Did John find JonBenet's body at 11 a.m. and not 1 p.m.?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

If John first discovered the body at 11 a.m., then, it means BR or Patsy struck first blow.

It means John was totally unaware of JBR's death.

It means Patsy wrote the ransom note alone which means, if Burke struck the first blow, then, Patsy covered up for him without John's knowledge. I can't really buy this. If Burke struck first blow, I believe Patsy would have consulted John.

so:

If John first discovered the body at 11 a.m., then, it means Patsy most likely struck first blow.

but:

How does John, unaware that JBR has been hurt, find his daughter's dead body and not scream bloody murder? How could a father close and latch the door and walk back up stairs without screaming and breaking down?

only one way IMO:

If Patsy did it alone, and John discovered the body at 11 a.m., without screaming for help, it can only be that Patsy was framing John and John knew if he "discovered" the body, on his own, he would be in deep do do.

Thoughts?

2. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

I've wondered that as well - that he feared he'd be framed.

Or that he was totally clueless and wanted to find out what happened from Patsy before deciding what to do. If he suspected Burke, due to prior behavior and issues, he may also have wanted to stay quiet until he knew what happened.

Then do you think Patsy started calling 911 before John had a chance to stop her? It's hard to believe he could be all cordial and dressed and ready to welcome the police the way he did if he had no idea what was happening. What would he have been thinking?

3. Elle

Elle Member

John Ramsey stated he had taken a sleeping tablet that night, so he would have been out for the count during the night and wouldn't have missed Patsy in bed, which gave her time to write the War and Peace ransom note, and whatever else she was capable of doing. the fact she went to great lengths tells me she was saving her son.

I can't see John Ramsey condoning this idiotic ransom note as part of the cover up, and although in the end it did work for them. They were never charged! Sure is one big Mystery!

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

I've always leaned toward the theory that John knew from the git go or else he would've had Burke present and questioned.. He wouldn't have let Patsy call everyone over. The only other thing is he suspected Patsy from the git go and knew he was somehow implicated.

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good thoughts.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

I know John Ramsey is a liar, but if you believe what he said on Larry King Live in March of 2000, he found her much earlier than 11:00. Here is part of the transcript:

J. RAMSEY: I don't remember the sequence. I picked JonBenet up, I carried her upstairs.

KING: The police officer didn't complain about that?

J. RAMSEY: No.

KING: No? Because usually...

P. RAMSEY: It all happened so fast.

J. RAMSEY: Listen, I found my daughter. You know, I wasn't going to step back and say...

KING: I know. I am a father.

J. RAMSEY: ... oops, I am not going to touch this. This is a crime scene. I had found my precious daughter, and I was -- thank God, I found her.

KING: Did you try anything to revive her, CPR?

J. RAMSEY: I took the tape off her mouth, I tried to untie her arms. They were very tightly bound. I couldn't get the knot unbound and then I just -- I picked her up and I just screamed, the kind of scream you scream in a dream when you -- you're trying to speak, but you can't. It's just a scream.

KING: When you -- did you see her, too?

P. RAMSEY: I heard him scream.

KING: You never saw her?

P. RAMSEY: Yes, I did then see her. My friends were -- I was in the TV room and they were -- I said what is it? What is it? And they kept, you know, holding me, wait, I don't know what it is. One of our friends ran into the room and said, we need an ambulance, tried to dial 911, and I kept screaming, what is it? What is it? And, you know, then in just a couple of minutes, then I walked into the living room.

KING: What did the police say? Did they say anything? Did they...

J. RAMSEY: Well, Linda Arndt was the only police person that was there that I recall.

KING: They all had left? The others had left?

J. RAMSEY: Well, I don't know. There were a lot of people there at 3:00 in the morning.

You can read the whole interview here:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/27/lkl.00.html

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

John, you absolute liar! Those ties were so loose that Dr. Meyer, who did the autopsy, said he slipped them off JonBenet's wrists with no trouble. In fact, Meyer said he could get his finger between the cord and JonBenet's wrists, there was so much slack!

The more I read of what John Ramsey has said, I don't think we can believe a word of it. Same thing for Patsy Ramsey.

I was thinking about John saying he took a melatonin and slept all night. We've always accepted that as truth - that John took a melatonin BECAUSE HE SAID IT.

Well, I don't believe it anymore because we now have proof from many sources that if John's lips are moving, he's lying!

Furthermore, one melatonin will not usually knock out a full-grown man. They are not that strong. John was trying to paint the picture of him not knowing anything that night. Same with Burke. John wanted everyone to believe that he, Burke and Patsy all went to bed and slept through the night BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENED for them to be awake until Patsy got up to make coffee the next morning.

FICTION AND LIES!!!

I'm calling you out, John Ramsey!

The reason you made up this whole "everyone was tucked in their beds all night" scenario is because something DID happen that night - something horrific! And we've learned that if you and Patsy try to deny something or steer people away from things, it's because THAT is what really happened!

icedtea4me likes this.
  8. Thor

Thor Active Member

That's right Chero. I watched the interview with Larry/Steve Thomas and the liars the other day. I taped it and that one happened in May. I remember Steve saying "and John, you can't say you were there that night and didn't hear anything because you took the melatonin" (or something to that affect). He basicically was inferring that John you was out in dreamland. Then Lizard Tongue's response was one of my favorite parts ot that interview. John was stunned to hear this from Steve and stopped what he was going to say and then gave a sheepish laugh and changed the subject. LIARS!!! Both of them.

Yes, I had forgotten about the bound wrists that were SOOOO tight. Bullsmith, all of it. I have always remembered that 3:00 comment he made. What the $*##*#*#? I really think there was a lot going on at 3:00 a.m. that morning, and it wasn't the Ramseys going seepy bye. I also believe people in high places were called that morning to get their azzes covered. I had heard they were cozy with the then governor.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Whoa Nellie! What a Freudian slip THAT was!!! :eek: I had never seen that before.

No, I don't believe that John first found JonBenet at 11 a.m. I believe that if he had not known that she was already dead, his behavior would have been very different to Patsy's and the police would have picked up on the contrast right away. They were both acting in concert, covering up what had happened. I think one of them found JonBenet, maybe where she had been left, and then the whole cover-up began. Maybe it was really 3 a.m., like John slipped and said here.

I don't know what John was doing during that time. Maybe adding something to the staging.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Man, that interview is so full of LIES!!!

Just reading it over now, so much is not true...

John said Burke cried when he was told his sister was missing, totally a LIE! Others were there and said Burke just picked up his Nintendo and left with Fleet White.

He said the FBI never showed up. LIE!

Interesting response here from John: J. RAMSEY: Your daughter is in the hands of a monster. You don't know where. You don't know if she's cold, if she's -- you just don't know. It's a horrible feeling for...

Was he going to say, "...if she's cold, if she's stiff?" :eek:

John says they've been questioned extensively by the police. Uh-huh...no! LIE!

John says there was a door open and the police didn't tell him about it. LIE!

P. RAMSEY: The police that were there the morning of the 26th taking evidence have a lot of tangible evidence. They did a good job at collecting evidence. We have fibers. We have DNA. We have a lot of evidence. The problem was that then they did not take the evidence to where it would lead.

Yes, Patsy, and all of it seems to point right to YOU!!!

KING: Why did they think it was you?

J. RAMSEY: Because the police always go after the parents. And we understood that after...

My, could that be because there's a good reason for it??? LIE!

J. RAMSEY: The only guideline I remember, the only request that we made -- and this was after a huge gap of mistrust developed -- the police withheld JonBenet's body for burial to try to force us to submit to their terms.

LIE! LIE! LIE!

J. RAMSEY: I don't know. It's -- it's a -- what we need to do is get down to the objective here. The objective is to find the killer. I can say a lot of things about what the police did and didn't do. They can say a lot of things about what we didn't do. But let's put that aside. Let's put politics aside. Let's put egos aside.

There is a dangerous killer loose, we believe. This killer, if he's still alive, will kill again. It's time to get on with that.

LIE! LIE! LIE!

J. RAMSEY: Well, we didn't bring in lawyers. A good friend of mine who was at our home where we were staying, delivering food, sensed that something was wrong and needed to be done. He took me aside and said, "John, would you trust me to do some things here that I think are necessary?" And I said, "Yes, I would." He requested that we have counsel. And at the time, we said, "What do we need lawyers for?" He said, well, "I think it's prudent."

"So what do we need two lawyers for, for heaven's sakes?" He said, "Well, that's the way the system works, is each person has to be represented by their own attorney."

And what Mike saw became painfully and publicly clear when Linda Arndt told us on national TV...

Nope, WASN'T ME...I didn't call Mike Bynum and ask him for advice, and hire anyone, no, he was just delivering food from Pasta Jay's, he works there in his spare time, after he's done working on CASES (because is is a lawyer)!

LIE! LIE! LIE!

This whole next section is nothing but lies. I will stop here because my blood is literally boiling in my veins and I want to drink, and it's only 3:15 p.m.

J. RAMSEY: Our attorneys represented us. They were highly suspicious of the police and for good reason. The police were out to get us. We threw ourselves to the lions anyway. A good defense attorney will tell you that if they think the police are after their client, they shut up. They don't talk. They tell the police, go ahead and prove it.

We insisted that we talk to the police. We came back to Boulder after we buried JonBenet for the only reason to work with the police. We had no interest in going back to Boulder. Atlanta was our home. That's where we lived for 25 years before we moved to Colorado.

P. RAMSEY: I was afraid to go back to Boulder.

J. RAMSEY: We were afraid. We went back to work with the police to find the killer of our daughter. Our attorney sat us down and said, look, you need to understand something. First of all, your child's body was ransomed twice last week, once by the killer and once by the police. You need to understand who you're working with here. These people are not objectively looking for the killer. They are intent on convicting you of her death.

:rage::rage::rage:

11. Elle

Elle Member

heymom and Koldkase,

Reading both your posts this afternoon I quite believe you don't take prisoners! :)

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:gavel: :justice:

13. heymom

heymom Member

I'd like to take 2 prisoners.

Well, 4 actually. #1 Alex Hunter #2 Mary Lacy #3 John Ramsey and #4 Burke Ramsey.

Just let me tune up my cattle prod...

14. koldkase

I don't believe ANY of the three remaining living people in the house that morning would have acted the way they said they did, if in fact any one of them was clueless about JB's body in the basement.

Burke would not have laid in bed awake, listening to his mother's frantic cries, pretending to be asleep when his father/mother checked on him, etc. That's so much nonsense, I can't believe anyone would buy it. Sheer fight-or-flight instinct would have kicked in and Burke would have been frightened and needing answers after the first alleged scream.

I don't believe JR wouldn't have first tried to protect Patsy and Burke immediately, as well. How did they know these "intruders" weren't STILL in the house when they read the note? Puhleeze.

And Miss Take Control Patsy ignored her son lying alone and asleep in this big house, invaded by strangers, without so much as an idea he might not be safe, either? Ha.

The Ramseys didn't even admit doing a search in the house until long after they'd called 911. They never considered the foreign faction might still be there? That's truly not believable, IMO.

For starters.

I find the Ramsey's story from "I woke up" completely unbelievable.

15. koldkase

:floor:

I think there's a useless stun gun lying around the Boulder Criminal Justice Center somewhere....

16. Elle

Elle Member

You're both doing a great job here! Keep it up, and I`ll help you both tie up the prisoners!

17. heymom

heymom Member

Ha ha, the one that shocked those pigs...

I have a feeling it wouldn't knock them unconscious like Smit thought it would do to JonBenet....but I'd love to try it!!

18. Learnin

Learnin Member

Ahhhhh, yesssss! My best bet is that John knew she was down there from the git go. I always believed John became nervous, upon returning from the basement, because he was trying to figure out how JBR's body was going to be discovered before it began to stink up the place.

No dad is going to let his son lie upstairs without quizzing the hell out of him if he really thought someone took his daughter.

No husband is going to let his wife call over half the city when his daughter's life is hanging in the balance.

But, in the small chance he was ignorant until 11 a.m., then, Patsy did it alone, IMO.

19. Nickii

Nickii Member

I was thinking very much about John finding JBRs body in the wine cellar today and something came to my mind.

What if it was not "planned" to find the body at all? Then some other things would make sense:

For example:

-the ransom note states: if you do not follow the instruction blabla "you will also be denied her remains for proper burial". Such an absolute denying behaviour „no body – no crime inside the family“. Maybe the R's were speculating that the police would not search the house properly (what they did, unfortunately) and that they would just focus on the outside. Maybe they thought/planned to get rid of the body later, because they thought the police would take care of the business out of their offices.

-It would then also make sense, that the R's described their arrival home after the Whites party like the arrival of a „normal loving“ family. Putting the sleeping JBR to bed, redress her in the red turtleneck (who could proof this without the body?). I can imagine, that their statements to the police in the early hours were also part of the „staging“! Maybe they did not expect all these „simple“ questions from the police officers. And Patsy and John did not talk about these things together properly before they called the police. So all these conflicting statements happened.Maybe they also denied the pineapple snack later in the night because of the tight time line. So they could argue that they went to bed that early to be in a very deep sleep when the foreign faction arrived. (I also cannot imagine that they planned to get up at 05.30 when they were supposed to fly at 07.00! That leaves just 1,5 hours to get out of the bed, wash/shower, dress, put make up on, make coffee, get two tired children ready, pack last minute things and drive 20 or 30 minutes to the airport!!)

-Calling over all the friends: This would confuse the whole scene even more and would keep all the officers busy and turn away the attention from them. Maybe even from searching the house

-Maybe the Samsonite-suitcase was placed in the train room for carrying JB out of the house later, but this idea was abandoned for whatever reason. (Sounds crazy, but the whole case is crazy)

Maybe John lost his nerves and „found“ JB in the wine cellar. As it is stated, I think also in Mr. Kolars book, when John brought his daughter upstairs and Fleet screamed for an ambulance, Patsy seemed to know what happened and did NOT look instantly what that all was about.

These things of course do not explain the staging with the Garotte. Unfortunately I am not able to come up with a scenario that does imply all the evidence.

**sigh

PS: By the way, I have one question: Did someone here ever try to break a painbrush into 3 pieces? As far as I know there have to be 3 pieces of the paintbrush:

one piece embedded in the Garotte
    one piece was still in the paint tray
    one piece missing

I do not have a paintbrush, but I have a pencil. I can break it in 2 pieces. Not in 3! I am not strong enough. Is a paintbrush softer?

20. otg

otg Member

Cynic did (the paintbrush breaking). He even posted a video of it on his Youtube account, and there is a thread somewhere here with a discussion on it.

And on the body discovery... I too have wondered if the original plan might have been to hide the body until they had a chance to dispose of it. But then with BPD just refusing to leave... Time for Plan B.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice