Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post

I would suggest that, at the point of the depression, the skull is thicker going posteriorly than it is going anteriorly. This would explain why the fracture is much shorter, posteriorly, than it is anteriorly, IMO.
    Thanks Learnin. The six-year-old skull is pliable as well, which might offset the thickness. Angle of attack, amount of pressure, lots of things to consider.

To me, at this point in studying her injuries, it just seems obvious that an adult had to cause this no matter how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    Of course. I look forward to the discussion . I'm still working my way through this in hopes of trying to pin it down. I just hope you're not going to point out that I didn't include the scalp in the animation, since I couldn't figure out how to add it to the animation. (I was just glad I could get the three layers into the representation of the skull so it looked somewhat realistic.)

Anyway, I have an idea about where it will end up, but I'm not doing this in order to prove it. If I'm wrong (as I feel now that I was before about it being a putter), I want to know, and I don't mind admitting it.

Bring it on!

I think your work is fabulous.

I'm a visual person (even if I have to visualize in my head). If I had read what you said in the videos I'd still be trying to figure it out.

Don't forget to try cracking the egg on a surface (or maybe you better ask your wife to do it and you watch.)

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I think your work is fabulous.

I'm a visual person (even if I have to visualize in my head). If I had read what you said in the videos I'd still be trying to figure it out.

Don't forget to try cracking the egg on a surface (or maybe you better ask your wife to do it and you watch.)
    Easter coming up! Plenty of boiled eggs afterwards!

Anyone else care to join me in "The Great Boiled Egg Smash and Slaughter Day"?

(Of course, we'll have to designate it to be after Sunday so there are no conflicts or disrespect.)
    All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech”.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I had never heard any of this music before! Was surprised to hear it otg, then realized it was associated and knowing how hard you try the words had to relate to what was going on. Am I right? I have come through several music spells with my sons, including Heavy Metal. I survived your music otg! Off track here! When are you opening your own web site? Liked your lovely white doors and white counter in your kitchen.
    What a trooper, Elle -- listening to music you don't care for just to suffer through my ramblings.

Wifee and I are plain people -- nothing fancy. And neither of us have much of a "flair" for decorating, so our idea of adding colors are the ones between black and white (you know, the greys).
    All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech”.

(Of course, we'll have to designate it to be after Sunday so there are no conflicts or disrespect.)
    I LOVE deviled eggs!

I'm in!

Actually I think I might try a few whacks with a cantaloupe instead of a piece of clay. If I turn up anything interesting I'll take photos and put them up here.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

The last video was over the top, sorry for bashing an opinion. Pulling on the impact area was unrealistic and somewhat gross - no prying forces were exhibited in the autopsy report or photos, and the "levering" action is inappropriate. Also, "Bad to the Bone" is not music that would have been chosen, had good taste been considered. This was a dead six year old.

What a trooper, Elle -- listening to music you don't care for just to suffer through my ramblings.

Wifee and I are plain people -- nothing fancy. And neither of us have much of a "flair" for decorating, so our idea of adding colors are the ones between black and white (you know, the greys).
    New music is always interesting otg. I did like this, just hadn't heard it before. I personally don't think you were trying to hurt anyone by choosing your music, otg. I feel you were just trying to fill in the silence.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    The last video was over the top, sorry for bashing an opinion. Pulling on the impact area was unrealistic and somewhat gross - no prying forces were exhibited in the autopsy report or photos, and the "levering" action is inappropriate. Also, "Bad to the Bone" is not music that would have been chosen, had good taste been considered. This was a dead six year old.

I understand where you're coming from Wombat, but I don't think otg was thinking along those lines. He really does work very hard and has posted wonderful graphics . Same thing can be said for cynic. I quite believe it was just innocently done without some serious thought because he was so caught up with it all.

I couldn't get over the newspaper comic strips of that play they had put on about JonBenét. I was really grossed out with that scene. I don't know if it's still on the boards here(?). You better avoid it dear friend.
    Just my opinion.

Excellent OTG! I've only tried the egg experiment with raw eggs back several years ago. I think it was either Rashomon or Jayelles that I tried to convince to do a "test-along" with me. Iirc, they declined.

Seriously, it never occurred to me to try boiled eggs. I do know (from many decades of Easter Egg Experience) that cracking the egg onto a hard surface makes, mostly, a comminuted fracture without much in the way of linear fractures. The raw egg, struck onto a hard surface, will give something similar to that found on JonBenet (or at least it did when in my experiment ... 3-4 times), which consisted of both comminuted and linear fractures.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I understand where you're coming from Wombat, but I don't think otg was thinking along those lines. He really does work very hard and has posted wonderful graphics . Same thing can be said for cynic. I quite believe it was just innocently done without some serious thought because he was so caught up with it all.

I couldn't get over the newspaper comic strips of that play they had put on about JonBenét. I was really grossed out with that scene. I don't know if it's still on the boards here(?). You better avoid it dear friend.
    I know, I'm sorry, I know fellow FFJ-ers work hard. I just got mad at the song. I'll be good from now on, Ms. Elle. Have a great weekend.

Oh my gosh, OTG!

Chero sent me a guilt bomb so thought I'd drop in. I was thinking of you just this week and wondering if you had worked out your experiment on this. I've been busy so haven't been by much lately, but I know you had worked on this a lot.

I will catch up on this thread this weekend and look forward to seeing your results.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I know, I'm sorry, I know fellow FFJ-ers work hard. I just got mad at the song. I'll be good from now on, Ms. Elle. Have a great weekend.
    I do understand your feelings wombat. I'm a sensitive person too. We are all different. We just have to deal with our feelings. Just let it blow away in the wind and have a nice weekend. Which part of Australia are you in? My son is in Leeming, Perth.
    Just my opinion.