Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Very interesting posts one and all. I know the time involved
    when it comes to research. Thank you! Mary Lacy has a lot to answer for!
    And thank you, Elle, ever vigilant in the search for the truth in this case, so buried by myth and lies it may never all be uncovered.

Oct. 11th is the first court date for Charlie Brennan and Stan Garnett on this issue.

It's time for the truth of the life and death of JonBenet Ramsey to be witnessed in full.

God speed, gentlemen.

[I'm editing to correct court date.]

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I have thought about this in light of the disclosure that the Grand Jury voted a True Bill to indict both Patsy and John.

Since we have information from the ex-wife of John's private pilot, Mike Archuleta, confirming the Ramsey's story about kneeling in front of the TV at the Archuleta's home in Colorado awaiting Alex Hunter's press conference, at which he announced there would be no indictment, I wonder if they already knew about that Grand Jury's decision.

I'm pretty sure, from what we have learned about how Hunter worked with defense attorneys so closely in his 30 years as BDA he practically was a defense attorney, that he would have informed them of what went on in the Grand Jury.

Maybe he told the Ramsey attorneys their decision "off the record." Or maybe he held that one card close to the vest. (Ha, right. )

Again, I'm only speculating based on Hunter's record; but thinking through how often it was planted in the media by Team Ramsey that the Grand Jury voted NO BILL, with not word one from any BDA to correct that HUGE DISINFORMATION campaign by Team Ramsey, it's just more evidence of the corruption of Hunter and Lacy in their duty as DAs, IMO.

It leads me to think Hunter may have told the Ramseys attorneys about the de facto "True Bill" vote. So that would explain why the Ramseys were prepared to be indicted, in spite of Hunter being in bed with the defense attorneys from the start.

(snipped)

But by the same respect for the law, Thomas and Kane actually did honor the Grand jury code of secrecy. That opened up the path for lies and propaganda we had shoved down our throats by Team Ramsey about the Grand Jury.

Who started the rumors that there was "no True Bill" from the Grand Jury? Whether by word or deceptive, ambiguous body language, I don't know, but the innuendos and gossip were quoted from the Ramsey propagandists in the press, I remember that. Reported as rumor, it became "fact" spread by the Ramsey Spin Team. Lin Wood certainly ate it up and passed it on every time a camera turned in his direction.

Now we know it was just more lies.
    It's interesting to look back at things from the past with today's knowledge about the actual results of the GJ. Notice in the following exchange between Michael Kane and Lin Wood that Kane refuses to violate the secrecy of what he knows about the GJ's true bill -- despite the taunts from Wood. I have no doubt that Wood and Team Ramsey knew the GJ result, but knew also that Kane could/would not violate that secrecy.

From Larry King Live, August 30, 2000 (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../lkl.00.html):

KING: Lin Wood, you released that tape to us (a portion of the Ramsey interview), and Michael says you can release all of it; will you?
    WOOD: Well, if Michael has authorized me.
    KING: He just did.
    WOOD: Well, then, Michael... KANE: I'm saying I have no objection.
    WOOD: I will absolutely accept you request that I release those records, and release those tapes, and we'll release the June of 1998 tapes.
    And I would challenge you, in return, to tell us now why the grand jury that you were in charge of, after 13 months, refused to issue an indictment in this case. Would you tell us that, please, Mr. Kane?
    KING: But you will still release them, right, Lin? He has agreed to let you release.
    WOOD: Let me say one thing too, Larry, about the interviews, if you don't mind, because it is important to know...
    KANE: Mr. Wood, let me ask you...
    KING: Let him answer that first. Go ahead.
    WOOD: Let me finish. During the interviews, John and Patsy Ramsey did, in fact, answer every question, even the questions that I thought were basically a waste of time about whether or not they had adequate protection for their son Burke, then 10 years old, when he returned to school in Boulder in 1997.
    They did not answer a handful of questions about the forensic tests, but I offered, if they would simply show me the results so that we could verify that they were telling us accurate that we would answer those.
    But what Mr. Kane does not know is that when he had already left, the other members of the interrogation squad were there, and we didn't have any problems with those six individuals. My clients gave to Chief Beckner, the Boulder Police Department, their direct private telephone numbers, and they told Chief Beckner: We want to have a dialogue with you. We want to work with you. If you think there is something that we can give you, in terms of additional information, pick up the phone and call us, don't even call our lawyer, call us directly. That is cooperation.
    KING: I have got a time problem here, Lin. But you will release them, and Michael has given you permission.
    And now, Michael, he asked you, why -- to explain why the grand jury did not indict.
    KANE: Larry, Mr. Wood, if he has ever practiced criminal law, which I don't know that he ever has, but I assume that he knows, because it is criminal law 101 that no prosecutor can talk about what went on in the grand jury.
    WOOD: Sure you can.
    KANE: I can absolutely not talk about what went on in the grand jury, and you know it, and you know it, Lin.
    WOOD: Mr. Kane, why don't you just tell us why the grand jury didn't take any action. It is a fair question. The public is entitled to know. This is not...
    KANE: No, I'm not -- I'll tell you what, Mr. Wood, I'll tell you what: If you will go to court with me, and ask the president judge to authorize a release of that information, I will release it.
    WOOD: I will walk into that courtroom with you, I may not...
    KANE: I will sign that petition with you, Mr. Wood, I will sign.

WOOD: Let's get this case...
    KING: Wait a minute.
    WOOD: Let's get this case out fully and fairly before the public.
    KING: We have made some progress here tonight. Lin Wood will release all the tapes he has got. And Michael and Lin will go to court together; Lin will ask for the release of the grand jury, Michael will say is OK.
    WOOD: I look forward to seeing you in court, Michael.
    KANE: I will tell the judge I have no objection. If you say that you will waive rule 6 and allow us to release that information, I will tell the court I have no objection.
    WOOD: Let's the truth come out, Mr. Kane.

KANE: All right, very well.
    KING: We're going to have you both back for an hour when all of it comes out, and I appreciate you being with us, Lin Wood and Michael Kane, and the dilemma goes on.

I feel sorry for Pam Archuleta, who said her marriage was destroyed by the Ramseys, more or less, with her and her husband spending so much time dealing with the Ramsey's problems, solving their own fell by the wayside. If Mrs. Archuleta ever figures out what the Ramseys truly did, I hope the truth set her free.
    On a side-note... I've often wondered since I read the name of the 911 operator in Kolar's book, if there is any relation between Mike Archuleta (pilot) and Kimberly Archuleta (911). Not that it would be important either way -- just a curiosity thing.
    All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech”.

Speaking of Pam Archuleta, here is a review of her stunning account of her friends, the Ramseys:

[To see how far the disinformation has evolved in this case, not even challenged by the slobbering "reporter" who simply repeats it, you may want to read the whole article if you haven't already. Have barf bag nearby. ]

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-daughter.html

John Ramsey's Lingering Suspicions

Oct 13, 2008 2:14 AM EDT

(Page 3 of 4)

[snip]

Ramsey admits, for the first time, that both he and Patsy suffered waves of guilt about the murder. "I kicked myself for not getting more sophisticated house security. We left it off that night because it would go off like a siren and catapult us out of bed."

Patsy, he says, “wondered who she had enticed by putting JonBenet in beauty contests.” And both parents lamented that the videos of JonBenet vamping in these competitions—released by the pageant organizations—became the only thing most people knew about their daughter.

"But she was a born performer, she and Burke would put on all these plays,” Ramsey says. The pageants were only an occasional fun thing."

Yet Pam Archuleta, over coffee and then wine at the Boulderado Hotel, said Patsy was “obsessed” by the contests, and she describes the alcove just outside the master bedroom in Boulder where Patsy displayed all the photos, trophies, ribbons and tiaras from her own days as Miss West Virginia. JonBenet’s pageant costumes were “handmade in New York, much finer than the other contestants,” says another family friend. "Her hair was highlighted, her makeup applied thickly and designed to make her look older. Besides, she had to take piano and singing lessons, she had a coach. Does that sound like fun?”

John Ramsey had misgivings about the cost of the costumes and the atmosphere of the pageant circuit: "I hated the 'I won, I won,' attitude of the other families,” he says. Sometimes, according to Pam, he and Patsy argued about it: "He came from a well-bred background and things like that were not done.”

Even Patsy expressed occasional doubts about the effect of the circuit on her daughter: "She is too friendly, just too friendly with people," she told Michael and Pam. “She flirts with people.”

Patsy’s Southern style was considered ostentatious by the understated citizens of Boulder. She coiffed her hair and wore high heels to run errands; she matched her kitchen wallpaper to her China pattern. But she was generous, civic-minded, and bountiful in her caring for other people. According to John, she even ended befriended the press pack.

“I would yell at them ‘Get the hell out of here, bottom feeder!’’ he says. “But she would sometimes go up to one outside the house and give him a hug and a kiss.”

Pam and others recall a rawer side of Patsy: "She talked disparagingly about the people of Boulder, calling them ‘aging hippies’ with their long dresses, natural hair and Birkenstock shoes. She was quite nasty about the way they dressed.”

Some friends saw JonBenet's bedwetting and other problems with toilet training as a protest against the pressure of the pageants. They believe she might have soldiered on to please her mother after Patsy’s harrowing battle with cancer.

When JonBenet was two years old, Patsy was essentially absent for a year during her treatment. "JonBenet just stuck to me," John said, with a rare smile. "I was upset because Beth had just been killed in the accident and JonBenet would tell me 'Dad I don't like that face.' I would smile and she would say 'That's better.'"

But when Patsy recovered, her three-year-old daughter was all hers. They embarked on the grueling pageant circuit and JonBenet proceeded to act like a little adult for half of her childhood. She won more than two dozen trophies and lost more.

Pam Archuleta saw a fatigue in JonBenet during the last months of her life. "She had this haunted, defeated look. She looked frozen when she got that beauty queen attitude on. I think she was just plain worn out.”

[snip]

...As for Pam Archuleta, "I lost my marriage," she says, beginning to weep. "Michael would go off in his plane and leave me to deal with hiding the Ramseys. I couldn't take it."

[snip]
    I do feel for Mrs. Archuleta. I can only imagine why her husband was avoiding her as she hosted the Ramseys, who clearly intimidated her on many levels, I feel, from the parts of the article I snipped.

At the time of the murder, Pam A. was no stranger to the Ramseys; she knew Burke and JonBenet, as well. Pam was involved with coordinating the Boy Scout Troop march in the 1996 Boulder Christmas Parade the first week of Dec., to which Burke and her own son belonged, if memory serves. That was also the one with JonBenet's "pageant car" ride from which we have a photo, wasn't it? You may remember Patsy and John were in N.Y. with the Stines during that week, while Patsy's parents took care of the children in Boulder. (This all followed Patsy's and JonBenet's Thanksgiving activities in Atlanta, including some shopping for pageant dresses, one of which may be the one the child was buried in...? If I have these details wrong please feel free to correct me or add anything I've forgotten or mixed up.)

But the responsibilities of coordinating activities for active children is a far cry from having the rich Ramseys as long term guests while dodging the press and praying for no indictment--after one of their children was murdered in their own home, for which they were the prime suspects, no less. Mr. Archuleta worked for John, as well, and eventually bought a plane from him, as I remember it.

It must have been devastating for those friends and parents who knew JonBenet, walking on eggshells in confusion and fear after she was murdered. We know how others among the inner circle of the Ramsey's fared after this murder.

I tell you, there is no limit to the wealth of subtext in this entire article. It's rich with every kind of deceit and propaganda vomited by Team Ramsey for so long. To be written by a "Pulitzer Prize-winning" journalist simply destroys the credibility of the press even further. Good job, JOB Ramsey; you did change the way we get our news. Now we have to go to court to wrest it out of the hands of corruption and politics.

There's a discussion thread on this article somewhere around here on FFJ, but while googling the link for this article I found an oldie but goody at topix which has me simultaneously laughing and pulling my hair out:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...BVOSJNG77UD7JV

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

"At age 64, Ramsey still has the gloss of wealth about him. He greets me in a wine-colored cashmere sweater and yellow-checked shirt, his wavy hair the color of cornstalks in winter; he is smooth and genial, even debonair."

Oh God, barf bag necessary indeed! Surprised the reporter didn't report on the condition of John's lower bowel since she seems to have crawled up there!

Did Ramsey write this himself and just hand it to the reporter? Hair "the color of cornstalks in winter?" Dear Lord, help me, the guy thinks he's being poetic.
    Last edited by heymom; October 12, 2013, 2:16 pm at Sat Oct 12 14:16:20 UTC 2013.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    "At age 64, Ramsey still has the gloss of wealth about him. He greets me in a wine-colored cashmere sweater and yellow-checked shirt, his wavy hair the color of cornstalks in winter; he is smooth and genial, even debonair."

Oh God, barf bag necessary indeed! Surprised the reporter didn't report on the condition of John's lower bowel since he seems to have crawled up there!

Did Ramsey write this himself and just hand it to the reporter? Hair "the color of cornstalks in winter?" Dear Lord, help me, the guy thinks he's being poetic.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

"Four years before he lost JonBenet, Ramsey’s daughter Beth from his first marriage was killed in a car crash. Shortly afterwards, Patsy was told she had Stage Four ovarian cancer, but delayed telling John so as not to add to his grief. She was hospitalized for a year while she endured intense but successful chemotherapy. Then, on the morning after Christmas in 1996, John found JonBenet crumpled in the wine cellar with a garrote sunk round her neck."

Now here's a new one. Did anyone here know that Patsy had been hospitalized for an entire YEAR?? Yeah, I thought so.

Such a flood of tragedy defies any normal reaction, and John Ramsey's responses have been often judged abnormal. It was his bizarre poise on the morning of the murder that first raised police suspicions about him. "They wanted me to wail and cry in front of them,” he says. “It somehow escaped them that how people really feel is not always apparent."

No, John, the fact that your child was found dead in your basement with a ransom note written by your wife is what raised police suspicions.

John was also criticized for immediately getting a lawyer. "I got a call from someone in the law enforcement system on the second day. They told me I better do it, because the police were already considering me the prime suspect."

And you had a lawyer waiting the DAY of the murder.

"It started when our frantic call brought a single rookie cop who was so inexperienced she didn't seal off the house or collect evidence. She even had to send out for a book on kidnapping," John says. "Then, later, they took 200 DNA samples and one by one they purportedly eliminated our friends and acquaintances so they could investigate the only people they really thought had done it—us. And our DNA wasn't even found on our child's body!"

Your dear wife called your friends over to make sure to contaminate the scene as quickly as possible, but yes, the BPD was incompetent, especially for letting your family leave that afternoon with the body of your child lying like a broken doll underneath the Christmas tree. You should have been held in the Boulder jail without bond.

P.S. - John, your DNA would normally have been found on your child's clothing or body, just from routine contact. The assertion that it supposedly wasn't found would be more incriminating, actually, since it would mean that the killer(s) or assistants had wiped the body clean trying to destroy any evidence.

What a smooch-fest this article is! The reporter obviously just took down whatever Ramsey said and didn't do any of her own research.
    Last edited by heymom; October 12, 2013, 2:16 pm at Sat Oct 12 14:16:04 UTC 2013.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

“The last hope I have,” he says, is that “one day I will get a call from somewhere in the country and a voice will say, 'We know who killed your daughter.'"

Well, John Ramsey, today is your lucky day...

Chief Kolar has been trying to reach you.

Lucinda Franks: "At age 64, Ramsey still has the gloss of wealth about him. He greets me in a wine-colored cashmere sweater and yellow-checked shirt, his wavy hair the color of cornstalks in winter; he is smooth and genial, even debonair."

Woo Hoo! Methinks girls, Lucinda Franks has a crush on John Ramsey making a statement like this!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I just read in the news that there had been a development re GJ.

Will be watching with interest!
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    I just read in the news that there had been a development re GJ.

Will be watching with interest!
    OH, looky who's slumming in the Guttah today!

Nice of you to drop by. So lovely to see you remember us down here and come to gloat down your highfalutin nose. Too bad you couldn't bring Zotto, a certain former Aussie agent who also deserted us.

Yeah, it's a hard job waiting on justice in Boulder, I have to admit. Not for the faint of heart...or anyone who has a real life.

So thanks for giving us a thrill, Dearie. Next time bring old Zotto and some haggis, if you please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Oh God, barf bag necessary indeed! Surprised the reporter didn't report on the condition of John's lower bowel since she seems to have crawled up there!
    Too true!

"Four years before he lost JonBenet, Ramsey’s daughter Beth from his first marriage was killed in a car crash. Shortly afterwards, Patsy was told she had Stage Four ovarian cancer, but delayed telling John so as not to add to his grief. She was hospitalized for a year while she endured intense but successful chemotherapy. Then, on the morning after Christmas in 1996, John found JonBenet crumpled in the wine cellar with a garrote sunk round her neck."

Now here's a new one. Did anyone here know that Patsy had been hospitalized for an entire YEAR?? Yeah, I thought so.

Such a flood of tragedy defies any normal reaction, and John Ramsey's responses have been often judged abnormal. It was his bizarre poise on the morning of the murder that first raised police suspicions about him. "They wanted me to wail and cry in front of them,” he says. “It somehow escaped them that how people really feel is not always apparent."

No, John, the fact that your child was found dead in your basement with a ransom note written by your wife is what raised police suspicions.

John was also criticized for immediately getting a lawyer. "I got a call from someone in the law enforcement system on the second day. They told me I better do it, because the police were already considering me the prime suspect."

And you had a lawyer waiting the DAY of the murder.

"It started when our frantic call brought a single rookie cop who was so inexperienced she didn't seal off the house or collect evidence. She even had to send out for a book on kidnapping," John says. "Then, later, they took 200 DNA samples and one by one they purportedly eliminated our friends and acquaintances so they could investigate the only people they really thought had done it—us. And our DNA wasn't even found on our child's body!"

Your dear wife called your friends over to make sure to contaminate the scene as quickly as possible, but yes, the BPD was incompetent, especially for letting your family leave that afternoon with the body of your child lying like a broken doll underneath the Christmas tree. You should have been held in the Boulder jail without bond.

P.S. - John, your DNA would normally have been found on your child's clothing or body, just from routine contact. The assertion that it supposedly wasn't found would be more incriminating, actually, since it would mean that the killer(s) or assistants had wiped the body clean trying to destroy any evidence.

What a smooch-fest this article is! The reporter obviously just took down whatever Ramsey said and didn't do any of her own research.
    I couldn't agree more with EVERY WORD you said!

Lying, pompous, self-righteous, John Ramsey makes me want to wretch ... and that's even BEFORE he starts with the lizard tongue.
    Attached Images Attached Images