Ramsey grand jury voted to indict parents in 1999, DA refused to prosecute!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Jan 27, 2013.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

2. BobC

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

JonBenet Ramsey grand jury voted to indict parents in 1999, but DA refused to prosecute

By Charlie Brennan, Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 01/27/2013 12:00:00 AM MST
    Updated: 01/27/2013 01:57:58 AM MST

Excerpts:

[snip]

Yet multiple sources, including members of the grand jury, have now confirmed to the Daily Camera what Hunter did not say that day: The grand jury voted to indict both John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death in connection with the events of Christmas night 1996 -- but Hunter refused to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

One legal expert, however, believes Colorado law may have obligated Hunter to at least sign the indictment, even if he elected not to prosecute the case.

"We didn't know who did what," one juror told the Camera, "but we felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't."

[snip]

Wise and Grant both question the validity of Lacy's exoneration, and they say Garnett -- and his successors -- are not bound by it.

"It's more inappropriate than anything else," Grant said. "It's not a prosecutorial duty to exonerate people. It's a prosecutorial duty to seek justice and to prosecute the bad guys. If you don't have a bad guy to prosecute, don't exonerate people who are at least peripherally under suspicion. I didn't think it was appropriate at all."

[snip]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  4. BobC

I can understand the legal problem of not knowing for sure who did what, but what I cannot fathom is Lacy exonerating the Ramseys. And why have there never been lesser charges filed? I know everyone will say that prosecutors didn't want to give away evidence in the murder case but there hasn't been, nor will there ever be, a murder trial. This is Rich Man Justice.

5. Cherokee

Truer words were ne'er spoken!

Lacy needs to be strung up by her hair curtains and made to rescind her bogus "exoneration"!!!

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I think cynic documented negligent homicide law which would have put Patsy into the defense chair with ease, since it was plenty easy to prove Patsy wrote that note, had THE DAMNED DA EVER DONE HIS JOB.

Then there were the PHONE RECORDS which I am convinced--and will be until the day I die--HUNTER BURIED FOR A REASON. Once Hunter was in that deep, the Ramseys had him over a barrel, as well, so he was hardly going to try them when they would just turn around and say, yeah, and what did YOU do, Mr. Hunter, that was ILLEGAL in this case?

Well, that's my opinion, anyway, and you all know it, so...I think I'll start drinking now....

7. BobC

That's exactly what bugs the ---- out of me-how the Ramseys have been treated like long persecuted heroes when they are in fact the prime suspects in this case. This has not changed. Not one shred of credible evidence has come to light that points to anyone outside that home. You'd have to be brain dead not to see that Patsy authored the ransom note, with or without help from JR, and that alone should exclude them from the poor pitiful victim bucket.

People have been acting like the fake ransom note never happened for ten years now--which is astonishing seeing as how Alex Hunter said it was the clearest evidence in the case. But we Do get to hear one mindless debate after another about stun guns--which NO ONE in Law Enforcement ever took seriously.

8. BobC

I am really surprised more people aren't commenting on this. This is the biggest news we've had in years.

9. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks BobC for posting this. I think! This is so frustrating. In the comments following both articles are views that the writers express about the GJ members now speaking about what generally went on when they shouldn't be speaking it at all. Fascinating!

I wonder if they were given the choice of lessor charges to get to a true bill? And in that same second article the law professor, Mimi Wesson, explains that the GJ foreman could have presented an indictment in open court over the DA's suggestions. Now that is interesting. Perhaps they didn't know that or were scared to do so. We will never know except that somewhere in that article it does say that the courts can order the proceedings to be aired.

I cannot tell any of you how upsetting all of this new news is. I know you are all just as upset by it. It grates big time. And it makes Mary Lacy's actions even more upsetting than they were back then. What a weak jellyfish she was. And Hunter? Not printable for family entertainment.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

I will be going off the deep end about this tonight on my show.

Show starts at 8 PM Eastern. My first guest is Rick Baker who has written a book about the McStay family mystery.

After that I will proceed to lose my mind over this outragous, yet not surprising development.

Here is the link to the show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/01/28/websleuths-radio

8 PM Eastern, 7 PM Central, If you want to call in and talk about the Ramseys feel free 760-825-0933

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
  11. Cherokee

Zoomama, I think you're being too kind. Lacy's actions weren't that of a jellyfish. Lacy knew EXACTLY what she was doing, and she did it deliberately!

Mary Lacy KNEW all along that the GJ voted to indict the Ramseys, and she STILL did her PR stunt of "exonerating" the Ramseys with questionable DNA findings!!!

1. Lacy had no right to exonerate anyone! District Attorneys do not exonerate; they prosecute. Even Wise and Grant said Lacy's exoneration had no validity! Then why the hell does the media still propagate this lie?!!!

2. The bogus exoneration is not worth the paper it's printed on because the partial DNA of five men and a woman were found on JonBenet's clothing - not just the partial DNA of one man, as Lacy would have the public to believe! Lacy KNEW there were more donors of partial DNA on JonBenet's clothing, but she led the public to believe there was only one donor!

3. Lacy completely screwed the truth over by issuing her bogus exoneration. Look at Bryan Morgan, the Ramsey's former attorney. What does he say when asked about the GJ indicting the Ramseys? He immediately pulls out the LACY GO FREE CARD and says they've been exonerated by DNA! It's the Ramsey's ace in the hole every time the truth comes out! And it's based on a lie!

4. Mary Lacy needs to be criminally prosecuted for damaging a "current" investigation! If the Ramsey case files are still being kept closed because it is an on-going case, then Lacy has interferred with the prosecution of that case. If it's not an on-going case, the open up the files and let us see for ourselves what the truth is!

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

For some reason, I'm not surprised to hear this about that Ratbastid Hunter. When I read this on Drudge this morning, and told me husband, he said "money talks." Yep, I told him I have no doubt about the rumors that before a 911 call was made, Lizard Tongue called attorneys, the governor and maybe even Dr. Beuf. I'll bet that tongue is going on overdrive today. He might have already known this, tho. Since they voted to indict both of these pukes, why can't Beckner start something going, I wonder? Wow. I wonder why this is coming out now.

13. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree with all 4 points Chero.

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

15. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

First of all, thank you all for many years of hope and prayers. It's not over yet but some how I feel today is the 'turning point' day.

Thank you Tricia, Cynic, Cherokee for an excellent radio show. Thank you Bobc by bringing up this news.

So, Mr. John Ramsey, maybe you should write another book on how lucky you and Patsy are?!!!! Both of you are dirty rotten liars!!!! The only suffering you should talk about is the suffering of your children under your parenting skills!!!.. Hope one day you'll pay for it...IN JAIL!!!!

16. Karen

Karen Member

Kolar had to know this information. I wonder what other juicy info he knows but either can't or won't divulge?

Thanks for the info Bob. It's another typical Ramsey case sad fact.

17. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

We heard before that some GJ members wants to talk. Now we know: they're start talking!!!...after 13 years, it's music to my ears. Of course I'm mad for JBR unjustice. But better late than never. I really hope it's beginning of the end.

18. Karen

Karen Member

OMG! Fleet and Priscilla White are going to flip their ever lovin' lids over this news.

19. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Hope so. Maybe they'll be the next to start talking:). Like a snowball, let's the show begin!:toast:

20. Karen

Karen Member

This GJ obviously did not buy Smits powerpoint presentation. They probably laughed all the way home. I wonder if they knew Smit actually had to go to court to be able to bring that evidence to them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice