Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind4U View Post
    I need to ask your forgivenes for making HONEST mistake...I have no idea why I mixed-up the authors name! I thought that book I had was written by Miller. STUPID of me...It's NOT the Miller's book... so, sorry....I'm so embarrassed
    Too many books around OM4U! We all make mistakes! Just wait until you become a Senior, like me. It happens more often! Just trying to cheer you up. There's a lot more in life to be concerned about.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Too many books around OM4U! We all make mistakes! Just wait until you become a Senior, like me. It happens more often! Just trying to cheer you up. There's a lot more in life to be concerned about.
    Thank you Elle. I'm already Senior.....

I need to ask your forgivenes for making HONEST mistake...I have no idea why I mixed-up the authors name! I thought that book I had was written by Miller. STUPID of me...It's NOT the Miller's book... so, sorry....I'm so embarrassed
    No need to be embarrassed. There are so many books, programs, articles, lawsuits, transcripts, etc., it's very hard to keep up. And we all make mistakes from time to time, no one more than I.

I was just hoping you did have the book Miller wrote and had read it, as it's in Japanese and no one I know has. I'd simply like to know what Miller believes , as his wife Judith Phillips (Cookie, here on this forum) stated we'd know everything or some such once we read it--in English, of course.

Only it never came out in English. s i g h

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Thank you Elle. I'm already Senior.....
    Ah! BUT! ... I am a Senior Senior. You are just a young Senior!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    No need to be embarrassed. There are so many books, programs, articles, lawsuits, transcripts, etc., it's very hard to keep up. And we all make mistakes from time to time, no one more than I.

I was just hoping you did have the book Miller wrote and had read it, as it's in Japanese and no one I know has. I'd simply like to know what Miller believes , as his wife Judith Phillips (Cookie, here on this forum) stated we'd know everything or some such once we read it--in English, of course.

Only it never came out in English. s i g h
    Why can't he self publish as Kolar did?

I'm leery of anyone who says we'll know everything. Only two people alive right now know what actually happened that night.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Dee Dee--you're right, come to think of it. I wonder how she came to the conclusion then?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Why can't he self publish as Kolar did?

I'm leery of anyone who says we'll know everything. Only two people alive right now know what actually happened that night.
    I listened to part of Miller's guest appearance on Peter Boyle's show last Thurs, I think it was. (There's a thread with a link to it cynic posted here.) Miller mentioned he might do just that.

As for being skeptical, I'm always skeptical about anything in this case. Either it passes the smell test or it doesn't.

But Judith Phillips was a friend of the Ramseys who knew them for over a decade, from Atlanta to Boulder. Doc Miller, her second husband whom she met and married after Team Ramsey had skewered both of them in truly horrible ways, is a handwriting expert and was deep inside the early case shenanigans in Boulder through his work on the ransom note.

So I'd be very interested in reading his book, whether I agreed with his perspective or not.

I'm sure there's something he can share that we might find insightful.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I have to agree with you here, BOESP. I think Patsy was a split personality type.

I must listen to the broadcast now. I hope it went off well last night!(?).
    Clearly I need to film and then youtube a lesson in Southern personalities.

We would call that "split personality" being "high strung." A symptom is the easily spotted "hissy fit"; I have seen grown men grow pale when threatened with or witnessing one of these. It has been known to bring them to their knees. Invoking pleas to their Maker, no less.

Oh, yeah. Believe it.

Cynic knows first hand. He didn't give up a choice closing-argument spot for fun....

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Clearly I need to film and then youtube a lesson in Southern personalities.

We would call that "split personality" being "high strung." A symptom is the easily spotted "hissy fit"; I have seen grown men grow pale when threatened with or witnessing one of these. It has been known to bring them to their knees. Invoking pleas to their Maker, no less.

Oh, yeah. Believe it.

Cynic knows first hand. He didn't give up a choice closing-argument spot for fun....
    Oooooooh! This would be v-e-r-r-r-y interesting KK. The only Southern Belle I ever saw on the screen, as I told you before, was Viviene Leigh, the English film star in "Gone With The Wind." She married Sir Laurence Olivier. She was wonderful in the part "for me". You didn't think so, I believe, because she wasn't a true Southern Belle. However, she outdid every other female who casted for the part.

You are the closest I have ever come to ever hearing a true Southern accent which I liked, but you were fed up hearing about this from me, so I shut uppa my face!

Did you read that your friend cynic is willing to give up a kidney for you?
    Good grief! I hope his wife doesn't find out! Of course, he may be single! (?).
    He is one lovely person, for sure.

Is there anything you would like to tell me?
    Just my opinion.

Oooooooh! This would be v-e-r-r-r-y interesting KK. The only Southern Belle I ever saw on the screen, as I told you before, was Viviene Leigh, the English film star in "Gone With The Wind." She married Sir Laurence Olivier. She was wonderful in the part "for me". You didn't think so, I believe, because she wasn't a true Southern Belle. However, she outdid every other female who casted for the part.

You are the closest I have ever come to ever hearing a true Southern accent which I liked, but you were fed up hearing about this from me, so I shut uppa my face!

Did you read that your friend cynic is willing to give up a kidney for you?
    Good grief! I hope his wife doesn't find out! Of course, he may be single! (?).
    He is one lovely person, for sure.

Is there anything you would like to tell me?

I only resented that faux Southern accent forced upon Vivienne by Hollywood, but otherwise hated the film for other reasons having nothing to do with her. Call it historical shame, I guess, Elle: it's worse the older I get. I'm horrified at the role the South played in our country's racial history, that's all.

I never tire of having people mention my accent, Elle. I love accents of all kinds, so I consider it just part of my regional identity...not all good, but an accent is just interesting sociological learned behavior. What interests me is cultural influence involved.

So don't you ever worry that I'm being persnickety about it. I am always flattered that you even bother to listen, and you're so nice to mention it.

So that's all I have to say to you, dear Elle, and thanks for all your support.

As for cynic's kind words...may I mention HISSY FIT? One might need a spare kidney one day.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I only resented that faux Southern accent forced upon Vivienne by Hollywood, but otherwise hated the film for other reasons having nothing to do with her. Call it historical shame, I guess, Elle: it's worse the older I get. I'm horrified at the role the South played in our country's racial history, that's all.

I never tire of having people mention my accent, Elle. I love accents of all kinds, so I consider it just part of my regional identity...not all good, but an accent is just interesting sociological learned behavior. What interests me is cultural influence involved.

So don't you ever worry that I'm being persnickety about it. I am always flattered that you even bother to listen, and you're so nice to mention it.

So that's all I have to say to you, dear Elle, and thanks for all your support.

As for cynic's kind words...may I mention HISSY FIT? One might need a spare kidney one day.
    All things considered KK, you are very much liked and admired by most of the posters here for all the hard work you have put into this case.

I can't get over all the excitement this latest news about the Grand Jury has caused since the news leaked out about the Grand Jury voting to indict the Ramseys and we never even knew it! I wonder if anything will stem from this or will we be back to square one (?).

I know I will hear your lovely accent again the next tme you're on Tricia's radio show. Maybe Tricia can arrange it that just you and Chief Kolar can talk. Howzzat sound?
    Just my opinion.

All things considered KK, you are very much liked and admired by most of the posters here for all the hard work you have put into this case.

I can't get over all the excitement this latest news about the Grand Jury has caused since the news leaked out about the Grand Jury voting to indict the Ramseys and we never even knew it! I wonder if anything will stem from this or will we be back to square one (?).

I know I will hear your lovely accent again the next tme you're on Tricia's radio show. Maybe Tricia can arrange it that just you and Chief Kolar can talk. Howzzat sound?
    No pressure, huh? LOL

I'm afraid I'm not the person who should be burdening Kolar about this case, Elle. He'd probably just want to arrest me by the end.

I doubt anything will come of any of this, Elle, because no BDA is going to open that can of worms again, IMO. Anything Hunter or Lacy did that might be prosecutable has probably already run out the statute of limitations anyway. The Colorado Bar isn't going to go after them, either: if that was on the table, they'd have done so long ago when Hunter was busy protecting the prime suspects and Lacy was staging a back-patting press conference because she'd dragged a faux suspect half way round the world, not to mention publicizing an "exoneration" letter for which she had no legal authority or precedent.

As for that actual grand jury indictment, there's no way to actually make a case for JonBenet's murder now that Patsy's dead, anyway, as she will forever be reasonable doubt for anyone, including and especially for John. He would always have the "Patsy did it" card to play in a pinch. Other than direct involvement, the statute of limitations has run out on any other crime he might have been charged with, so it's pretty much over.

I hope I'm wrong, but Kolar has said as much himself, so we're basically just documenting the truth here...more like historians, I'd say.

That's the only justice we'll see for this murder.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~