Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I read at topix someone said this is basically an appt. to work on the selective service "board"--local, I'm guessing.

I do not know what being on a Selective Service board entails. Maybe some of you know more and can help us out on this?

At topix I'm being accused of shooting the messenger. If the messenger is making the message up and delivering a pack of lies, yeah, shoot him. Metaphorically, of course.

Someone who writes his resumé to imply he's a trial expert certainly understands he has to provide more than his word as opinion to be credible. If he can't or won't back up his "expertise" or statements, then he has no credibility with me, nor should he expect to be believed. There have been too many charlatans in this case for us to believe something just because some random person says it.

And I'm not defending Patsy Ramsey; I'm simply not interested in more obscuring of the facts of this case with lies and disinformation. That's what has kept us from the truth for 16 yrs.
    Back in the day every county had a Selective Service Office. Usually a grandmotherly type ran it (at least in the South ... that place where all the female h*llcats lived, pitching their hissies when needed). The short version is it entailed handling the draft notice sent to young men and getting draft-dodgers reported to the proper authorities for those young men who dodged. The SS person sent them their "greetings ... Uncle Sam wants you." The job was clerical in nature. I don't see that it would sway a potential client or future employer to see that on your resume, especially in this day and time. When the draft was abolished in 1973 the Selective Service Board went South (wayyyyy South as in never heard from again). Hey, I'm not old. Some old person told me this.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Usually a grandmotherly type ran it (at least in the South ... that place where all the female h*llcats lived, pitching their hissies when needed).
    ".... pitching their hissies when needed."

Love it!

Well, OBVIOUSLY, being from PA, Mr. Yeager is an expert on Southern hissy-pitchin'! I suspect the unnamed study he referenced could be multiple viewings of Gone With the Wind, and in his mind, every woman born south of the Mason-Dixon is a latter-day version of Scarlett O'Hara!

Mr. Yeager has made a very broad, and dangerous generalization, and if he is going to do so, he needs to back it up with more than his own inflated resume' and the alleged, non-attributed, results of an unverified collection of data.

I could say I've seen a study that men born and raised in PA, who get a Childhood Education degree from a tiny Bible college for ministers, are notorious for being raised by their parents to make false generalizations and pad their resumes in order to promote their pseudo-psychological home-grown business!

Can that be refuted if I never name the study? Whose to say I'm not right ... especially if I go on Howard Stern's show, which is hosted by a very reputable (cough, cough) media celebrity and spout my claims? That just adds veracity to what I said, doesn't it? I mean, I don't need for my statements to have clinical review when I can be promoted by a shock jock and my own bloviated notices, do I?

Seriously, Mr. Yeager is entitled to his opinion, just like the rest of us, but he is no expert in the field of psychology or associated disciplines. The fact that he has tried to set himself up as one, based on his own self-taught assumptions and religious training, should be noted and not obscured by the careful and intentional bloating of his resume and experience.

It is obvious to those who have real training and expertise, and who know others with the same, that Mr. Yeager has neither. He is self-taught, self-made, and self-congratulatory. I'm sure he means well, but his self-promotion only muddies the already dark waters of the Ramsey case.
    Last edited by Cherokee; November 8, 2012, 4:57 pm at Thu Nov 8 16:57:53 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Back in the day every county had a Selective Service Office. Usually a grandmotherly type ran it (at least in the South ... that place where all the female h*llcats lived, pitching their hissies when needed). The short version is it entailed handling the draft notice sent to young men and getting draft-dodgers reported to the proper authorities for those young men who dodged. The SS person sent them their "greetings ... Uncle Sam wants you." The job was clerical in nature. I don't see that it would sway a potential client or future employer to see that on your resume, especially in this day and time. When the draft was abolished in 1973 the Selective Service Board went South (wayyyyy South as in never heard from again). Hey, I'm not old. Some old person told me this.
    Well, that explains a lot.

Thank your old person for me.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    ".... pitching their hissies when needed."

Love it!

Well, OBVIOUSLY, being from PA, Mr. Yeager is an expert on Southern hissy-pitchin'! I suspect the unnamed study he referenced could be multiple viewings of Gone With the Wind, and in his mind, every woman born south of the Mason-Dixon is a latter-day version of Scarlett O'Hara!

Mr. Yeager has made a very broad, and dangerous generalization, and if he is going to do so, he needs to back it up with more than his own inflated resume' and the alleged, non-attributed, results of an unverified collection of data.

I could say I've seen a study that men born and raised in PA, who get a Childhood Education degree from a tiny Bible college for ministers, are notorious for being raised by their parents to make false generalizations and pad their resumes in order to promote their pseudo-psychological home-grown business!

Can that be refuted if I never name the study? Whose to say I'm not right ... especially if I go on Howard Stern's show, which is hosted by a very reputable (cough, cough) media celebrity and spout my claims? That just adds veracity to what I said, doesn't it? I mean, I don't need for my statements to have clinical review when I can be promoted bya shock jock and my own bloviated notices, do I?

Seriously, Mr. Yeager is entitled to his opinion, just like the rest of us, but he is no expert in the field of psychology or associated disciplines. The fact that he has tried to set himself up as one, based on his own self-taught assumptions and religious training, should be noted and not obscured by the careful and intentional bloating of his resume and experience.

It is obvious to those who have real training and expertise, and who know others with the same, that Mr. Yeager has neither. He is self-taught, self-made, and self-congratulatory. I'm sure he means well, but his self-promotion only muddies the already dark waters of the Ramsey case.
    Now this is what I'm talking about!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

While I was at my Small Southern Faction meeting today, I ran into someone else looking for cynic, too. There's a $118,000 reward if y'all find him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

While I was at my Small Foreign Faction meeting today, I ran into someone else looking for cynic, too. There's a $118,000 reward if y'all find him.

Dang, girlfriend! They don't let us bring our guns in to the SFF-Anonymous meetings here! We have to check them at the door along with our AK-47s and RPGs!

I guess that's a GOOD thing since all of us are prone to pitchin' fits and various other acts of violence at the drop of a well-trimmed hat. There's no telling what we'd do if they'd let us come in packin' heat - might go rob the Piggly Wiggly if a hormone got crossways between us. Shoot, just lookin' at that Chi Omega from Ol' Miss makes my blood boil. I think I might have to off her next time she shows her botoxed face at the historical society. That's just the way my mama and daddy raised me. Better call Marv down at the funeral parlor and tell him to get some more graves dug cuz I'm feeling very SOUTHERN today, and you know what THAT means!

Dang, girlfriend! They don't let us bring our guns in to the SFF-Anonymous meetings here! We have to check them at the door along with our AK-47s and RPGs!

I guess that's a GOOD thing since all of us are prone to pitchin' fits and various other acts of violence at the drop of a well-trimmed hat. There's no telling what we'd do if they'd let us come in packin' heat - might go rob the Piggly Wiggly if a hormone got crossways between us. Shoot, just lookin' at that Chi Omega from Ol' Miss makes my blood boil. I think I might have to off her next time she shows her botoxed face at the historical society. That's just the way my mama and daddy raised me. Better call Marv down at the funeral parlor and tell him to get some more graves dug cuz I'm feeling very SOUTHERN today, and you know what THAT means!
    Oh, clearly your problem is you're attending the WRONG meetings. I misspoke because Patsy and I USED to go to the SFF, but we found those foreigners stifling and changed to the older, more traditional SSF--Small Southern Faction. We found the SFF way too strict about little things like guns. La di da. What fun is that?

You should join us at the SSF. You could start your own chapter. We're happy to provide weapons if you're short, just in case it's that certain time of the month and somebody feels a hissy fit coming on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by koldkase; November 8, 2012, 7:01 pm at Thu Nov 8 19:01:28 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Well, that explains a lot.

Thank your old person for me.
    The old person said "you are welcome."

While I was at my Small Southern Faction meeting today, I ran into someone else looking for cynic, too. There's a $118,000 reward if y'all find him.
    Bwahhhhhhh!!!!!

Oh, clearly your problem is you're attending the WRONG meetings. I misspoke because Patsy and I USED to go to the SFF, but we found those foreigners stifling and changed to the older, more traditional SSF--Small Southern Faction. We found the SFF way too strict about little things like guns. La di da. What fun is that?
    Oh, so it's a Small Southern Faction ... well, that makes sense. So SBTC must stand for:

Southern Belle Training Club

Kind of like a SWAT team, but with more sass and more fire power. And more hissies.

Oh, so it's a Small Southern Faction ... well, that makes sense. So SBTC must stand for:

Southern Belle Training Club

Kind of like a SWAT team, but with more sass and more fire power. And more hissies.
    Y'all knew if you were talking about guns I would show up, right? They are as dear to me as my kinfolk...

First, KK - that is the best I have seen Patsy look in a long time...I think it should be larger than life and hung just inside the meeting hall, so we see it at every SSF meeting.

Chero - finally! An explanation for SBTC that holds some bite! I am so proud of you both!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    Y'all knew if you were talking about guns I would show up, right? They are as dear to me as my kinfolk...

First, KK - that is the best I have seen Patsy look in a long time...I think it should be larger than life and hung just inside the meeting hall, so we see it at every SSF meeting.

Chero - finally! An explanation for SBTC that holds some bite! I am so proud of you both!
    Yes, Patsy does look well, doesn't she? She's been hanging out at the SBTC Spa a lot since 2006. She's in the SSF-KPP...Small Southern Faction-Killer Protection Program, doncha' know. We take care of our own--lies, garrotes, and firearms included.

Our mamas taught us well.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~