Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Actually since it's a self-funded printing, they only print up as many books as they have orders for, which is why it takes sometimes a couple of weeks or more to get our books. But, I still think the topic will sell books and people will finally understand what really happened.

I put up a Facebook status yesterday about JonBenet being 22...One of my younger cousins was convinced that the DNA had already exonerated the parents.
    I remember that hm. Chief Kolar did use his own money. I hope he will be refunded. I sincerely hope Chief Skolar will be safe for having the courage to set the record of this case straight. I'm sure you lectured your younger cousins on the whole case
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Me too, Mom. Carole is so good at explaining aspects of this case, but Peter cuts her off constantly. Someone needs to explain to him that just because HE knows what Carole's talking about, doesn't mean everyone who's listening does. Generally speaking, it is considered polite to allow a person to complete a sentence. God that is so irritating. I don't understand this trend amongst talk show guys who seem to feel they are more interesting when they are obnoxious.

Well, it appears that I may be alone in my view of PB.
    I have enjoyed the shows in which he covered the Ramsey case. I find him entertaining and amusing although it’s probably only because he so unabashedly attacks the Ramseys, Lacy and others that deserve it.
    That said, I completely agree with everyone that he is an abysmal interviewer.
    You need to extract information from a guest, that’s done by allowing them to speak rather than making them feel as if they are having trouble getting a word in edgewise.
    It’s too bad that Caplis and Silverman no longer have a show, they would have loved to have had Kolar on, I’m sure, and that would have been a better interview.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Well, it appears that I may be alone in my view of PB.
    I have enjoyed the shows in which he covered the Ramsey case. I find him entertaining and amusing although itís probably only because he so unabashedly attacks the Ramseys, Lacy and others that deserve it.
    That said, I completely agree with everyone that he is an abysmal interviewer.
    You need to extract information from a guest, thatís done by allowing them to speak rather than making them feel as if they are having trouble getting a word in edgewise.
    Itís too bad that Caplis and Silverman no longer have a show, they would have loved to have had Kolar on, Iím sure, and that would have been a better interview.
    Yes, I did notice his bad manners, cynic, but he just probably can't help himself. This is the way he probably is, but he still got some truth out! I liked him bashing Lacy and the Ramseys!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Me too, Mom. Carole is so good at explaining aspects of this case, but Peter cuts her off constantly. Someone needs to explain to him that just because HE knows what Carole's talking about, doesn't mean everyone who's listening does. Generally speaking, it is considered polite to allow a person to complete a sentence. God that is so irritating. I don't understand this trend amongst talk show guys who seem to feel they are more interesting when they are obnoxious.
    I guess you have to have a large ego to believe that the world basically wants to hear you talk...

Send him an email. Tell him to shut his bloody gob and listen to the guests, they might tell him something he didn't already know.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Since the biatch ball is firmly in my court, I also hated the way he'd either finish Carole's answers for her, or if she wasn't giving the "right" answer, he'd supply the correct answer. I mean why bother having her on if he wasn't interested in her views? I think Carole handled herself, as always, with class and patience, but I would have throttled him!

I have noticed that interviewers like Piers Morgan, Bill O'Rielly, Martin Bashir and others have guests on, ask questions, but you can tell by the look on their faces that they couldn't care less what the guest has to say. I love intellectually stimulating debates, but today it seems all anybody does is recite brain-dead right or leftie cliches.

Cynic--I like Peter Boyles, always have. I just think that he gets so riled up by the subterfuge in this case that he lets it get the better of him. He seemed hyper and condescending--he is capable of much better.

Thank you KK for the very detailed answer.
    What I got from that was that if there was a huge financial backer, then perhaps Kolar might have been more forthcoming, medical evidence aside.

But the self-publishing avenue suggests that is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Okay, the "feral" reference has completely confused me. So I may not be on the same page as you, because I don't know what you're thinking there.

I'm thinking you haven't read the book, right?
    'Feral' here can be used like "over the top", and you pretty much answered that when you said that you can sue anyone for anything

And no, I haven't read the book, but I will get around to it at some stage.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I guess you have to have a large ego to believe that the world basically wants to hear you talk...

Send him an email. Tell him to shut his bloody gob and listen to the guests, they might tell him something he didn't already know.
    It would just be deleted hm with a personality like that, I think Peter is Iron clad! Still he bashed Lacy and Wood, and I have no complaints about this!
    Someone has to do it when they get the chance! He does have bad manners, Bob!

P.S. You are not a Biotch! No way!
    Just my opinion.

Thanks Elle. I guess I thought it was not gentlemanly to keep interrupting Carole, since she was so cool and mannerly.

Anyway--interesting that Carole said about the GJ (Hunter probably not allowing them to vote, but Kane wanting an indictment). I always thought that was what went down all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Thanks Elle. I guess I thought it was not gentlemanly to keep interrupting Carole, since she was so cool and mannerly.

Anyway--interesting that Carole said about the GJ (Hunter probably not allowing them to vote, but Kane wanting an indictment). I always thought that was what went down all those years ago.
    No, Peter wasn't Gentleman Jim, for sure, when it came to interrupting Carole. Is she often on with him, or was this the first time? I don't listen to any shows like this here in Canada. There are many people out there like Peter, Bob. Maybe Carole told him off herself. Good manners have flown out the window for many, but Peter probably has a large following because of the way he is. Rough and tough!

It's obvious good manners were instilled in you when you were a young boy.
    and Peter Boyles isn't going to change, Bob. Next time around, don't switch him on!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Ha ha!

Nancy Grace comes to mind. Cannot. Watch.
    Nancy Grace-less you mean? She drives me nuts too. She totally sensationalized the Caylee Anthony case. It's like having the National Enquirer in the flesh. Sick. Oh, and Natalee Holloway before that. I can't believe the woman was a real lawyer.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Well thank you, Elle. I do try to be a gentleman.

Yeah Carole used to be on his show a lot way back when if I recall correctly. They used to make a good team until the lawsuits started flying.

Yeah Nancy Grace is another one who interviews people and then bulldozes right over the top of him or her. That perma-sneer on her face turns me off.