Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 75
  1. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    No, Cherokee, it doesn't seem right copying your analysis. This is a totally different story. Sam Dennis McDonough should have asked you for your permission. In my case, he has just chosen two small articles from a web site as a review. He still included the actual person's ID who wrote it. He should have mentioned Tricia's site - Forums For Justice.

    I personally think you should contact him, Cherokee. This isn't right! I can understand short posts about an author's book being taken, but your analysis is a different story. I can't imagine the amount of time spent creating this excellent project. This should never have been copied and taken anywhere. I notice DeeDee has this stated at the end of her posts. "Not to be copied and taken anywhere." Something like that! Maybe you should visit your lawyer.
    Thank you, Elle, for your comments and support.

    I don't know if McDonough copied all of my analysis, but the fact he copied any of it without my permission, and then put it in a book for which he is charging, bothers me and is not ethical (or legal).

    I was hoping McDonough would do the right thing and either take down his online book for sale or remove the part that is mine by copyright, but he has not done so. Perhaps you are right that it is time to take action and let him know, specifically, I would like for my analysis to be removed from his book. I do not mind him referring to my work published here at FFJ, but it should not have been copied, in part or wholesale, into his book - especially without contacting me first.

  2. #50

    Default

    Cherokee and Elle,

    I agree with both of you. I didn't know he had actually copied your work, Cherokee. That's not just sleazy, that's plagiarism -- and if he profits from it in any way -- theft.

    Obviously he reads here, so I should state for the record:


    Anything posted by me is my opinion based on public information and personal investigation. Permission is not granted to anyone (especially any current or future authors) to copy, reproduce, or print anything I write in full, or in part, without specific written authorization.

    Just sayin'..............


  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    Cherokee and Elle,

    I agree with both of you. I didn't know he had actually copied your work, Cherokee. That's not just sleazy, that's plagiarism -- and if he profits from it in any way -- theft.

    Obviously he reads here, so I should state for the record:


    Anything posted by me is my opinion based on public information and personal investigation. Permission is not granted to anyone (especially any current or future authors) to copy, reproduce, or print anything I write in full, or in part, without specific written authorization.

    Just sayin'..............

    I haven't checked your post otg, but I hope you entered this information on all your work. I hope cynic has done the same with his graphics. I also hope Cherokee can get in touch with Mr. McDonough without any problems stemming from this.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  4. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Thank you, Elle, for your comments and support.

    I don't know if McDonough copied all of my analysis, but the fact he copied any of it without my permission, and then put it in a book for which he is charging, bothers me and is not ethical (or legal).

    I was hoping McDonough would do the right thing and either take down his online book for sale or remove the part that is mine by copyright, but he has not done so. Perhaps you are right that it is time to take action and let him know, specifically, I would like for my analysis to be removed from his book. I do not mind him referring to my work published here at FFJ, but it should not have been copied, in part or wholesale, into his book - especially without contacting me first.
    This should have been discussed with you personally, Cherokee, before Sam McDonough entered part of your analysis in his book. Depending on Mr. McDonough's character, I hope he will be understanding about this matter. I wish you all the best with this, Cherokee. Somehow, I have a feeling he will be approachable!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Exclamation

    Oh Cherokee, I had no idea that YOUR work had been copied into McDonough's book. He needs to be made to make that right in which ever way is best for you. I have no idea how I can help you but I stand ready to do what I can that will make it right for you. I don't care one iota for him.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  6. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Oh Cherokee, I had no idea that YOUR work had been copied into McDonough's book. He needs to be made to make that right in which ever way is best for you. I have no idea how I can help you but I stand ready to do what I can that will make it right for you. I don't care one iota for him.
    Thanks so much, Zoomama, for your support. What you said made me smile. You are a true friend.

  7. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Believe it or not I think he is leaning to a Burke did it conclusion. I think.
    He also isn't alluding to anything erotic about the strangulation.
    One thing he is making very clear though is that he doesn't think John Ramsey had anything to do with or even knew about what happened overnight on Dec. 25/26. But he goes into great detail about all the lies JR and PR told and how they threw everyone under the bus to save their own hides.
    This is definitely a RDI theory book. He delves deep in to the Ramseys "abnormal psychology" and explains even the smallest facts that we here have known forever in a step by step psychological way. It's hard to explain, really.
    It is very fascinating reading because I've never seen the facts and explanations of the facts laid out like this. It's very clinical.
    He also lays out all the lies and explains in great detail why they are obvious lies, and why they lied and what they were hoping to achieve by the lie.
    I would recommend getting this book. There's no new news so far but the way he lays things out is almost like a textbook.
    If no one else is getting the book I will start posting direct quotes from it so you all can see what I mean. But if anybody else is getting it I don't want to ruin it by giving my opinion on what he says and possibly skew someone else s opinion before they even crack the book open.
    Let me know what to do you guys. Still reading...........
    Karen, I just finished reading Taylor's book and I agree that it is well done.
    I don't know that I agree with everything he suggests but I'd like to discuss his conclusion that John was ignorant of what was going on first thing in the morning. Taylor suggests that Patsy covered for someone and John was unaware of what had happened that morning. Taylor suggests that John would not have told police that everything was locked up that night had he been involved from the git go; John would not have said: "This is an inside job." However, Taylor does state that John began to mislead shortly after the body was found implying that he must've become aware at some point.

    I have varied my opinion as to just when John became involved with this coverup. At times, I believe he was in on it from the git go; other times I wonder if he didn't just gradually figure it out for himself....and then really became worried after discovering the body around 10 am.

    Thoughts?

  8. #56

    Default

    Hi everyone - I'm writing an analysis of the forensic evidence for a course I'm taking at Rutgers University - Special Topics in Forensics. I've got nearly all of the core books on the case and I've been sifting through them for months to try and represent all of the forensic evidence found throughout the case (daunting, I know).

    I was wondering how the author addressed the forensics in this case - should I purchase the book in this regard? The research paper is due December 17th so I've got to make a decision soon. I was just curious if any of you who have the book would recommend me to purchase it with this in mind.

    Cheers

    (I know this is my first post here, but I've been a member over at websleuths for about a year now, and a lurker on both sites for many years. Tricia just created an account over here for me to join in on the discussion)
    Just my humble opinion.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. - Plato

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    Hi everyone - I'm writing an analysis of the forensic evidence for a course I'm taking at Rutgers University - Special Topics in Forensics. I've got nearly all of the core books on the case and I've been sifting through them for months to try and represent all of the forensic evidence found throughout the case (daunting, I know).

    I was wondering how the author addressed the forensics in this case - should I purchase the book in this regard? The research paper is due December 17th so I've got to make a decision soon. I was just curious if any of you who have the book would recommend me to purchase it with this in mind.

    Cheers

    (I know this is my first post here, but I've been a member over at websleuths for about a year now, and a lurker on both sites for many years. Tricia just created an account over here for me to join in on the discussion)
    Hiya Jeeps - welcome to the forum - yes you should get the book!

    Let's get you started off on the right foot here - Tricia doesn't do a lick of work around here... she is the order barker, just sayin'. If you need anything done (like setting you up as a member or problems with the forum), please come to me or to Cherokee. Okay, you have completed your hazing now.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    Hi everyone - I'm writing an analysis of the forensic evidence for a course I'm taking at Rutgers University - Special Topics in Forensics. I've got nearly all of the core books on the case and I've been sifting through them for months to try and represent all of the forensic evidence found throughout the case (daunting, I know).

    I was wondering how the author addressed the forensics in this case - should I purchase the book in this regard? The research paper is due December 17th so I've got to make a decision soon. I was just curious if any of you who have the book would recommend me to purchase it with this in mind.

    Cheers

    (I know this is my first post here, but I've been a member over at websleuths for about a year now, and a lurker on both sites for many years. Tricia just created an account over here for me to join in on the discussion)
    Hello Jeeps,

    Nice of you to come here for a change of place from WS.
    I know you're probably looking for more information on forensics,
    but you can enjoy the passages which Koldkase posted. I do have the book, and my reading of it was interrupted, but I found reading the pages KK posted very interesting. I'm sure you will enjoy reading them until you have your own book.


    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10129&highlight=Foreign+FactionIn-Depth

    Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  11. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    Hi everyone - I'm writing an analysis of the forensic evidence for a course I'm taking at Rutgers University - Special Topics in Forensics. I've got nearly all of the core books on the case and I've been sifting through them for months to try and represent all of the forensic evidence found throughout the case (daunting, I know).

    I was wondering how the author addressed the forensics in this case - should I purchase the book in this regard? The research paper is due December 17th so I've got to make a decision soon. I was just curious if any of you who have the book would recommend me to purchase it with this in mind.

    Cheers

    (I know this is my first post here, but I've been a member over at websleuths for about a year now, and a lurker on both sites for many years. Tricia just created an account over here for me to join in on the discussion)
    Hey Jeeps, welcome.
    I hope you will share highlights from your research paper with us.
    Regarding Taylor’s book, I’m afraid I’ve been procrastinating about purchasing it so I’m unable to comment.

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Welcome. Forensics is such a fascinating topic. I am sure you will enjoy your courses. If you have anything interesting to share with us, please do!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.



Similar Threads

  1. WENDY MURPHY: Dead little girls + drugs = suspicion of child porn
    By Little in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 1, 2009, 6:15 pm, Wed Apr 1 18:15:27 UTC 2009
  2. Tom Bennet Retired 3 Weeks Ago. Who is Investigating the JonBenet Ramsey Case?
    By Tricia in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 30, 2005, 4:08 pm, Tue Aug 30 16:08:10 UTC 2005
  3. Investigating the mamebot mind
    By Watching You in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: September 8, 2003, 6:59 pm, Mon Sep 8 18:59:04 UTC 2003

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •