Dale Yeager: Patsy killed JBR because she was "losing control of her daughter"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Very interesting! Also interesting is that this guy (didn't get his name) wrote some questions for LE to interview Patsy with and the one about Jesus caused her to become angry and throw a chair. I wonder what one about abusing JB would have caused?

3. cynic

cynic Member

Dale Yeager, a blast from the past.

Here is his profile report to LE.

PROFILE REPORT
    Analysis of $118,000 ransom demand in Ramsey case
    To: Det. Ron Gosage
    Reference: Psalm 118:27b, Biblical reference Old Testament

"The Lord is our God, Who has shown and given us light. Decorate the festival with leafy boughs and bind the sacrifices to be offered with thick cords to the horns of the altar."

Based on my experience, this second section of verse 27 has been used by several white supremacy groups such as the Christian Identity movement and the Aryan Nation to justify their killing of blacks, Jews and other minorities. In their non-orthodox view, the verse is speaking of offering a person as a sacrifice to God and God is accepting their sacrifice on his altar as atonement. No conservative or liberal Christian theologians interpret the verse in this way.

We have consulted with several theologians about the verse and all have agreed that the verse is a metaphor concerning praise and redemption.

As a historical note, the Hebrews where required to offer a blood sacrifice to God to atone for their sins as a nation. A lamb or sheep would be placed on the altar and tied to the four extended horns of the altar with thick cords. The animal was then cut and bled until it was dead. The blood was then used in ceremony for the "washing away by the blood, the sins of the people".

White supremacists use the redemption and sacrifice ideas to form a justification for killing "animals" [minorities] and offering them to God.

In 1987, I met a FBI agent who told me about a case in the late 1970s, that involved this verse of scripture. The case involved a woman with a very conservative Christian background, who strangled her daughter and used this verse as a justification for the killing. Her belief was that the child would be better off in "heaven with God" and that the daughter would be a redemptive sacrifice to God for her [the mother's] sins. We have tried to find information about this case but have been unsuccessful. I would suggest a call to the Psychological Crimes Unit of the FBI in Quantico, VA.

My assessment of this verse and it's possible relevance to this case is as follows: The person using this verse would be from a conservative Christian background, i.e. Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, etc. They would see themselves as having committed a grievous sin that requires more than a prayer of forgiveness. Their disgust for their sin would lead to anger towards themselves and towards the person that they felt they had wronged in this case the girl.

By killing the child they believed that they where taking the child from a dark world or a dark existence and sending the child to a better place. This blood sacrifice would in their mind bring them redemption for their sin and rid them of their guilt as it related to the child.

I have spent over twenty years studying extreme conservative Christian ideology. Based on my experience and research, this belief in para-redemptive acts manifests itself in many ways, some extreme and some more philosophical.

From my limited knowledge of the killing [ news reports of forensic findings ], I believe that the individual who committed this act, had no previous experience with the killing of a human being.

If the information is correct, the strangulation and blunt trauma to the skull meant that the offender tried one method of killing the girl and then changed to a different method out of frustration. One of these methods failed and the person resorted to a second method to kill the victim. The contusions and other secondary injuries may have been attempts to control the victim during a struggle or strikes of frustration when the child did not die on the first attempt.

Based on my experience this crime was done by an intimate, a person who knew the victim and had an emotional attachment to the victim. If the forensic information that I have is correct, the offender attempted strangulation first, ]. The offender was in my opinion connected to the victim in an emotional way.

I hope that this information assist you in your investigation. If you need additional information, please feel free to contact me.

Submitted: 29 July 1997

Dale Yeager

Murder Investigation of JonBenet Ramsey
    EVIDENCE ANALYSIS
    Part II

Prepared by:
    SERAPH Inc.
    Dale Yeager
    Denise Knoke
    25-May-98

Psalm 118:18 - 27

1/1a As we stated in our first report, we believe that Patsy Ramsey's mindset before and after the murder of JonBenet, was heavily influenced by the charismatic theological subculture that she had embraced during her bout with cancer.

Psalm 118 is a biblical chapter that is used quite often in the Charismatic/Pentecostal movement. This subculture of the Christian Religion has many unwritten fundamentals that they adhere to. One area in which they divert from main stream Christian theology is in the area of biblical interpretation. Because of their extreme emphasis on spiritual gifts, they tend to have a more flexible view of interpretation compared to the more scholarly approach taken by their fellow Christians in main steam denominations.

Rather than believing the scriptures to be the general will of God being presented to all believers, they take a more mystical approach by viewing the scriptures as a prophetic tool used by God to speak to individual believers. This flexible attitude leads to extraordinarily diverse views theologically. We believe that Patsy Ramsey took this approach from the Osteen, Hickey and Barnhill books that she was introduced to during her illness.

1/2a Several words and phrases that appear in the ransom note also appear together and with great frequency in these books and in the Charismatic subculture. The following list explains their importance in this case.

CORDS OR BINDINGS - Binding is a significant word used frequently in the Charismatic subculture. It stems from the belief that Satan/Evil does not operate without Gods permission. This tenant of Charismatic theology requires that individual believers verbally "bind" Satan's power over their lives through prayer, verbal affirmations to other believers during worship and in some cases through the ceremonial tying of physical cords or ropes around themselves or others. It is possible that the tying of JonBenet body with cords was linked to Patsy's view of JonBenet's death, whether accidental or deliberate, as a para-redemptive sacrifice similar to the request by God to Abraham regarding his son.

S.B.T.C. - In the Charismatic subculture, acronyms are quite common and used quite frequently as teaching tools and on banners [In church icons]. S.B.T.C. is a well-used acronym that represents the words "saved by the cross". In our extensive database of terroristic groups, we find no use of this phrase with White Supremacy or International Organizations. The author of the ransom note uses this acronym along with the word "victory". The word "victory" is used in the Charismatic subculture as a verb. It is seen as the result of actions taken by believers to bind and overcome Satan's power primarily in the areas of physical health.

SACRIFICE - The concept of sacrifice is prominent in all Christian theology most clearly in the idea of Jesus being sacrificed on the cross for the remission of the world's sins. In Charismatic theology sacrifice is connected to chastisement. The idea that believers must sacrifice to be truly repentant is emphasized heavily. Charismatic theology holds that true confession involves sacrificial action by the believer. This sacrificial action is usually benign such as asking forgiveness from a person you have offended.
    We believe that Patsy Ramsey is a delusional sociopath. Based on our experience with religious sociopaths, we believe that she saw JonBenet's death as a sacrifice for sins she had committed. Obviously Psalm 118 does not ask for human sacrifice but in her delusional mindset she interpreted verse 27 as a request by God for a para-redemptive act.
    1/3a Our conclusion is that you are investigating a child's murder with ritualistic overtones. Mrs. Ramsey's motives and post incident actions cannot be understood with rational thought. This crime was committed by a delusional individual who has convinced herself of her own innocence. Sociopaths always view their violent actions as justified. When a divine intervention is added to this justification pathology, you have a highly volatile individual.

We do not believe as has been theorized that this murder was the result of sexual assault. The autopsy report clearly states that the vaginal trauma was superficial and not consistent with known forensic profiles of sexual assault. There is no evidence in pedophile research of strangulation as a means of sexual gratification for a child molester. Strangulation and sexual assault are most commonly seen in sadomasochism between heterosexual and homosexual adults. Or by late adolescent and young adult males during masturbation.

We do not believe that John Ramsey was involved in a sexual relationship with JonBenet. We do believe that he played a role in the cover up that followed the murder.

4. cynic

cynic Member

An old transcript:
    WROW Radio, The Dave Lucas Radio Show, Albany, NY, January 30, 1999

DAVE LUCAS: On line we have Dale Yeager, the executive director of SERAPH. Hello Mr. Yeager. Welcome to the program.
    DALE YEAGER: Hi, how are you?
    DAVE LUCAS: Very Good. Mr. Yeager has been involved in the training of law enforcement officers in "less than lethal" tactics for more than ten years. He's a trained criminal analyst who's consulted on more than 130 criminal cases - including the murder investigation of JonBenét Ramsey. Now, you were hired by the Boulder Police Department. Tell us about that.
    DALE YEAGER: I was hired by the district attorney’s office to work with the investigative team. Originally we were asked to do an analysis of the ransom note and then in the spring of last year we were asked to write a psychological profile on Patsy Ramsey.
    Excuse me for being bold but I've been sitting here listening to this now for three hours. I am one of the few people, my team of people are one of the few people that actually worked on this case. We are not reading things in the newspaper, we are not getting things off of CNN. I had information to do my work that none of these guests had -- and these theories are just... I'm blown away by this.
    DAVE LUCAS: There are some ???? theories aren't they?
    DALE YEAGER: You know there's a lot of "wanna be experts" out there and it really disgusts me that this case has become a magnet would like to theorize in an area they have no right to be in. I have done this for 10 years. I've worked on cases like this before and some of these theories have no basis in reality. I think that your listeners need to understand that there's significant, some significant issues here that need to be dealt with and some issues here that affect our society as a whole and I just think that needs to be brought out.
    DAVE LUCAS: Well, who killed JonBenét Ramsey?
    DALE YEAGER: Patsy Ramsey killed her daughter.
    DAVE LUCAS: What evidence do you have to support that?
    DALE YEAGER: The evidence is very clear. Patsy Ramsey is a sociopath. There are basically two types of people who commit violent acts. There are sociopaths and psychopaths. A sociopath is a person who is very controlling. A sociopath is a person that must be in charge at all times. They pick someone in their life to control, or multiple people to control. When they can no longer control that individual, they lash out at them - either by isolating them out of their life - more than likely killing them. OJ Simpson is a sociopath and it's not very hard to understand the basic motive behind this murder. The problem is that all the so-called "experts" we heard tonight who get all their media attention really are using logic to understand an illogical act. We have a woman here who has been immersed in a subculture of religious fervor- that has never been brought out as far as the motivation here. She is a religious delusional sociopath and it would take me literally six hours to explain to - to commit to people how that works. The bottom line is that her daughter was growing up and becoming more independent. The bedwetting was part of that... different thingss that... anyone could read the newspaper... you could see there was a split between her and her daughter.
    DAVE LUCAS: Let me ask you, what about the sexual abuse?
    DALE YEAGER: There's... You know what? Let me tell you something. First of all, autoerotic asphyxiation ... there... if you talk to child abuse experts, the occurence of that with an adult on a child, there are no cases of that. Show me a case where that has happened involving a child. Normally it is done in a solo act of masturbation -- or it has been done with couples...
    [SNIP]
    DALE YEAGER: OK - the bottom line is that the motivation for killing a child is very simple - either jealousy, control, sex or rage. It's not that difficult - this isn't brain surgery we are talking about here. We have a woman who is very controlling. We have a woman here who has shown signs of violence in the past -- it's not that difficult to see the connection here. When her daughter starts becoming more aggressive, becoming more independent and she lashes out at her. You know these elaborate theories that have been perpetuated by people who really have a financial interest in the case more than anything else....
    CALLER: Have you ever seen a religious delusion murder situation which involved an elaborate cover-up like this one was?
    DALE YEAGER: One of my specialties, one of the things that we do a lot of with murder cases, are murder cases that involve people who are using... who have committed an act of violence or murder with some kind of religious motivation whether it be ritualistic.. something like that. As far as "elaborate cover-up, I will agree that the ransom note is the central key feature to the evidence in this case. It certainly hasn't been given the attention that it deserves. You know, as far as "coded messages" are concerned, I find that kind of ironic since the ransom note itself is poorly written. It's obviously written in haste. It's written by someone who has limited knowledge of grammar if nothing else. As far as the religious motivation is concerned, you can look at Patsy's writings, you can look at her involvement with the charismatic movement, and you add to that a near death experience like having..... cancer. You add to that her sociopathic tendencies and you get a fairly scary individual, you get a violent individual. I just think people need to understand this is more common than just this case. People do have religious delusions and they take things out of context. We've always believed that the 118 was related to scripture that showed up in many of her writings and ....
    Pardon me?
    Caller: I know that people sometimes kill their children in a brief delusional state, a brief psychotic episode. You don't see it as that. What evidence do you have that she is sociopathic?
    DALE YEAGER: Well, a sociopath is very easy to define - a sociopath is a person that likes to control the situation, they like to control the people around them. Their opinion is the only one that matters. They tend to be very aggressive verbally. They tend to be very aggressive physically. When they are attacked, they become the victim, "poor pitiful me". They are kind of a chameleon in a social setting. They are usually leaders, the type of person who takes charge in a situation. And then you add to the fact that she comes from a southern culture.... and that's a whole other aspect... women in southern cultures... you know, the.. the whole aspect of women being reared in southern cultures where protecting your family by lying, protecting your family by any means is something almost genetically drilled into that subculture. There's a lot of aspects to this but the bottom line is it's a very common crime - a child being killed by their parents, especially the mother. You look at her past, you look at her personality, the evidence is there that she's committed this crime. My job as a profiler with investigative teams is to give them some kind of an idea of motivation. The motivation here is somewhat simple but it has some complicated aspects to it. And mainly it's this feeling that we believe she felt she was going to die and she started to see a need for a sacrifice that she had to make and the murder of her daughter becomes a sacrifice. You can't understand those kinds of motivations with logical thought. Everyone's coming at this tonight from a very forensics perspective and I have a great deal of reapect for forensic scientists, a very important part of solving crimes, but there are other aspects to trying to figure out motive than just forensics.
    LANCE MATTHEWS: Evidence of stun gun or TAZER - any... is that crap??
    DALE YEAGER: Well, look, I do not claim and never have claimed to be a forensic expert. My responsibility in the investigation of a crime is to assess motive, to research anomolies in that crime, and to provide questions for the interview of suspects. So I just don't claim to be a forensics person, at best it would be guessing. I do agree with your current guest that's on with me, I'm sorry I forget your name, about the series of events in regards to how the death occurred. I do agree with that. I think that the evidence is very clear that that is how things occurred.
    But remember too, that strangulation is a very intimate type of crime. There's two types of intimate crimes and that is strangulation and stabbing someone with an edged weapon. So whenever you see that in a murder scene, you know there was some kind of an intimate connection between the two people - when that's the method of killing. Strangulation or using an edged weapon. They're very intimate ways of killing. There's enough evidence here to point to the people closest to this poor young girl.
    Program was interrupted.... problems at studio...
    Apologies from DAVE LUCAS -
    DALE YEAGER: Maybe it's an omen...
    LANCE MATTHEWS: Where were we?
    DALE YEAGER: We were talking about the method of the killing which really points to some specific motive in itself...
    Caller from Albany suggesting making this a federal case.
    DALE YEAGER: I think that the district attorney.... I finally quit and said enough is enough. I refused to work anymore on the case. My partner who wrote those reports with me agreed ... there were a lot of us who left basically at the same time that Steve Thomas left. We'd had enough. I think the district attorney - I think your caller is correct in the sense that the district attorney I think has political aspirations and this is my opinion, my personal opinion, I think he believes that is he tries the case and loses it, that his political aspirations will go down the drain similar to the district attorney in Los Angeles who lost the OJ case. And I think that's why this incompetent investigation from the district attorney's perspective. I think the police who have been involved, the detectives who have been involved have been top notch and I think they've tried to do their job but they've been hampered by a district attorney who is more concerned about perception than doing the job that he was hired to do.
    CHARLES BOSWORTH: No, Hunter has no political aspirations - he is dead politically. "The DA has been bribed. Period."
    No one really knew where John Ramsey had all his money - a bribe could be paid in the future.
    "How much does the family have?
    DALE YEAGER: There was quite a bit.
    CHARLES BOSWORTH: How much?"
    DALE YEAGER: I've been told 30 million... or 45....
    CHARLES BOSWORTH: -- Is that all?
    DALE YEAGER: What's that?
    Have you checked the value of the stock lately?
    DALE YEAGER: I don't know. I think the district attorney... there's a possibility that that has occurred. I've heard some things to that, only rumors. Because he stepped in front of a lot of bullets for the family
    CHARLES BOSWORTH: We need a federal...
    DALE YEAGER: I do agree with that assessment
    Lance Matthews pointed out that Hal Haddon is multi-million dollar partners with DA Alex Hunter -- talk about lax legal system in Colorado...
    DALE YEAGER:.... Someone has to step in and intervene in this case because it has dragged on too long. I said before there are social implications of this case on a national basis that I think no one has really talked much about about. I think one of them is that there is a lot of classism that has been brought to the surface because of this case. I get a lot of people asking me - when I work out at the YMCA or when I am at church - about the case. And invariably, as much as this is an amateur survey, invariably, white wealthy women will say to me, "I can't perceive that happening. Why... how can a mother kill her daughter?" And I will always say to them, "Well, if she was Black or Hispanic, would you feel the same way?" And they ALWAYS say, "Well, no. That happens in that society."
    LANCE MATTHEWS: "Let's go to Patsy's origins - let's go with Southern women."
    DALE YEAGER: This is an subject that will probably annoy certain listeners but try to understand it from a criminal analysis perspective.
    Our culture, American culture, is really made up of a lot of subcultures. For example, I am Pennsylvania Dutch. My family has been in Pennysylvania since 1703 and that's a subculture and there are certain norms about that subculture. One of the things we know about Southern culture is that women in Southern cultures, with exceptions but for the most part, are raised in a very specific way. And one of the things that the Justice Department, where I received my training, did a stuDale Yeager of this and found that there is a... what is called a sociopathic tendency to childrearing as it relates to women in Southern culture. I know this sounds bizarre but is very real and the best way to explain that is the case of the woman in Texas several years ago who attempted or did kill the girl who took her daughter's spot on the cheerleading team. If you remember that case..
    LANCE MATTHEWS: I remember that one.
    DALE YEAGER: When she was interviewed by detectives, she said, "I was taught by my mother that you protect your family at all costs." And we call it "The Cult of the Family". James Dobson is probably the greatest perpetuator of this "The Cult of the Family".
    The family is more important than anything else and it becomes an obsession.And so these woman of the southern culture are taught that lying to protect your family, doing illegal acts or unethical things is part of your process of being a mom.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. cynic

cynic Member

The Examiner had a bit of a blurb about Yeager's appearance on the Howard Stern Show

Expert criminal profiler says JonBenet Ramsey was killed by her mother Patsy

Dale Yeager, an expert criminal profiler who worked on the JonBenet Ramsey case, appeared on Monday morning's Howard Stern Show, where he revealed his personal opinion on the decades old child murder investigation.

Yeager appeared on the Stern Show to provide psychological profiles of some of the staffers, but spoke for several minutes about the JonBenet Ramsey case while explaining his qualifications. Yeager said that law enforcement officials investigating the case consulted with him twice, first asking him to write an analysis of the ransom note for "religious themes," and later to write a series of provocative interview questions designed to enrage Patsy Ramsey into inadvertently revealing potentially incriminating information.

“I wrote an analysis of the ransom note for religious themes for the DEA," said Yeager. "And then they asked me a year later to write a psych profile on Patsy—which she did not like...With Patsy, the goal was to write questions that made her angry, because when you’re angry you blurt things out...I’m going to be very candid today, but it’s an open murder investigation, so please understand Howard, there are some things I can’t talk about…In my personal opinion, the evidence is very clear that Patsy killed her daughter. That’s my opinion…I worked on the case.”

There were audible gasps in the Howard Stern Show studio when Yeager made the definitive statement. Yeager said he was unable to talk about the evidence that informed his opinion, but did respond with a maddeningly cryptic statement when Robin Quivers asked if the murdered was set off by Patsy's jealousy of her daughter:

“It wasn’t jealousy. It was that she felt that she was losing control of her daughter, and that’s all I can say. It had nothing to do with jealousy. That’s my opinion and the opinion of the original team that worked on it.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/exp...onbenet-ramsey-was-killed-by-her-mother-patsy

6. cynic

cynic Member

Yeager's website:

http://www.seraph.net/tag/jonbenet-ramsey/

Dale Yeager a criminal analyst, who worked for the Boulder District Attorney’s office in 1997 on the original murder investigation of JonBenet Ramsey, has released a book on bullying titled “3 Myths About Bullying” What Every Parent and Grandparent Should know to Protect Children and Grandchildren.

7. cynic

cynic Member

BBM
    News to me, either Yeager is mistaken, (regarding a chair being thrown,) or it's something from the case file that has never been revealed.
    Also, I don't believe there were any questions during the course of any of the interviews remotely resembling what is described during this portion of the interview:

HOWARD STERN: What was one of the questions you wrote to make her angry?
    DALE YEAGER: I talked about Jesus and, you know, guilt and sin, because she was a very religious person
    HOWARD STERN: So you figured that might get to her?
    DALE YEAGER: Well it did, she threw a chair, so.
    HOWARD STERN: I see
    ROBIN QUIVERS: What does that tell you?
    HOWARD STERN: What was the question, do you know specifically which one she threw a chair at?
    DALE YEAGER: I forget which one they were at, I think it was the third question in…
    HOWARD STERN: Right
    DALE YEAGER: …and she got very angry, stood up and..
    HOWARD STERN: It was about Jesus?
    DALE YEAGER: About Jesus and forgiveness and do you believe that when you commit a sin that Jesus will, uh, God will forgive you and she was like, where are you going with this, because she was being interviewed, she couldn’t be interrogated because she wasn’t arrested.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, BobC and cynic, for putting this here.

Whatever the reasons, I know of no public references to the things he mentions happening during Patsy's interviews: the questions or throwing a chair.

But I also believe Patsy strangled JonBenet to death, though maybe not alone.

And not for the same reasons. Just my opinion, and I'm no professor in Criminal Behavior Analysis. Clearly Yeager and Brother Moon are on the same page....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  9. koldkase

Been googling Mr. Yeager. I'm not impressed, except with his creativity in pumping up a rather thin resumé.

I may be wrong, but it appears he/Seraph SENT that first analysis you posted, cynic, to Boulder LE, as opposed to being SOUGHT and "hired" as a "consultant," I mean. He appears to indicate in some interviews he was "a consultant" for the DA in 1997, but I think that may be an exaggeration and/or distortion of the facts.

Here is a source I used to check out Yeager's resume, which you can research yourself. Perhaps it's not accurate or maybe he has a better one, but I can't really see that he's done more than taken multiple courses in forensic analysis and maybe volunteered for some of the other quasi-government related organizations he lists, rather than--again--being hired as an expert.

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1215870229&targetid=profile

I notice the actual schools he lists are religious-based institutions. One he lists as if he worked as "security" rather than being a student or instructor or professor. Another is listed as if he got a degree in education there, but it closed/was "absorbed" in the year after he lists that he began "training" in forensic psychology, so that's another oddity, IMO.

The other agencies he lists as training for are also private business and government collaborations, which may be entirely voluntary as well. I don't know, but in googling them, I'm not seeing a solid connection of professional services for pay.

In fact, that's my biggest complaint about Yeager's claims: where is the accreditation, the documentation of his expertise, education, job history, etc.? Where are the other references to him professionally in this case? Maybe he's in the books in more than a self-promoted insert of some kind--there are plenty of those, as we know all too well--but I don't remember anything significant. The forensic psychologist I remember working for Boulder LE to facilitate questioning of the Ramseys was an actual doctor.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see evidence of Yeager's advance degrees or credible professional affiliations to indicate he's more than the rest of us who have spent a lot of time in our lives being good citizens and pursuing this case to the point of developing our own complex theory about what happened.

Maybe I'm entirely wrong. This is just off the top of my head looking at what I could find online in a few hours.

In fact, I hope I'm wrong. I'd hate to think there's yet another sycophantic con artist promoting himself over the bones of this murdered child. We've seen so many at this point....

10. koldkase

I don't know, like I said, maybe I'm very wrong, but I am compelled to ask the questions before I believe such potentially explosive claims from someone I've never really heard much about in 16 years of this case. But of course, he can't give any details--other than those which appear to be in conflict with what we have seen in the past.

We've heard of Seraph for years, but it has ALWAYS been obscure and without any specific or significant weight. It has always had a bit of a "secret society" whiff when I've seen it mentioned in the past.

So I would be eager to get more proof of credentials and back-up for claims this man makes in the above media sources. Some of the things he says are out of left field and if cynic hasn't heard of this and no one else can help us out with this, I still have serious questions.

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1215870229&targetid=profile

11. koldkase

On the Seraph website, Yeager states he is an "instructor" at Neumann University, a Catholic university. Following the link he provides, this is his instruction there:

http://www.seraph.net/tag/neumann-university/

Okay, I'm striking out, as far as finding an actual source other than Yeager/Seraph that he went anywhere near this case at the behest of Hunter or Boulder LE. That doesn't mean he didn't, just that I can't find it tonight.

So I'll just quote Yeager himself in one of his online marketing blurbs--and he does seem to have some business as a speaker for school programs on bullying, safety, etc.: in a lecture he says he gave on fraud in business, he states they must do due diligence and question the source. I totally agree, so that's all I'm doing here.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, KK. I very much appreciate you and Cynic taking the time to research and post the available background info on Mr. Yeager and Seraph.

13. Elle

Elle Member

It seems you were up half the night posting this information, KK. I thank you and all the other posters here for the time taken for all their posts. I never came across any information about Patsy Ramsey throwing a chair either; but after watching her and hearing her slapping her thigh in anger on a regular basis, while being interviewed by the Boulder detectives, I believe she could throw one!

As for Howard Stern. This is what I could do to him. :rs:

14. koldkase

You know me, Chero. If something doesn't add up, I get out the calculator.

Some of his stories are not adding up. Yeager says in 1999 on Lucas's show that he was HIRED by the DA to do analysis. But reading the "reports" cynic posted, it appears very much like he VOLUNTEERED.

Yeager said on Stern's program and in the 1999 Lucas interview he saw the ACTUAL case files, unlike those he roundly criticizes for amateur speculation and theory. But then he says in his first 1997 "report/analysis" that he used the same news and media sources in the general public, and in the second "report/analysis" written in 1998 he says something quite different:

See, that's an inconsistency I can't dismiss. And there are others.

For example, his resumé repeatedly lists religious schools in work and education, so it appears to me he's far from unbiased in his work here. He says on Stern he doesn't want to "know" the subject so his opinion won't be influenced (convenient since he never met Patsy), but if all he's working from is the ransom note, he's hardly in a position to claim professionally his work is definitive. It can't even be called unbiased since his religious affiliations clearly spin in that direction.

Then there's another problem: Yeager's entire "analysis" is heavily based on his [with the opinions of unnamed others] interpretation of Patsy's Southern, religious, historical roots. Sorry, but I'm Southern bred back about 150 years and I call BS. What he says may or may not be true of some Southern women, but it's far from a given. I've never known one Southern woman who preaches to lie and cover up for the family. Clearly Southern women, mothers, and wives, have lied to cover for family, but I doubt that's disproportionate to any other demographic, and perhaps not as prevalent as some I can think of.

My grandmother used to say don't talk about the family to others, but that was it and she only said that a few times in my life, so it's hardly "indoctrination." My mother taught me never to lie, even if she didn't practice it herself. (We won't go there. :takeoff:)

So I beg to differ from Mr. Yeager's sweeping conclusions about why Patsy did what she did, based in his biases and unsupported nonsense about Southern women. It's my personal opinion Patsy did lie and even murder to cover up for her family, but to blame that on a blanket of Southern cultural and/or religious upbringing is hardly more than pure balderdash. There could have been a thousand other influences and events in play, and no doubt were. Until he's shown me believable, scientific research or at least a reliable, credible source for that leap of faith in his imaginative speculations himself, I think Yeager's another self-promoting blowhard.

And so far, I think I'm more of an expert on this subject of Southern women than he is.

15. koldkase

Stern is a real slimeball, Elle. But I guess even slimeballs get love from some people.

I have no problem believing Patsy threw a chair; I just want to know if she actually did that or if Yeager is making this up or sharing gossip that got warped in the tellings.

We have no record of the questions he flat out claims he composed for LE to ask her. Perhaps he is unaware that those transcripts are now in the public domain?

If the guy is on the up and up, then fine: prove it, Yeager. With the inconsistencies in his stories, the lack of any actual references linking him to this case at all other than himself, and no discernible degrees or pedigreed employment in the professional fields he claims to have worked in, I'm saying my due diligence has turned up a con artist.

When anyone uses "I won't talk about that" and provides nothing else to back up their claims of associations to this case to further their financial promotions, it's disingenuous, as I see it. When I then cannot find anything in many hours of searching to back up their claims in such a long-running, most heavily documented murder case like this, I see red flags are all over the place.

Like I said, I may be wrong. I anxiously await the evidence to back up Yeager's claims.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

KK, that last sentence made me laugh, and I call BS, too!

I agree with everything you posted, and your research confirms some that I did many years ago when the Seraph name first came up. IMHO, Yeager takes liberties with his "credentials," and his different versions of involvement with the Ramsey case don't add up.

17. koldkase

If you checked him out & he doesn't pass the smell test, he better cough up some references fast. Otherwise he's in the same pool of pondscum as Tracey, Smit, Lacy, & PERV Karr.

18. cynic

cynic Member

Here is Yeager's LinkedIn Profile:

Mr. Yeager began his education as a Criminal Behavior Analyst in 1988. He has extensive training in criminal psychology, forensic psychology, sex crimes investigation, and crime scene forensics / procedures and domestic terrorism analysis. Mr. Yeager also had advanced training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center from 2005 to 2008.

As a Criminal Behavior Analyst, Mr. Yeager has consulted on numerous criminal cases, including the first murder investigation of JonBenet Ramsey.

Since 1995 Mr. Yeager has trained over 100,000 local, state and federal law enforcement officers.

Mr. Yeager is a legal security expert who meets the Daubert standard in all 50 states.

Mr. Yeager’s research work on violence has been published in the:

• FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
    • “Profiling Violent Crimes†by Dr. Ronald Holmes.

Mr. Yeager is a frequent expert with media outlets including a featured episode of Forensic Files.

Mr. Yeager has lectured at many higher education institutions throughout the U.S. such as Drexel and Howard universities. Mr. Yeager is an instructor for the Neumann University Criminal Justice Program.

In 2002, Mr. Yeager was given a presidential appointment to the U.S. Selective Service System and in 2004; he became a member of the FBIs' InfraGard program.

Mr. Yeager is also a Federal Law Enforcement trainer for the HIDTA and MAGLOCLEN programs.

Specialties

Legal expert, asset finding, investigation, Threat assessment and resolution, stalking, litigation support, absenteeism and lateness, security team training, emergency planning, human resources, school safety, and liability reduction.

Experience

Chief Instructor [Mataw-Guro Sifu]
    KUNTAO Martial Arts Club
    January 2011 – Present (1 year 11 months) FRANKLIN COMMONS 400 Franklin Ave. Suite 115 Phoenixville, PA 19460
    KUNTAO Martial Arts Club is a Unique Martial Arts Experience
    We teach KALI a martial art from the Philippine Islands and TRADITIONAL WING CHUN Kung fu.

Board Chairman
    SERAPH Inc
    Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Security and Investigations industry
    January 1999 – Present (13 years 11 months)
    SERAPH Investor Relations http://www.seraph.net/who-we-are

CEO
    SERAPH Inc
    Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Security and Investigations industry
    January 1999 – Present (13 years 11 months)
    Legal, Liability and Security Consulting & Training
    SERAPH is a specialized consulting and training firm. SERAPH provides LEGAL, LIABILITY and SECURITY problem solving for the Education, Business, Legal, Law Enforcement and Government communities.

President
    AD Multimedia
    January 1993 – January 2001 (8 years 1 month)

Publications

CRIMINAL ANALYST DECLARES BERNARD MADOFF SCANDAL WAS PREDICTABLE: FORENSIC PROFILING COULD HAVE PREVENTED LARGEST ALLEGED FINANCIAL FRAUD IN U.S. HISTORY
    SERAPH
    December 8, 2008
    Authors: Dale Y.

GANGS GROW IN SUBURBAN SCHOOLS
    SERAPH
    July 9, 2010

EXPERT SAYS THAT WORKPLACE SHOOTINGS ARE CAUSED BY POOR MANAGEMENT
    SERAPH
    July 13, 2010

Negative Behavior Youth Movements in the United States and their Effect on Domestic Terrorism
    SERAPH
    October 23, 2010
    Negative behavior youth movements come in various forms; Goths, Juggalos and the most recognizable, Straight Edge. They are not well known by the general public but their increasing involvement in violent crimes and domestic terrorism is a growing concern for law enforcement and Homeland Security.

50 MOST DANGEROUS COLLEGES
    SERAPH
    October 19, 2010
    Harvard and MIT may rack up academic accolades, but crime doesn’t look at SAT scores. From murder to burglary, among the 458 colleges and universities ranked by The Daily Beast, these were the 50 with the worst grades. http://tiny.cc/jxqpr

The “REAL†Story About WORKPLACE VIOLENCE in the U.S.
    www.seraph.net
    August 31, 2011
    Americans believe many myths about workplace crimes such as rape, sexual assault, robbery, assault, and workplace shootings. A new 15 year study by the U.S. Department of Justice [NCVS] indicates that while some workplace crimes have declined others have not.

Education

Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
    Crime Forensics
    2005 – 2008
    Activities and Societies: criminal psychology, forensic psychology, sex crimes investigation, and crime scene forensics / procedures and domestic terrorism analysis

UWC
    B.S. CE, Education
    1977 – 1980
    Activities and Societies: International Association of Crime Analysts
    International Association of Chiefs of Police
    FBI InfraGard
    Crime Prevention Coalition of America
    New Jersey Association of School Resource Officers
    Educational Information and Resource Center, NJ
    National Criminal Justice Association

Canyon College
    Masters, Applied Police Science / Forensic Psychology
    Currently enrolled

19. cynic

cynic Member

This used to be on the SERAPH website along with the reports that I posted earlier. This was removed a number of years ago along with the reports.

In 1997 our company © 1997, SERAPH Inc. was contacted by the Boulder Police Department to assist them in the investigation of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. We were asked to submit an analysis of the ransom note and in 1998 we were asked to write a psychological profile on Patsy Ramsey.

The website currently says that SERAPH was contacted not by the BPD, but rather the DA's office:
    Dale Yeager a criminal analyst, who worked for the Boulder District Attorney’s office in 1997 on the original murder investigation of JonBenet Ramsey, has released a book on bullying titled “3 Myths About Bullyingâ€

That is consistent with what he says in the following interview as well as what he says during the Stern and Lucas interviews.
    (At 26:17 he addresses his role in the JonBenet case.)
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TalkFo...tional-Forensic-Psychology-ExpertProfiler.mp3

Dale Yeager- International Forensic Psychology Expert/Profiler
    by Talk Forensics
    Sun, April 26, 2009

20. cynic

cynic Member

I agree. The only possible way to reconcile this, and I'm trying REALLY HARD to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, is that if he was working for Hunter, that Hunter didn't give him much to work with initially.
    As per what I said above, perhaps he was given progressive access to the case file.
    The comment that you referenced was made in the first "report" in 1997 so it leaves the possibility open that his access grew but I'm being very generous.
    LOL and ITA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice