Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Never have I been more thrilled and POed at the same time...marry me, Cynic!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The lizard has spoken

In his first public remarks since the Daily Camera reported that a grand jury voted in 1999 to indict him and his wife for child abuse resulting in the death of his daughter JonBenet, John Ramsey was dismissive of the news in an interview with People magazine.

"It's just more drama," said Ramsey, 69, in the Feb. 11 edition, which appears on newsstands Friday.

Ramsey told People that as the grand jury neared the conclusion of its duties in the case, he and his wife had feared the worst.

"Our attorneys had us totally prepared to go to jail," Ramsey told the magazine.

And, said Ramsey, "We had bail money set up."

Ramsey's few remarks to the magazine were not the first time he acknowledged that the couple once assumed their arrest was imminent.

In the book the couple wrote together and published in 2000, "The Death of Innocence," Ramsey wrote that on the morning of Oct. 13, 1999, the day Hunter announced there would be no charges, "We figured we would probably be arrested first and then the DA would make an announcement of the fact... Every once in a while the doorbell would ring, and we'd wonder if the Boulder police had arrived to take us away."

Ramsey also wrote in the couple's book that, "Patsy asked if she would be allowed to bring her favorite pillow with her to jail. She joked that the black-and-white stripes on her prison uniform would have to be vertical; horizontal stripes would make her look fat."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz2JXGsH11R
    Wow, that's amazingly callous, even for Patsy Ramsey. She JOKES about such a horrendous subject as her 6 year old daughter's death like that?? How do they DARE to say/think/write such things, knowing what they knew?

"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Gee...what tasteless way could Patsy follow up on her joke? Maybe a tacky photo op posing over the tiny grave of her daughter?!

So glad I have held on to my avatar all these years...

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Gee...what tasteless way could Patsy follow up on her joke? Maybe a tacky photo op posing over the tiny grave of her daughter?!

So glad I have held on to my avatar all these years...
    Yeah, that's damned tasteless too. What a piece of work she was...

"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Wow, that's amazingly callous, even for Patsy Ramsey. She JOKES about such a horrendous subject as her 6 year old daughter's death like that?? How do they DARE to say/think/write such things, knowing what they knew?

It's the Ramsey's point of view: JR says this grand jury revelation is "just more drama."

One might be stupid to think he would look at it as another opportunity to FIND THE KILLER OF HIS CHILD, with more media attention on what has already been labeled A COLD CASE by BPD Chief Beckner and DA Garnett. It's been 16 years, after all.

I mean, JR said finding the killer would be their life's mission, didn't he? Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back on Jan. 1, 1997?

Maybe he meant except NOT.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I mean, JR said finding the killer would be their life's mission, didn't he? Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back on Jan. 1, 1997?
    Hey, John Ramsey has played thousands of rounds of intruder golf since then ... what more do you want?

Oh, and in the past 16 years, John has flown his private plane around all over the country and looked for an intruder from the air.

Once, John thought he saw a foreign faction, but it was just a bunch of Guernsey cows that didn't respect his plane.

Default Lin Wood's lies and distortions about the Ramsey Grand Jury through the years

Lin Wood then:

A grand jury investigated the case, but disbanded in October 1999 without issuing an indictment.
    Wood said the Ramseys were entitled to a restoration of their reputation following the grand jury.
    But the lawyer said Thomas' book, published about six months later, attempted to put them on "trial by media in the court of public opinion" and was a "form of vigilante justice" that should not be tolerated.
    Daily Camera, March 30, 2001
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...1/30arams.html

Larry King Live
    April 14, 2000
    KING: Well, you’re saying they -- you're saying one of them murdered their kid and the other is covering.
    THOMAS: Certainly. And I think there's evidence to support that.
    What I find terribly hypocritical on their part is that they can take advantage of every constitutional protection available to them, and then later use the First Amendment to write a book and name three people whom I believe to be clearly innocent in this case as suspects in the murder of their daughter. Yet, Larry, when I turn around, and just as a working stiff, try to use that same First Amendment, here comes team Ramsey, ready to roll.
    KING: Why weren't they indicted in your opinion?
    THOMAS: Probable cause was never an issue in this case. And as a police officer and a detective for 13 years, I had never been involved in a case in which we didn't arrest on probable cause. But this high-profile case, where there were sufficient facts and circumstances to articulate in an affidavit, an arrest warrant didn't happen, and then it got to a grand jury. which has that same threshold of probable cause, but I think Alex Hunter chose not to move forward with it because this -- in this day and age, this "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard is almost unattainable.
    KING: In a case like this maybe unattainable, right?
    THOMAS: Particularly with wealthy defendants.
    KING: So why? Was their clout? THOMAS: Well, yes, look what happened in O.J. You have resources...
    KING: O.J. went to trial. He was arrested.
    THOMAS: He absolutely was. And they took a shot, and they stepped up to the plate and they tried to do the right thing. Alex Hunter did not.
    KING: All right. Do you think the grand jury -- we'll never know I guess. Do you think the grand jury might have voted to indict?
    THOMAS: I've heard this week that there was a grand juror in that case -- and I didn't hear this through the grand juror, certainly, but through an intermediary that there's a grand juror that wants to talk, and...
    KING: That they wanted to indict and Hunter didn't want then to indict?
    THOMAS: I don't know that, and we'll never know because of grand jury secrecy what happened in those four walls, but that's certainly a possibility, that they returned it a true bill.
    KING: Don't detectives want to arrest and don't prosecutors hedge because prosecutors want to know they can get convictions? Isn't this a classic clash?
    THOMAS: No question. But what was atypical in Boulder was this culture that had been in existence for many, many years prior to the Ramsey case, in which under-aged drinkers and bicycle thieves, there was a system in place to deal with them, but this government failed horribly when the big one landed in the collective laps of Boulder.

[SNIP]

KING: There's another detective, Lou Smit -- he says there was an intruder with a stun gun. He totally believes him. You must know Lou.
    THOMAS: I like Lou. I think the world of Lou. I don't have a bad thing to say about Lou. We, I think, are still friends, but we are diametrically opposed on this case. But let me say something, because I've heard Lou Smit, Lou Smit, Lou Smit, Lou's the lone voice on this thing. This isn't just me espousing this theory.
    KING: You're saying most of the Boulder Police agree with you?
    THOMAS: There's no question. There's federal law enforcement. Even in the district attorney's office there is agreement.
    Larry, who do you think they targeted this grand jury? It wasn't an intruder.
    KING: So other prosecutors agree with you, too?
    THOMAS: Of course.
    KING: Why do you think Alex didn't indict?
    THOMAS: Because once again, I just think his history is very telling that an arrest followed by a trial is not his strong suit.

[SNIP]

KING: Now a return visit with Lin Wood, the civil attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey. He's at our CNN headquarters in Atlanta.
    Are you going to sue? Are the Ramseys going to sue Steve Thomas, Lin?
    LIN WOOD, RAMSEYS' CIVIL ATTORNEY: I have been studying his book and I've been watching all of his appearances in his public relations publicity tour to make money off of this book. I sat here tonight, Larry, and I am absolutely amazed.
    KING: Are you going to sue?
    WOOD: After tonight, you bet.
    KING: You're going to sue.
    WOOD: You can count on team Ramsey, if that's what I am, in terms of civil litigation. Steve Thomas will have his day in court, and Steve Thomas...

[SNIP]

KING: Lin, are you worried when Steve said that he heard that one of the grand jury members may come forward and say they wanted to indict?
    WOOD: I think what I heard him say was that he had heard that one grand juror may want to come out and talk...
    KING: Right.
    WOOD: And then -- see, here's Steve Thomas for you -- he takes that hearsay, rumor, gossip, and then makes the outrageous statement that from that the grand jury may well have indicted. Listen, if the grand jury indicted John and Patsy Ramsey, there would be -- we'd be probably in the middle of a trial right now. You're not going to put a grand jury out there for 13 months and spend millions of dollars of taxpayers' hard-earned money, have them bring an indictment, and then say no thanks. The grand jury didn't indict in this case for the very simple reason that inside the investigation the evidence did not support an indictment. And it just doesn't take very much to get an indictment. It wasn't there.
    KING: Lin, thanks very much. As always, good seeing you.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...14/lkl.00.html

Ramsey jury voted
    Christopher Anderson, Daily Camera, May 19, 2001
    DENVER — A former attorney for Patsy Ramsey says he has heard that a majority on Boulder County's 1999 grand jury agreed not to indict anyone in the death of JonBenét Ramsey.
    "The rumors that I have heard, and they are just rumors, were that they took a straw poll of the grand jurors and said there was not going to be an indictment, and the case then was closed in terms of grand jury," Boulder attorney Patrick Burke told a group of attorneys gathered for a seminar Friday at the Adams Mark Hotel.
    Whether the grand jurors voted on the Ramsey case and what they concluded has been a tightly guarded secret, mandated by Colorado law and a court order.
    The only official statement on the grand jury was made Oct. 13, 1999, when District Attorney Alex Hunter announced that "no charges have been filed" and that prosecutors "do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at the present time."
    His office then put out a statement saying that no one connected to the case would ever discuss grand jury proceedings, unless ordered by the court, regardless of "how much that might help in the public's understanding."
    JonBenét Ramsey, 6, was found beaten and strangled in the basement her family's home on Dec. 26, 1996. Her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, remain under police suspicion but have repeatedly said they did not kill their daughter. The couple have said they thought they were the targets of the grand jury investigation.
    Burke's statements, if true, would dispel some speculation that the grand jury voted to indict a suspect and that prosecutors refused to sign an indictment out of fear the case could not be proven at trial.
    It could also mean that prosecutors avoided asking for a formal vote of the grand jury. Prosecutors avoided a formal grand jury vote in a Boulder County investigation of a 1983 slaying. A vote not to indict might be used by the defense if a target of the grand jury investigation were later prosecuted.
    District Attorney Mary Keenan was unavailable to comment on Burke's statements.
    Lin Wood, the current attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey, has included each member of the grand jury as a potential witness in the Ramseys' civil lawsuit against former Boulder police Detective Steve Thomas.
    "There are a number of very interesting legal issues regarding the grand jurors," Wood said. "Needless to say, I intend to fully explore these issues in an effort to establish publicly the truth that the grand jury voted and voted against an indictment."
    In the investigation of University of Colorado student Sid Wells' gunshot death in 1983, the Boulder County District Attorney's Office asked a grand jury to "make no decision in this case on the issue of whether or not the suspect had murdered Sid Wells," according to court records of the grand jury proceeding later released under court order.
    Prosecutor Pete Maguire stated in an affidavit that he explained to the grand jury that he did not think there was enough evidence to file criminal charges.
    "After a period of deliberation the grand jury indicated that they would not request that they be allowed to vote and decide the issue of probable cause," according to Maguire's affidavit.
    In 1997, Boulder police reopened their investigation of that grand jury's target, Thayne Smika, whose whereabouts are unknown.
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...0/19lrams.html

Lin Wood now:

Lin Wood, the Atlanta lawyer for John Ramsey, said, "I have known for years that Boulder prosecutors did not file charges against John and Patsy Ramsey because the evidence to prosecute them did not exist."
    He said Monday that any reported "confusion of the grand jury over child abuse" could have been addressed had the Ramsey parents testified, as they repeatedly offered to do.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/justic...ent/index.html
    Last edited by Cherokee; February 6, 2013, 10:31 am at Wed Feb 6 10:31:32 UTC 2013.

Default Amazing

Before I ban myself for all of the angry words getting ready to spew from deep inside of me...Mega thanks for sharing these reminders! I knew I heard this news before, Cynic!

Steve Thomas...this one is for YOU!!!

Let the Real Drama begin!!! Team Ramsey, your many lies are finally unraveling.

JFJBR,
    RR
    Last edited by RiverRat; October 28, 2013, 4:19 pm at Mon Oct 28 16:19:23 UTC 2013.

Let's publish the book with all these LIES stated on record by high-paid Ramsey attorney LW and call this book: 'Lin Wood land of LIES' or 'How much LIES cost?'...

All these statements on TV, radio and in COURT should be compiled and published in capital letters for everyone to see!!!!

It's the time to get this blood-sucker Lin Wood to court for label, misinformation and LIES!!!!

Cynic, we'll donate for publishing this book! Do it!!!!!

Cynic, thanks for compiling this list.

Unfortunately, it's relatively short. If you tried to list all the Team Ramsey BS spun through the last 16 years, it might take up the rest of your life...if you lived to be 100...or more.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I have read ST's words on Larry King a few times. I wished each time I read the transcript, that at least one juror would 'spill the beans'.

I have no idea how much money Lin Wood has made defending the R's, telling lies and brow beating innocent people involved in this case. Whatever amount of money he made, it wont keep him warm when he dies. That will be when he answers for his actions.

Steve Thomas, thank you for having the fortitude to stick to your guns!! You, along with Chief Kolar gone above and beyond to gain justice for JonBenet

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have read ST's words on Larry King a few times. I wished each time I read the transcript, that at least one juror would 'spill the beans'.

Steve Thomas, thank you for having the fortitude to stick to your guns!! You, along with Chief Kolar gone above and beyond to gain justice for JonBenet
    Amen!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.