Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Why John lied about breaking the window

It came to me as I awoke this morning. It's simple but it makes all the sense in the world.

When John took Fleet straight to the broken window, it is clear that John wanted Fleet to see it before discovering the body. When John claimed he had broken the window to gain access to the house, it is clear that John was saying to Fleet: "I got into my house that way, Fleet, so an intruder could have gotten into the house that way."

John's fib was meant to bait...to lead friends and investigators toward an intruder entering through that window....it was brilliant....except for one thing. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT GETTING INTO THE WINDOW WELL JOHN?
    This is why ST and TT grilled John about going through that window...I don't think they bought it.

For me, the only question that remains:

WHEN DID JOHN BECOME INVOLVED IN THE COVERUP? WAS HE INVOLVED AFTER THE HEADBLOW WAS STRUCK OR DID HE BECOME INVOLVED AFTER FINDING THE BODY AT 10 A.M. AND REALIZING THAT IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB MEANING HIS WIFE OR HIS KID WAS INVOLVED?

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    It came to me as I awoke this morning. It's simple but it makes all the sense in the world.

When John took Fleet straight to the broken window, it is clear that John wanted Fleet to see it before discovering the body. When John claimed he had broken the window to gain access to the house, it is clear that John was saying to Fleet: "I got into my house that way, Fleet, so an intruder could have gotten into the house that way."

John's fib was meant to bait...to lead friends and investigators toward an intruder entering through that window....it was brilliant....except for one thing. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT GETTING INTO THE WINDOW WELL JOHN?
    This is why ST and TT grilled John about going through that window...I don't think they bought it.

WHEN DID JOHN BECOME INVOLVED IN THE COVERUP? WAS HE INVOLVED AFTER THE HEADBLOW WAS STRUCK OR DID HE BECOME INVOLVED AFTER FINDING THE BODY AT 10 A.M. AND REALIZING THAT IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB MEANING HIS WIFE OR HIS KID WAS INVOLVED?
    Many times, I have thought the ransom note was written long before John Ramsey ever set eyes on it, Learnin, because of the practise notes having been written on Patsy's pad. One has to think of John Ramsey being a powerful business man, with the thought coming into our heads John Ramsey would never have condoned a War and Peace ransom note. Having said this! He did condone it, with Patsy making the phone call, not John, the business man. Time was of the essence!

With JonBenét already dead, with the time given by the coroner as approximately after 11:00 pm on the 26th December, 1996. I cannot see Patsy Ramsey carrying JonBenét's body, now a dead weight, performing the finishing touches herself.

Whatever went on between John and Patsy that fateful night, it worked, didn't it? They were never arrested!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Oh, gosh, I didn't see this thread before I posted on this topic on the other thread where we were having this discussion, learning. Sorry.

I was thinking last night maybe we should start a thread on it. Should we copy some of those posts here?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Oh, gosh, I didn't see this thread before I posted on this topic on the other thread where we were having this discussion, learning. Sorry.

I was thinking last night maybe we should start a thread on it. Should we copy some of those posts here?
    Good idea! This discussion needs it's own separate thread. I think you've raised some real good questions. It's obvious to me, now, that John didn't come in through that window because he couldn't even tell LE how he did it.

John was even evasive about whether or not the window had been fixed. He stated he went down to that basement window, with Fleet, to see if the window had been broken again if it had been fixed....looking for new pieces of glass.

He was evasive about the whole thing in case LE was able to button down a few facts about that window.

Default The broken window

JR was surprised to find out that FW had been down to the basement before him. Was there a discrepancy about the window?

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post

I'm blaming this computer, KK. I had to do a search to find it right now (?).*blush*
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    JR was surprised to find out that FW had been down to the basement before him. Was there a discrepancy about the window?
    Yes. For Fleet White stated that the window had been closed but unlatched, whereas John stated that window had been slightly open and that he closed and latched it.

Fibers from the black wool shirt which John had been wearing to the Whites' Christmas party were found in the oversized Bloomies underwear. Since this evidence links John directly to the staging of the crime scene, he probably became involved in the cover-up at an early stage, shortly after the headblow had been struck.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Yes. For Fleet White stated that the window had been closed but unlatched, whereas John stated that window had been slightly open and that he closed and latched it.
    Now. Fleet went down shortly after arriving, no? This means he went down before John, supposedly, went down around 10 a.m. This means that John was lying or Fleet was lying...but no sense in Fleet lying. I'm assuming that Fleet saw there was no glass lying around on the floor so he assumed the kidnapper had not come in through that way and did not inform police.
    Last edited by Learnin; September 21, 2012, 4:43 pm at Fri Sep 21 16:43:37 UTC 2012. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Fibers from the black wool shirt which John had been wearing to the Whites' Christmas party were found in the oversized Bloomies underwear. Since this evidence links John directly to the staging of the crime scene, he probably became involved in the cover-up at an early stage, shortly after the headblow had been struck.
    Is it possible someone used John's shirt to wipe the crotch area or has that been ruled out?

Is it possible someone used John's shirt to wipe the crotch area or has that been ruled out?
    I don't think it could be ruled out; I don't recall the exact words, but it is somewhere in the back of my mind that Patsy was asked about their laundry chute, whether John himself would handle his worn clothes, etc.
    As opposed to the brown cotton fibers and the blue terry-cloth fibers which were also found in this area, the black wool fibers could definitely be sourced to an item from the Ramsey household: the shirt which John been wearing during the hours preceding the horrific events on Christmas night.

See new thread, WHY JOHN LIED ABOUT BREAKING THE WINDOW. I believe it was probably an innocent break...kids throwing a ball around or broke it with something while horsing around?

I think John saw the broken window as an opportunity for an intruder entrance and concocted the story to lead investigators toward the window as an entrance. If John had entered the house through that window when he needed to "break" into the house, then, why not an intruder?
    Wouldn't it have been possible to find out via lab examination
    - whether it was a fresh break or an older break;
    - whether the window had been broken from the inside or the outside?

But iirc, neither S. Thomas nor J. Kolar mention in their books whether the broken glass was examined in detail and what the results were.
    Last edited by rashomon; September 22, 2012, 10:46 am at Sat Sep 22 10:46:00 UTC 2012.