Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2...nts/?hpt=hp_t1

Quote from Count VII:

"knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime Of Murder in the First Degree and Child abuse resulting in Death"

I'm confused over how one can*know* that someone committed murder yet they are *suspected* of murder. Did they know or just suspect?

The lady lawyer on the CBS special said the true bill could be interpreted to mean John or Patsy committed the murder and the other assisted but, in her opinion, it was instead referring to Burke.

The indictment is totally ambiguous and like you said, Rashomon, child abuse sounds like something an adult would be charged with. The highest form of child abuse, to me, would result in a homicide of some degree.

It's also nice to see you posting again after these many years.
    Last edited by BOESP; October 27, 2016, 7:55 pm at Thu Oct 27 19:55:33 UTC 2016. Reason: added "said" for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    It's also nice to see you posting again after these many years.
    Thank you for your kind words, BOESP.
    The JonBenet case will always be a part of my life, and I'm deeply moved that after all those years, so much of the truth has come out.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    The lady lawyer on the CBS special said the true bill could be interpreted to mean John or Patsy committed the murder and the other assisted but, in her opinion, it was instead referring to Burke.
    Or could "murder" refer to the final strangulation of JonBenet committed by either John or Patsy because they wanted to cover up that Burke had inflicted the horrific head injury?

And if either John or Patsy also inflicted the acute sexual injury on JonBenet as part of the cover-up, then the term "child abuse" might refer to this act, because JonBenet was not yet dead when this happened ...
    Last edited by rashomon; November 6, 2016, 5:36 pm at Sun Nov 6 17:36:36 UTC 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, BOESP.
    The JonBenet case will always be a part of my life, and I'm deeply moved that after all those years, so much of the truth has come out.

Or could "murder" refer to the final strangulation of JonBenet committed by either John or Patsy because they wanted to cover up that Burke had inflicted the horrific head injury?

And if either John or Patsy also inflicted the acute sexual injury on JonBenet as part of the cover-up, then the term "child abuse" might refer to this act, because JonBenet was not yet dead when this happened ...
    It was a cleverly worded true bill, that's for sure. Hopefully, the rest of the entire true bill will soon be released.

I'm not convinced Burke initiated the injuries but I'm open to that possibility.

Based only on what is publicly available, I still believe Patsy positively wrote the note and likely she accidentally injured JonBenet due to careless disregard.

The more I see and study this case the more I wonder about John Ramsey's participation. I base this more on statistical possibilities than on available public evidence.

Even if it turns out that Burke did it, I will never understand parents who didn't seek immediate medical help for JonBenet.