story.

Consequently, a huge rip has been torn through the shield of the cover-up that began on Christmas night 1996. The events surrounding JonBenet's death are starting to fall into place and make sense, and the reasons FOR the cover-up are being confirmed.

"A horrific domestic accident," as stated by Dr. Henry Lee (who saw all the Ramsey DNA and case evidence) WAS the catalyst that threatened to expose family secrets of sexual abuse/experimentation and a less-than-perfect family. In order to protect a child, and possibly others, the truth was twisted into a ligature, and reality was laid to rest in a cold basement.

If the Ramseys couldn't save JonBenet; they COULD save Burke. Patsy and John always said it was a good thing JonBenet died when she did because she had fulfilled her purpose on this earth, and she would never know the heartache of cancer or the LOSS OF A CHILD. What a chilling thing to say, but it's the closest we ever got to a confession from Patsy and John of what really happened.

There is nothing worse than the loss of a child; except the loss of another child.

Well stated, Cherokee. Very well stated. From all the quotes that KK has posted, I expect this book to have an effect on the Ramseys. They will try to deny it, disclaim it, destroy it and the author, but since his book is based on the case evidence, they won't be able to accomplish that.

Television didn't help the Ramseys disappear either. The coverage of the pageant aspect of JonBenet's short life captured a lot of people's attention and drew a lot of criticism, but even that might have eventually died away had it not been for the internet. However, the internet also gave rise to the Ramsey Spin Team and people like Jameson and Mame. :shrug:

Dr. Lee was wrong about one thing, though. He termed it an "horrific domestic accident." But whatever was brought down upon JonBenet's head that night was no accident. Perhaps the person who did it was angry, but anger is no accident. Neither was the staging an accident. Accidental homicide, I suppose...No intention to kill the other, but using deadly force does mean something.

I sure can't say what I would do in such a terrible situation...IF Burke really did smash his sister's head in. He couldn't be prosecuted in Colorado, but I suppose he would have been removed from the home and institutionalized for some time, at least. Maybe his anger was specific to JonBenet and now that she is gone, he is not a risk to others. I don't know if anyone knows, but if anything happens for the rest of his life, the shadow will pursue him, and could overtake him at any time.