Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 160
  1. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    I think the big mistake was putting JonBenét into the windowless room in the basement and then locking it with the wooden bar above the door. One policeman took one look at that lock at the top and left it alone. It is difficult for me to think the Ramseys thought they would ever be left alone?. Not very well planned out. Patsy wasted too much time writing the ransom note.

    What a strange situation. Linda Arndt is the one whose clothes are taken in a plastic bag, while the Ramseys are free to go to the Fernies' and stay there.
    The police were not in charge of this scene at all! Unbelievable!

    You are right Learnin! Linda Arndt gave John the chance to set the wheels in motion to find JonBenét.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  2. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Exclamation

    Elle, your post #34 re. the video set up through out the house gave me a jolt when I first read it too. My comment to myself was 'HOW SNEAKY!' it was stated that "Ramsey attorneys and their team of investigators took responsibility for placing the recorders but no one ever admitted to activating the recorder before the investigators arrived on the scene that day." And that further they had to be set manually and that was done. Now that is sneaky. For what purpose and what if anything was found on the tapes? Who knows? And WHO WAS WATCHING WHO? (or is it whom). Where are those tapes now? and how long were they in the house or even better when actually did they get put in? And for exactly what purpose? No one ever said. It was the next day and already there were cameras placed everywhere? Why? It was important enough that Kolar mentioned it. And it was the first we had ever heard of it, and the last too.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  3. #99
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    I'd like to know which rooms the four spy cams were in.

  4. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Elle, your post #34 re. the video set up through out the house gave me a jolt when I first read it too. My comment to myself was 'HOW SNEAKY!' it was stated that "Ramsey attorneys and their team of investigators took responsibility for placing the recorders but no one ever admitted to activating the recorder before the investigators arrived on the scene that day." And that further they had to be set manually and that was done. Now that is sneaky. For what purpose and what if anything was found on the tapes? Who knows? And WHO WAS WATCHING WHO? (or is it whom). Where are those tapes now? and how long were they in the house or even better when actually did they get put in? And for exactly what purpose? No one ever said. It was the next day and already there were cameras placed everywhere? Why? It was important enough that Kolar mentioned it. And it was the first we had ever heard of it, and the last too.
    Wasn't this a great discovery for the detectives, zoomama?. The Ramsey Team thought they were being smart recording everything which was being said by the cops. I'm so glad these detectives had sharp eyes noticing the thin wires under the basement stairs. This sent the Ramsey team a message! I'm glad they kicked in that door!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  5. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I'd like to know which rooms the four spy cams were in.
    Don't know if Kolar elaborates further on this situation, Bob (?). Would be interesting to find out more!

    If the Ramsey Team could plant hidden cams in four rooms, Bob, what else did they do which wasn't discovered?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  6. #102
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    I don't think Kolar says which rooms, Elle--but I'd be interested as to which rooms the Ramseys wanted monitored. Since the PI's were hired to bolster the R's defense, I'll bet they wanted those cameras in places where the "action" took place--as in the night of the murder.

    The Ramseys, IMO, wanted to know if the detectives were "getting warm."

    Remember, the Ramsey's hired PI's the day after the murder, and the first person they tried to talk to was Fleet White, who, at the time, wasn't a suspect. The Ramseys, obviously, were trying to get their stories straight rather than find any killer.

  7. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I don't think Kolar says which rooms, Elle--but I'd be interested as to which rooms the Ramseys wanted monitored. Since the PI's were hired to bolster the R's defense, I'll bet they wanted those cameras in places where the "action" took place--as in the night of the murder.

    The Ramseys, IMO, wanted to know if the detectives were "getting warm."

    Remember, the Ramsey's hired PI's the day after the murder, and the first person they tried to talk to was Fleet White, who, at the time, wasn't a suspect. The Ramseys, obviously, were trying to get their stories straight rather than find any killer.
    I hear you, Bob, and if their scheme had worked they would have been able to continue further with their innocent plea.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  8. #104
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    If it had been my kid murdered, I'd have those PI's checking on the people I supposedly thought killed her--not my best friend. Ergo, the Ramsey's had a different motive for hiring those PI's.

  9. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    If it had been my kid murdered, I'd have those PI's checking on the people I supposedly thought killed her--not my best friend. Ergo, the Ramsey's had a different motive for hiring those PI's.
    JR had no friends, at least none he wasn't willing to throw under the bus in order to save his own lizard skin. I think they had to know what Fleet knew - what he believed about the whole kidnap/murder thing. Maybe they wanted to know what it would cost them to make him shut up. Or maybe they wanted Fleet to understand how miserable his life was going to be if he decided to cooperate with the BPD investigation.

    Did White talk to them with a lawyer present? Or did he talk to them at all?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  10. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Don't know if Kolar elaborates further on this situation, Bob (?). Would be interesting to find out more!

    If the Ramsey Team could plant hidden cams in four rooms, Bob, what else did they do which wasn't discovered?
    If I remember correctly Kolar said the Ramseys lawyers or PI's admitted to police to putting the cameras there but they said it was because someone had vandalized the house or tried to burn it down or something so their excuse was it was for security purposes.

  11. #107

    Default

    This is actually old news; Steve Thomas went into it in some detail:
    A group of our Dream Team attorneys and detectives walked into an ambush during a visit to the Fifteenth Street Ramsey home, after receiving permission and being let in by a Realtor. As they spent two hours going from room to room, discussing how the case facts fit with the geographic layout of the house, Team Ramsey was secretly videotaping our moves.
    Police discovered four tiny cameras hidden inside motion detectors and followed the wires to a videotape recorder and monitor locked in a basement closet. The cameras covered the basement, JonBenét’s bedroom, and part of the main floor—precisely the areas where our team had stopped and talked about the case. A tape was retrieved showing our team on the site.
    The videotape recorder did not record continuously but required a physical act to switch it on. Someone had activated it only an hour and fifteen minutes before our people arrived.

    The covert surveillance could have been a crime if a listening device had also been found. I was willing to bet there was a miniaturized bug planted in there somewhere, but FBI technicians said they would be unable to find it without tearing the house apart. Beckner declared it a crime scene, had the locks changed, and seized all the video equipment as evidence.
    The Ramsey lawyers and private investigators later admitted that the video equipment belonged to them and claimed it was installed because of concerns about trespassing. If that were true, why didn’t they tell us before, and why did they have the cameras running? I didn’t believe them, but although the incident screamed for a thorough investigation, it went away, just like Computergate.

    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 271 - 272

  12. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    It has been years since I read Steve Thomas' book cynic, and I no longer have it on hand. It just jumped out at me in Kolar's book.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.



Similar Threads

  1. DNA revisited in light of James Kolar’s book
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: April 15, 2017, 11:03 am, Sat Apr 15 11:03:06 UTC 2017
  2. Jim Kolar – 45 minute video discussing the JonBenet Ramsey Case
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: February 21, 2013, 3:25 pm, Thu Feb 21 15:25:23 UTC 2013
  3. Where to buy James Kolar's book: "Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet"
    By Cherokee in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: August 18, 2012, 12:35 pm, Sat Aug 18 12:35:36 UTC 2012
  4. James Kolar's new book! It's what we have been waiting for! Daily Beast article!
    By Moab in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: August 14, 2012, 10:11 pm, Tue Aug 14 22:11:18 UTC 2012
  5. Listen to James Kolar talk about new book on Tricia's show tonight! (July 18, 2012)
    By Cherokee in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 19, 2012, 8:43 pm, Thu Jul 19 20:43:59 UTC 2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •