Sexual Behavior Problems (SBP) - from James Kolar's book about Ramsey case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 27, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It seems important to have a thread specifically for this topic, as it is a major point of his investigation in Kolar's book.

As you're reading Kolar's book, please feel free to add your thoughts, observations, theories, opinions, and quotes on this thread, if you have any you'd like to discuss on this issue.

I'd like to begin with a couple of telling passages, because they reveal typical Team Ramsey items of complete disinformation we've been fed...since very early in the investigation. It's hard to believe modern law enforcement officers of the court behave this way; but it seems we humans have a very difficult time with our own distorted perceptions of how we can and can't behave--all evidence to the contrary, really.

After Kolar presented his own Power Point presentation to Lacy and a few of her attorneys for six hours in January of 2006, he asked for follow-up on obtaining evidence for the direction his "fresh eyes" had determined the investigation should have taken at that point.

Lacy's response was clear: Close yourself, fresh eyes.

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?, by A. James Kolar; p.281-82

Now we can see why Lacy and Smit were so simpatico: they both investigated the case with their imagination firmly in place of the facts.

Sadly, we have known since she buddied-up with Wood in 2002 this was the case, but now we have it confirmed.

But the Sword of Damocles hanging over the Ramsey's Umbrella of Suspicion all these years finally drops here, with this simple admission by Boulder ADA Bill Nagel:

Pages 284-85

Kolar presents that note in the book, including the two sections Hunter crossed out before signing and sending it back to Wood.

Kolar left the DA's Office not long after his presentation. He writes he knew he was committing political suicide before he showed it to Lacy, but as Fate would have it, he got offered his old position back in Telluride about this time, so he had a safety net should his recommendations result in him being shown the door.

Lucky for us Lacy's now legendary Team Ramsey maneuvers, costing the citizens of Colorado more than money, inspired him to continue his own quest for justice for JonBenet.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

I am ordering this book on payday, next week, can't wait to get it. Thanks to Cynic, KK and everyone else giving their thoughts on the book. I am in the minority, and have gone back and forth in this case as far as who could have done this. I will await reading the book to really admit my feelings in this case.

I have felt from early on that for sure:

Patsy wrote that note

John knew about what happened early on. IMO, he was waiting for the police to find JonBenet and when it wasn't happening soon enough, Arndt gave him the OK to search the house after 1:00 p.m. that day and that was his chance. I don't know he had anything to do with the actual murder, but he had to have known what happened before the cops were called, with all I've read.

I still believe (not John) that it was a male Ramsey molesting JonBenet. I will just say that my original thought was Burke. JAR is a stretch, I know, but due to KK's original (long ago) research on him, I still wonder about his presence in the house. He also could have been molesting her. Just too many things point in both directions. Remember the fibers of John's (shirt?) being in the crotch of her underwear or something like that? Yeah, maybe he changed her innocently. Between Patsy and John's fibers, no way were neither of them involved in the coverup.

I know most people think Patsy killed JonBenet. I remember Delmar telling me to not think about me being a woman and killing my child. He made some good points, and his "garrotte" analysis was excellent and made sense. HOWEVER....after reading snippets of this book, I am back to my original thought on this case. Burke was an odd duck and I know he was off limits to talk about on some forums because he was cleared by Hunter and a minor at the time. But I do remember his odd police/pyschological interviews and I still stick by my guns. Now the train track thing. He did get p i s s e d at her before. So shoot me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Elle

Elle Member

Then Mary Lacy should be charged with obstruction of justice by refusing to check out evidence found in the Ramsey home. All she was concerned about was losing the Ramsey's friendship. KK?

4. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree Elle. Had no idea this happened. What a mess.

5. koldkase

I'm not sure how much of this I should post, but as Chief Kolar stated he wrote this to get information about the case into the public, I'm going to go for it. Mods, if you need to edit, go ahead, no problem.

This is by no means the entirety of Kolar's chapter on SBP. It's a long chapter with astonishing statistics and sources on the violent and sometimes criminal behaviors of children and minors in this country, specifically in 1996. It's a must read for this case.

This section is more specific to this murder, though, so brace yourselves for some evidence we have not known about, as well as putting some we have into context. It's not pretty.

From FF:WRKJ?, Kolar; pages 367-70:

6. koldkase

Did you see the quote on another thread where Pastor Holverstock said he heard JR say, upon bringing up JB's body, something really strange? Let's see if I can find it again.

Here it is:

Father Holverstock, the Ramseys' pastor who had been called to the home by Fernie to help calm the Ramseys early that morning, was interviewed by LE:

Page 88

Kolar has already recounted by this point that White and Arndt both said the child was cold to the touch, with the smell of death, Arndt said.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  7. koldkase

No doubt Lacy AND Hunter should be investigated and, IMO, charged with obstruction, not to mention, dereliction of duty or something really legal sounding like that.

But that will never happen. The foxes don't complain when one gets caught eating a hen from the henhouse they're guarding.

8. heymom

heymom Member

Oh my goodness.

That new info. has my mouth hanging open.

Feces all over JonBenet's room? In a box of CANDY?? OMG! Even if it was JonBenet who was soiling her bed in order to keep an abuser away, why would she defecate or put feces in a box of candy??

How old was Burke when Patsy first got cancer? That is an odd response to a mother's illness - to smear feces on the wall like a baby...very odd indeed...

This gets sicker and sicker as the days go by. There was a LOT more going on in that house than we ever heard about.

The book title, "Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong?" :eek:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. heymom

heymom Member

Now we hear about butt-prints in the carpet??

As I was packing up my computer and projector, she told me
    about something that Tom Wickman had purportedly observed
    during the execution of the search warrants at the Ramsey home.
    He reportedly had observed the impression of someone’s buttocks
    in the carpet of the hallway outside JonBenét’s second floor
    bedroom. It appeared that someone had been sitting on the
    floor with their knees up around their chest, leaning against
    the wall / cabinets.

Wickman purportedly told her that he thought it was where
    the intruder had been waiting while the family was at the White
    dinner party. I was aware that some intruder theorists believed it
    possible the perpetrator had entered the home while the family
    was away that evening, and that he had written the ransom note
    while awaiting their return. Apparently, Lacy thought that
    Wickman was suggesting the intruder had found some time to sit
    on the floor outside JonBenét’s bedroom after penning his note.

I didn’t recall seeing anything like that in any of the police
    reports I had read and subsequently asked Wickman about it.

He told me he had no idea what I was talking about.

The Phantom Butt-Print??? Could LE tell what brand of pants the "intruder" had been wearing?? I mean, there was that random Hi-Tech bootprint in the wine cellar...

:no::beammeup::rolleyes:

10. Elle

Elle Member

One thing still puzzles me folks, me when it comes to this business about JonBenét being changed by whomever (?. She was six years old and surely could change herself (?). Short of being lazy and we have all heard she shouted on anyone to come and clean her when she was on the toilet, but no age limit was given for those particular times. Short of soiling the sheets, she was old enough to change her own underwear at six years old.

Good grief what did JonBenét do when she was at the pageants? Did her mother have to strip her down when she was paying a visit to the toilet?
    Did she go by herself? Something just doesn't seem right to me. Six years old and still being changed by her parents or whomever just doesn't seem right to me(?). I wonder if the housekeeper noticed this at all(?).

11. heymom

heymom Member

Elle, I have wondered about this from the early days of following the case. But I believe that Patsy did treat JonBenet like a younger child, and you know what? You have just brought up a very good point that I'm not sure anyone has thought about.

Okay, so JonBenet is all dolled up for a pageant, and suddenly, she says she has to go to the bathroom. It's time to go on stage, and there is NO WAY Patsy is missing her chance for JonBenet to win another trophy. So JonBenet has to hold it, perhaps causing herself a UTI in the process. Or, Patsy may have deprived JonBenet of water, so she wouldn't have to go potty during a pageant performance. I can see Patsy "prioritizing" and making sure JonBenet did not need to use the toilet, including forcing her to go when she didn't need to go, or didn't think she needed to go.

Of course at 6 years old, JonBenet should have been taking care of her own toileting, changing, and most of her dressing. Most kids of 4 or 5 already have pretty good boundaries in place and want to "do it myself!" But JonBenet was used to being taken care of, taken places she didn't want to go, doing things she didn't want to do. It was all out of her control, anyway. So why would she bother being independent on the toilet?

12. Karen

Karen Member

o m g !!!!!!! I'm going to revisit all the evidence we've known about forever and look at it with one particular individual in mind. From everything I can think of off the top of my head it's all finally starting to fall into place and make sense. I never thought I would say it is all starting to make sense when I considered this case, but it's true now. It's really really true. WOW. I'm shocked.

Thank you koldkase for posting this info. Amazon emailed me and they're sending my book a week earlier than what was scheduled so I will have it by the 31st at the latest.

I'm still sitting here stunned..................!

ETA: So this is why the BPD wanted to interview Burke again in 2010, under a new DA.?

Did he say anything about the book "Campfire Tales"?
    Patsy said in one of her interviews the book "Why Johnny can't tell right from wrong" was about the public school system, given to her by her father. !!!!!!!!

13. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?, by A. James Kolar; p.281-82

--------------

Quote:

I pointed out that Ramsey attorneys had effectively withheld medical records from the prosecution during the investigation, and I specifically referred to John Ramsey’s interview of June 1998.

I felt, that given the above information, we should be revisiting and intensifying our investigation of the involvement of the family. Among other things, we should be seeking the psychiatric records of Burke to determine if he had had any knowledge of the death of his sister, either through a grand jury or by asking the Ramseys for the information.

I believed wholeheartedly that this was a viable investigative lead that deserved pursuit. If nothing came of it, then at least we could say that we had covered all of our bases.

Mary Lacy’s response is something that I will have difficulty
    ever forgetting.

She told me that she was unwilling to pursue that lead because she ‘didn’t want to harm her relationship with the Ramsey family.’

This response left me speechless, and it effectively ended the
    presentation. At that juncture, I felt that nothing more could be
    said, or done, that would sway Lacy from this position.

----------------

Lacey was more worried about her personal friendship with the Ramseys (which she should never have had a an investigator of the case) than finding the truth of who killed JonBenet or what really happened that night.

No wonder Lacy was so invested in finding or inventing an intruder, and exonerating the Ramseys! It was in her OWN personal best interest to do so!

14. heymom

heymom Member

Completely and totally unprofessional, really it's scandalous for a DA to have a close personal relationship with suspects in a murder case! And they always WERE suspects, at least to people without that close personal relationship.

It does make me wonder again, who the Ramseys may have called early in the morning on 12/26. Why would so many officials, who should have been advocates for JonBenet, instead desert her and protect her lying parents? No one, NOT ONE person, stood up for JonBenet. They all sided with her parents. Why?

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? by A. James Kolar; pages 367-70:

------------------

Quote:

I had reviewed an investigator’s report that documented a 1997 interview with former Ramsey nanny – housekeeper Geraldine Vodicka, who stated that Burke had smeared feces on the walls of a bathroom during his mother’s first bout with cancer. She told investigators that Nedra Paugh, who was visiting the Ramsey home at the time, had directed her to clean up the mess.

There were other police reports in the files that documented what I thought could be viewed as related behavior. CSIs had written about finding a pair of pajama bottoms in JonBenét’s bedroom that contained fecal material. They were too big for her and were thought to belong to Burke.

Additionally, a box of candy located in her bedroom had also been observed to be smeared with feces. Both of these discoveries had been made during the processing of the crime scene during the execution of search warrants following the discovery of JonBenét’s body.

I wondered whether fecal material observed in pajamas thought to belong to Burke, and smeared on the box of candy in his sister’s bedroom, could have been related to the symptoms of scatological behavior associated with SBP.

I also contemplated the reasons why a box of JonBenét’s candy would have been smeared with human excrement.

--------------------

Now we know that Burke had more problems than possible Asperger's Syndrome, a type of high-functioning autism. We've never had access to any of this information until Kolar's book, and it's obvious, the Ramseys wanted to keep it that way. Their attorneys insistence that Hunter sign a paper declaring Burke a non-suspect, and Burke's continued refusal to talk with investigators, all makes sense in view of the evidence coming to light.

The Ramseys used that piece of paper from Alex Hunter to sue any media organization that tried to report on Burke and keep a lid on the evidence ... but now Pandora's Box has been opened.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Just think heymom, if she was used to crawling in beside Burke because her bed was wet, was she crawling in with wet jammies? Not a happy time for Burke, I'm thinking! (?). The housekeeper Linda did state when she arrived in the morning, Patsy Ramsey often had JonBenét's sheets in the washer, so it must have happened on a regular basis. Yes, JB probably was used to having a lot of attention.

17. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Whoa:eek:

Koldkase, thank you so much for posting the book excerpts. (I'm waiting for my book to arrive.)

18. heymom

heymom Member

Asperger's Syndrome

I have forgotten, how do we know or suspect that Burke has Asperger's? I seem to remember he may have had problems socializing, but we have almost no information about Burke, really.

These new revelations are so astounding. I'm with Karen, I'm seriously beginning to change my beliefs about this case.

:yow::unreal::idea:

Cannot wait to get my book! The family better not bother me while I devour it! :book:

19. Tez

Tez Member

I am picking my jaw up again....KK, thank you for posting this information.

I've already told my family that I will be "werking" when my book gets here, and the first person to bother me, well, they will be duct taped to a chair somewhere, that includes my husband....LOL

I have never been able to dismiss Burke as a suspect. I know Patsy wrote the note, and I know John helped in the cover-up. The problem was, I could never make all the pieces fit with just Patsy as the killer or John. I'd always have some left over...LOL

Now, when I read what KK has been posting, I'm starting to put the puzzle together again, and some of the pieces are fitting. Hmm.....

JMO.

20. koldkase

You're welcome. I know it's hard to see discussion and feel left out while waiting for the book.

I'm only hitting a few spots, though. This book is so much like Thomas' book, 12 years later. Kolar went through EXACTLY what Thomas did, only with Lacy instead of Hunter.

Kolar is a very good detective; Lou Smit isn't even in the same league of skill and intelligence as Kolar.

So Kolar meticulously goes over the evidence, specifically to prove or disprove the intruder theory, initially with the full intention of trying to solve the case. I mean, it IS a homicide case. Not that this matters in Boulder....

Once he begins to unravel Team Ramsey's loosely constructed intruder web of fantasy with actual evidence, not some bugaboo, swear-to-god-you-didn't-do-it nonsense, he quickly learns how fast Team Ramsey will turn on him.

Lacy all but had him arrested for investigating the case at all. She did issue a veiled threat to sue him for writing a report on his findings and sending the report to the BPD and the governor.

I'm not making this up.

That's Mary "I'm in charge of the JB investigation and finding the intruder" Lacy.

It's truly the final straw in this case: we learn how Kolar, first hand, from the inside, saw the same pattern repeated that Hunter had set in this case.

I.e., if you can't find an intruder, fine. But do not EVER investigate the Ramseys! And keep your mouth shut or we will bury you.

Just like the Ramseys buried their secrets with JonBenet.

We have said for years the DAs in Boulder are corrupt. This is the second time we have seen proof of that very thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice