Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Carol began the slide down the slippery slope when she began interviewing various people for her Daily Beast article relating to the release of Kolar’s book.
    She started hanging around snakes and weasels and something happened.
    This is from Tricia’s True Crime show

Listen around 2:40
    Carol McKinley: “I can’t really comment on Lin Wood…
    [SNIP]
    “He and I were very cordial for the piece that I wrote”
    Thanks, cynic. I did notice that, as well. I wanted to attribute it to her making an effort to be "unbiased" at the time, especially with her history with Team Ramsey's slapsuit. That's why it's called a SLAPsuit, BTW.

But listening to Carol on Peter's show, it seems she's over-compensating, licking her wounds as she slides the blinders on.

It's human, I guess. I don't know what she suffered, but I'm sure it was as much torture as powerful Team Ramsey could inflict.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Well, I have now listened to almost all of the Boyles show. People who say they know one little snippet of evidence that hasn't come out - but they can't say what it it - DRIVE ME CRAZY. Come on, Boyles, let us in on it! Boyles is pretty certain that Burke didn't do it - maybe the still-secret evidence badly implicates Mr. and/or Mrs. Ramsey.

I hope BobC is getting the right feeling - that we actually may find out what really happened.
    Well, I don't have an inordinate amount of respect for Peter Boyles' opinion. Thomas Kolar HAS seen the case file - ALL of it - and it comes through in his book pretty strongly that he DOES believe that Burke was involved, if not the perpetrator. I'll place my bets on Kolar's opinion.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Well it's just that kind of hand-wringing, non-committal attitude that I've grown very tired of. Every case has risks. Every case has problems. Just that ransom note alone should have put Patsy's pert behind on a jail cot. She'd have talked. But there was NO pressure put on either one of them.

Carole seriously angered me when she started explaining what a marvelous decision it was for Hunter to enlist Smit to get the "defense side of things." Lou Smit WAS the defense! Smit went far, far beyond playing the devil's advocate.

Virtually every action done by Hunter and Lacy, if you get beyond all the hand-wringing and excuse making, directly sabotaged any hope of the Ramseys paying for what they did. Heads should roll.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Well, I don't have an inordinate amount of respect for Peter Boyles' opinion. Thomas Kolar HAS seen the case file - ALL of it - and it comes through in his book pretty strongly that he DOES believe that Burke was involved, if not the perpetrator. I'll place my bets on Kolar's opinion.
    I want to see the explanation for Burke's pajama bottoms lying in the floor of JB's bedroom.

Patsy said JB slept in Burke's room on Christmas Eve, didn't she?

The maid was there on the 23rd, before and during the Christmas party, right?

The maid's daughter borrowed clothing to be at the party and played with JonBenet in her room, it seems I remember reading? Anyone have more specific info on this?

Stands to reason the maid would have checked on her daughter regarding a change of clothes. She was helping Patsy with the party as well. Did that include picking up dirty clothing out of the floor, straightening up?

My point is, if it were my child, I'd have been wondering why his pj bottoms were on the floor in her room, PERIOD. Maybe there is an innocent explanation, but an autopsy discovering she'd been previously and possibly repeatedly molested does give one pause with this detail.

I also trust Kolar. Like Thomas, he has an eye for detail. I imagine Boyle is saying he doesn't think Burke could have come up with that ligature and staging, especially the note. I agree, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a non-criminal part in the events that led to what I consider murder, with mitigating circumstances. It should have been a plead down to manslaughter, at the very least, IF Burke was the one who bludgeoned his sister. And maybe he wasn't.

Personally, the missing pieces for me are who was molesting the child before that night and who struck the head blow. If Burke were involved, that would be my guess.

What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Well it's just that kind of hand-wringing, non-committal attitude that I've grown very tired of. Every case has risks. Every case has problems. Just that ransom note alone should have put Patsy's pert behind on a jail cot. She'd have talked. But there was NO pressure put on either one of them.

Carole seriously angered me when she started explaining what a marvelous decision it was for Hunter to enlist Smit to get the "defense side of things." Lou Smit WAS the defense! Smit went far, far beyond playing the devil's advocate.

Virtually every action done by Hunter and Lacy, if you get beyond all the hand-wringing and excuse making, directly sabotaged any hope of the Ramseys paying for what they did. Heads should roll.
    McKinley must be very naive if she has completely missed that Hunter was in this up to his corrupt neck long before Smit was hired.

I agree, BobC: somewhere in this madness, Patsy wrote the fake ransom note, which should have been enough to arrest her.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I agree, BobC: somewhere in this madness, Patsy wrote the fake ransom note, which should have been enough to arrest her.
    But why arrest someone if you never intend to prosecute them?

Alex Hunter NEVER intended to prosecute the Ramseys for anything! Steve Thomas finally realized that, and it's why he resigned. It's why Fleet White refused to talk and incur more persecution from Team Ramsey. It's why even a true bill indictment handed down from the Ramsey Grand Jury was ignored!

The "fix" was in before we ever knew what happened. It has necessitated a long trail of corruption, lies and malfeasance ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I'm not sure Kolar could (or would) say what he really thinks except in a court of law under oath. You know officers used to have to face physical death from guns etc. (and still do) in order to make an arrest and bring in a suspect. Now days they also face financial, legal and social death in the guise of law suits.

I think he'll eventually have plenty to say. I'm betting he's saving himself for the wedding night when everything is nice and legal and covered by the law.
    There were several questions Chief Kolar wouldn't answer on one of Tricia's radio shows. He just said he was sorry and couldn't give a reply. He knows it would mean trouble for him if he did! Frustrating!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post

I also trust Kolar. Like Thomas, he has an eye for detail. I imagine Boyle is saying he doesn't think Burke could have come up with that ligature and staging, especially the note. I agree, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a non-criminal part in the events that led to what I consider murder, with mitigating circumstances. It should have been a plead down to manslaughter, at the very least, IF Burke was the one who bludgeoned his sister. And maybe he wasn't.

Personally, the missing pieces for me are who was molesting the child before that night and who struck the head blow. If Burke were involved, that would be my guess.
    But, as we've known for years, if Burke struck the head blow, or even if he did the whole thing including the molestation and the strangulation that finally took JonBenet's life, he could not have been prosecuted (below the age of reason according to Colorado criminal law). So, one wonders, why the elaborate staging in the first place? Was it just to fool Burke into thinking that he wasn't responsible for his sister's death after all? To make sure Burke never took responsibility for what he'd done? To make sure Burke wasn't removed from the household and taken into custody for evaluation? Or just to cover the adult Ramseys' arses?

The PJ bottoms being on JonBenet's floor would be strange. Nothing in her autopsy suggests that she had been penetrated by a penis, either an adult or a younger male. The molestation looked to have been done perhaps by a finger. So maybe the PJ bottoms don't figure into the final crime.

I have every hope we may finally see Justice for JonBenet.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Koldkase:

I want to see the explanation for Burke's pajama bottoms lying in the floor of JB's bedroom.

Patsy said JB slept in Burke's room on Christmas Eve, didn't she?

The maid was there on the 23rd, before and during the Christmas party, right?

The maid's daughter borrowed clothing to be at the party and played with JonBenet in her room, it seems I remember reading? Anyone have more specific info on this?

Stands to reason the maid would have checked on her daughter regarding a change of clothes. She was helping Patsy with the party as well. Did that include picking up dirty clothing out of the floor, straightening up?

My point is, if it were my child, I'd have been wondering why his pj bottoms were on the floor in her room, PERIOD. Maybe there is an innocent explanation, but an autopsy discovering she'd been previously and possibly repeatedly molested does give one pause with this detail.

What a nightmare.
    Koldkase,

What I cannot understand is the fact Patsy and John Ramsey made no effort to remove Burke's jammy bottoms lying on the floor knowing the police were actually coming. This I can't understand, because these jammies proved Burke was in JonBenét's room that night (?). I'm confused about this part!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I think the answers to our questions are in sealed file: Burke's medical history record.

If these records has any other evidences of prior rage-related behavior and/or reference to other accidents with other children then Patsy's concern of loosing another child was the valid concern. Because regardless of his age, he would be taken away for psyhological evaluation and possibly placed in the special clinic for years!...I'm sure this wouldn't be acceptable for Ramseys! Their image would be forever ruined. One child dead and her older brother in psychiatric clinic!!!! Disgrace!!!

In regards of Burke's PJ with poop in it, I wouldn't be surprized to learn that this behavior was common by Burke when he was angry at JB. Maybe leaving poop in her room or on her bed was some kind of 'pay back' for bothering him or for touching his stuff.

Burke was very much 'introverted' child (don't know if he still is). Kind of leave me alone! JB, on another hand, was very outgoing, active, possibly noisy and bored without entertainment...so, the problem is right here already for any parents in normal situation... but if you'll add the possible SBP then danger is waiting to happen...

jmo

Somewhere in the last couple of months I read a comment Patsy made about Burke's pajama bottoms. She said something on the order of if JonBenet wet the bed that JonBenet would sometimes put on a pair of Burke's pajamas that he had outgrown because JonBenet didn't always have a clean, dry pair handy during the middle of the night. I am sorry that I can not remember where I read this but, hopefully, someone else here read it and can remember.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Somewhere in the last couple of months I read a comment Patsy made about Burke's pajama bottoms. She said something on the order of if JonBenet wet the bed that JonBenet would sometimes put on a pair of Burke's pajamas that he had outgrown because JonBenet didn't always have a clean, dry pair handy during the middle of the night. I am sorry that I can not remember where I read this but, hopefully, someone else here read it and can remember.
    Yes, I do remember that!

About the poop on the candy- your previous post made me think that BR could have been angry about JB pooping in HIS room (or bed!) that he picked up HER own poop and smeared the box of her favorite candy with it.
    Kinda like when someone gets tired of their neighbor's dog pooping on their property and tosses it back on the dog-owner's property.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Yes, I do remember that!

About the poop on the candy- your previous post made me think that BR could have been angry about JB pooping in HIS room (or bed!) that he picked up HER own poop and smeared the box of her favorite candy with it.
    Kinda like when someone gets tired of their neighbor's dog pooping on their property and tosses it back on the dog-owner's property.
    Boy am I glad I mentioned it! Thanks!

I can see a boy doing that as retribution to his kid sister. Or he could have just tossed the soiled clothing onto the candy and made a remark. There are several "innocent" scenes that could possibly explain the poop-smeared candy although had I pulled that stunt as a kid I'd still be standing up!!!!