Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

I would have no problem going to Boulder but we need to find a decent lawyer willing to help because she/he feels it is the right thing to do.
    We need to get solid legal advice before we do anything.

Guys this could be really big.

Oh cynic you very well could have blown this wide open.

I LOVE IT
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Cynic can you also post this on Websleuths?

We have verified lawyers that post there. They might be able to help.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind4U View Post
    KK, I wouldn't be the best candidate to appear and TALK afront of the judge...however, it would be my honor to help financially for someone who can travel to Boulder as our representative. I couldn't see problem if members of WS and FFJ donate to such an important task. Count me in for trip expences.
    Ideally, someone already nearby would be the best candidate to do this. I have NEVER understood why the media hasn't gone after this already. Charlie Brennan MUST know. Carol McKinley surely knows she has standing to do so, as should Peter Boyles, etc. Once someone goes to court to force the issue, then anyone should be able to make a request for the same materials if a judge ruled in favor of the FOIA--and it's Boulder, Co., so god knows what it takes to get anyone in the justice system to actually FOLLOW THE LAW there.

Here's the SCANDAL of it all: HOW MANY REPORTERS, PRIVATE CITIZENS, AND JERK-OFFS LIKE TRACY HAVE SEEN THE CRIME SCENE MATERIALS SMIT AND TEAM RAMSEY CONTROLLED AS PROPAGANDA FOR 14 YEARS?

See what I mean? It's not believable that NO member of the media would already have realized the sheer INJUSTICE of that alone.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I would have no problem going to Boulder but we need to find a decent lawyer willing to help because she/he feels it is the right thing to do.
    We need to get solid legal advice before we do anything.

Guys this could be really big.

Oh cynic you very well could have blown this wide open.

I LOVE IT
    Can you call Carol McKinley and ask her about these issues? How about Doc Miller--a lawyer who knows this case well, maybe through Cookie/Judith Phillips?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Tricia & KK, we were posting at the same time. I suggested Charlie Brennan, but I'm sure there are others who would file, like Doc Miller. I don't think anyone, who wasn't in on the Ramsey fix, knew they COULD file to get the GJ proceedings before now!

Ha ha ha, you hear that giant sucking sound? That's 16 years of Ramsey lies and spin going down the drain!

Here's one article where Beckner and Garnett said...well, you can read exactly what they said:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...ce=most_viewed

Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book
    By Mitchell Byars Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 07/18/2012 09:34:53 PM MDT
    Updated: 07/18/2012 10:11:38 PM MDT

James Kolar, a former lead investigator on the Ramsey case for the Boulder County District Attorney's Office, has written a book about the murder, disputing the intruder theory. ( COURTESY )

It's been almost 16 years since JonBenet Ramsey was found dead in her family's Boulder basement.

Now, James Kolar, a former lead investigator on the Ramsey case for the Boulder County District Attorney's Office, has written a book questioning the theory that an intruder was responsible for the 6-year-old's murder.

In "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" Kolar draws upon his access to records, interviews, photos and video to make his argument against an intruder kidnapping JonBenet.

"My theory definitely went against an intruder," Kolar said. "There was strong physical evidence that discounted the intruder theory as it existed."

[snip]

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Kolar sent him a copy of the book, and he's read about 55 pages so far. Beckner was a commander in October 1997 when then-Chief Tom Koby assigned him to take over management of the Ramsey investigation.

Beckner said he doesn't think Kolar's theory will be new to anyone familiar with the case.

"I think, you know, if you go back to the history of this case, that has always been one of the theories of the case that has been investigated and been out there," Beckner said. "So I don't know why that is a surprise at this point."

Beckner said the Ramsey case remains open but is not actively being investigated. Detectives follow up on fresh tips occasionally or look at evidence again when someone comes up with a new idea on how to approach it, he said.

"I'd classify it as a cold case," Beckner said.

Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he is not specifically concerned about Kolar's book.

"One of the problems with the Ramsey case has been the extensive public debate in a very unfocused environment," he said. "So this is not any more significant than any of my concerns about public discussions of the Ramsey case."

Garnett said he has received a copy of the book but has not read it yet, "so I can't say if it is mainly speculation or not."

Kolar said he does not believe his book will add to the speculation or affect the investigation because he thinks the case will never be prosecuted.

"I don't believe this is a case that can be prosecuted," he said. "If I thought there was a chance that would be the case, I wouldn't be going public with this and I would be pushing the DA or the police chief to look into it."

Garnett said the case is a Boulder police investigation, and unless new evidence comes up, his office's priority must remain on current cases.

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

"We're very interested in cold cases if we have evidence," he said. "We're not going to file charges on theories or books or people speculating back and forth, but is there admissible evidence, and I don't think there is in the Ramsey case."

Camera Staff Writer Joe Rubino contributed to this report.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Lin Wood has repeatedly lied through his horse teeth ...

From the article KK posted:

"There are a number of very interesting legal issues regarding the grand jurors," Wood said. "Needless to say, I intend to fully explore these issues in an effort to establish publicly the truth that the grand jury voted and voted against an indictment."

That statement should read Lin Wood wanted to "establish publicly THE LIE that the grand jury voted and voted against an indictment."

Now that we know the truth, why doesn't the media ask Lin Wood about his above statement regarding the Grand Jury? As the Ramsey's attorney, he would have known they WERE indicted by the Grand Jury, but Wood was determined to subvert the truth by intimating otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Lin Wood has repeatedly lied through his horse teeth ...

From the article KK posted:

"There are a number of very interesting legal issues regarding the grand jurors," Wood said. "Needless to say, I intend to fully explore these issues in an effort to establish publicly the truth that the grand jury voted and voted against an indictment."

That statement should read Lin Wood wanted to "establish publicly THE LIE that the grand jury voted and voted against an indictment."

Now that we know the truth, why doesn't the media ask Lin Wood about his above statement regarding the Grand Jury? As the Ramsey's attorney, he would have known they WERE indicted by the Grand Jury, but Wood was determined to subvert the truth by intimating otherwise.

He said he was going to look in to it but then we never heard another word about it. He must have not liked what he found.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

I knew it!!! Bowing before you!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    OK. Here is what We need to find out...since hunter did not sign the
    Indictment does that fact give Lacy an out?. I don't know.
    Thank you so much Cynic. You never cease to amaze me.
    I hate to be a party pooper, but no indictment was issued, since the spineless Hunter quashed it. I think Lacy has an out here. The lawyer from Atlanta was lying (since he was talking) by saying the grand jury did not vote to indict, but he can lie about anything to advocate for his client.

I'd bet a couple bucks that the National Enquirer or Daily Mail, maybe the Colorado media as well, already have attorneys looking into this. In some cases the media file FOIA suits as co-plaintiffs. Maybe we could find out somehow and join one of those.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Good work, Cynic. Man I would love to see Lacy in bracelets.

Yes, let me add that the sight of Ms. Tracy-Lacy in handcuffs would warm my heart, but I don't think it'll happen. If all this starts to shake out, as we believe it will, she may have some trouble with the ethics panel of the Colorado bar.