Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 97 to 108 of 108
  1. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    No pressure, huh? LOL

    I'm afraid I'm not the person who should be burdening Kolar about this case, Elle. He'd probably just want to arrest me by the end.

    I doubt anything will come of any of this, Elle, because no BDA is going to open that can of worms again, IMO. Anything Hunter or Lacy did that might be prosecutable has probably already run out the statute of limitations anyway. The Colorado Bar isn't going to go after them, either: if that was on the table, they'd have done so long ago when Hunter was busy protecting the prime suspects and Lacy was staging a back-patting press conference because she'd dragged a faux suspect half way round the world, not to mention publicizing an "exoneration" letter for which she had no legal authority or precedent.

    As for that actual grand jury indictment, there's no way to actually make a case for JonBenet's murder now that Patsy's dead, anyway, as she will forever be reasonable doubt for anyone, including and especially for John. He would always have the "Patsy did it" card to play in a pinch. Other than direct involvement, the statute of limitations has run out on any other crime he might have been charged with, so it's pretty much over.

    I hope I'm wrong, but Kolar has said as much himself, so we're basically just documenting the truth here...more like historians, I'd say.

    That's the only justice we'll see for this murder.
    I hear you KK, and understand what you're saying. You could be right! It all adds up to aggravation and anger about the latest news of the Grand Jury actually voting for an indictment against the Ramseys, and we're just finding out! It does help the frustration to talk it over.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  2. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Koldkase,

    I found myself browsing through the threads and came across one of yours:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=193498#post193498
    Thank you and cynic for all the work involved in this. I've also been reading pages 386-389 of Kolar's Book "FOREIGN FACTION"
    relating to the train track marks etc. He also writes about Burke still being under psychiatric care three years after the murder of JonBenét.

    My soundtrack wasn't good. I could hear what Chief Kolar was saying, but not what a man in the audience was asking him. Do you have another link for this by any chance?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  3. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    No pressure, huh? LOL

    I'm afraid I'm not the person who should be burdening Kolar about this case, Elle. He'd probably just want to arrest me by the end.

    I doubt anything will come of any of this, Elle, because no BDA is going to open that can of worms again, IMO. Anything Hunter or Lacy did that might be prosecutable has probably already run out the statute of limitations anyway. The Colorado Bar isn't going to go after them, either: if that was on the table, they'd have done so long ago when Hunter was busy protecting the prime suspects and Lacy was staging a back-patting press conference because she'd dragged a faux suspect half way round the world, not to mention publicizing an "exoneration" letter for which she had no legal authority or precedent.

    As for that actual grand jury indictment, there's no way to actually make a case for JonBenet's murder now that Patsy's dead, anyway, as she will forever be reasonable doubt for anyone, including and especially for John. He would always have the "Patsy did it" card to play in a pinch. Other than direct involvement, the statute of limitations has run out on any other crime he might have been charged with, so it's pretty much over.

    I hope I'm wrong, but Kolar has said as much himself, so we're basically just documenting the truth here...more like historians, I'd say.

    That's the only justice we'll see for this murder.
    I don't know...There's some little part of me that simply refuses to give up hope that SOMEHOW, at SOME POINT, the truth will come out. No, there won't be any jail time for any of the principals, but at least the lies will be shredded and the real story will be known, down to the last detail of the cover-up. It might still take a while, but the fact that the GJ findings have leaked out means that JonBenet has not been fully forgotten, "spark plug" that she was.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  4. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Dee Dee--you're right, come to think of it. I wonder how she came to the conclusion then?
    I think Arndt just had a "sense" about him. He took off immediately for the basement, where he straightaway "found" his murdered daughter despite the police, FBI and FW being unable to find her during their own searches. THEN she observed his demeanor- he wasn't crying, he wasn't distraught. He calmly said "this was an inside job" seconds after bringing her up. He was holding her AWAY from his body, straight out upright in front of him, making as little contact with her stiffened corpse as possible. She was stiff as a board and white with blue lips, and COLD. He KNEW she was dead, yet had to ask (just to make it seem like he didn't know).
    Arndt may not have been a homicide detective, but most police have a sense about people in situations like this.
    Later Arndt had said that she was surprised that JR went immediately to the basement- she had expected him to go to JB's room instead. She had told him to see if anything was missing (she meant a favorite toy, clothing, etc_ which would be in keeping with an abducted child.
    EVERY cop knows that when a child is reported missing by a parent and later found dead by a parent in the home a parent is either responsible for the death or KNOWS WHO IS.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I think Arndt just had a "sense" about him. He took off immediately for the basement, where he straightaway "found" his murdered daughter despite the police, FBI and FW being unable to find her during their own searches. THEN she observed his demeanor- he wasn't crying, he wasn't distraught. He calmly said "this was an inside job" seconds after bringing her up. He was holding her AWAY from his body, straight out upright in front of him, making as little contact with her stiffened corpse as possible. She was stiff as a board and white with blue lips, and COLD. He KNEW she was dead, yet had to ask (just to make it seem like he didn't know).
    Arndt may not have been a homicide detective, but most police have a sense about people in situations like this.
    Later Arndt had said that she was surprised that JR went immediately to the basement- she had expected him to go to JB's room instead. She had told him to see if anything was missing (she meant a favorite toy, clothing, etc_ which would be in keeping with an abducted child.
    EVERY cop knows that when a child is reported missing by a parent and later found dead by a parent in the home a parent is either responsible for the death or KNOWS WHO IS.
    You are sooooooooo right! No way in hell do you go down to the basement if you put your daughter to bed, sound asleep, and an intruder took her from her bedroom and left a ransom note on the first floor. You might end up down in the basement, at some point, not having found any interesting quirks in the bedroom.

  6. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Smearing feces on walls and such is a huge red flag that often points to severe emotional disturbance. I worked with E.D. kids (emotionally disturbed) back in the early 90's, and the smearing of feces was considered a warning sign that that a kid had deeper problems than relatively "normal" behavioral issues ( along with self mutilation, "rituals" like pulling out your own hair, setting fires, etc.). When I read in Kolar's book that Burke was doing this, I was stunned. It was shocking to me because, in my mind, it was an extremely important behavioral clue.

    I work in downtown Austin and my building is just two blocks away from the homeless shelter, and we have had several incidents with disturbed homeless people sneaking into the building to use the restroom, and smearing feces all over the walls. Back when I worked near campus in the 90's, I allowed a homeless guy to use our bathroom. He smeared feces all over the walls despite the fact that I had really done him a favor--so there was no motive there, he was just unbalanced, obviously.

    I now believe Burke's medical records are the key to solving this case. If his records contain just some bouts of the flu and things like that then why be so protective about them? If anything, normal illnesses and nothing more would put Burke in a favorable light.
    Hello neighbor! I agree with you that the medical records would most likely solve the case. The family dynamics seemed to be highly unusual. The picture BR drew, after JonBenet died, spoke volumes.

    JR in his plane, distant, which as I understand was how he pretty much approached life after Beth died. It never seemed as if BR and JR were really too close, even as BR grew up/

    PR, small and unimportant. Obviously not close to her 9 year old son, but focused on her 6 year old beauty queen. Did BR actually want his Mothers attention?

    onBenet, not even in the picture. Seems like he may have been happy to be the only child left in the family. I always wondered though, what his relationship with his parents was like after JonBenet died.

    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Yes, I understand about the fecal-smearing and agree with you. I also believe his medical records, as well as JonBenet's, might give better insight to the family dynamics. But I don't have enough information to conclude that Burke killed JonBenet because he was emotionally disturbed. I can think of several reasons why his medical records should be kept private, including some type physical abnormality, or a possible deviant act he endured that has nothing to do with JonBenet, or emotional issues unrelated to JonBenet, or a few other potentially embarrassing issues or ailments.

    In a nutshell, I need more information.
    Emotional issues wouldn't be unrelated to JonBenet if he was involved in the events that December night. It's hard to believe that both children had bed wetting/soiling problems and were both seeing psychiatrists. Whether there were emotional problems that occured 'naturally', or if the children were abused at a young age, psychiatric care, not counseling or therapy, is unusual.


    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Clearly I need to film and then youtube a lesson in Southern personalities.

    We would call that "split personality" being "high strung." A symptom is the easily spotted "hissy fit"; I have seen grown men grow pale when threatened with or witnessing one of these. It has been known to bring them to their knees. Invoking pleas to their Maker, no less.

    Oh, yeah. Believe it.

    Cynic knows first hand. He didn't give up a choice closing-argument spot for fun....
    I am from CA, transplanted in TX and I have seen evidence of your statement a time or two. These men really do have a 'come to Jesus moment'!!

  7. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post




    Emotional issues wouldn't be unrelated to JonBenet if he was involved in the events that December night. It's hard to believe that both children had bed wetting/soiling problems and were both seeing psychiatrists. Whether there were emotional problems that occured 'naturally', or if the children were abused at a young age, psychiatric care, not counseling or therapy, is unusual.
    I was unaware JonBenet was under psychiatric care. Is that fact or was it a "just for instance" statement?

    Call me stubborn, but I still think Steve Thomas's theory accounts best for what is known to the public. There is the possibility Thomas did not mention much about Burke because Burke was under-age, however, would that ruling still stand all these years later since Burke is an adult? Iirc, DeeDee once explained that Colorado law covered Burke by forever excluding him or even being mentioned as the possible offender.

    Patsy is dead. Burke can't be prosecuted. Most of the Statutes of Limitations have expired on what John can be charged with except kidnapping or some degree of murder (which includes homicide but not all homicides are murder). I translate that into Kolar at least thinks John took JonBenet from her bedroom to the basement, thus possibly qualifying for a kidnap charge????
    Last edited by BOESP; February 7, 2013, 4:54 pm at Thu Feb 7 16:54:44 UTC 2013.

  8. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I think Arndt just had a "sense" about him. He took off immediately for the basement, where he straightaway "found" his murdered daughter despite the police, FBI and FW being unable to find her during their own searches. THEN she observed his demeanor- he wasn't crying, he wasn't distraught. He calmly said "this was an inside job" seconds after bringing her up. He was holding her AWAY from his body, straight out upright in front of him, making as little contact with her stiffened corpse as possible. She was stiff as a board and white with blue lips, and COLD. He KNEW she was dead, yet had to ask (just to make it seem like he didn't know).
    Arndt may not have been a homicide detective, but most police have a sense about people in situations like this.
    Later Arndt had said that she was surprised that JR went immediately to the basement- she had expected him to go to JB's room instead. She had told him to see if anything was missing (she meant a favorite toy, clothing, etc_ which would be in keeping with an abducted child.
    EVERY cop knows that when a child is reported missing by a parent and later found dead by a parent in the home a parent is either responsible for the death or KNOWS WHO IS.
    I agree with you here, DeeDee. Linda Arndt appeared to have sensed "all was not quite right" with John Ramsey's behaviour, but what happened to Linda's thinking as time passed and she appeared to grow quite close to the Ramseys? Plus she seemed out of favour with her colleagues(?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  9. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind4U View Post
    Thank you Elle. I'm already Senior.....
    More than likely a young Senior! '

    Aw geez! I've already replied to this! Am I in trouble, or am I in trouble! :(
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  10. #106
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Welcome to Texas Sun!

    Dee Dee I totally get that Arndt had good reason to feel John was involved, but she said she knew "exactly what happened." Then when asked if she ever wavered in that opinion, she said she never wavered. So I guess my problem is that she jumped to a conclusion that he, and not Patsy or even possibly Burke, did the murder. It''s not like Patsy was acting "normal" either.

    Early on, in the first couple of days after the crime, a former forum member and Boulderite went around Boulder posting flyers of "Wanted for murder, " featuring a pic of John Ramsey. This guy was a smart guy, but I found it disturbing that he would do all that before hardly any evidence on the murder was even known at the time. Over time Pasty became the main suspect, mostly because of the note. I'm just naturally cautious.

  11. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Welcome to Texas Sun!

    Dee Dee I totally get that Arndt had good reason to feel John was involved, but she said she knew "exactly what happened." Then when asked if she ever wavered in that opinion, she said she never wavered. So I guess my problem is that she jumped to a conclusion that he, and not Patsy or even possibly Burke, did the murder. It''s not like Patsy was acting "normal" either.

    Early on, in the first couple of days after the crime, a former forum member and Boulderite went around Boulder posting flyers of "Wanted for murder, " featuring a pic of John Ramsey. This guy was a smart guy, but I found it disturbing that he would do all that before hardly any evidence on the murder was even known at the time. Over time Pasty became the main suspect, mostly because of the note. I'm just naturally cautious.
    Arndt really couldn't have known "exactly what happened", though, could she? She didn't SEE it. In reality, only the perp/killer(s) can say that. Arndt made, based on her experience and intuition about it, a fair assumption. Keep in mind that Arndt was close to the case at the beginning- even being in the morgue to witness the autopsy (along with Sgt Trujillo). But before long, she was being made a scapegoat for the mistakes in the police investigation and she was eventually taken off the case. She also sued her employers. She may not have seen all the evidence, so for her to say she "never wavered" - may be because she never got all the information.
    I am not saying I disagree with her- I am RDI so I could see any of the 3 surviving family members (and a 4th who claimed not to be there) in that wineceller with JB. But other investigators were even closer to the case- and the truth- and I don't think anyone felt JDI apart from Arndt. Some of the forensic specialists who examined the autopsy report (and in some cases the photos) felt the father (JR) was responsible- at least for the molestation. But who the molester actually WAS has never been proven.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  12. #108

    Default

    From /u/Fr_Brown:
    Where in JonBenet's room were the feces-smeared pajama bottoms "thought to belong to Burke" found? If they were in plain sight, is there a crime scene photograph of them? Were they collected?
    Was the "feces-smeared candy box" collected? If not, do you know why not?
    permalink embed

    [–]jameskolar[S] 17 points 1 year ago
    It is my recollection that the pj bottoms were on the floor but I didn’t see that they or the box of candy were collected. It was an odd observation noted by investigators, but I don’t think they grasped the significance of those items at the time. Interviews were still being conducted with family employees and friends during and well after the completion of the execution of the search warrants.
    permalink embed parent

    https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...mes_kolar_ama/



Similar Threads

  1. Peter Boyles interviews Stan Garnett, Alan Pendergast and more (Oct. 25 – 30, 2013)
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 13, 2013, 11:10 pm, Fri Dec 13 23:10:06 UTC 2013
  2. Peter Boyles interviews Tom "Doc" Miller (Feb. 1, 2013)
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 28, 2013, 2:59 pm, Sat Sep 28 14:59:41 UTC 2013
  3. Peter Boyles looks back
    By cynic in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: May 28, 2012, 8:33 pm, Mon May 28 20:33:09 UTC 2012
  4. Peter Boyles 2
    By koldkase in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: August 25, 2006, 10:27 am, Fri Aug 25 10:27:00 UTC 2006

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •