Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool Grand Jury Refresher!

As always, ACandyRose has a very informative site set up for numerous issues regarding the grand jury. I had to share after realizing just how much dust gathers up in 16 years...might not be just me!

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-ramsey-grand-jury.htm
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Here is the hard-hitting interview by People.

Almost three years had passed since the 1996 murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey. As D.A. Alex Hunter stepped to the podium in Boulder, Colo., to announce the grand jury’s findings, no hearts beat harder than those of the beauty pageant queen’s parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. “Our attorneys had us totally prepared to go to jail,” John tells PEOPLE, “We had bail money set up” Instead, Hunter, saying he lacked “sufficient evidence” to file charges against anyone, let the jury go.
    It turns out the grand jury had actually voted to indict JonBenet’s parents on charges of child abuse resulting in death, a felony that carries a potential sentence of up to 48 years.”We felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her and they didn’t” on juror told Boulder’s Daily Camera about the celebrated cold case. Former assistant D.A. Bill Wise called Hunter’s determination not to indict the right decision because the case was unwinnable. Defense attorney Scott Robinson, a Denver expert on the case, called Hunter’s decision “unprecedented” and likened it to a presidential pocket veto.
    The D.A.’s office declined comment, but John Ramsey, who was officially cleard in 2008 along with his by-then-deceased wife, was unfazed by the story. “It’s just more drama,” says Ramsey, 69 ,who now lives with his third wife, Jan in Michigan and Nevada. Noting that the statute of limitations on the indictment has long since passed, James Kolar, one of the former D.A.’s lead investigators says, “No one is ever going to be charged in this case.”

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

Noting that the statute of limitations on the indictment has long since passed, James Kolar, one of the former D.A.’s lead investigators says, “No one is ever going to be charged in this case.”
    ARGHH.

He's right, of course.

At this point I just want all the grand jury evidence released, and an investigation by the Feds into the officials who prevented justice for Jonbenet - Hunter, Lacey, etc. A girl can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    ARGHH.

He's right, of course.

At this point I just want all the grand jury evidence released, and an investigation by the Feds into the officials who prevented justice for Jonbenet - Hunter, Lacey, etc. A girl can dream.
    That's exactly what I want, too, Wombat!

Exclamation

Ooooh and make that me too or three!
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Originally Posted by wombat
    ARGHH.

He's right, of course.

I'm signing up for this too, Wombat!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Cynic:

Almost three years had passed since the 1996 murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey. As D.A. Alex Hunter stepped to the podium in Boulder, Colo., to announce the grand jury’s findings, no hearts beat harder than those of the beauty pageant queen’s parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. “Our attorneys had us totally prepared to go to jail,” John tells PEOPLE, “We had bail money set up” Instead, Hunter, saying he lacked “sufficient evidence” to file charges against anyone, let the jury go.
    It turns out the grand jury had actually voted to indict JonBenet’s parents on charges of child abuse resulting in death, a felony that carries a potential sentence of up to 48 years.”We felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her and they didn’t” on juror told Boulder’s Daily Camera about the celebrated cold case. Former assistant D.A. Bill Wise called Hunter’s determination not to indict the right decision because the case was unwinnable. Defense attorney Scott Robinson, a Denver expert on the case, called Hunter’s decision “unprecedented” and likened it to a presidential pocket veto.
    The D.A.’s office declined comment, but John Ramsey, who was officially cleard in 2008 along with his by-then-deceased wife, was unfazed by the story. “It’s just more drama,” says Ramsey, 69 ,who now lives with his third wife, Jan in Michigan and Nevada. Noting that the statute of limitations on the indictment has long since passed, James Kolar, one of the former D.A.’s lead investigators says, “No one is ever going to be charged in this case.”
    Thank you for posting this "People" interview cynic!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

I really wouldn't call that "hard-hitting," but thanks for posting it, cynic.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I really wouldn't call that "hard-hitting," but thanks for posting it, cynic.
    I was kidding, John doesn't do "hard-hitting" interviews.
    IIRC, the last hard question that John was asked in an interview was in the year 2000.
    Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, it is our belief based on forensic evidence that there are hairs that are associated, that the source is the collared black shirt that you sent us that are found in your daughter's underpants, and I wondered if you --

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    As always, ACandyRose has a very informative site set up for numerous issues regarding the grand jury. I had to share after realizing just how much dust gathers up in 16 years...might not be just me!

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-ramsey-grand-jury.htm
    Thanks RR, a lot of good stuff there.
    I'll leave you with something that I ran across recently.

Alex Hunter in an interview about the JonBenet case from the year 2000.

“I’m at total peace about the calls that I’ve made in this case.”

“I’m real proud of them (BPD) and it was great to work with them. We did have this one (Steve Thomas) that went out and pecked at the bones of JonBenet…high profile, never handled a homicide, not one, and of course the commander of detectives never handled a homicide and that got us a little bit off on the wrong foot.”

“We can’t give up on this kind of a case, we must not, the public won’t let us anyway, and we solve cases so people should not throw in the towel.”

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

What kind of trash is that- "pecked at the bones of JonBenet"? You mean trying to SOLVE the murder of JonBenet? I'd like to slap him.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    What kind of trash is that- "pecked at the bones of JonBenet"? You mean trying to SOLVE the murder of JonBenet? I'd like to slap him.
    Doesn't he sound professional.

I'll help with the slapping.